Music Trivia

Intro to a hit song from the nineties:

"Oh, my God, Becky - look at her _________".

Complete the line , and name the song.

musicman said:
Intro to a hit song from the nineties:

"Oh, my God, Becky - look at her _________".

Complete the line , and name the song.

Her Butt? Song = God Loves Ugly?

Said1 said:
Her Butt? Song = God Loves Ugly?

You're on the right crack...er, track. It is, indeed, her butt. Wrong song, though.

Artist was Sir Mix-a Lot.

musicman said:
You're on the right crack...er, track. It is, indeed, her butt. Wrong song, though.

Artist was Sir Mix-a Lot.

I don't know the title of the song. Is it the same one that goes "I like big butts and I can not lie"? My daughter loves that song, especially when Donkey sings it. :laugh:

Said1 said:
I don't know the title of the song. Is it the same one that goes "I like big butts and I can not lie"? My daughter loves that song, especially when Donkey sings it. :laugh:

Joz and I have been sitting here laughing at the workings of my completely demented mind. Picture Woody Allen doing the line:

"Cause I'm long - and I'm strong

And I'm bound to get the friction on"...

...in that skinny, New York-accented voice of his.:wtf:

It's SCARY inside my head!!!

You've got the right song; it's called "Baby's Got Back".

musicman said:
Joz and I have been sitting here laughing at the workings of my completely demented mind. Picture Woody Allen doing the line:

"Cause I'm long - and I'm strong

And I'm bound to get the friction on"...

...in that skinny, New York-accented voice of his.:wtf:

It's SCARY inside my head!!!

You've got the right song; it's called "Baby's Got Back".

Woody Allen? Ew. How about "I don't like women anywhere near my own age and prefer to adopt them then marry them when they're no longer minors so I won't go to jail and be branded a pedophile, thus ruining my already dead career and I can't not lie".

Booooooooo. That's even worse.

Said1 said:
Woody Allen? Ew. How about "I don't like women anywhere near my own age and prefer to adopt them then marry them when they're no longer minors so I won't go to jail and be branded a pedophile, thus ruining my already dead career and I can't not lie".

lol...they didn't even live in the same apartment. He lived by himself across the other side of Central Park. The chick was Andre Previn's adopted kid. :p:

Next Question, since musicman didn't ask one....

What name is Declan McManus known by?

Said1 said:

or I will keep my leading ladies in my film who play my love interest in my movies between the ages of 20-25 even though I get older each year, and when I get called on it will go apeshit and say that critics know nothing about movies as an art form.

My wife loves his movies adn I like some of them, but he's a dirty little prick.

Jillian

Elvis Costello

A question: this is going back a bit. One of Linda Ronstadt's biggest hits was Different Drum. It was co-written by a guy who was in a very famous band, but he left said band when he demanded more say.
1) Who was the band
2) Who was the guy

extra bonus question

3) His mother also invented something that revolutionised typing!

Dr Grump said:
or I will keep my leading ladies in my film who play my love interest in my movies between the ages of 20-25 even though I get older each year, and when I get called on it will go apeshit and say that critics know nothing about movies as an art form.

My wife loves his movies adn I like some of them, but he's a dirty little prick.

Jillian

Elvis Costello

A question: this is going back a bit. One of Linda Ronstadt's biggest hits was Different Drum. It was co-written by a guy who was in a very famous band, but he left said band when he demanded more say.
1) Who was the band
2) Who was the guy

extra bonus question

3) His mother also invented something that revolutionised typing!

Oh my! lol....number three gave it away for me!

The band was The Monkees; the guy was Mike Nesmith and his mother invented white out/liquid paper. :happy2:

Oh...and don't hold back. Say what you really think re Woody Allen. :halo:

*Edit* Oh...my question. Almost forgot. To go with Said1's earlier mention of Kris Kristofferson:

1. Kris Kristofferson spent some time in College as part of a particuar educational program. What was the program?

2 He also wrote a song which became a posthumous hit for it's artist. What song? Who was the artist?

jillian said:
Oh my! lol....number three gave it away for me!

The band was The Monkees; the guy was Mike Nesmith and his mother invented white out/liquid paper. :happy2:

Oh...and don't hold back. Say what you really think re Woody Allen. :halo:

*Edit* Oh...my question. Almost forgot. To go with Said1's earlier mention of Kris Kristofferson:

1. Kris Kristofferson spent some time in College as part of a particuar educational program. What was it?

2 He also co-wrote a song which became a posthumous hit for it's artist. What song? Who was the artist?

2. Me and Bobby McGee for Janis Joplin..dunno about number 1

Dr Grump said:
2. Me and Bobby McGee for Janis Joplin..dunno about number 1

He was a Rhodes Scholar. Ask the next question, please.

Dr Grump said:
An easy one. Name the original members of Black Sabbath...

The only members I can think of are Toni Iomi (Sp??) and Ozzy. I don't know if they're original members or not either. Ronny James Dio???

If anyone can answer this, I would greatly appreciated it.

I'm looking for either the title or artist who sang a song that went like this "lets make a fair trade, your heart for mine........I'll be your slave until the end of time..." That's all I know. It's an old country song.

Said1 said:
If anyone can answer this, I would greatly appreciated it.

I'm looking for either the title or artist who sang a song that went like this "lets make a fair trade, your heart for mine........I'll be your slave until the end of time..." That's all I know. It's an old country song.

Hmmmm....googled it. Got nothing. You sure those are the lyrics?

You should email the country music hall of fame. bet someone there could tell you.

In the meantime, while we're looking, why don't you give us a trivia question?

Musicman probably knows this one.

Where are the streets Portage and Main located?

Part of the chorus in the song Prarie Town goes "Portage and Main 15 below. Spring time melts the snow, rivers overflow". Neil Young and Randy Bachman.

Said1 said:
Musicman probably knows this one.

Where are the streets Portage and Main located?

Part of the chorus in the song Prarie Town goes "Portage and Main 15 below. Spring time melts the snow, rivers overflow". Neil Young and Randy Bachman.

Not familiar with the specific song, but I'll take a guess - based on some of Young's other, autobiographical, material: Winnipeg?

Forum List

Back