Mr. President, you sir, are a liar....and that is coming from me.

Here is a direct "lie?" from President pants on fire:

U.S. Capitol official: Obama wrong on janitors' pay cut - CBS News

During his news conference to announce that he and congressional leaders failed to avert the sequester cuts going into effect tonight, President Obama gave several examples of people who will be directly affected by the cuts. It turns out, however, that one of those examples was in error.

Obama warns of Capitol janitor pay cut

"[A]ll the folks who are cleaning the floors at the Capitol -- now that Congress has left, somebody is going to be vacuuming and cleaning those floors and throwing out the garbage -- they're going to have less pay," Mr. Obama said. "The janitors, the security guards, they just got a pay cut, and they've got to figure out how to manage that. That's real."

The president's mention prompted Carlos Elias, the superintendent of the U.S. Capitol building and the Capitol Visitors Center, to email his employees within hours of Mr. Obama's comment.

"The pay and benefits of EACH of our employees WILL NOT be impacted," Elias wrote.

Here's a lie from Vice President Cheney...

""Just before you settle down on the landing pad, you look upon Arlington National Cemetery...its gentle slopes and crosses row on row," Cheney said. "I never once made that trip without being reminded how enormously fortunate we all are to be Americans, and what a terrible price thousands have paid so that all of us...and millions more around the world...might live in freedom."

The headstones at ANC are not crosses, they are gravestones with rounded tops. There are small crosses inlaid on the top center of the stones--unintelligible from the helicopter pad.

West Wing lies are nothing new. Stowe the outrage.

""Just before you settle down on the landing pad, you look upon Arlington National Cemetery...its gentle slopes and crosses row on row," Cheney said. "I never once made that trip without being reminded how enormously fortunate we all are to be Americans, and what a terrible price thousands have paid so that all of us...and millions more around the world...might live in freedom."

The headstones at ANC are not crosses, they are gravestones with rounded tops. There are small crosses inlaid on the top center of the stones--unintelligible from the helicopter pad.

Arlington Cemetery:

466090988_476b31f97b_z.jpg

Flander's Field:

flanders_field_02.jpg

Vice President Cheney was somewhat older when he said that. The WWI images are of American heros and a lot of older Americans remember the white crosses after visiting there to see Americans who died there. That's a strong image, and an item of national mourning for decades.

Arlington stones are white and erect, and an airplane flying overhead is somewhat far away.

I am giving Vice President Cheney a get-out-of-jail-free card for his mistake. If you want an apology, you'll have to write him along with a videotape of his error. If indeed he concurs with you, you will likely get that apology. He's a man, not a monster, madam.

Last edited:

Arlington Cemetery:

Flander's Field:

flanders_field_02.jpg

Vice President Cheney was somewhat older when he said that. The WWI images are of American heros and a lot of older Americans remember the white crosses after visiting there to see Americans who died there. That's a strong image, and an item of national mourning for decades.

Arlington stones are white and erect, and an airplane flying overhead is somewhat far away.

I am giving Vice President Cheney a get-out-of-jail-free card for his mistake. If you want an apology, you'll have to write him along with a videotape of his error. If indeed he concurs with you, you will likely get that apology. He's a man, not a monster, madam.

He lied; not a big deal. He never saw the crosses from landing on the Helio pad for darn sure. He's had speechwriters since he's been 30 or 40 and they goofed on this one. He can have all of the "get out of jail free cards" he wants from me.

Technical correction: There is one cross at Arlington. Bobby Kennedy's and it's made of wood.

Long rant but forgetting that Ronald Reagan inherited a far worse situation, but never once did he ever blamed Jimmy Carter.

Obama spent his first four years and a few occasions of his second to blame Bush.

That's what happens when you send a boy to do a man's job.

Reagan inherited a worse situation? Huh? Worst than two unpaid for wars and 10 trillion in debt and tens of thousands of young Americans maimed for life?

Please explain and post links: :popcorn:

boy?

I lived through the Carter years. The 18% interest I had to pay on my mortgage. The daily devaluation of my buying power, due to Carter induced inflation. The unemployment rate that matched the interest rates. The humiliation of the United States when the world watched Americans marched blind-folded by scum and held by the same for 444 days. The loss of American pride after the incompetent effort to rescue the hostages. The grudging thanks for saving six (seven??) hostages by Canadian Ambassador Ken Taylor. I stood in line for gasoline for prices twice of that before Carter was President.

Sure, there were no wars unpaid for and unfounded. But President Reagan inherited a slap on America's face by a punk in turban, which is far more expensive in international esteem than anything that President Bush left behind for President Obama.

I challenge everyone here to produce a document where President Reagan shed crocodile tears about what he inherited, like this half-breed punk has been doing for four years and still does when he is cornered by facts, like a rat that he is.

When it comes to impotence, the only difference between Carter and Obama is that Obama is (half) black and while criticizing Carter is becoming acceptable, criticizing Obama never will be anything but "RACISM".

You are such a racist fuck. Swine.

Dumping on American Heroes is what they do..

:doubt:

Kind of like the Left dumping on John McCain, whose wounds were actually inflicted by the Viet Cong.

good one, slap them in their hypocrite face..Just like Palin who had a son SERVING in Iraq while she was running..

Yea, and she didn't know where Iraq was or why we are there. I don't know why we are there.

That has nothing to do with her son. Why you even brought that up is a mystery.

During his news conference to announce that he and congressional leaders failed to avert the sequester cuts going into effect tonight, President Obama gave several examples of people who will be directly affected by the cuts. It turns out, however, that one of those examples was in error.

Obama warns of Capitol janitor pay cut

"[A]ll the folks who are cleaning the floors at the Capitol -- now that Congress has left, somebody is going to be vacuuming and cleaning those floors and throwing out the garbage -- they're going to have less pay," Mr. Obama said. "The janitors, the security guards, they just got a pay cut, and they've got to figure out how to manage that. That's real."

The president's mention prompted Carlos Elias, the superintendent of the U.S. Capitol building and the Capitol Visitors Center, to email his employees within hours of Mr. Obama's comment.

"The pay and benefits of EACH of our employees WILL NOT be impacted," Elias wrote.

One example was in error. One? Oh yea, what a terrible liar.

There is a difference between a mistake on "janitor's salaries" and a war costing trillions of dollars and the deaths and maiming of tens of thousands of young Americans. A war that took months of setup to convince the American people to support.

The fact the right wing can't understand the difference is pitiful. Just pitiful.

Last edited by a moderator:
for anyone who sees my post - i do not normally go to name calling and/or extreme claims.
But after watching the press conference by the president today enough is enough.
He lies.
There i said it.
He is lying. There is no other argument. his continual method of avoiding blame by constantly putting all of the blame on the republicans is beyond disingenuous, it is flat out lying to the american people.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejph4lbdmmc]wmd lies - bush cheney rumsfeld etc. - the ultimate clip - youtube[/ame]

:eusa_whistle:
idiot!!!!

Technical correction: There is one cross at Arlington. Bobby Kennedy's and it's made of wood.

Duly noted.

Arlington Cemetery:

Flander's Field:

flanders_field_02.jpg

He lied; not a big deal. He never saw the crosses from landing on the Helio pad for darn sure. He's had speechwriters since he's been 30 or 40 and they goofed on this one. He can have all of the "get out of jail free cards" he wants from me.
Speechwriters in Wyoming all worked for the Liberal Casper Star Tribune. As our state's Congressman at large, his reputation was his open door in Washington to all Wyoming voters. He served his fellow Wyomingites well in that capacity. He and Lynne were our fair-haired children back when, and we weren't surprised when he was asked to be a President's press secretary and kept moving up. His calling card was "service to country." It still is.

for anyone who sees my post - i do not normally go to name calling and/or extreme claims.
But after watching the press conference by the president today enough is enough.
He lies.
There i said it.
He is lying. There is no other argument. his continual method of avoiding blame by constantly putting all of the blame on the republicans is beyond disingenuous, it is flat out lying to the american people.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejph4lbdmmc]wmd lies - bush cheney rumsfeld etc. - the ultimate clip - youtube[/ame]

:eusa_whistle:
idiot!!!!

here is it:

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone who sees my post - I do not normally go to name calling and/or extreme claims.
But after watching the press conference by the President today enough is enough.
He lies.
There I said it.
He is lying. There is no other argument. His continual method of avoiding blame by constantly putting ALL of the blame on the Republicans is beyond disingenuous, it is flat out lying to the American people.
There are two parties in Washington who are responsible for the sequester and two branches of government. Not half of one branch sir.
You chose to runaround and campaign instead of work with others. You chose to have a useless meeting on the last possible minute of the last day to actually work.
Then you have the nerve to place all of the blame on the opposing party.
This President is a prime example of what is wrong in Washington, and why nothing gets done.

Any Republicans who works with Obama - even if it means supporting legislation originally advanced by the GOP but now supported by Obama - will be primaried and removed.

Obama met O'Connell 1/2 way on the first tax deal, not getting close to the 250K line he asked for.

Now he is again asking to meet 1/2 way, with a mix of cuts and revenue.

The Republicans are not budging. Any Republican who compromises with Obama will have a brinks truck dropped on their head during the next election cycle.

Reagan raised taxes several times after his original tax cut (which he admitted was an overshoot requiring some corrections). When he realized that there was not enough revenue, he and tip O'Neil sat down more than once and raised taxes to keep the government running. Reagan also kept the states in business during the 81 recession, whereas Obama has been forced to cut them off. The result is massive layoffs to cops, firefighters, teachers, etc., which has hurt consumer demand and the employment numbers. The result of the Reagan tax hikes speak for themselves. Reagan and later Newt were deal makers. The current obstructionist, filibustering GOP does not make deals. The only reason they gave a tiny inch on top-bracket tax rates was because they had to preserve over 90% of the Bush Tax cuts. It wasn't about compromise; it was about saving their signature tax policy of the last 20 years.

Today, when they are asked to make a genuine compromise and meet Obama half way; they are unwilling. They don't want to lose their jobs. The GOP has been captured by a very powerful machine which removes any politician who does not play ball. There shall be no compromise.

Last edited:

The fact the right wing can't understand the difference is pitiful. Just pitiful.

Obama said this "That's real." In other words he is not making a statement of his opinion which could be wrong he is making a statement of fact, HIS FACTS.

I don't care if Bush and Chaney lied about anything that is gone years ago and done, many said exactly what they said. But this thing about janitors is a clear and without doubt an EXAMPLE of President pants on fire doing what he does best, lying and you and your ilk making the lamest of excuses.

This is just an example of what we have been telling you for four years, you can't trust anything he says. Either that or there are those who write his speeches that love to make him out to be a fool. You do realize he is speaking from prepared notes? Even IF he were not where did the President of the US get the idea that they were going to get a cut in pay? Did he or someone else make it up out of sail cloth? Certainly must have there is no other answer. Well maybe one, he doesn't know what he is doing or talking about.

Democrat quotes on WMD.

snopes.com: Weapons of Mass Destruction Quotes

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line." --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." --President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face." --Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983." --Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." Letter to President Clinton, signed by: -- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." -Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies." -- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies." Letter to President Bush, Signed by: -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them." -- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country." -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power." -- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..." -- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do" -- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons." -- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction." -- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..." -- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

Last edited:
No Dem saying anything about "mushroom clouds" I see. Reagan helped his pal Saddam with chemical and biological weapons so OF COURSE...

Jeez, did your headline read......both parties lie. NO. it didn't now did it. So you are a fraud .

Are you equally outraged about what emptystep reports in this thread?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...-republicans-cover-ass-at-expense-of-dod.html

Or, is it only lying Democrats who bother you?

What part of "there are two parties to blame" do you not understand?
And by saying "lying Democrats" - does this mean you also agree that the President is lying?

Forum List

Back