My simple solution to opening up businesses: infrared temperature taking devices

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I know a person in Canada who has to drive up to work, a guy checks his temperature with this beam. He does his shift and then as he leave he has the beam temperature taken again, just in case he or someone else picked the Wuhan Virus up at work they can then isolate, find who it is.

If employees have a temperature, they are sent home as a precautionary. Simple. You can cut down significantly on this threat, as well as if used in concert with ensuring those over 60 don't go to work, and/or only in certain capacities, those with underlying conditions etc.

In my opinion, the world needs to be re-opened, slowly but surely and cautiously, it's that simple.

In the USA, we have a law called The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) which ensures that our health and health records are private. No company or government can access this information.

In short, this would likely be against the law in the US.

But who knows. The Constitution has been thrown out, why not our privacy too.

My ex wife works in the county health department as a nurse....she works with an infectious response team that monitors and cleans up hospitals when any type of infection arises....they get their temperature taken three times a day....no one in her building has tested positive...a few people were sent home but cleared by a covid test....

In the USA, we have a law called The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) which ensures that our health and health records are private. No company or government can access this information.

I see, I am aware of HIPPA too ironically (due to my past life in business), I thought it was about sharing between medical institutions and privacy on digital systems etc, but I suppose it is broadly defined.

What about self temperature then? Guy takes his own temperature in a room, takes a precautionary measure without stating overtly why and goes home. Has some coverage and protection during this pandemic period that his job is safe (assuming he isn't gone more than 2 weeks)?

I'm just throwing this out on the fly, thinking about how this could be used in some manner.

It's acually a decnt idea. I do not think it would be against the law but am not an attorney. We are allowed to go through your trash as they argue you can not have the assumption of privacy when the cans are left on the street. Same couold apply require no record being kept just a test to pass entrance. At any rate here is a guy offering solutions instead of bitching and I love it.@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know a person in Canada who has to drive up to work, a guy checks his temperature with this beam. He does his shift and then as he leave he has the beam temperature taken again, just in case he or someone else picked the Wuhan Virus up at work they can then isolate, find who it is.

If employees have a temperature, they are sent home as a precautionary. Simple. You can cut down significantly on this threat, as well as if used in concert with ensuring those over 60 don't go to work, and/or only in certain capacities, those with underlying conditions etc.

In my opinion, the world needs to be re-opened, slowly but surely and cautiously, it's that simple.
Aa rare thing that some one offers solutions and does not just sit and bitch. Thank you! Thank you bery much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My ex wife works in the county health department as a nurse....she works with an infectious response team that monitors and cleans up hospitals when any type of infection arises....they get their temperature taken three times a day....no one in her building has tested positive...a few people were sent home but cleared by a covid test....

It's also being done before WH briefings and even now escalated to a full blown test for the virus if I'm not mistaken.

It's acually a decnt idea. I do not think it would be against the law but am not an attorney. We are allowed to go through your trash as they argue you can not have the assumption of privacy when the cans are left on the street. Same couold apply require no record being kept just a test to pass entrance. At any rate here is a guy offering solutions instead of bitching and I love it.@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not tossing My medical records or giving permission for someone to know what the current state of my health is other than a certified doctor who is subject to doctor-patient privilege.

I'm not a lawyer either, but I'm sure that the majority of leftists on this forum will chime in as lawyers saying this is perfectly acceptable.

As I said, the Constitution is being shredded before our very eyes, why not the right to our medical privacy too.

I see, I am aware of HIPPA too ironically (due to my past life in business), I thought it was about sharing between medical institutions and privacy on digital systems etc, but I suppose it is broadly defined.

What about self temperature then? Guy takes his own temperature in a room, takes a precautionary measure without stating overtly why and goes home. Has some coverage and protection during this pandemic period that his job is safe (assuming he isn't gone more than 2 weeks)?

I'm just throwing this out on the fly, thinking about how this could be used in some manner.
Initially, it was passed because insurance companies and employers were using exposed medical conditions as a reason to discriminate in hiring. It was expanded to include privacy in just about any situation. Not now, of course. Now, fear is the tyrant and we all must heel to obey the masters.

I'm not tossing My medical records or giving permission for someone to know what the current state of my health is other than a certified doctor who is subject to doctor-patient privilege.

I'm not a lawyer either, but I'm sure that the majority of leftists on this forum will chime in as lawyers saying this is perfectly acceptable.

As I said, the Constitution is being shredded before our very eyes, why not the right to our medical privacy too.
So I guess according to you I do not have the right to put an optical thermometer at my door and not grant acccess to you based on readings. Ya, your rights now punching me in the nose. I will tell ya what I have bullets to enforce my wnats in this situation. I think I have the right to protect my home and my buisness.

Look up what the united states did during world war 1 and 2...and the civil war.....you will feel better....we will come back and if you don't elect a democrat we will regain our rights...we always have....

So I guess according to you I do not have the right to put an optical thermometer at my door and not grant acccess to you based on readings. Ya, your rights now punching me in the nose. I will tell ya what I have bullets to enforce my wnats in this situation. I think I have the right to protect my home and my buisness.
So, look up the definition of pubic property and private. My rights ALWAYS trump your fears in a public space.

If you put up an optical thermometer to the entrance to your house, I have to ask you, what for? Clearly, your fear outweighs any thoughts or logic you would employ.

Just tell everyone to stay away from you and save yourself the expense.

Look up what the united states did during world war 1 and 2...and the civil war.....you will feel better....we will come back and if you don't elect a democrat we will regain our rights...we always have....
So, HIPPA law was passed well after WWI and WWII, am I correct?

I don't want to reclaim the rights. I want to stop the abuse and destruction of them BEFORE they are taken.

So, look up the definition of pubic property and private. My rights ALWAYS trump your fears in a public space.

If you put up an optical thermometer to the entrance to your house, I have to ask you, what for? Clearly, your fear outweighs any thoughts or logic you would employ.

ya, I am an idiot whaty was I thinking desease does not kill you.your a dumb fuck in the first degree. fuck you!

ya, I am an idiot whaty was I thinking desease does not kill you.your a dumb fuck in the first degree. fuck you!
You are a dumb fuck.

Let me ask you. Who can you control completely? Others, or yourself?

Here is a clue. The first response is wrong.

Given that the ONLY person you can control, and that you fear dying so much from this, then it seems reasonable that you will keep your ass locked in your home.

If you have people, have them bring you essentials to survive but keep them at a 25-foot distance. They can drop the shit off at your front door and then run away. You can then come out and disinfect what was left.

If you think that is too much, then you really don't fear for your life.

If you think that is a good idea and you'll be safe, then you won't give two fucks what others are doing because you'll be safe and won't have to worry about violating the rights of others.

So, fuck you coward.

You are a dumb fuck.

Given that the ONLY person you can control, and that you fear dying so much from this, then it seems reasonable that you will keep your ass locked in your home.

If you have people, have them bring you essentials to survive but keep them at a 25-foot distance. They can drop the shit off at your front door and then run away. You can then come out and disinfect what was left.

If you think that is a good idea and you'll be safe, then you won't give two fucks what others are doing because you'll be safe and won't have to worry about violating the rights of others.

So, fuck you coward.
blah,blah fucking bitch Iused the same argument the NRA uses for owning guns dumb fuck . You are an NRA supporter right or are you just a republican in name only. Bithc. come to my door and you will learn about the second ammnedment.

You are a dumb fuck.

So, fuck you coward.
blah,blah fucking bitch Iused the same argument the NRA uses for owning guns dumb fuck . You are an NRA supporter right or are you just a republican in name only. Bithc. come to my door and you will learn about the second ammnedment.
What part of "YOUR RESPONSIBILITY" eludes you?

I have no need or desire to come to your front door.

Just stay locked in your house and wait it out.

Fucking moron.

I don't see much downside to having a non intrusive temperature scan. If we've learned anything, we learned this virus is much more contagious than the regular flu. Lets reopen America in the safest way possible.

You are a dumb fuck.

So, fuck you coward.
What part of "YOUR RESPONSIBILITY" eludes you?

I have no need or desire to come to your front door.

Just stay locked in your house and wait it out.

Fucking moron.
I get it the argument only works for guns. go fuck your self! As far as cowaardly goes I have not been sick since 1983 not to afraid for myself but my home and buisness is filled with normal people. Meanwhioe your dumb fucking ass does not thing disease can kill ya. You also do not belive I have right to protect my home and buisness form your dumb ass. So if ya show up around me I would be more than willing to put a bullet right between your bitch ass eyes.. I sure as fuck wont miss your dumb fucking ass.

I don't see much downside to having a non intrusive temperature scan. If we've learned anything, we learned this virus is much more contagious than the regular flu. Lets reopen America in the safest way possible.

Also, it doesn't say anything about the person other than they have a temperature. They may not have the virus, but, it's precautionary.

I don't know the answers, I do know capitalism is in trouble if the Wet, lead by America, doesn't operate as it was designed. We are free citizens (well, many of us who don't live in Canada are at least).

Forum List

Back