Muslims in US history: my own research

Obama yesterday "Islam Has Been Woven Into the Fabric of Our Country Since Its Founding"

2010 "Ramadan is a celebration of a faith known for great diversity and racial equality ... a reminder that Islam has always been part of America and that American Muslims have made extraordinary contributions to our country."

"I also know that Islam has always been a part of America’s story,” Obama said in a June 2009 speech in Cairo, Egypt. "Islam has always been part of America,"

2014 statement marking Eid, Obama said the holiday "also reminds us of the many achievements and contributions of Muslim Americans to building the very fabric of our nation and strengthening the core of our democracy."

And yet, no mention of the muslim pirates, shortly after our founding, that looted our ships, held our sailors for ransom. We had to pay them to sign treaties to keep them from attacking our ships and kidnapping Americans.

So, where were they when the Europeans established the colonies?
Right where? Is there evidence they had set up large colonies here? Had set up a form of so-called governing because there were enough muslims to do so? Before the Europeans had?
They were right there. Why do you ask?
Did you read my post thoroughly? The natives said the Africans had traded with them and they had as evidence spear tips from Ghana. If they were only trading I doubt they set up governments.
South, North, and Central America
The white people were kidnapping and enslaving Black Africans at the same time. I dont feel sorry for them.

You never had the title in the first place. I told you the report you were linking was a scam..
Maybe they asked permission? Novel idea huh?

That wasn't a scam. Those aborigine Americans were the scam.
Show me the link proving your wild claim.
They weren't in the United States of America. According to the article they were in BRAZIL. Which is something like 7,000 miles away. THAT was a SCAM...on your part.

Barbary slave trade - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Ohio State University history Professor Robert Davis describes the white slave trade as minimized by most modern historians in his book Christian Slaves, Muslim Masters: White Slavery in the Mediterranean, the Barbary Coast and Italy, 1500-1800 (Palgrave Macmillan). Davis estimates that 1 million to 1.25 million whiteChristian Europeans were enslaved in North Africa, from the beginning of the 16th century to the middle of the 18th, by slave traders from Tunis, Algiers, and Tripoli alone (these numbers do not include the European people which were enslaved by Morocco and by other raiders and traders of the Mediterranean Sea coast),[1]and roughly 700 Americans were held captive in this region as slaves between 1785 and 1815.[2] 16th- and 17th-century customs statistics suggest that Istanbul's additional slave import from the Black Sea may have totaled around 2.5 million from 1450 to 1700.[3] The markets declined after the loss of the Barbary Wars and finally ended in the 1830s, when the region was conquered by France.

Obama yesterday "Islam Has Been Woven Into the Fabric of Our Country Since Its Founding"

2010 "Ramadan is a celebration of a faith known for great diversity and racial equality ... a reminder that Islam has always been part of America and that American Muslims have made extraordinary contributions to our country."

"I also know that Islam has always been a part of America’s story,” Obama said in a June 2009 speech in Cairo, Egypt. "Islam has always been part of America,"

2014 statement marking Eid, Obama said the holiday "also reminds us of the many achievements and contributions of Muslim Americans to building the very fabric of our nation and strengthening the core of our democracy."

And yet, no mention of the muslim pirates, shortly after our founding, that looted our ships, held our sailors for ransom. We had to pay them to sign treaties to keep them from attacking our ships and kidnapping Americans.

Right where? Is there evidence they had set up large colonies here? Had set up a form of so-called governing because there were enough muslims to do so? Before the Europeans had?
Did you read my post thoroughly? The natives said the Africans had traded with them and they had as evidence spear tips from Ghana. If they were only trading I doubt they set up governments.
The white people were kidnapping and enslaving Black Africans at the same time. I dont feel sorry for them.

So Obama's speech got me thinking, hey maybe I missed something during all those history classes so I did some digging. I found out that there is a possibility that early Muslim sailors may have beaten Columbus to America. Next at least some of the African slaves that were brought over were Muslim. Not only that but there was one documented Muslim that fought for the US during the Revolutionary war. And last and my personal favorite Haji from the Saturday cartoon Johnny Quest.

Wonder which desert they sailed from? Meanwhile...

DNA From 12 000-Year-Old Skeleton Helps Answer the Question Who Were the First Americans Science Smithsonian

And down toward the bottom of the above linked article is mention of the 9,000 year old Kennewick Man in this article which DNA testing proved to be OLDER than any native American remains by thousands of years.

Kennewick Man The Ancient One - Burke Museum

That was big news here for a while, the Army Corp of Engineers tore the site up and the bones were in litigation for a decade or so. The Natives were indeed restless and wanted it quashed.

You never had the title in the first place. I told you the report you were linking was a scam..
Maybe they asked permission? Novel idea huh?

That wasn't a scam. Those aborigine Americans were the scam.
Show me the link proving your wild claim.
They weren't in the United States of America. According to the article they were in BRAZIL. Which is something like 7,000 miles away. THAT was a SCAM...on your part.
There was no United States or Brazil back then. You said the Black Aborigines were a scam where is your ling proving this?

Ohio State University history Professor Robert Davis describes the white slave trade as minimized by most modern historians in his book Christian Slaves, Muslim Masters: White Slavery in the Mediterranean, the Barbary Coast and Italy, 1500-1800 (Palgrave Macmillan). Davis estimates that 1 million to 1.25 million whiteChristian Europeans were enslaved in North Africa, from the beginning of the 16th century to the middle of the 18th, by slave traders from Tunis, Algiers, and Tripoli alone (these numbers do not include the European people which were enslaved by Morocco and by other raiders and traders of the Mediterranean Sea coast),[1]and roughly 700 Americans were held captive in this region as slaves between 1785 and 1815.[2] 16th- and 17th-century customs statistics suggest that Istanbul's additional slave import from the Black Sea may have totaled around 2.5 million from 1450 to 1700.[3] The markets declined after the loss of the Barbary Wars and finally ended in the 1830s, when the region was conquered by France.

Good stuff. I already knew about that. What was your point? I told you I didnt feel sorry for them. They were doing the same thing to Black Africans.

Let's head back to the point where he stated Islam had a part in fhe founding of fhe US. Take each of my points and tell me how Islam had anything to do with its founding, the subject of this thread.

Good stuff. I already knew about that. What was your point? I told you I didnt feel sorry for them. They were doing the same thing to Black Africans.

Yep, and they built this nation...
I saw the book claiming all that. What I don't get is they came here first in the 1400's, yet when Europeans came, there must not have been many. To claim they helped build the foundation of this country, because a few landed here first seems like a really wildly imaginative stretch in my mind.

Exactly. That was what I was getting at: if your looking at a 600+ year span prior to and during US history, those "contributions" are essentially insignificant and do not merit Obama's waaaaay over the top remarks about Muslim involvement in US history.

Let's head back to the point where he stated Islam had a part in fhe founding of fhe US. Take each of my points and tell me how Islam had anything to do with its founding, the subject of this thread.

For one you wouldnt have gotten here without muslims. For two there were a lot of muslim enslaved people that built this country into the economic power it became. You need any other help with the obvious?

No, muslim/islam is the youngest religion.

1.6% of the population at that time were slaves, of more than 1 ethnicity. Was slavery wrong? Absolutely, and we fought to see it end.

Now, yes there has been Islamic participation, but I've yet to see where they had a large contribution, much less during our founding.

No, muslim/islam is the youngest religion.

1.6% of the population at that time were slaves, of more than 1 ethnicity. Was slavery wrong? Absolutely, and we fought to see it end.

Now, yes there has been Islamic participation, but I've yet to see where they had a large contribution, much less during our founding.
What does that have to with Islam being a player in founding the country? Islam had been around long before any voyages over to the Americas. Without Islam europe could still be in the dark ages. I wasnt talking about the right or wrong of slavery. Just stating facts. They built this country. Lots of them were muslim.

So Obama's speech got me thinking, hey maybe I missed something during all those history classes so I did some digging. I found out that there is a possibility that early Muslim sailors may have beaten Columbus to America. Next at least some of the African slaves that were brought over were Muslim. Not only that but there was one documented Muslim that fought for the US during the Revolutionary war. And last and my personal favorite Haji from the Saturday cartoon Johnny Quest.

DNA From 12 000-Year-Old Skeleton Helps Answer the Question Who Were the First Americans Science Smithsonian

And down toward the bottom of the above linked article is mention of the 9,000 year old Kennewick Man in this article which DNA testing proved to be OLDER than any native American remains by thousands of years.

That was big news here for a while, the Army Corp of Engineers tore the site up and the bones were in litigation for a decade or so. The Natives were indeed restless and wanted it quashed.

That's interesting, could you elaborate on that?

So, where were they when the Europeans landed?
The predecessor of Mansu Musa (king of the empires of Mali) sent ships to the americas from West Africa. He was muslim. There are also accounts that the natives told Columbus they had traded with people from Ghana. They had spear tips they claimed they got from the Africans made of the same alloy used in Ghana and called gold by the same name the West Africans did.
...because there isn't any proof.

The predecessor of Mansu Musa (king of the empires of Mali) sent ships to the americas from West Africa. He was muslim. There are also accounts that the natives told Columbus they had traded with people from Ghana. They had spear tips they claimed they got from the Africans made of the same alloy used in Ghana and called gold by the same name the West Africans did.
I think what you mean is there is no white boy approved proof. White boys dont count since they have lied enough times to make everyone discredit them.

That's interesting, could you elaborate on that?
It is interesting, I think the remains are in the Smithsonian. Kennewick man looks to be more Polynesian than anything, about 12,000 years old. Older than "native" Americans that came from Mongolia. That's why the Indians went on a war path, sorta defeats their schtick. There have been others found so there was a civilization here before the ancestors to the Indians.

I think what you mean is there is no white boy approved proof. White boys dont count since they have lied enough times to make everyone discredit them.
The only liar I see here is you. Because your life is so pitiful, you have to constantly lie.

The only liar I see here is you. Because your life is so pitiful, you have to constantly lie.
I really intimidate you. I understand why and its ok but just know I know.
lol.gif

I really intimidate you. I understand why and its ok but just know I know.
lol.gif
What kind of idiot constantly recycles the same lame comeback all the time? "just know that I know". You think we haven't noticed you saying this bullshit to other people? What made you think that was worth saying twice?

Forum List

Back