Muslims in America Condemn Extremists and Fear Anew for Their Lives

We are Americans.

We should not tolerate this or excuse it in our country or in our politicians and elected officials.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/05/u...-anew-for-their-lives.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0
In a news conference Friday, lawyers for Mr. Farook’s family cautioned the public against jumping to conclusions about the attackers’ motivations. One lawyer, David Chesley, said the F.B.I.’s claim that Mr. Farook’s wife, Tashfeen Malik, had pledged allegiance to the Islamic State on Facebook was “nebulous” evidence.

“Until there is absolute, clear evidence, every headline doesn’t have to say ‘Muslim massacre’ or ‘Muslim shooters,’ because it’s going to cause intolerance,” Mr. Chesley said.

However, Muslim Americans are now confronting the fact that to many Americans, Mr. Farook and other terrorists do represent Islam — especially since polls show that most Americans know no Muslims and little about Islam.

“My identity and everything that I am becomes erased every time one of these incidents occurs,” said Nabihah Maqbool, 27, a law student at the University of Chicago. “It all becomes collapsed into these senseless acts of violence being committed by people who are part of my group.”

Like many other Muslim American women, Ms. Maqbool said that she had considered taking off her hijab, or head scarf, out of fear of being victimized. She said that driving back to Chicago after celebrating Thanksgiving with her family, she had decided not to stop and pray on the grassy lawn outside an interstate rest stop, as she usually does.

“I just got so nervous that something could happen to me by any unhinged individual who saw me as someone who deserved violence,” Ms. Maqbool said.

The F.B.I. said it did not yet have data for hate crimes in 2015, and would not comment on whether there had recently been a rise in attacks on Muslims and their houses of worship. A chart provided by Stephen G. Fischer Jr., chief of multimedia productions for the F.B.I.’s criminal justice information service, showed that bias-related hate crimes against Muslims were at a peak in 2001, with 481 reported. In 2014, 154 such crimes were reported.

But in recent weeks, American Muslims have reported a spate of violence and intimidation against them: women wearing head scarves accosted; Muslim children bullied; bullets shot at a mosque in Meriden, Conn.; feces thrown at a mosque in Pflugerville, Tex.

Omair Siddiqi said he had been about to get into his car in the parking lot of a shopping mall in the Dallas suburbs last month when a man came up to him, flashed a gun and said, “If I wanted to, I could kill you right now.”

Mr. Siddiqi said he stayed quiet and the man walked away. Mr. Siddiqi called 911 and is now in the process of getting a concealed-handgun permit. “It’s very scary in times like this,” he said.

In a Dallas suburb, about a dozen protesters congregated outside the Islamic Center of Irving last month, some covering their faces with bandannas and carrying hunting rifles, tactical shotguns and AR-15s. The group that organized the protest posted on Facebook a list of the names and addresses of dozens of Muslims and what they called “Muslim sympathizers.

Khalid Y. Hamideh, a spokesman for the Islamic Association of North Texas and a Dallas lawyer, called the mosque protest “un-American.”

“It would be unfathomable for that to occur outside a church or synagogue,” he said. “At the same time, we’re realists. We understand what’s going on around the country. We thank God for our friends in law enforcement and our interfaith partners.”

If we were in their countries, hundreds, maybe thousands of them would have been killed by now, or burned to death the way they have to Christians in their own countries. The reason they're afraid is because they know how we would be treated in their home countries.

They have reason to be afraid. I think it's healthy.

With a few exceptions, I doubt they have anything to fear......at this time.

If Obama continues down the path he's on....that may change.

We aren't in "their" countries. THEY aren't in your so-called "their" countries. Why? Because the THEY were are talking about are American citizens! They don't belong in the Middle East. They belong here. Is Europe "your" country?

You go ahead and grieve for the inconveniences suffered by this Mrs. Nagbool....who is now afraid to get out of her car in Chicago* and pray toward Mecca...like she usually does.

Us Sane Americans will grieve for the dead left behind by Mr. & Mrs. Farook...the murderous Muslims in California..

No more Muslims in America for now....Suspend all immigration...we have quite enough for now, thank you.

*(By the way, I would be afraid to get out of my car at all in most of Chicago.)

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/c...alls-attack-a-hate-crime/stories/201511290154

Long boring article giving only one side of the tale....one which I wish I hadn't wasted my time on..but I suppose we can agree that driving a taxi in one of those rotting liberal cities in the North.....is a hazardous occupation.
Are the San Bernadino victims to blame for being shot? After all San Bernadino has a very high crime rate. :cuckoo:

We are Americans.

We should not tolerate this or excuse it in our country or in our politicians and elected officials.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/05/u...-anew-for-their-lives.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0
In a news conference Friday, lawyers for Mr. Farook’s family cautioned the public against jumping to conclusions about the attackers’ motivations. One lawyer, David Chesley, said the F.B.I.’s claim that Mr. Farook’s wife, Tashfeen Malik, had pledged allegiance to the Islamic State on Facebook was “nebulous” evidence.

“Until there is absolute, clear evidence, every headline doesn’t have to say ‘Muslim massacre’ or ‘Muslim shooters,’ because it’s going to cause intolerance,” Mr. Chesley said.

However, Muslim Americans are now confronting the fact that to many Americans, Mr. Farook and other terrorists do represent Islam — especially since polls show that most Americans know no Muslims and little about Islam.

“My identity and everything that I am becomes erased every time one of these incidents occurs,” said Nabihah Maqbool, 27, a law student at the University of Chicago. “It all becomes collapsed into these senseless acts of violence being committed by people who are part of my group.”

Like many other Muslim American women, Ms. Maqbool said that she had considered taking off her hijab, or head scarf, out of fear of being victimized. She said that driving back to Chicago after celebrating Thanksgiving with her family, she had decided not to stop and pray on the grassy lawn outside an interstate rest stop, as she usually does.

“I just got so nervous that something could happen to me by any unhinged individual who saw me as someone who deserved violence,” Ms. Maqbool said.

The F.B.I. said it did not yet have data for hate crimes in 2015, and would not comment on whether there had recently been a rise in attacks on Muslims and their houses of worship. A chart provided by Stephen G. Fischer Jr., chief of multimedia productions for the F.B.I.’s criminal justice information service, showed that bias-related hate crimes against Muslims were at a peak in 2001, with 481 reported. In 2014, 154 such crimes were reported.

But in recent weeks, American Muslims have reported a spate of violence and intimidation against them: women wearing head scarves accosted; Muslim children bullied; bullets shot at a mosque in Meriden, Conn.; feces thrown at a mosque in Pflugerville, Tex.

Omair Siddiqi said he had been about to get into his car in the parking lot of a shopping mall in the Dallas suburbs last month when a man came up to him, flashed a gun and said, “If I wanted to, I could kill you right now.”

Mr. Siddiqi said he stayed quiet and the man walked away. Mr. Siddiqi called 911 and is now in the process of getting a concealed-handgun permit. “It’s very scary in times like this,” he said.

In a Dallas suburb, about a dozen protesters congregated outside the Islamic Center of Irving last month, some covering their faces with bandannas and carrying hunting rifles, tactical shotguns and AR-15s. The group that organized the protest posted on Facebook a list of the names and addresses of dozens of Muslims and what they called “Muslim sympathizers.

Khalid Y. Hamideh, a spokesman for the Islamic Association of North Texas and a Dallas lawyer, called the mosque protest “un-American.”

“It would be unfathomable for that to occur outside a church or synagogue,” he said. “At the same time, we’re realists. We understand what’s going on around the country. We thank God for our friends in law enforcement and our interfaith partners.”

If we were in their countries, hundreds, maybe thousands of them would have been killed by now, or burned to death the way they have to Christians in their own countries. The reason they're afraid is because they know how we would be treated in their home countries.

We aren't in "their" countries. THEY aren't in your so-called "their" countries. Why? Because the THEY were are talking about are American citizens! They don't belong in the Middle East. They belong here. Is Europe "your" country?
I've only visited Europe. America is where I was born.

I was speaking of the countries they were born in.

But of course, you like foreign people more than the folks that were born here and who's family lived here for the last 300 or so years.

That's why you're essentially a traitor to your country and your people. You hate us and you hate your own country.

You see, I've been in their countries......and there is a reason they came here......not that somebody like you would admit it.
I learned that the reason their countries are so fucked up is because of their beliefs and their laws.
Yet you want to turn this country into the shithole they escaped from.

We are Americans.

But of course, you like foreign people more than the folks that were born here and who's family lived here for the last 300 or so years.

That's why you're essentially a traitor to your country and your people. You hate us and you hate your own country.

You see, I've been in their countries......and there is a reason they came here......not that somebody like you would admit it.
I learned that the reason their countries are so fucked up is because of their beliefs and their laws.

WTF - many Muslims here were born here. Muslims have been here for generations. THIS is their country. I don't hate us, I don't hate my country - I just happen to think ALL of our citizens should be treated equally. You want to send them to some foreign country? Well send yourself back to Europe then.

We are Americans.

WTF - many Muslims here were born here. Muslims have been here for generations. THIS is their country. I don't hate us, I don't hate my country - I just happen to think ALL of our citizens should be treated equally. You want to send them to some foreign country? Well send yourself back to Europe then.
I don't think all citizens deserve to be treated equally because not all citizens are the same or act the same.
And I wasn't talking about people that were born here, only those who weren't, idiot.

Do you think those who love this country should be treated the same as those who hate it?
Do you think fine, upstanding citizens deserve the same treatment as criminals?

You must be retarded

We are Americans.

I don't think all citizens deserve to be treated equally because not all citizens are the same or act the same.
And I wasn't talking about people that were born here, only those who weren't, idiot.

I think they deserve to be treated equally until they break the law. Until then they should all have the same rights - even those who were born abroad. They came here for a better opportunity, just like my ancestors.

Why would muslems in America "fear anew for their lives" when there hasn't been a single incident of assault or murder directed at muslems while Americans have endured several incidents sponsored by muslems?

Despite all the extremists, USA is still much more safer than the MID EAST, for muslims..........

Sad thing is that condemning the extremists is not going to do much to protect them from the idiots. My muslim neighbor and I talked and he knows he can send his family to my home if something goes down.

No it won't. And when hearing it coming out of the mouths of politicians running for election is enough to validate it for some people. Very bad situation for Americans all around - very good situation for ISIS.
Correct.

This is exactly what the terrorists want: citizens turning against their fellow Americans, in this case Muslim Americans.

I think they deserve to be treated equally until they break the law. Until then they should all have the same rights - even those who were born abroad. They came here for a better opportunity, just like my ancestors.
Yep......those two in San Bernadino didn't get caught breaking the law till they murdered 14 people.
Oh, and not all of them came here for a better opportunity.

A Kuwaiti Intelligence officer once told me that the problem with America is we have too many freedoms....and that our enemies and our leftists would take advantage of that fact.

I'm done talking to you.

You think anyone from another country is better than us who have lived here all our lives, just because not being a stupid American sounds romantic or some silly shit.
That's the way liberals think.

Sad thing is that condemning the extremists is not going to do much to protect them from the idiots. My muslim neighbor and I talked and he knows he can send his family to my home if something goes down.

Good. Now we know where to attack first.

You obviously have never read the Koran. I wouldn't trust a muslim to walk my dog. We're not at war with Islam, but Islam is foundation of terror.

Another truism, that the LEFTIST SCUM refuse to acknowledge!

Rpj3EPF.jpg

Poor things..................got their feelings hurt..................

Um.............14 Americans have no more feelings about it..............They are dead............cry me a river...............perhaps they should have controlled their dang relatives......................

I'm not sure I'd call getting shot in the back or having a beer mug smashed in your face "hurt feelings".

I am starting to believe many here do not understand that this country has Non-Christians amongst us.

They see every Muslim as a threat while ignoring the fact that we see daily Non-Muslim's wreaking havoc in our communities with mass shootings and killings.

I am not saying that radical Islam is not a problem, but the reality is I have a better chance being killed by a non-Muslim here in Texas than by a ISIL supporting member.

I guess seeing they ( fringers ) lost the battle to suppress Gay Americans their next victim is the Muslim community.

No more Muslims in America for now....Suspend all immigration.....

We are NOT going to "suspend all immigration," we are NOT going to deport innocent Muslims legally residing here, and despite the inevitably strenuous efforts of the leftist media to expand a few isolated and mostly harmless incidents of either expressed idiocy or unexpressed insecurity on either side into some kind of modern-day Kristallnacht, Muslim Americans are NOT going to be widely targeted or oppressed. Those involved in terrorism or mass violence for ANY reason should and must be destroyed. This will involve due process where applicable and due firepower in the snake pits of the Middle East or anywhere else in the world.

Um.............14 Americans have no more feelings about it..............They are dead............cry me a river...............perhaps they should have controlled their dang relatives......................

I'm not sure I'd call getting shot in the back or having a beer mug smashed in your face "hurt feelings".
Well, I'll remember to cry a little....and sigh a little......next time I see one of them being mistreated........then not feel so bad when I read about them burning down another Christian church with the members still in it and cutting another Christian's head off just because they won't convert.

Last edited:

Well, I'll remember to cry a little....and sigh a little......next time I see one of them being mistreated........then not feel so bad when I read about them burning down another Christian church and cutting another Christian's head off just because they won't convert.

When did that occur in America?

Well, I'll remember to cry a little....and sigh a little......next time I see one of them being mistreated........then not feel so bad when I read about them burning down another Christian church and cutting another Christian's head off just because they won't convert.

When did that occur in America?
Well, this guy cut one woman's head off and was in the process of cutting another off when the cops blew his ass away.

usa-oklahoma-beheading11.jpg

Suspect in Oklahoma beheading tried converting co-workers to Islam | New York Post

But I'm not concerned just about Americans, but Christians in the Middle-East that have been the victims of genocide in the Sudan, Yemen, Iraq, Syria, Libya, you name it.

I suppose as long as it's not in your town, you don't give a flying-fuck, am I right?

No more Muslims in America for now....Suspend all immigration.....

We are NOT going to "suspend all immigration," we are NOT going to deport innocent Muslims legally residing here, and despite the inevitably strenuous efforts of the leftist media to expand a few isolated and mostly harmless incidents of either expressed idiocy or unexpressed insecurity on either side into some kind of modern-day Kristallnacht, Muslim Americans are NOT going to be widely targeted or oppressed. Those involved in terrorism or mass violence for ANY reason should and must be destroyed. This will involve due process where applicable and due firepower in the snake pits of the Middle East or anywhere else in the world.
--------------------------------------------------

Well, I believe we should suspend all immigration from Muslim Nations...for now...I believe the Government has a duty to do it in performance of the first great matter that our Government was formed to do.

Provide for the Common Defense.

We have a clear duty to provide all Muslims now here with all applicable Constitutional Rights...but we owe no duty to those now in Yemen or Oman or Saudi Arabia or any other of the countries with a Muslim Culture which has proven to be incompatible with Western Culture. See European Experience.

We would have to be absolute fools to repeat the European experiment of bringing in many Muslims...considering the disaster the European experiment has been.

Roosevelt stopped all immigration from Germany when he had to deal with Hitler...even though most of those Germans were probably trying escape the Nazis.

The Muslims want to get out of a Culture of their own making...and come to enjoy the benefits of an open free society...but not to become a part of that society....no they want to come get the benefits...yet keep doing the same shit that fucked up Arabia to begin with...and made them want to get out.

And I say Fuck em.

Self Defense comes first.

We don't need a bunch of Muslim NoGo Zones in America...like they have to endure in Europe...No Go zones where nothing goes in except Welfare, and nothing comes out except hate and murder. NoGo Zones in France where Frenchmen fear to tread.

The American Government owes protection from that to American Citizens....it is simply the first duty of the Government...and any failure to do so can only be to collect votes for the Democratic Party...which amounts to Treason.

No more Muslims for now thank you...we have quite enough.

Forum List

Back