Murder Up 20% in NYC in 2015

It's like saying that whites support Obama more than blacks because more whites voted for him.

This is silly, much like your Alternet link. Blacks are far more dangerous, especially to each other. About 13% of the population are responsible for about half of the violent crime. That much is undeniable.

38% moron. Whites commit 58%
Look at your own link dumbass.

Somehow black crime is worse for America then white crime. Go figure.
OK, so blacks rape at about 3 times their proportion of the population. Do you think that argument helps perceptions of blacks?!

Lay off Alternet, do hard drugs instead. Better for you.

Bullshit. Show me the "already low white murder rate". The murder rate for blacks and whites is nearly the same. Only a point or two difference.

All that data shows is that whites and blacks commit roughly the same number of homicides. Per capita, blacks commit homicide at a much higher rate than whites.

Yes but 5000 killed by blacks and 5000 killed by whites is an equal problem with murder for society.
Look at all of the other crimes on the link.
Whites commit twice as many rapes as blacks. We don't label whites as rapists.

Good read for those who care
White People Commit the Most Heinous Crimes So Why Is America Terrified of Black Men Alternet

Whites have a rape problem

Bullshit. Show me the "already low white murder rate". The murder rate for blacks and whites is nearly the same. Only a point or two difference.

All that data shows is that whites and blacks commit roughly the same number of homicides. Per capita, blacks commit homicide at a much higher rate than whites.

Yes but 5000 killed by blacks and 5000 killed by whites is an equal problem with murder for society.

White People Commit the Most Heinous Crimes So Why Is America Terrified of Black Men Alternet
Again, your numbers mean nothing. You have to look at these things per capita.

Why? It only allows you to say that blacks commit crimes in larger numbers than whites. It doesn't say the truth which is that whites commit more crimes.

None of you will address that outside of the per capita angle.
Talk about the rape epidemic among whites.
Because per capita gives you a better understanding of what is happening than raw numbers do. You sound like the idiots on the right that were calling Chicago the murder capital of the US a few years back when Chicago had the most murders in the country. It was way down the list per capita.

It's like saying that whites support Obama more than blacks because more whites voted for him.

This is silly, much like your Alternet link. Blacks are far more dangerous, especially to each other. About 13% of the population are responsible for about half of the violent crime. That much is undeniable.

OK, so blacks rape at about 3 times their proportion of the population. Do you think that argument helps perceptions of blacks?!

Of course it doesn't help the perception of blacks. But that's your whole point isn't it.

Whatever way you want to spin black rape numbers let's remember that whites contribute 2/3 more rape victims in America than do blacks. Does this change the perception of whites? Should it?

You should really look at your own link.
FBI Table 43

Of course it doesn't help the perception of blacks. But that's your whole point isn't it.

Whatever way you want to spin black rape numbers let's remember that whites contribute 2/3 more rape victims in America than do blacks. Does this change the perception of whites? Should it?

You should really look at your own link.
FBI Table 43
Your grasp of statistics is poor at best. You're making me side with the right-wing posters here which I don't like doing.

"Contribute" rape victims? Being stupid is one thing, but wtf is wrong with you beyond mere stupidity?

Half of murders, and a third of rapes by 13% of the population. And yet you seem to be proud of the latter. Is it because it is less than the share of murders?

Why? It only allows you to say that blacks commit crimes in larger numbers than whites. It doesn't say the truth which is that whites commit more crimes.

Because per capita gives you a better understanding of what is happening than raw numbers do. You sound like the idiots on the right that were calling Chicago the murder capital of the US a few years back when Chicago had the most murders in the country. It was way down the list per capita.

Hmm.... So blacks committing 1/3 of rapes is worse for America and a more pressing problem than whites committing
2/3?

"Contribute" rape victims? Being stupid is one thing, but wtf is wrong with you beyond mere stupidity?

Half of murders, and a third of rapes by 13% of the population. And yet you seem to be proud of the latter. Is it because it is less than the share of murders?

I'm not attempting to grasp statistics or argue per capita crime. I'm addressing the idea you all put out that black crime is an urgent problem when they commit fewer crimes overall. Seems to me the urgent problem is those committing the most crimes.

Hmm.... So blacks committing 1/3 of rapes is worse for America and a more pressing problem than whites committing
2/3?
I don't know if either is a huge problem in itself but when taking into account the group that committing 1/3 of rapes is around 13% of the population and the group committing 2/3 is around 80% of the population, one can conclude that a black man is more likely to be a rapist than a white man within their respective demographic.

Put it thus way.
Say I'm a store owner and I employ five black kids and one white kid.

I know someone is stealing. I find out that each of the black kids stole a dollar while the white kid stole a ten. What's the larger problem for my business? Should I fire all the black kids simply because there is more of them that stole?

2/3?
I don't know if either is a huge problem in itself but when taking into account the group that committing 1/3 of rapes is around 13% of the population and the group committing 2/3 is around 80% of the population, one can conclude that a black man is more likely to be a rapist than a white man within their respective demographic.

That's it right there." Within their respective demographic" but not overall . Overall America has a much larger rape problem with white perps. If I'm an officer investigating a rape it's twice as likely the perp was white.

2/3?
Crime is a problem for everyone, regardless of race. If one 50 murders were committed in a community of 1 million whites it's a problem. If 200 murders are committed in another black community with the same population, I think we can assume that the latter community has a much bigger problem.

This is getting silly.

Put it thus way.

I know someone is stealing. I find out that each of the black kids stole a dollar while the white kid stole a ten. What's the larger problem for my business? Should I fire all the black kids simply because there is more of them that stole?
Here is a better example.

There is a black neighborhood with 5000 residents with 10 murders per year. Next door is a white neighborhood with 10000 residents with 11 murders per year. Which neighborhood is one more likely to be killed in?

Hutch and Delta refuse to think about the importance of comparing Murder RATES, and like to compare absolute numbers so they can deny there is a big problem with black crime.

They are very serious about this, and will refuse to hear your words when it comes to the math of rates per percentage of population.

It's important that you are clear on the difference between murder and crime rates. The murder rate is the same. Crime rates are higher for whites.

Moron. If backs and whites commit an equal amount of murders a year then why is black murder a bigger issue just because a higher number of blacks commit the murders?
It is an equal problem for society.

Now speak to all of the other crimes on the link.

If you have the same size problem in a smaller community, that problem is a bigger problem for that community.

And the much higher rates of black crime do spill out onto the rest of us also, of course.

Other crimes? Same thing. YOu keep wanting to "forget about population size".

But you can't and still be talking about anything connected to the real world.

Crime rates vary by location, sure. It doesn't change the over all rates of crime.
Whites commit rape more than twice as often as blacks and most other crimes at a higher rate and you want to talk about " black crime" and population size.
White crime is obviously a larger problem in America.

Why do you think blacks commit crime at such a higher proportional rate than whites?

A variety of reasons. Why do you think America has a problem with black crime when whites commit more crimes overall?

Because black crime is what really pushes the US out front of the pack of the rest of the FIrst World Nations when it comes to crime.

Put it thus way.

There is a black neighborhood with 5000 residents with 10 murders per year. Next door is a white neighborhood with 10000 residents with 11 murders per year. Which neighborhood is one more likely to be killed in?

He won't answer.

2/3?

That's it right there." Within their respective demographic" but not overall . Overall America has a much larger rape problem with white perps. If I'm an officer investigating a rape it's twice as likely the perp was white.
And if you are a black man it is three times as likely that you are a rapist than a white man is.

Put it thus way.

All that analogy did was show that you refuse to admit the truth of the numbers.

A better one would be if there were 5 white kids and one black kid, and you found that one white kid and the black kid were both stealing equal amounts and 4 white kids were completely innocent.

Put it thus way.

At the end of the day it really doesn't matter who killed who and where if the numbers on both sides are about the same. It's an equal problem.

Put it thus way.

At the end of the day it really doesn't matter who killed who and where if the numbers on both sides are about the same. It's an equal problem.

I told you he wouldn't answer.

2/3?

And if you are a black man it is three times as likely that you are a rapist than a white man is.
The overall problem with rape in America is white perps. All is you are saying is there are more black rapists per capita without saying there are more white rapists. You are creating a perception that doesn't fit with reality. 2/3 of women raped in America were raped by whites. Obviously that is a bigger problem than the idea that blacks are more likely to be rapists.

Forum List

Back