My Bad Experience With Obamacare (Feel free to add yours)

The Democrats are liars and race baiters.....the GOP are cowards and sell outs. That is the current state of our Government.

Maybe we should demand better....but we probably won't.

The Democrats are liars and race baiters.....the GOP are cowards and sell outs. That is the current state of our Government.

The midterms are what got me thinking it's about time to get out.
Obamacare made it even more appealing.
Dont really give a shit about the gay marriage thing or the flag thing but they're symptoms of whats wrong in this country.
All I can think is whats next?

many people are saving money....many people are not...simple as that...but it is time the country has health care system...this will hopefully evolve into something much better
Exactly. I know several people that are happy with ACA and some are not.

I've got my 20 year old daughter on my insurance plan. She's just starting out in life, has a job, but no insurance. In the event of an emergency, she will not have to start her life filing for bankruptcy.

Thank you Obamacare!

You always had the option of getting heath care insurance for your daughter if you thought she needed it.

Obamacare is horrendous law that has driven up the cost for everybody in order to accommodate a welfare faction and stupid requirements that many people do not want or need to buy. It has also taken away freedom of choice from Americans.

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. If somebody is getting something for free or even a reduced cost that means somebody else is paying out the ass for it. You don't want to be a part of that thievery, do you?

Thank you Obama for screwing this country for your filthy welfare queens that are too sorry to pay their own bills.

The midterms are what got me thinking it's about time to get out.
Obamacare made it even more appealing.
Dont really give a shit about the gay marriage thing or the flag thing but they're symptoms of whats wrong in this country.
All I can think is whats next?
Once all of Mexico's criminals and sex offenders move here, Mexico should be a pretty nice place to live!

many people are saving money....many people are not...simple as that...but it is time the country has health care system...this will hopefully evolve into something much better
I think the only people that are happy with it haven't tried to use it yet. A large percentage of people that qualified for subsidies aren't paying the premiums.....and the rest are folks that say their premium payments are cheap....but they just haven't had to use the insurance and found out the deductible was massive or the fact that it doesn't cover many of the things we used to take for granted in the past as being paid for. You can't even find out what it covers unless you give them your information on the site.....which is then extremely likely to be hacked by identity thieves or the Chinese.

Last edited:
Didnt complete the app...ignored phone calls. You seem pretty irresponsible to me. Also sounds like you are just blamng that negro obama for your wife getting fired
Yes, it's awesome when the government levies fees against you for *services* you didn't request or use.

They'll attach all their tax returns too. Also any settlements they get.

What a shithole our country has become.

If a dem or rino gets elected in 2016 i'm seriously considering renouncing my citizenship. Tired of the high taxegovernment that doesnt represent me.
If republican win the 2016 your tax complain will not go away. Renouncing your citizenship is a major undertaking. I suggest you consult with an attorney that specialize with this process. I know of two individuals that back off. Consider your savings like 401k or ss retirement. Good luck with that.

You left-wing sons and daughters of Stalin should pay more attention to what's happening in your country. I have seen first-hand the ravages that the Affordable Care Act has had on this country's medical industry.

During the last two or three years, I've seen small rural clinics close because they couldn't afford to be complaint with the ACA. I"ve seen employers being forced to put their employees on part-time because they couldn't afford the extra coverage the ACA deemed necessary.

I've seen clinics in town quit taking Medicare patients because the reimbursement rates have declined significantly, thanks to the ACA. All the while, those doctors and nurses are having to put in nearly 80 hours per week trying to get all of their assigned work done .

I've seen health insurance companies saying they can no longer insure people, thereby forcing them into Medicare. I've also seen scores of people's premiums skyrockets, thanks to this aberration known as "Obamacare".

The truth is, Obama lied to you. The Democrats lied to you. They've been lying for decades. It's no small wonder that the official "Lie of the Year" was the phrase "If you like you health insurance, you can keep your doctor".

Fuck Obama. He can die from ass cancer for all I care.
During the last two years clinic close because of ACA???? If you recall the ACA started Jan. 2014.
Luddy is correct rural clinics has been closing long before ACA.
How I know? I am in the business of building medical instruments.

Didnt complete the app...ignored phone calls. You seem pretty irresponsible to me. Also sounds like you are just blamng that negro obama for your wife getting fired
Yes, it's awesome when the government levies fees against you for *services* you didn't request or use.

If a dem or rino gets elected in 2016 i'm seriously considering renouncing my citizenship. Tired of the high taxegovernment that doesnt represent me.
If republican win the 2016 your tax complain will not go away. Renouncing your citizenship is a major undertaking. I suggest you consult with an attorney that specialize with this process. I know of two individuals that back off. Consider your savings like 401k or ss retirement. Good luck with that.

I got a retroactive tax reimbursement of around $18,000 bucks when Bush was elected for a stock sale during clintons time in office.
So yes it can make a difference. And that was on a minor stock sell.
And I'm not trying to protect my 401k or my SS so much as i'm getting tired of the political atmosphere and what you can expect in the future.

Oh....as far as my experienced financial advisor goes? We're very close,in fact I've been sleeping with her for over 25 years.

Last edited:
You left-wing sons and daughters of Stalin should pay more attention to what's happening in your country. I have seen first-hand the ravages that the Affordable Care Act has had on this country's medical industry.

During the last two or three years, I've seen small rural clinics close because they couldn't afford to be complaint with the ACA. I"ve seen employers being forced to put their employees on part-time because they couldn't afford the extra coverage the ACA deemed necessary.

I've seen clinics in town quit taking Medicare patients because the reimbursement rates have declined significantly, thanks to the ACA. All the while, those doctors and nurses are having to put in nearly 80 hours per week trying to get all of their assigned work done .

I've seen health insurance companies saying they can no longer insure people, thereby forcing them into Medicare. I've also seen scores of people's premiums skyrockets, thanks to this aberration known as "Obamacare".

The truth is, Obama lied to you. The Democrats lied to you. They've been lying for decades. It's no small wonder that the official "Lie of the Year" was the phrase "If you like you health insurance, you can keep your doctor".

During the last two years clinic close because of ACA???? If you recall the ACA started Jan. 2014.

If your into medical sales you'd think you'd be aware that it became a law in 2010.
And it's also very clear you aren't into financial planning.

You are apparently woefully misinformed.
Giving Up US Citizenship Expat Info Desk

Here's another question for you...
Why do you think the US government is trying to make it not only more expensive but more difficult to leave?
Sounds like someone who knows they're getting ready to fuck over the populace and they're trying to steam the tide.

Excuse me.....but if it just started in 2014 and was signed into law in 2009 what was the big holdup?

Nope. The ACA didn't start in 2014.....that was just the end of the enrollment period which you had to be enrolled or get fined.

I think the only people that are happy with it haven't tried to use it yet. A large percentage of people that qualified for subsidies aren't paying the premiums.....and the rest are folks that say their premium payments are cheap....but they just haven't had to use the insurance and found out the deductible was massive or the fact that it doesn't cover many of the things we used to take for granted in the past as being paid for. You can't even find out what it covers unless you give them your information on the site.....which is then extremely likely to be hacked by identity thieves or the Chinese.

Banks and other institutions was hacked. This is clear how you are trying to MUDDY this program and scaring people.
Stay focus you might educated. I provided health care insurance to thousands of our employees and there are 55 employees that chooses per diem.
Of those 55 there are 8 that do not believe they need health insurance. Of those 47 there are 32 went to ACA since 1/14 the rest choose some other private insurance with other group or covered by their spouses.
Everyone of those 32 used the ACA benefits even with existing conditions. Some are happy some are not. The bottom line, IF they are unhappy with ACA they can easily just drop ACA then get coverage with our current health insurance just like the rest. We closely monitor and talk to these people regarding their healthcare because they are our responsibilities. So far I only heard few that complained but none or rare of those BS that you are trying to blame and scaring people about Obamacare. These are facts. No racism, hatred or blaming involved.

Excuse me.....but if it just started in 2014 and was signed into law in 2009 what was the big holdup?

Nope. The ACA didn't start in 2014.....that was just the end of the enrollment period which you had to be enrolled or get fined.
I agree about 2009. What was the holdup? It's a complex and massive to launch that kind of program. So what is your problem if it did not affected you or other people. Your argument was clinic in rural areas closes because ACA which is incorrect. Enrollment was Oct/13 for 1/14. Just like other private insurance like in our case our enrollment is Dec. each year for the following year.

You are apparently woefully misinformed.
Giving Up US Citizenship Expat Info Desk
Think again make sure you discuss this with your attorney for your own sake. Good lord. Just like me or you and the rest of American people are sick paying high taxes. Don't you think half of the population already left the country and renounce US citizenship. That's your life you can do whatever you like. All I'm saying is think hard.

So when my wife got laid off from the hospital she worked at for 8 years because of changes due to Obamacare, she decided she would enroll in the program. As it ended up, she didn't fully complete the enrollment procedure because she couldn't answer one of the questions on the form. The question asked "How much money do you expect to make next year".

But unbeknownst to her, they had signed her up with some insurance company and we got a bill for $500. That was for one month. She never used the insurance and didn't see a doctor or anything, but we kept getting these bills every month for $500.

We blew them off because we really didn't have the money. Soon the automated phone calls started at all hours from a GILA Corporation, which is a payment processing and call center services for governmental entities. In other words, a collection agency.

We have caller ID, so whenever they call, we just don't pick up. I'm pretty sure this is going to effect our credit rating, but whatever.

Fuck Obamacare and especially, fuck Obama. With a rusty, AIDS-infected garden rake.
angry.gif
First, even if she was laid off, if your employer offers you insurance that can cover her if added to your policy, she is NOT ELIGIBLE for subsidies.

Second, she has to give an estimate of total FAMILY income, so your income and then zero for herself...if she gets another job then she's required to notify them of the income change and they adjust the subsidy based on new family income...or she drops the exchange policy because New job has insurance as benefit.

How hard is that to do correctly?

When they first started talking about this piece of shit law.....they said it was going to be universal health care covering everyone.

Then it went down to 30 million.

Now they say 6 million are covered.

All of this fucken expense and trouble just to cover 1.7% of the population.

Banks and other institutions was hacked. This is clear how you are trying to MUDDY this program and scaring people.
Stay focus you might educated. I provided health care insurance to thousands of our employees and there are 55 employees that chooses per diem.
Of those 55 there are 8 that do not believe they need health insurance. Of those 47 there are 32 went to ACA since 1/14 the rest choose some other private insurance with other group or covered by their spouses.
Everyone of those 32 used the ACA benefits even with existing conditions. Some are happy some are not. The bottom line, IF they are unhappy with ACA they can easily just drop ACA then get coverage with our current health insurance just like the rest. We closely monitor and talk to these people regarding their healthcare because they are our responsibilities. So far I only heard few that complained but none or rare of those BS that you are trying to blame and scaring people about Obamacare. These are facts. No racism, hatred or blaming involved.
All I've been hearing is complaints about this law. The massive expense. The lying and fraud that it took to get it passed.

And the only thing positive I hear about it comes from a couple of liberals here on USMB and the administration's spokesmen.

Nobody trustworthy seems to like it.

So when my wife got laid off from the hospital she worked at for 8 years because of changes due to Obamacare, she decided she would enroll in the program. As it ended up, she didn't fully complete the enrollment procedure because she couldn't answer one of the questions on the form. The question asked "How much money do you expect to make next year".

But unbeknownst to her, they had signed her up with some insurance company and we got a bill for $500. That was for one month. She never used the insurance and didn't see a doctor or anything, but we kept getting these bills every month for $500.

We blew them off because we really didn't have the money. Soon the automated phone calls started at all hours from a GILA Corporation, which is a payment processing and call center services for governmental entities. In other words, a collection agency.

We have caller ID, so whenever they call, we just don't pick up. I'm pretty sure this is going to effect our credit rating, but whatever.

Fuck Obamacare and especially, fuck Obama. With a rusty, AIDS-infected garden rake.
angry.gif
First, even if she was laid off, if your employer offers you insurance that can cover her if added to your policy, she is NOT ELIGIBLE for subsidies.

Second, she has to give an estimate of total FAMILY income, so your income and then zero for herself...if she gets another job then she's required to notify them of the income change and they adjust the subsidy based on new family income...or she drops the exchange policy because New job has insurance as benefit.

How hard is that to do correctly?
Yup.....so simple.....and nobody who wrote it wants to be on it.

Want to know why?

Because they say they can't afford it.

The deductible is so high it's like not even being insured if you make over X amount.

This law is only designed to help people that qualify for subsidies. Everyone else gets the shaft.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back