Music that is palatable to most people.

What music do most people like? Great OP!! As a lifetime musician and songwriter and currently in 2 bands, all I can say is that good music has an emotional charge that may appeal to one or more Human emotions or senses. Really popular music appeals to multiple senses. The raw human emotion infused into a 'song' or 'rap' or whatever is what will carry it from person to person and become what we call 'popular.' That being said, the MOST important reason a song becomes 'palatable' is the production and promotion of it. You can write the best song in your basement but unless you project it in public and put yourself out there, you'll never know if you wrote gold or shit.

Along with Eddie Van Halen (rip) I would say Carlos Santana has the most distinct sound in the world on guitar. There are a few others.... Randy Rhoads comes to mind. Zappa.

Around the world he's probably the most famous guitar player ever next to Jimi Hendrix.

Along with Eddie Van Halen (rip) I would say Carlos Santana has the most distinct sound in the world on guitar. There are a few others.... Randy Rhoads comes to mind. Zappa.

Around the world he's probably the most famous guitar player ever next to Jimi Hendrix.

I think Clapton is more well known than Carlos, to be honest. His body of work is far greater, and more varied.

Great thread! I looked around for the best fit for the following: Adele rock cover by No Resolve. I think the non-rock crowd can appreciate the provocative vocals as well as Adele fans for the remake . As a rock fan, I love this version.

Last edited:
Thank you.
I have a long list of favorite female singers ....

She’s been a long time fav of mine as well. Darkwind already gave a shout out to Evanescence- talk about powerful vocals! I have a clip of her live and if I was smart enough to figure out how to shorten the clip without messing it up I can try to post it. Here’s only a short bit, had to cut it down to 6 seconds to take here, apologies for the poor footage and sound was much better live!

Attachments

• IMG_4078.MOV
    11.7 MB
Last edited:
Despacito,” released via Universal Music Latino in January 2017 world wide hit. “Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee graced the world with “Despacito” in January of 2017. Since then, it has become a globally loved feel-good and go-to party song. Today, it hit a whopping number of YouTube views: 7 billion, the most views for any YouTube video.”

Two versions here, with and without the Beebs for fan preference. I like both:)

Last edited:
3 Doors Down ft. Bob Seger, Landing in London, combines several genres by use of string section, emotionally pulling vocals that traverses across old rock, pop country, alternative rock, and is a solid tune.

I was sad to learn I couldn’t find a live performance with Seger on stage with 3 Doors Down, and I searched over an hour. Seger’s voice strong and known for his rugged gruffness, and when his voice first belts out “and New York’s gettin kind of cold” goosebumps every time. Brad Arnold lead vocals- another exceptional vocalist and showcases his talent well in many acoustical performances.

With Seger’s voice:

Forum List

Back