Murder Up 20% in NYC in 2015

Put it thus way.
Say I'm a store owner and I employ five black kids and one white kid.

I know someone is stealing. I find out that each of the black kids stole a dollar while the white kid stole a ten. What's the larger problem for my business? Should I fire all the black kids simply because there is more of them that stole?
Here is a better example.

There is a black neighborhood with 5000 residents with 10 murders per year. Next door is a white neighborhood with 10000 residents with 11 murders per year. Which neighborhood is one more likely to be killed in?

At the end of the day it really doesn't matter who killed who and where if the numbers on both sides are about the same. It's an equal problem.
But it isn't, really. The white murder rate in the US puts us right at the murder rate of our Western/Northern European and Canadian counterparts.

Because per capita gives you a better understanding of what is happening than raw numbers do. You sound like the idiots on the right that were calling Chicago the murder capital of the US a few years back when Chicago had the most murders in the country. It was way down the list per capita.

Hmm.... So blacks committing 1/3 of rapes is worse for America and a more pressing problem than whites committing
2/3?
I don't know if either is a huge problem in itself but when taking into account the group that committing 1/3 of rapes is around 13% of the population and the group committing 2/3 is around 80% of the population, one can conclude that a black man is more likely to be a rapist than a white man within their respective demographic.

That's it right there." Within their respective demographic" but not overall . Overall America has a much larger rape problem with white perps. If I'm an officer investigating a rape it's twice as likely the perp was white.
And if you are a black man it is three times as likely that you are a rapist than a white man is.
The overall problem with rape in America is white perps. All is you are saying is there are more black rapists per capita without saying there are more white rapists. You are creating a perception that doesn't fit with reality. 2/3 of women raped in America were raped by whites. Obviously that is a bigger problem than the idea that blacks are more likely to be rapists.
No, I'm quoting statistics. Black men rape at higher rates than they make up the population of the US. White men rape at a lower rate than they make up the population of the US.

Put it thus way.

I know someone is stealing. I find out that each of the black kids stole a dollar while the white kid stole a ten. What's the larger problem for my business? Should I fire all the black kids simply because there is more of them that stole?

There is a black neighborhood with 5000 residents with 10 murders per year. Next door is a white neighborhood with 10000 residents with 11 murders per year. Which neighborhood is one more likely to be killed in?

At the end of the day it really doesn't matter who killed who and where if the numbers on both sides are about the same. It's an equal problem.

I told you he wouldn't answer.

I did answer. You just don't like it. Blacks kill blacks and whites kill whites. I'm more likely to be killed by a white. Ascribing a higher urgency to black murder only lowers the black murder rate not all murders. You're only addressing half of the problem.

Because per capita gives you a better understanding of what is happening than raw numbers do. You sound like the idiots on the right that were calling Chicago the murder capital of the US a few years back when Chicago had the most murders in the country. It was way down the list per capita.

Hmm.... So blacks committing 1/3 of rapes is worse for America and a more pressing problem than whites committing
2/3?
I don't know if either is a huge problem in itself but when taking into account the group that committing 1/3 of rapes is around 13% of the population and the group committing 2/3 is around 80% of the population, one can conclude that a black man is more likely to be a rapist than a white man within their respective demographic.

That's it right there." Within their respective demographic" but not overall . Overall America has a much larger rape problem with white perps. If I'm an officer investigating a rape it's twice as likely the perp was white.
And if you are a black man it is three times as likely that you are a rapist than a white man is.
The overall problem with rape in America is white perps. All is you are saying is there are more black rapists per capita without saying there are more white rapists. You are creating a perception that doesn't fit with reality. 2/3 of women raped in America were raped by whites. Obviously that is a bigger problem than the idea that blacks are more likely to be rapists.

How would you address the problem of white crime?

Put it thus way.

I did answer. You just don't like it. Blacks kill blacks and whites kill whites. I'm more likely to be killed by a white. Ascribing a higher urgency to black murder only lowers the black murder rate not all murders. You're only addressing half of the problem.

You didn't answer the question. WHy not?

You could have answered his question and then went on to make your point.

YOu are hiding from the truth.

It's important that you are clear on the difference between murder and crime rates. The murder rate is the same. Crime rates are higher for whites.

Moron. If backs and whites commit an equal amount of murders a year then why is black murder a bigger issue just because a higher number of blacks commit the murders?
It is an equal problem for society.

Now speak to all of the other crimes on the link.

If you have the same size problem in a smaller community, that problem is a bigger problem for that community.

And the much higher rates of black crime do spill out onto the rest of us also, of course.

Other crimes? Same thing. YOu keep wanting to "forget about population size".

But you can't and still be talking about anything connected to the real world.

Crime rates vary by location, sure. It doesn't change the over all rates of crime.
Whites commit rape more than twice as often as blacks and most other crimes at a higher rate and you want to talk about " black crime" and population size.
White crime is obviously a larger problem in America.

Why do you think blacks commit crime at such a higher proportional rate than whites?

A variety of reasons. Why do you think America has a problem with black crime when whites commit more crimes overall?

Because black crime is what really pushes the US out front of the pack of the rest of the FIrst World Nations when it comes to crime.

Really? Only blacks commit crimes? How did you decide that?

Put it thus way.

But I'm not. How can I be more likely to be killed when murder totals are nearly the same? Who is an American woman more likely to be raped by? White or black?

2/3?

No, I'm quoting statistics. Black men rape at higher rates than they make up the population of the US. White men rape at a lower rate than they make up the population of the US.

See what you did there. By framing it this way you suggest that blacks rape more and whites less while reality is just the opposite.

But I'm not. How can I be more likely to be killed when murder totals are nearly the same? Who is an American woman more likely to be raped by? White or black?
A black is more 4 times more likely to murder and 3 times more likely to rape than a white. It really is that simple.

2/3?

The same way we police blacks at higher levels. More stops more searches etc.

See what you did there. By framing it this way you suggest that blacks rape more and whites less while reality is just the opposite.
You should just stop, your knowledge of statistics is poor at best.

A black is about 6x more likely to murder and 4x more likely to rape than a white. It really is that simple.

A black is more 4 times more likely to murder and 3 times more likely to rape than a white. It really is that simple.

That's not all there is. The higher likelihood of being a rapist doesn't address the fact that whites rape more. Blacks may be more likely to be a rapist but American women are twice as likely to be raped by a white guy.

That's not all there is. The higher likelihood of being a rapist doesn't address the fact that whites rape more. Blacks may be more likely to be a rapist but American women are twice as likely to be raped by a white guy.
Blacks are far more likely to murder and rape than whites.

I don't know if you're being deliberately obtuse or just stupid.

Last edited:

As you walk down the street of the white community, the few murderers, are committing their murders in a neighborhood with 10,000 people. If one murder is being committed that night, you have a 1 in 10,000 chance of being the murder victim.

If you are walking down the street in the black community, and if one murder is being committed that night, you have a 1 in 5000 chance of being the murder victim.

If you have the same size problem in a smaller community, that problem is a bigger problem for that community.

And the much higher rates of black crime do spill out onto the rest of us also, of course.

Other crimes? Same thing. YOu keep wanting to "forget about population size".

But you can't and still be talking about anything connected to the real world.

Crime rates vary by location, sure. It doesn't change the over all rates of crime.
Whites commit rape more than twice as often as blacks and most other crimes at a higher rate and you want to talk about " black crime" and population size.

Why do you think blacks commit crime at such a higher proportional rate than whites?

A variety of reasons. Why do you think America has a problem with black crime when whites commit more crimes overall?

Because black crime is what really pushes the US out front of the pack of the rest of the FIrst World Nations when it comes to crime.

I did not say that. But the higher rate they commit at, is what drives US to the front for violent crime.

So you would pull limited police resources away from high crime areas to focus more attention on low crime areas?

Blacks are far more likely to murder and rape than whites.

I don't know if you're being deliberately obtuse or just stupid.

He is in a state of psychological denial.

Most libs are. Most are better at hiding it.

This lib has made the mistake of engaging is substantial debate. Most would have started calling us racist by now, and done what they could to have shut down or deflect the debate.

At some level they realize that they cannot honestly defend their positions.

This lib does not.

I did not say that. But the higher rate they commit at, is what drives US to the front for violent crime.

Blacks are only part of the overall American crime statistic. How do you decide to separate them as the culprit that is dragging America down?

So you would pull limited police resources away from high crime areas to focus more attention on low crime areas?

I didn't say that. Go after the crime where it is, just in a more balanced way.Look at the Ferguson report. Blacks were searched when stopped by police 98% of the time and whites were searched 17% of the time even though whites were 30 times more likely to have contraband. We need to police more smartly and not just on assumptions of who and where the crime is .

Last edited:

Forum List

Back