🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

My Brother is a Cop and It's Getting Bad

We were supposed to have dinner at my brother's house yesterday, but he called me up when he got home from his shift and cancelled. He wanted to just chill after the shift he worked yesterday. He patrols a higher crime neighborhood, which is mostly blacks, and he said the past couple of weeks have gotten really bad. People aren't respectful at all. They're rude and belligerent towards him. He's been called names, taunted, it's been constant chaos. He stopped a car yesterday because the guy came up with a warrant in the system. Immediately, when he had the guy step out of his car he started screaming something about George Floyd and then became nasty and resistant. My brother and his partner, who arrived shortly after, had to tackle the guy to the ground in order to get him restrained. While this was going on he said a dozen or so blacks came running up on them, whipping out their phones recording, calling them names, taunting them. He said it was super nerve racking because in the middle of the skirmish he had no idea if any of these other people, who had no business being up that close to them, were going to run up and attack them from behind. He said it was like being in the middle of a zoo. He is starting to consider leaving the department at this point because it's become incredibly dangerous for them.

And my brother is Asian and the officer who responded to back him up is Hispanic, so this wasn't even a white cop thing; it's just an anyone in uniform thing. We're told we should be judging people by their character and not their skin color, but apparently these same people think it's fine to judge anyone in a uniform as evil.

Why would he run the plates? Did the guy do something wrong? How did he know who was in the car?
You are an asshole.Yes he did something wrong, no he fif not know who was in the car and that is why he ran the plates.

What did the officer know that the driver did wrong?

We were supposed to have dinner at my brother's house yesterday, but he called me up when he got home from his shift and cancelled. He wanted to just chill after the shift he worked yesterday. He patrols a higher crime neighborhood, which is mostly blacks, and he said the past couple of weeks have gotten really bad. People aren't respectful at all. They're rude and belligerent towards him. He's been called names, taunted, it's been constant chaos. He stopped a car yesterday because the guy came up with a warrant in the system. Immediately, when he had the guy step out of his car he started screaming something about George Floyd and then became nasty and resistant. My brother and his partner, who arrived shortly after, had to tackle the guy to the ground in order to get him restrained. While this was going on he said a dozen or so blacks came running up on them, whipping out their phones recording, calling them names, taunting them. He said it was super nerve racking because in the middle of the skirmish he had no idea if any of these other people, who had no business being up that close to them, were going to run up and attack them from behind. He said it was like being in the middle of a zoo. He is starting to consider leaving the department at this point because it's become incredibly dangerous for them.

And my brother is Asian and the officer who responded to back him up is Hispanic, so this wasn't even a white cop thing; it's just an anyone in uniform thing. We're told we should be judging people by their character and not their skin color, but apparently these same people think it's fine to judge anyone in a uniform as evil.
Good for him, doing his job even in this poisonous atmosphere while the politicians surrender to every demand made by the mobs.
obviously the police need to be reformed and we have to put more money into mental health and cover everyone for healthcare and give them a living wage and cheap college and training like every other rich country. This is ridiculous only brainwashed. Could give us this mess. The worst inequality and upward mobility ever and anywhere is not a joke. It is a secret from you idiots though.
just the kind of thing that happens when our president is a hateful divider in Chief.

Yeah, but enough about that twat Obama.
Ridiculous right wing idiocy. He did bring out the racists who listen to Fox and all the ridiculous phony scandals you believe in that never went anywhere in the real world.
Obviously the politicians who prioritize community relations over good police work and who foster distrust of police by siding against them in every complaint need to be reform. In none of these cases is there any evidence that police actions were motivated by racism, yet weak, corrupt, incompetent politicians, such as we see in Atlanta continue to rant about racism instead of reviewing their own failed policies of prioritizing community relations over making arrests and keeping order.

Incompetent local politicians thrive in most Democrat cities.
Their electorate will soon be hissing like boiling frogs!
they scare their black neighbors and threaten them. it is the only way to keep their thumb on them. the blacks keep voting for them and then the blacks complain nothing's changed. One can't solve that kind of stupid.

This is the whole purpose of trashing cops, chaos and terrorism. Democrats are up to their necks in it. This will only get worse as long as these punks think they can get away with it. Every time some DA announces charges against a cop it encourages them even more.

Why would he run the plates? Did the guy do something wrong? How did he know who was in the car?
You are an asshole.Yes he did something wrong, no he fif not know who was in the car and that is why he ran the plates.

why are you assuming the guy didn't do anything wrong? what is it you think you know?

We are speaking by and large where there are no victims. Millions of people are arrested every year and no one is protesting the vast majority of those arrests.
what the fk does that mean?

Just what I said. Eric Garner was doing no one any harm by standing on the sidewalk.
who the fk is Eric Garner. I went back to this thread we're in, where if the fk is there any mention of Eric Garner? whoever the fk he is.

Good for him, doing his job even in this poisonous atmosphere while the politicians surrender to every demand made by the mobs.
obviously the police need to be reformed and we have to put more money into mental health and cover everyone for healthcare and give them a living wage and cheap college and training like every other rich country. This is ridiculous only brainwashed. Could give us this mess. The worst inequality and upward mobility ever and anywhere is not a joke. It is a secret from you idiots though.
just the kind of thing that happens when our president is a hateful divider in Chief.

Ridiculous right wing idiocy. He did bring out the racists who listen to Fox and all the ridiculous phony scandals you believe in that never went anywhere in the real world.
Obviously the politicians who prioritize community relations over good police work and who foster distrust of police by siding against them in every complaint need to be reform. In none of these cases is there any evidence that police actions were motivated by racism, yet weak, corrupt, incompetent politicians, such as we see in Atlanta continue to rant about racism instead of reviewing their own failed policies of prioritizing community relations over making arrests and keeping order.

they scare their black neighbors and threaten them. it is the only way to keep their thumb on them. the blacks keep voting for them and then the blacks complain nothing's changed. One can't solve that kind of stupid.
Oh, and to mention such stupid is racist. yeah that's the ticket. in other words shhhhhhhh, shut the fk up, don't give it away.

Plates get run as a normal course standard to check for stolen vehicles, dummy.

Was there a report of such a car being stolen? If not they have no reason to run the plates and again, it does NOT prove the person in the car is wanted.

But if they run the plate and the registered owner has a warrant then they can pull the vehicle over and see if that's who is driving. Perfectly legal. They don't need any more reason than an active warrant to pull someone over.

We are speaking by and large where there are no victims. Millions of people are arrested every year and no one is protesting the vast majority of those arrests.

Just what I said. Eric Garner was doing no one any harm by standing on the sidewalk.
who the fk is Eric Garner. I went back to this thread we're in, where if the fk is there any mention of Eric Garner? whoever the fk he is.

You know who he is.

Eric Garner did not live in Las Vegas.
Besides, he wasn't driving.
When all else fails, social justice maggots create an off-topic deflection.

Oh, and to mention such stupid is racist. yeah that's the ticket. in other words shhhhhhhh, shut the fk up, don't give it away.
You are babbling. Can you try that in English? GOP 40-year national policy is what is causing this crap, not to mention our racist president who just loves dividing the country. Well he will end up with only the brain washed racists at this rate LOL

When unable to address the issue, call people names. Is this how your parents taught you to be?

God only knows, there is not information on that. maybe speeding, illegal left turn, broken tail light, expired plates, take you pick

When unable to address the issue, call people names. Is this how your parents taught you to be?

Thanks for self identifying as a maggot.

God only knows, there is not information on that. maybe speeding, illegal left turn, broken tail light, expired plates, take you pick

Which is the original question I asked.

Don't know how much time your brother has left to reach retirement, but might be wise start looking for a job in private security. Or something else. There are cops getting shot or stabbed and it's getting pretty dangerous out there. There was a story about 3 cops in NYC getting poisoned, don't know if it's true or not but geez. I suspect there are a lot more people that are grateful for his service, I know I am and I hope those of us who feel that way outnumber the ones who don't.
Yeah I agree, I have a cautious attitude toward police because I don't really trust them from past experiences. My past experiences weren't horrible they just could have been a lot better. However, our society without police would be one huge cluster fuck. For example, what do you do if someone rams your car and they just drive off? Someone breaks into your house when you aren't there, or if you are there, what do you do with the body?

We put the bodies on the curb on Thursdays in my neighborhood...

There is no doubt that blacks feel more emboldened right now, and are convinced, thanks to assholes like the CEO of Chick-fil-A, Dimocrat politicians, and the entire MSM, that they are owed something, and they feel they are entitled not only to strike out against cops, but white people in general.

My advice is for every cop in this country to start a coordinated effort to go on strike. Force community leaders to support them, or pressure them out.

He was selling untaxed cigarettes, which is a crime, and he and he actively resisted arrest by swatting away an officer's arm who was trying to cuff him, which is another crime. He had a long criminal record and was currently out on bail from another arrest and this arresting would have canceled his bail and sent him to jail to wait trial, which is likely why he so strenuously resisted the police officers. He weighed 350 lbs and had a plethora of diseases that were life threatening and it is not at all clear the coke hold killed him. What is clear is that any attempt to arrest this six foot three, 350 lb guy who was resisting arrest would be dangerous to both the police and to him. So you must be saying that the proper thing for the police to do would have been to just walk away and allow him to go on breaking the law.

Don't know how much time your brother has left to reach retirement, but might be wise start looking for a job in private security. Or something else. There are cops getting shot or stabbed and it's getting pretty dangerous out there. There was a story about 3 cops in NYC getting poisoned, don't know if it's true or not but geez. I suspect there are a lot more people that are grateful for his service, I know I am and I hope those of us who feel that way outnumber the ones who don't.
Yeah I agree, I have a cautious attitude toward police because I don't really trust them from past experiences. My past experiences weren't horrible they just could have been a lot better. However, our society without police would be one huge cluster fuck. For example, what do you do if someone rams your car and they just drive off? Someone breaks into your house when you aren't there, or if you are there, what do you do with the body?

We put the bodies on the curb on Thursdays in my neighborhood...

We have to wrap them.
Heavier items in mine, only get picked up every 2 weeks.

This is the main reason I am leaving the democratic party. Who the fuck is peddling this bullshit? #walkaway. My Dad who adopted me was a cop. He's retired but geez so scary now!

Forum List

Back