My older daughter, a teacher, called me last night...

Who in the fuck is suggesting miltary assault rifles? When has that even been the topic of debate?

If this were any more of a straw man, it would be dancing down the Yellow Brick Road with Dorothy and Toto.
You're playing semantic games. Well done, that will save a lot of lives.

Some mass assassins don't always deploy assault rifles to execute people. The gunman in the 2007 Virginia Tech slaughter used semi-automatic handguns.
Military style semi automatic rifles and handguns should be effectively banned in order to lower the rate of public massacres and the rate of firearm homicides. By effectively banned I mean rigorous requirements must be met to possess either of the classes.

Could you please identify these so-called "military-style semi-automatic rifles and handguns" for us, and explain in what way they are "military style"?

And I'm still waiting for you to fill us in on what you think an "assault weapon" is. So far, I've gotten "everyone knows" and "I know", but no demonstration of either.
Anyone would think search engines didn't exist.

Note the word "think". There is no search engine I am aware of which is going to tell me what - if anything - is going through your fucking head.

Who in the fuck is suggesting miltary assault rifles? When has that even been the topic of debate?

If this were any more of a straw man, it would be dancing down the Yellow Brick Road with Dorothy and Toto.

Semantic games, such as "assault rifle" and "military style semi-automatic rifles"?

.... uncharacteristically shaken after going through "shooter training" at school. She said all the female teachers were crying, a mess.

Shooter training.

"What it all boils down to, is that there's not much we can do, dad", she said. "They're going through and putting interior locks on classroom doors. Outside of that, you just have to hope the shooter doesn't find you."

I asked her about guns, and whether she supported the idea of giving teachers the option of having guns. "Hell yes," she said, and they had talked about that in training. She doesn't support it being mandatory, but definitely agreed that if some number of teachers did want to do it, it would help. She would do it.

So that was my Friday evening conversation with my daughter. They're usually a little different.

If this was instituted nation wide, your daughter would never have to deal with it. It would end school shootings immediately.

.... uncharacteristically shaken after going through "shooter training" at school. She said all the female teachers were crying, a mess.

Shooter training.

"What it all boils down to, is that there's not much we can do, dad", she said. "They're going through and putting interior locks on classroom doors. Outside of that, you just have to hope the shooter doesn't find you."

I asked her about guns, and whether she supported the idea of giving teachers the option of having guns. "Hell yes," she said, and they had talked about that in training. She doesn't support it being mandatory, but definitely agreed that if some number of teachers did want to do it, it would help. She would do it.

So that was my Friday evening conversation with my daughter. They're usually a little different.

Hearkening back to the OP, have I mentioned that I would be thrilled if my kid had a teacher like Mac's daughter? As a parent, I would be thrilled and feel much safer knowing that my son had a teacher who was willing to risk her own life and/or kill to protect his.

Semantic games, such as "assault rifle" and "military style semi-automatic rifles"?
/——/ My gun grabber neighbor bought a Jeep Wrangler and I said in mocked horror, “ You bought an assault, military style vehicle.”

Shooter training.

If this was instituted nation wide, your daughter would never have to deal with it. It would end school shootings immediately.
/——/ You mean all automatic weapons would cease to exist? POOF?

Note the word "think". There is no search engine I am aware of which is going to tell me what - if anything - is going through your fucking head.
Yeah yeah. Playing semantics will save heaps of lives and make discussion fun. Right.

Hearkening back to the OP, have I mentioned that I would be thrilled if my kid had a teacher like Mac's daughter? As a parent, I would be thrilled and feel much safer knowing that my son had a teacher who was willing to risk her own life and/or kill to protect his.
I suppose it is thrilling to think your child may live 5 seconds more or whatever as a result of the teacher insisting on being first. I'm not sure what the extra 5 seconds of safety will be worth but agree that while there's life there's hope.

Yeah. The school kids of America thank you.
/——/ Funny how Libs drag kids into the debate to make the opposition feel guilty and voluntarily forfeit our liberty. BTW the aborted children at Planned Parenthood thank you libtards.

Last edited:
I suppose it is thrilling to think your child may live 5 seconds more or whatever as a result of the teacher insisting on being first. I'm not sure what the extra 5 seconds of safety will be worth but agree that while there's life there's hope.
/——/ So you have no problem with the police and FBI unwillingness to stop these lunatics before they act. BTW plenary of examples where shooters were stopped by armed guards and teachers.

Having a couple armed security guards on campus makes sense at this point. Arming teachers is nothing more than giving in, plus its an all around nutty idea.
I seriously doubt the comprehensive bg checks trump is promising will be followed through with.

Its the frightened sick psychopaths who brag about it, but Its not fair for responsible owners to stereotype them like that..
Places like Switzerland don't have these problems and guns are ingrained into their culture. The US ignores the loons & always cries after the tragedy.
Im so glad those teens are standing up for this and I agree no private citizen needs any kind of military assault rifle.

There are certain types of weapons ( or look alikes) the average person doesnt really need. ( except in Alaska) Thats just my FUCKING opinion.
People shown to be unstable or threatening should never have them. PERIOD!!

How will this end? We'll hunker down and hope it never happens again.

There are bunch of things that I know for a certain fact people don't need. Even food many people could have a whole bunch less of.

Yet, because this country was founded on freedom my opinion matters jackshit.

If you want to live in some authoritarian hell-hole, you are free to leave. It seems like the traffic is a one way street from there to here though, I wonder why that is...

Get a grip. I dont want to live in some authoritarian hell hole. Yes its a one way street here, people know they can get away with anything.

Arming teachers just isnt a smart idea. Locks inside doors and things of that nature are. Some of the changes you all want could be an authoritarian disaster too.
People who have proven they cant be responsible behind the wheel cant get a drivers licence. Deluded, potentially dangerous people shouldnt be able to buy powerful weapons.

WHY is arming teachers not a smart idea? You don't honestly think we're going to just accept your blank assertion at face value, do you? And why is scurrying from fortress to fortress in terror a smarter idea than simply defending ourselves? WHICH changes we want would be an authoritarian disaster? Why?

Who in the hell is suggesting that dangerous people SHOULD be able to buy powerful weapons? You're making all these arguments against positions no one's taking.

Im not suggesting anything, Im saying people ignore who is buying these. No kid needs this kind of weaponry and no Im not at all against guns, Ive been around responsible hunters all my life.
Still, no way Id allow that in my house and Id be concerned why my son even wanted one.
I see the suggestion of teachers being armed, decreasing windows in schools as potentially authoritarian. Some think its taking control, its not.

Shooter training.

/——/ You mean all automatic weapons would cease to exist? POOF?

Yes of course that’s what I mean dumbass.

Yeah yeah. Playing semantics will save heaps of lives and make discussion fun. Right.

You should add "semantic" to the list of words and phrases you don't understand, right next to "infringe", "assault weapon", and "military-style".

Forum List

Back