Mr. President, you sir, are a liar....and that is coming from me.

I said this before, but it is worth repeating:

The overarching ambition of ALL parties to make the President of the opposing party a one term president. Always have been and always will be so.

But then a strange thing happened and HONESTY showed its ugly face: For the first time one politician - Senator Mitch McConnell - actually had the guts to say so.

In our age when lying and hypocrisy are the political driving force, Senator McConnell's HONESTY was rather refreshing.

That would have been the ambition of Republicans regardless of the skin color of President Obama, just as it would be the ambition of Democrats toward a Republican President.

This has been historic obstruction. And I really can say that based on the evidence.

Republicans have really engaged in unprecedented and very radical behavior.

Historic number of times of filibusters.
Historic low number of bills passed.
Historic filibuster of a cabinet member.
Interrupting a Presidential speech in the halls of congress by calling the President a "liar".
The Senate Republican Leader publicly proclaiming that the number one of agenda of his party was to make the President a one term President.
And I am not sure about all the investigations..but that's probably record breaking too.

And their agenda is very radical. They want to destroy the social safety net.
Most of them didn't run on that.
In public..they say they are trying to "save it".

It's quite extraordinary really.

This is a very radical and dangerous bunch of folks. They are following a man who says he wants to shrink the government to a very small size..so he can drown it.

That's amazing. They signed a pledge of fealty to that guy..circumventing the United States Constitution.

The obstruction of George W. Bush started long before the election on 2000. Remember the the opinion of Canadian and gratefully departed jerk on ABC denigrating George W. Bush even AFTER the 911- 2001 attacks?

Remember the CBS icon Dan Rather desperately "producing" a document that would put GWB on the same level as Dan Rather's idol the recipient of the Purple Heart for self inflicted wounds, the gigolo, John Kerry?

Remember the disdain on ABC, NBC, CBS and CNN on 9-12-2000?

That's just outright slander.

I said this before, but it is worth repeating:

The overarching ambition of ALL parties to make the President of the opposing party a one term president. Always have been and always will be so.

But then a strange thing happened and HONESTY showed its ugly face: For the first time one politician - Senator Mitch McConnell - actually had the guts to say so.

In our age when lying and hypocrisy are the political driving force, Senator McConnell's HONESTY was rather refreshing.

That would have been the ambition of Republicans regardless of the skin color of President Obama, just as it would be the ambition of Democrats toward a Republican President.

This has been historic obstruction. And I really can say that based on the evidence.

Interrupting a Presidential speech in the halls of congress by calling the President a "liar".
The Senate Republican Leader publicly proclaiming that the number one of agenda of his party was to make the President a one term President.
And I am not sure about all the investigations..but that's probably record breaking too.

This is a very radical and dangerous bunch of folks. They are following a man who says he wants to shrink the government to a very small size..so he can drown it.

That's amazing. They signed a pledge of fealty to that guy..circumventing the United States Constitution.

OMG SALLOW, you are FULL OF SHIT...there has been nothing HISTORIC about any of this except Obama being elected...and that racist pos Spike Lee can go to hell and so can the person who quoted him

Looked pretty accurate. Which part was wrong?

You have one party that is 90% white and the other party that's a coalition. But it's Obama, the man the Republican leadership has sworn to "bring down" is the problem.

That's like saying:

Teabags + hot water + honey = cotton

In other words, coming up with a conclusion that is completely unrelated to all the facts.
And you have a party that is 90% black controlled by rich whites.

Sounds like a plantation to me, just sayin...

If it were true. But it's not. Jesus, these Republicans and their never ending stream of lies. And we sit in front of the Internet. So easy to debunk.

For anyone who sees my post - I do not normally go to name calling and/or extreme claims.
But after watching the press conference by the President today enough is enough.
He lies.
There I said it.
He is lying. There is no other argument. His continual method of avoiding blame by constantly putting ALL of the blame on the Republicans is beyond disingenuous, it is flat out lying to the American people.
There are two parties in Washington who are responsible for the sequester and two branches of government. Not half of one branch sir.
You chose to runaround and campaign instead of work with others. You chose to have a useless meeting on the last possible minute of the last day to actually work.
Then you have the nerve to place all of the blame on the opposing party.
This President is a prime example of what is wrong in Washington, and why nothing gets done.

Perhaps you have forgotten the Republican mantra established by Mitch McConnell after Obama was elected? Oh, you did. Let me repeat it here: "The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president."

Oh, and then a bunch of assholes decided to start bugging him for his birth certificate.

Spike Lee is right, there are two Americas. You're living in one and Obama has lived in the other all of his life. But he naively thought that once he was elected president the little white boys would act like grown men and work with him. They have not. And that is how we have arrived at this place where we are today.

Number one, it is always the opposition party's #1 ambition to make the President a one termer. The DNC did it to Eisenhower Nixon Ford Reagan and both Bushes. The GOP did it with Johnson, Carter, clinton and obama. No big deal, unless you get overheard and the media decides it's a "plot".

And WHAT other America did barack obama grow up in? He certainly have more advantages than I did growing up. He was, I guess you'd say, upper middle class. He attended private schools and 3 prestigious colleges, all advantages not shared by his "white oppressors".

The obstruction of George W. Bush started long before the election on 2000. Remember the the opinion of Canadian and gratefully departed jerk on ABC denigrating George W. Bush even AFTER the 911- 2001 attacks?

Remember the CBS icon Dan Rather desperately "producing" a document that would put GWB on the same level as Dan Rather's idol the recipient of the Purple Heart for self inflicted wounds, the gigolo, John Kerry?

Dumping on American Heroes is what they do..

:doubt:

For anyone who sees my post - I do not normally go to name calling and/or extreme claims.
But after watching the press conference by the President today enough is enough.
He lies.
There I said it.
He is lying. There is no other argument. His continual method of avoiding blame by constantly putting ALL of the blame on the Republicans is beyond disingenuous, it is flat out lying to the American people.
There are two parties in Washington who are responsible for the sequester and two branches of government. Not half of one branch sir.
You chose to runaround and campaign instead of work with others. You chose to have a useless meeting on the last possible minute of the last day to actually work.
This President is a prime example of what is wrong in Washington, and why nothing gets done.

Perhaps you have forgotten the Republican mantra established by Mitch McConnell after Obama was elected? Oh, you did. Let me repeat it here: "The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president."

Oh, and then a bunch of assholes decided to start bugging him for his birth certificate.

Spike Lee is right, there are two Americas. You're living in one and Obama has lived in the other all of his life. But he naively thought that once he was elected president the little white boys would act like grown men and work with him. They have not. And that is how we have arrived at this place where we are today.

Number one, it is always the opposition party's #1 ambition to make the President a one termer. The DNC did it to Eisenhower Nixon Ford Reagan and both Bushes. The GOP did it with Johnson, Carter, clinton and obama. No big deal, unless you get overheard and the media decides it's a "plot".

And WHAT other America did barack obama grow up in? He certainly have more advantages than I did growing up. He was, I guess you'd say, upper middle class. He attended private schools and 3 prestigious colleges, all advantages not shared by his "white oppressors".

No it hasn't.

Once a President gets elected..generally both sides fall in line...and pass legislation according the the President's policy mission statement.

That stopped with Clinton..then came back with Bush.

It's stopped again.

Wonder what changed?

What's to call him on? He was just about right when he said 90%, wasn't he? In any case, he was a WHOLE lot closer than you were.

87% is not 90% plus only 21% of blacks are democrats? what about the other 70% or so?

Like I linked to in previous posts, some polls put it higher than 90%. Look at the Republican Convention, you know, where they had those peanut throwing racial incidents. What did it look like to you? I love the guy who wore "Put white back in the White House" shirts. He represented.

a racist like you would.....anything to push the divide farther....

No it actually isn't.

Republicans have a history of pulling this shit. They did it with Clinton almost from the get go. Republicans blocked or tried to block almost each and every one of his initatives. Most famously was HillaryCare. One of Clintons biggest hopes was to reform health care and put up a single payer system. Hillary Clinton, a highly competent lawyer in her own right, sat on a bi-partisan committee to craft policy. Republicans got together under Bob Dole and came out with an alternative. THAT alternative required each and every American to purchase Healthcare. Sound familiar? It should..because it was used by Mitt Romney in Massachusettes and Barack Obama for his health care initiative. They blocked HillaryCare and wound up putting NOTHING up. Then they wanted to dismantle Social Security and Medicare. They CLOSED down the government because Clinton wouldn't capitulate. THEN they impeached him.

Barack Obama came into office in a MESS with a chorus of Republicans hoping for his failure. This isn't hyperbole, mind you, this was really what they were saying. Darrell Issa actually called him the most corrupt President in American history and promised investigation after investigation. He's lived up to that. You had members of the Republican side of Congress questioning the validity of his birthright. That's still happening today. Mitch McConnell said the number one priority of Republicans was to make sure that President Barack Obama was a one term President. This isn't hyperbole either..he actually said that. And Republicans got together before the President assumed office to cook up a strategy to make sure that was a case. On Powerpoint no less. Then the fostered the Tea Party movement. They made everything a tough slog till they got control of the house. Then they made everything impossible. Republicans hold the record now for filibusters. They put up 2 looney tune budgets last congress that, guess what, dismantled Social Securtiy and Medicare - AND as an added bonus..INCREASED military spending. No big wars (Afghanistan is winding down)..no justification for it..just..hey..what the heck..increase it.

So when the President says that Republicans are responsible for this..they are..and completely responsible. We've NEVER seen anything close to this sort of behavior from Democrats. Never.

Long rant but forgetting that Ronald Reagan inherited a far worse situation, but never once did he ever blamed Jimmy Carter.

Obama spent his first four years and a few occasions of his second to blame Bush.

That's what happens when you send a boy to do a man's job.

Reagan inherited a worse situation? Huh? Worst than two unpaid for wars and 10 trillion in debt and tens of thousands of young Americans maimed for life?

Please explain and post links: :popcorn:

boy?

I lived through the Carter years. The 18% interest I had to pay on my mortgage. The daily devaluation of my buying power, due to Carter induced inflation. The unemployment rate that matched the interest rates. The humiliation of the United States when the world watched Americans marched blind-folded by scum and held by the same for 444 days. The loss of American pride after the incompetent effort to rescue the hostages. The grudging thanks for saving six (seven??) hostages by Canadian Ambassador Ken Taylor. I stood in line for gasoline for prices twice of that before Carter was President.

Sure, there were no wars unpaid for and unfounded. But President Reagan inherited a slap on America's face by a punk in turban, which is far more expensive in international esteem than anything that President Bush left behind for President Obama.

I challenge everyone here to produce a document where President Reagan shed crocodile tears about what he inherited, like this half-breed punk has been doing for four years and still does when he is cornered by facts, like a rat that he is.

When it comes to impotence, the only difference between Carter and Obama is that Obama is (half) black and while criticizing Carter is becoming acceptable, criticizing Obama never will be anything but "RACISM".

He lies.
There I said it.

He is everything, and more, of what we said he was. We said he was inexperienced and he has shown it. We said that his economic policy would extend and weaken the recovery, we have been proven correct. But I am not sure he is lying. I think he just doesn't know how to run a country, he is proof positive of the Peter principle. Reagan did it working with Democrats, Obama lacks the know how or the brains to do so.

His "lying" is like most liberals on this board, they ain't lying they just either don't know, because they don't want to, or they have been told a lie and don't know the difference. So I don't normally throw around "lying" until the person has been shown the truth and continues.

Bullshit.

Bullshit you say, Ok I'll agree, he's a liar. Whow want an admission from you.

Dumping on American Heroes is what they do..

:doubt:

Kind of like the Left dumping on John McCain, whose wounds were actually inflicted by the Viet Cong.

Long rant but forgetting that Ronald Reagan inherited a far worse situation, but never once did he ever blamed Jimmy Carter.

Obama spent his first four years and a few occasions of his second to blame Bush.

That's what happens when you send a boy to do a man's job.

Reagan inherited a worse situation? Huh? Worst than two unpaid for wars and 10 trillion in debt and tens of thousands of young Americans maimed for life?

Please explain and post links: :popcorn:

boy?

I lived through the Carter years. The 18% interest I had to pay on my mortgage. The daily devaluation of my buying power, due to Carter induced inflation. The unemployment rate that matched the interest rates. The humiliation of the United States when the world watched Americans marched blind-folded by scum and held by the same for 444 days. The loss of American pride after the incompetent effort to rescue the hostages. The grudging thanks for saving six (seven??) hostages by Canadian Ambassador Ken Taylor. I stood in line for gasoline for prices twice of that before Carter was President.

Sure, there were no wars unpaid for and unfounded. But President Reagan inherited a slap on America's face by a punk in turban, which is far more expensive in international esteem than anything that President Bush left behind for President Obama.

I challenge everyone here to produce a document where President Reagan shed crocodile tears about what he inherited, like this half-breed punk has been doing for four years and still does when he is cornered by facts, like a rat that he is.

When it comes to impotence, the only difference between Carter and Obama is that Obama is (half) black and while criticizing Carter is becoming acceptable, criticizing Obama never will be anything but "RACISM".

Next to Clinton and Obama, Carter is the worse thing that has happened to this country.

No it hasn't.

Once a President gets elected..generally both sides fall in line...and pass legislation according the the President's policy mission statement.

It's stopped again.

Wonder what changed?

WRONG!!! It never stopped with George W. Bush.

As far as the left wing was concerned he was never more than a chimp, an incompetent failure and a failed president.

It is the Left's view right to this day, and the permanent excuse for all of Obama's failures and Obama's own incompetence.

But that is what happens when you send a boy to do a man's job.

The truth is not slander.

Last edited:
What part of "there are two parties to blame" do you not understand?
And by saying "lying Democrats" - does this mean you also agree that the President is lying?

Of course he lies! He's a politician and a human being, ain't he?

We all tell lies. All of us. Where do we get off demanding politician's quit doing what we do ourselves? Holding someone else to a standard we're not meeting ourselves is the height of hypocrisy, isn't it?

This is the kind of thing that makes me want to check myself into a freakin' mental ward.

We're so used to being lied to by our "leaders" that we brush it off without a second thought, especially when they're on "our side".

Is this okay with everyone?

And can someone tell me when we ARE supposed to believe these people? Is there some kind of hand signal or facial tick that I should be looking for?

And doesn't it seem kind of important that we could at least depend on intellectual honesty from the people who have so much effect on our lives and the overall direction of our country, regardless of whether they're on our "side" of the political spectrum?

Goddamn. It's gotta be just me.

Not really.

No dog catcher in America could have survived the lies kneepadders defended Clinton over. Yet the man who should be held to the highest standard was defended by filthy god damned scum and the result is that since 1998 no president has told the truth if a lie served their purposes more efficiently.

Look at Junebug. Pretty much every word he said from Sept 2001 to date has been a lie. Yet the nutballs here want to believe in idiot shit like WMDs, the Easter Bunny and that inheriting money is evidence of Godliness, while human potential enthusiasts believe in kneecapping competence in favor of credentials or birth status, so neither party has much going for it when the truth is known.

When the public demands lies it is hardly a surprise the quality of people drawn to government work and politics will meet the demand.

Last edited:
He lies.
There I said it.

I simply disagree with you.

President Obama was ready to sign off on a $4 trillion/10-yr deal 19 months ago. In private, Speaker Boehner said it looked good for passage especially since spending cuts outweighed revenue increases.

But then Boehner realized that his caucus would have nothing to do with revenue increases and only to do with the cuts, and so the administration and the congress passed a puny deal in the summer of '11 that was about a third of the package Obama had been offering.

Fast-forward to two months ago and a resounding second-term victory for the President. Speaker Boehner went running to him and implored him to go back and offer the same deal as 17 months prior, to which the President said yes to most of it, but wanted a little more parity between the spending cuts and the revenue increases.

And on that, Boehner and the Republicans simply will not budge.

The cuts in the sequestration matter, and the reason why it was set up was so that both sides would be forced to legislate away the things they didn't like, and there are things in there both sides don't like, but still the Republicans will not put anything on the table other than the usual cuts to Planned Parenthood and PBS, which account for about a tenth of one penny of our yearly deficits.

President Obama is legitimate. He backed a legitimate plan. He won a huge second-term victory because the majority of the public agrees with him on mostly all of the big ticket items of the day.

The public wants revenue increases to come from cutting tax loopholes that go to those of us who don't need them. So does Obama. But the Republicans won't have anything to do with it.

The public wants targeted spending cuts that help reduce the deficit without placing a burden on seniors, the working poor, and the middle class. Obama is with them on that. The Republicans won't have anything to do with it. All of the plans they have passed since Speaker Boehner has been leading in the House gives huge breaks to the well-connected and the wealthy while saddling all the sacrifice onto the middle class and working poor.

Ironically and inexplicably, Republicans are calling for the same measures that caused the European Union to go into a prolonged double-dip recession, with a couple countries going into depression.

Republicans are supposed to hate everything Europe stands for, but not this time as they mirror the austerity-only philosophy of the dumb Europeans.

President Obama is for a more balanced approach, like that of the Canadians, who look to the U.S. and then who look to Europe, and enact a plan that takes the best things from both and makes things work.

Barack Obama is a fair man and one of the only adults in a room full of fucking children in Washington today.

You know this because the Democrats told you it was true. Naive ignorance at its worst.

He lies.
There I said it.

What did he write back?

No it hasn't.

It's stopped again.

Wonder what changed?

The only thing that's changed is your perception, and that, as always is flawed.

He lies.
There I said it.

You have to remember, he's lied for a while. He lied about using only public money during the 08 campaign just to turn around, when the overwhelming fund raising favored him, and spend as much as he could.

As for blaming Congress or the other party...you could have written those words about any President in the last what, 20-30 years?

Forum List

Back