"My Body, My Choice": The Worst Abortion Talking Points

No, I will continue to reach the ones who are actually reasonable, sincere and open to change. And there are people like that who identify as prochoice. I've been debating this topic for years, and I've seen with my own two eyes people change their minds. (Heck, my own mind changed on this issue. I used to be on the other side.) The other types, the arrogant, angry ones that seem to be demonically influenced... well, I don't think they are reachable, but they do need prayer, so I guess I should pray for them.

No, you will not reach the women who refuse to allow anyone else to control her body or anything inside of it. That is a fact.

I'm sorry that upsets you so much.

I promise I will never try to stop you from attempting to convince women that they should follow YOUR religion, morality, values, life choices, your pregnancy rules and whatever else you think you need to control in women. And if you are successful with that, more power to you. Just leave the rest of us alone and don't pretend you can stop us with words on paper. Even if they are signed with a Sharpie.

Sorry to spoil your blind little narrative, but I HAVE actually been a part of changing people's minds. I've seen it happen more than once. It doesn't upset me at all, because as I said, I KNOW there are some reasonable, sincere people who identify as prochoice... but ultimately value truth more than their preconceived ideas or selfish desires. In other words, people unlike you.

I wouldn't bother even discussing this issue if I thought it was hopeless. Even if some people are not ready yet to learn or change, never underestimate the power of planting a seed.

And your idea that this has to do with religion just shows more of your ignorance. There are many secular prolifers, and a growing number, actually. Look up the group 'Secular Pro-life" on Facebook.

Here's an image from their page:

226656-156380041094021-7265995-n.jpg

Too bad that you are not old enough to remember before Roe. The truth is that people saw what was happening, and made a change for the better. BTW, I fail to see how putting MD's in prison is a win/win situation.

That doesn't make any sense. Feel free to elaborate.

Also, the entire abortion movement was founded on lies and deceit. If you don't believe me, hear it straight from the horse's mouth. From 'Jane Roe' of Roe-v-Wade... and from Dr. Bernard Nathanson, co-founder of NARAL and one of the biggest abortionists of all time. (And there are tons more doctors or clinic workers who have made similar statements about the current industry.)

Here you go:

“I’m Norma McCorvey, the former Jane Roe of the Roe vs. Wade decision that brought ‘legal’ child killing to America. I was persuaded by feminist attorneys to lie; to say that I was raped, and needed an abortion. It was all a lie. Since then, over 50 million babies have been murdered. I will take this burden to my grave. Please, don’t follow in my mistakes."

– Norma McCorvey ("Jane Roe" of Roe vs. Wade)

"I am dedicated to spending the rest of my life undoing the law that bears my name….. I would like nothing more than to have this law overturned, either by an act of Congress or a reversal in the Supreme Court."

– Norma McCorvey, Testimony before the Subcommittee on the Constitution, Federalism, and Property Rights of the Senate Judiciary Committee, January 1998.

OBIT_MCCORVEY.jpg

"Why did I change my mind? Well, to begin with, it was not from a religious conviction, ... I am an Atheist... In any case, the change of mind began with the realization, the inescapable reality that the fetus, that embryo, is a person, is a protectable human life. The change also began on the basis of my own secular belief in the golden rule: if you would not have your own life taken away from you, you must not take someone else's life."

– Dr Bernard Nathanson, co-founder of NARAL, former abortionist who presided over 75,000 abortions

'We fed the public a line of deceit, dishonesty, a fabrication of statistics and figures. We succeeded [in breaking down the laws limiting abortions] because the time was right and the news media cooperated. We sensationalized the effects of illegal abortions, and fabricated polls which indicated that 85% of the public favoured unrestricted abortion, when we knew it was only 5%. We unashamedly lied, and yet our statements were quoted [by the media] as though they had been written in law.’

– Dr Bernard Nathanson, quoted in John Powell, Abortion: the silent Holocaust. Tabor, Allen,Texas. 1981

1dbd09319a2d7d05b2af35e731d9fca5.jpg

Oh, it is a CONSPIRACY! Why didn't you say so. Elvis was probably involved, too.

Nope, never said that or even thought that. But apparently I touched a nerve, for you to respond in such a deceptive way, while completely ignoring the quotes straight from the horse's mouth that the entire abortion movement was founded on lies. I guess you don't care about lies and deceit? Ok. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

lolol. Wow. The interesting this is how you always completely leave the preborn baby out of the equation. You completely ignore that pesky little fact, in every single post, by repeating the same tired, overused, debunked phrases like "my body."

Here's another image from Secular Pro-life, that is tailor-made for you:

61146145-2385214834877186-7070855120975560704-n.png

Sorry, I'm not interested in YOUR arguments.

My ONLY ONLY ONLY concern about abortion is having complete total 100% control of my own body and anything inside of it 100% of the time. And I want that right preserved for other women who feel the same way I do.

It's not *remotely possible* that I will EVER give up that control to anyone.

So you can scream and holler, rant and rave, and try to get up all in my business. That's fine. You just canNOT have any control of my body or what is inside of it.

NEVER NEVER. NO WAY. NO

lol. You're projecting. I'm the one trying to have a rational debate here (which I can see is impossible with you) and you're the one who has been acting like a child, basically saying "I don't care ,I don't care I don't care! la la la la la" with fingers in your ears.

I do hope that some day you grow up. As I and others said to you before, you WILL be held accountable for your actions. I have zero doubt about that.

No need for more jails, just a renewed education for prevention process to take place, and a renewed responsibility education, and to reinstate the conciousness of respect for human life that has been lost in all of this mess. The idoctronation of the citizens for years is something huge to undo.

100% I support unwanted pregnancy prevention. That's where all the efforts should be concentrated. Once the unwanted pregnancy has occurred, it can't be controlled by anyone except the mother who contains it inside her body.
Control and killing are two different things unless control is used wrongfully for evil purposes. Controlling what you eat, smoke, drink etc is examples of good control that will lead to a healthy outcome for you and the baby, but controlling the way that you will kill the life within you uhh is evil. What maybe controlling the way the coat hanger is held while fishing for that life inside in order to kill it ?? That is an example of evil control.

I'm not sure how any of that affects my ability to say NO to letting anyone control any living tissue inside of my body.

So I have a total and complete disagreement with any argument that allows any other person to claim a right of control over my body and what is inside of my body. We are at a log jam.

I win because I have the upper hand - you don't know I'm pregnant. You can't stop me from aborting the pregnancy.

You just can't change those two facts, unfortunately for you.
Murderers hold out until also caught in life. Just sayin. Better hope the R-v-W don't change, because there might end up being some folks on the run from the law if engage in criminal acts like killing a living human being.

lolol. Wow. The interesting this is how you always completely leave the preborn baby out of the equation. You completely ignore that pesky little fact, in every single post, by repeating the same tired, overused, debunked phrases like "my body."

My ONLY ONLY ONLY concern about abortion is having complete total 100% control of my own body and anything inside of it 100% of the time. And I want that right preserved for other women who feel the same way I do.

So you can scream and holler, rant and rave, and try to get up all in my business. That's fine. You just canNOT have any control of my body or what is inside of it.

NEVER NEVER. NO WAY. NO

lol. You're projecting. I'm the one trying to have a rational debate here (which I can see is impossible with you) and you're the one who has been acting like a child, basically saying "I don't care ,I don't care I don't care! la la la la la" with fingers in your ears.

I do hope that some day you grow up. As I and others said to you before, you WILL be held accountable for your actions. I have zero doubt about that.

You're trying to tell me why I should believe the same things you believe and why I should follow your idea of what I must do with an unwanted pregnancy. I'm telling you that is not only not your business, it is not even in the realm of your control.

You want to debate that? Tell me how I'm wrong. Because until you can do that, I'm not sure why I would listen to you.

I'm not trying to be difficult. I am providing you with one pro-choice position. I feel it is stronger than any other position a person can take on the abortion issue and, so far, nobody has been able to demonstrate that I am incorrect.

So we'll continue fighting this never-ending war and women who want/need/are determined to get an abortion, WILL get an abortion.

The whole thing seems pointless but you do you, and I'll do me.

No, you will not reach the women who refuse to allow anyone else to control her body or anything inside of it. That is a fact.

I'm sorry that upsets you so much.

I promise I will never try to stop you from attempting to convince women that they should follow YOUR religion, morality, values, life choices, your pregnancy rules and whatever else you think you need to control in women. And if you are successful with that, more power to you. Just leave the rest of us alone and don't pretend you can stop us with words on paper. Even if they are signed with a Sharpie.

Sorry to spoil your blind little narrative, but I HAVE actually been a part of changing people's minds. I've seen it happen more than once. It doesn't upset me at all, because as I said, I KNOW there are some reasonable, sincere people who identify as prochoice... but ultimately value truth more than their preconceived ideas or selfish desires. In other words, people unlike you.

I wouldn't bother even discussing this issue if I thought it was hopeless. Even if some people are not ready yet to learn or change, never underestimate the power of planting a seed.

And your idea that this has to do with religion just shows more of your ignorance. There are many secular prolifers, and a growing number, actually. Look up the group 'Secular Pro-life" on Facebook.

Here's an image from their page:

226656-156380041094021-7265995-n.jpg

Too bad that you are not old enough to remember before Roe. The truth is that people saw what was happening, and made a change for the better. BTW, I fail to see how putting MD's in prison is a win/win situation.

That doesn't make any sense. Feel free to elaborate.

Also, the entire abortion movement was founded on lies and deceit. If you don't believe me, hear it straight from the horse's mouth. From 'Jane Roe' of Roe-v-Wade... and from Dr. Bernard Nathanson, co-founder of NARAL and one of the biggest abortionists of all time. (And there are tons more doctors or clinic workers who have made similar statements about the current industry.)

Here you go:

“I’m Norma McCorvey, the former Jane Roe of the Roe vs. Wade decision that brought ‘legal’ child killing to America. I was persuaded by feminist attorneys to lie; to say that I was raped, and needed an abortion. It was all a lie. Since then, over 50 million babies have been murdered. I will take this burden to my grave. Please, don’t follow in my mistakes."

– Norma McCorvey ("Jane Roe" of Roe vs. Wade)

"I am dedicated to spending the rest of my life undoing the law that bears my name….. I would like nothing more than to have this law overturned, either by an act of Congress or a reversal in the Supreme Court."

– Norma McCorvey, Testimony before the Subcommittee on the Constitution, Federalism, and Property Rights of the Senate Judiciary Committee, January 1998.

OBIT_MCCORVEY.jpg

"Why did I change my mind? Well, to begin with, it was not from a religious conviction, ... I am an Atheist... In any case, the change of mind began with the realization, the inescapable reality that the fetus, that embryo, is a person, is a protectable human life. The change also began on the basis of my own secular belief in the golden rule: if you would not have your own life taken away from you, you must not take someone else's life."

– Dr Bernard Nathanson, co-founder of NARAL, former abortionist who presided over 75,000 abortions

'We fed the public a line of deceit, dishonesty, a fabrication of statistics and figures. We succeeded [in breaking down the laws limiting abortions] because the time was right and the news media cooperated. We sensationalized the effects of illegal abortions, and fabricated polls which indicated that 85% of the public favoured unrestricted abortion, when we knew it was only 5%. We unashamedly lied, and yet our statements were quoted [by the media] as though they had been written in law.’

– Dr Bernard Nathanson, quoted in John Powell, Abortion: the silent Holocaust. Tabor, Allen,Texas. 1981

1dbd09319a2d7d05b2af35e731d9fca5.jpg

Oh, it is a CONSPIRACY! Why didn't you say so. Elvis was probably involved, too.

Nope, never said that or even thought that. But apparently I touched a nerve, for you to respond in such a deceptive way, while completely ignoring the quotes straight from the horse's mouth that the entire abortion movement was founded on lies. I guess you don't care about lies and deceit? Ok. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

There is no "abortion movement" There is an anti-abortion movement, fighting against the 60% of Americans who are pro-choice. The SC made the abortion case, not some sort of underground propaganda machine. My previous post that makes no sense to you is as simple as I can make it. It is too bad that you are not old enough to remember what it was like before a woman could get a safe abortion. Secondly, putting a lot of MD's in prison is not my idea of a solution to anything.

Most importantly, it is absolutely none of your business what my wife and daughter do with their bodies.

No need for more jails, just a renewed education for prevention process to take place, and a renewed responsibility education, and to reinstate the conciousness of respect for human life that has been lost in all of this mess. The idoctronation of the citizens for years is something huge to undo.

100% I support unwanted pregnancy prevention. That's where all the efforts should be concentrated. Once the unwanted pregnancy has occurred, it can't be controlled by anyone except the mother who contains it inside her body.
Control and killing are two different things unless control is used wrongfully for evil purposes. Controlling what you eat, smoke, drink etc is examples of good control that will lead to a healthy outcome for you and the baby, but controlling the way that you will kill the life within you uhh is evil. What maybe controlling the way the coat hanger is held while fishing for that life inside in order to kill it ?? That is an example of evil control.

I'm not sure how any of that affects my ability to say NO to letting anyone control any living tissue inside of my body.

So I have a total and complete disagreement with any argument that allows any other person to claim a right of control over my body and what is inside of my body. We are at a log jam.

I win because I have the upper hand - you don't know I'm pregnant. You can't stop me from aborting the pregnancy.

You just can't change those two facts, unfortunately for you.
Murderers hold out until also caught in life. Just sayin. Better hope the R-v-W don't change, because there might end up being some folks on the run from the law if engage in criminal acts like killing a living human being.

Okay.

NEVER NEVER. NO WAY. NO

May surprise you as to how old some of them are, and thinking like they do.

I say "the worst" but in reality, they're all bad. The Abortion Industry has nothing on their side anymore: not science, not truth. They have talking points to win over the uninformed. That's all.

The one I particularly loathe is "My Body, My Choice". Stupid women love this one, but the stupidity is laughable. It's not your body, sweetheart. If it were your body, you could do what you like. Have your entire female organs removed, tattoo it up, pierce your entire face--I agree. Your choice.

But again. Not your body.

Your BABY'S body. Separate DNA, separate heartbeat, separate and unique set of fingerprints. Not yours. His. Or hers.

What other abortion talking points do you find stupid, laughable, both or other?
Talking points?

No one has any business making personal choices for others. You certainly aren’t smart enough to do so

Mostly, mind your own business and keep your religious extremism to yourself and leave the 79% of us alone

Definition is one thing, but the application of is something people love to tinker with.
If we could all just walk in lock-step, right?!
I think that you've lost the debate by your responses now.

Not one person has demonstrated HOW they can stop a pregnant woman from getting an abortion if she is determined.

Not one person has demonstrated how they will even know they need to punish me because I had an abortion.

I'm still in control. You are not.

But.............you win! I hope that makes you feel better. Really, I do.

NEVER NEVER. NO WAY. NO

You're trying to tell me why I should believe the same things you believe and why I should follow your idea of what I must do with an unwanted pregnancy. I'm telling you that is not only not your business, it is not even in the realm of your control.

You want to debate that? Tell me how I'm wrong. Because until you can do that, I'm not sure why I would listen to you.

I'm not trying to be difficult. I am providing you with one pro-choice position. I feel it is stronger than any other position a person can take on the abortion issue and, so far, nobody has been able to demonstrate that I am incorrect.

So we'll continue fighting this never-ending war and women who want/need/are determined to get an abortion, WILL get an abortion.

The whole thing seems pointless but you do you, and I'll do me.
Telling someone "There's nothing you can do about it" doesn't even begin to touch on the ethics of the argument, you're only saying "They can". That's a fallacious argument because something being a certain way doesn't mean it should be that way.

"I'm not sure why I should listen to you" is just an appeal to ignorance. Refusing the exchange of ideas only implies that your ideas are so weak that you don't want to be exposed to others.

It's not "strong", because, as explained, it doesn't touch on ethics. If we did things on the basis of being capable, that's basically egoism, or "Might Makes Right". If that's the form of ethics that you subscribe to, I don't think anyone can actually explain actual ethical arguments and get through to your humanity, because "Might Makes Right" means you don't care about your own safety, that if someone stronger than you chooses to kill you, you're completely fine with that, because they can.

How about instead of stating "You can't stop me", you actually stop for a second to justify Abortion, since that's the active position, therefor carrying the burden of proof. I won't hold my breath.

"My body. Not your body. My control. Not your control." - screeched the DUI suspect as he was hauled off to jail.
If only abortion was DUI, you'd have a point.

It's the same principle you're blathering about. Why the fuck is it anyone's business if I decide to get drunk and drive my car around? My body, my choice, right??

It the same way reality always works. You cannot stop someone from driving drunk, but you can arrest them and punish them if you catch them.

Same thing with abortion. You'll just have to find the pregnant woman who aborted the baby and then you can put her in jail. You CANNOT stop her from aborting the baby.

In 2015 (I think) there were well over 600,000 abortions. You probably need more jails.

Maybe some kind of boot camp, where young women are taught proper Christian values. What would the punishment be for refusing to go?
If need a boot camp to teach anything, then you have truly messed this country up now. Do you listen to yourself making crazy statements due to your stance on being pro-baby in the womb killer or a justifier of it ??

When we desensitize ourselves to be able to legally murdering of unborn babies, it desensitizes people to murder children. ... Parents were responsible for 61-percent of child murders under the age of five. ... statistics, 450 children are murdered by their parents each year in the United States. ....The sanctity of life no longer exists.

When we desensitize ourselves to the redefined definitions of words, like, "abortion" is "murder", and so many other redefinitions that can be found in the novel, "Animal Farm", like, "everyone is created equal" means that, "everyone is created equal, but some are more equal than others", then, authoritarian Big Brother (from "1984") becomes our dictatorial leader. As much as he may think that is true, it is not, and we are not sheep of the RW.
When we play semantics to justify the taking of human life we have lost our way. Nothing teaches our children - the ones we allow to be born - the value of life like abortion.

Feel free to teach your children anything you like. I will do the same.
Pro Choice teaches your kids disrespect for life. Children know the baby in your stomach is her brother and sister and not a nothing fetus. They feel it move, hear the heartbeat and say pictures. Never heard a child call the unborn a fetus but call it a baby. This should tell us something, Maybe those old Pro Choice fucks beyond the age of viability and usefulness should be aborted to make room for those babies that are aborted. Oh, Nature has already done that.

Forum List

Back