my two cents

turzovka

Gold Member
Nov 20, 2012
I am really a pessimist when it comes to anything good coming out of Washington, either party, and pessimistic on the future of our nation.

But at least for one day I thought Trump made hundreds of millions happy to hear someone say what has been driving them mad for the last 30 years. Washington is playing the people for fools, the status quo is the poison we have been breathing in what seems like forever --- because it appears without term limits we are powerless. With absolute traitors and phonies like Obama and harry reid and Pelosi and Hillary and a wimpy republican congress, and big corporation and global banking influence, there is no hope anything will ever change much.

But at least Trump said it and said it to the whole nation. This is bullshit, we are being played for fools and I am going to do whatever I can to get rid of it!

And those who hate Trump and hate republicans cannot stand it. Nor can they admit Trump is right. Washington is nothing but career politicians paying lip service. Our nation is in real danger from Islamic terrorism. Our military is depleted and demoralized. Our borders are making a mockery of a sovereign nation. Allowing unvetted Muslims into this nation is suicide. China and so many other nations are raping us and we let them. They all cheat and we let them. Big corporations maximize their greedy profits by not caring at all about America and shipping all their jobs overseas --- without penalty or consequence. Gang violence is never addressed. The poor, especially minorities have no chance and the teachers unions is a big reason their schools suck and they still have to go there. Religious people are mocked and so is their values. Criminals like Hillary can do whatever they want with impunity. Our economy is a slave to D.C.’s regulations and insane catering to environmental zealots. All this is destroying us as a nation.

Trump said it and he meant it. Yet all he did is echo the anger of hundreds of millions of sane Americans watching this nation decline because of corruption and greed and anger. It was a speech that lifted the morale of millions. That is all he set out to accomplish in this moment. And it worked. For that, I was very pleased.

I know now all the leftist media types and big shots on the left will tell us he was short on specifics. That he is racist and a xenophobe or whatever. Yes, big deal. Like they have one stinking solution to heal this sick nation they themselves have so greatly contributed to in creating. Trump was great. But I am a Christian who sees sin and sorrow everywhere. I do not think the overall picture can improve all that much 20 trillion in debt, and a world of narcissism and anger. But I do know this --- Trump is still one million times a better choice than Clinton.

Last edited:
Trump recited every conservative bromide word for word.

• National security (terrorism), check.
  • Fix crime, check.
  • Grow jobs, check.
  • Fix debt, check.
  • Anti-union, check.
  • Failing public schools, check.
  • Government is corrupt/ system is rigged, elites blah blah, check.
  • Fix borders, check
  • I'm one of you, a mad-as-hell outsider, check.
He literally said what we hear on talk radio every day. No new ground was broken.

Like taking candy from a baby.

Every conservative nominee gives a version of this speech, but I will admit that this one included more grandiose promises than I've ever heard. He promised everything to everybody, even the gays.

And let's not forget about the throngs of white conservative voters, cheering madly for dear leader, like they do every presidential cycle.

Why do Republicans always fall so deeply in love with their politicians?

What if Trump is just another lying opportunist seeking the power of Washington? What if he is just exploiting the confusion, fear and anger of low-information voters by promising them the world? Why are Republicans such deep believers in Washington's power, specifically those who seek it?

Trump recited every conservative bromide word for word.

• National security (terrorism), check.
  • Fix crime, check.
  • Grow jobs, check.
  • Fix debt, check.
  • Anti-union, check.
  • Failing public schools, check.
  • Government is corrupt/ system is rigged, elites blah blah, check.
  • Fix borders, check
  • I'm one of you, a mad-as-hell outsider, check.
He literally said what we hear on talk radio every day. No new ground was broken.

Like taking candy from a baby.

Every conservative nominee gives a version of this speech, but I will admit that this one included more grandiose promises than I've ever heard. He promised everything to everybody, even the gays.

And let's not forget about the throngs of white conservative voters, cheering madly for dear leader, like they do every presidential cycle.

Why do Republicans always fall so deeply in love with their politicians?

What if Trump is just another lying opportunist seeking the power of Washington? What if he is just exploiting the confusion, fear and anger of low-information voters by promising them the world? Why are Republicans such deep believers in Washington's power, specifically those who seek it?
I suppose we will find out in 2017. If nothing else its kind of neat to see all the frauds and fakes outing them selves right and left.

I am really a pessimist when it comes to anything good coming out of Washington, either party, and pessimistic on the future of our nation.

But at least for one day I thought Trump made hundreds of millions happy to hear someone say what has been driving them mad for the last 30 years. Washington is playing the people for fools, the status quo is the poison we have been breathing in what seems like forever --- because it appears without term limits we are powerless. With absolute traitors and phonies like Obama and harry reid and Pelosi and Hillary and a wimpy republican congress, and big corporation and global banking influence, there is no hope anything will ever change much.

But at least Trump said it and said it to the whole nation. This is bullshit, we are being played for fools and I am going to do whatever I can to get rid of it!

And those who hate Trump and hate republicans cannot stand it. Nor can they admit Trump is right. Washington is nothing but career politicians paying lip service. Our nation is in real danger from Islamic terrorism. Our military is depleted and demoralized. Our borders are making a mockery of a sovereign nation. Allowing unvetted Muslims into this nation is suicide. China and so many other nations are raping us and we let them. They all cheat and we let them. Big corporations maximize their greedy profits by not caring at all about America and shipping all their jobs overseas --- without penalty or consequence. Gang violence is never addressed. The poor, especially minorities have no chance and the teachers unions is a big reason their schools suck and they still have to go there. Religious people are mocked and so is their values. Criminals like Hillary can do whatever they want with impunity. Our economy is a slave to D.C.’s regulations and insane catering to environmental zealots. All this is destroying us as a nation.

Trump said it and he meant it. Yet all he did is echo the anger of hundreds of millions of sane Americans watching this nation decline because of corruption and greed and anger. It was a speech that lifted the morale of millions. That is all he set out to accomplish in this moment. And it worked. For that, I was very pleased.

I know now all the leftist media types and big shots on the left will tell us he was short on specifics. That he is racist and a xenophobe or whatever. Yes, big deal. Like they have one stinking solution to heal this sick nation they themselves have so greatly contributed to in creating. Trump was great. But I am a Christian who sees sin and sorrow everywhere. I do not think the overall picture can improve all that much 20 trillion in debt, and a world of narcissism and anger. But I do know this --- Trump is still one million times a better choice than Clinton.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

I found the speech basically a downer that was directed at his base. This speech will certainly not broaden his appeal. Unfortunately for Trump, that is exactly what he needs to do. I don't think it will pickup a single black or Hispanic vote nor will it unify the party. I didn't see a single statement that is likely to attract women voters.

Those that most appreciate this speech will be Trump's base and the Clinton campaign.

Trump has nailed down his nomination thanks to his suckers so now he needs to start changing his tune to sound smart, judicious, diplomatic, and presidential.

If he does that successfully then he has a chance to win the swing states.

The deck is stacked against him though because Hillary represents a 3rd BHO term and the swing states were swept by BHO the last time.

The debates will tell us a lot. The debates are next.

Forum List

Back