Mystery Solved: Why Evangelicals Support Trump

They don't want to bake cakes for gays

They do not want to bake cakes for Gay Weddings... In my opinion the left went to far on that one and should just let the bakers be...

Go find a gay friendly bakery...

Should business owners be able to pick who they will and will not sell their goods and service to?

If they don't like non-whites or fat people or ugly people they can just refuse to sell to them?

Personal liberty is such a non Christian issue. I'm sure God wants authoritarians to steal from and enslave the population. Once freedom is completely gone, everyone will be equal just as God intended.
god never intended that. you need to reread the bible.

Some people get Thomas Jefferson and God mixed up.
thomas jefferson didn't say it either. you should all learn to read.

Freedom was a concept inspired by the French enlightenment not Jesus.
my response was against the everyone being equal bullshit mentioned.

They do not want to bake cakes for Gay Weddings... In my opinion the left went to far on that one and should just let the bakers be...

Should business owners be able to pick who they will and will not sell their goods and service to?

If they don't like non-whites or fat people or ugly people they can just refuse to sell to them?

Have you ever seen that sign that says " Right to refuse Service "?

To a point Yes a owner can refuse you service as long as they do not openly say it is because of this or that and not a damn thing you can do about it.

I can say I am too busy to bake the cake and nothing you can do except ask if I have a opening to call you...

So it seems that 'Evangelicals' are guided more by they're political views than by their 'Christian' beliefs.

Some excuse for a religion!

BTW - If they lived in a 'freedom robbing' state they wouldn't be either voting or practicing their 'religion' freely.
so how does not backing a party that kills babies avoiding their religion? explain for us.

Not supporting Trump does not mean that they have to support the Democrats.

BTW - Do you really believe that Trump has never paid for an abortion? Really????
you truly are a fool. you didn't answer my question, you said they weren't basing it upon religion. sure they are. they won't vote for demofks who kill babies because their religious beliefs don't align with killing babies. If they don't vote for trump, they have instead voted for baby killers. you're not bright at all. and hence the OP!!!!

So it seems that 'Evangelicals' are guided more by they're political views than by their 'Christian' beliefs.

BTW - If they lived in a 'freedom robbing' state they wouldn't be either voting or practicing their 'religion' freely.
so how does not backing a party that kills babies avoiding their religion? explain for us.
yo Richard-H where are you, answer my question big mouth!!!

I did answer. Unlike you I have a life and can't spend all my time monitoring message boards.

Ya just gotta wait sometimes.
no you didn't. but you're too stupid to understand you didn't. just read my last post to you.

I think most sane people agree its whacky for people who claim to live a code based on the ten commandments give such cover for an admitted unrepentant adulterer, sexual assaulter, sexual harasser of underage girls, cheat, coveter of other's goods (just for a start).

But most fundy Christians have decided better that than mandatory insurance policies covering (shudder) IUDs, or the fed courts saying gays can get married in courts or churches that LIKE gay weddings, and MORE IMPORTANTLY, that there is some political solution to the worldwide fact that a greater majority of people are concluding that a divine being does not guide everyday events to reward those who worship him/her/it.

There's no compromise with that. It's a small minority that is getting smaller. There are other issues that reasonable people can compromise on … immigration, deficits, healthcare, etc. So far, both parties have not gone for a big compromise that would cost their base what they really don't want to give up (like more latino babies who will be voters, or decent wages and recognition of guest workers) that would make the other party's position completely untenable. Maybe some day they will. Or maybe the Republic will fail because politically we can't solve real political issues.

You just buried little Richie.

Guess again fool!
you didn't answer my question, because you couldn't he's correct. I buried your arse.

To a point Yes a owner can refuse you service as long as they do not openly say it is because of this or that and not a damn thing you can do about it.

I can say I am too busy to bake the cake and nothing you can do except ask if I have a opening to call you...

No, I've never seen a 'Right to Refuse Service" sign.

It's one thing to refuse service because your over booked and can't provide the service, it's entirely a different thing if the reason you're refusing is due to personal prejudices.

I think most sane people agree its whacky for people who claim to live a code based on the ten commandments give such cover for an admitted unrepentant adultery, sexual assaulter, sexual harasser of underage girls, cheat, coveter of other's goods (just for a start).

But most fundy Christians have decided better that than mandatory insurance policies covering (shudder) IUDs, or the fed courts saying gays can get married in courts or churches that LIKE gay weddings, and MORE IMPORTANTLY, that there is some political solution to the worldwide fact that a greater majority of people are concluding that a divine being does not guide everyday events to reward those who worship him/her/it.

There's no compromise with that. It's a small minority that is getting smaller. There are other issues that reasonable people can compromise on … immigration, deficits, healthcare, etc. So far, both parties have not gone for a big compromise that would cost their base what they really don't want to give up (like more latino babies who will be voters, or decent wages and recognition of guest workers) that would make the other party's position completely untenable. Maybe some day they will. Or maybe the Republic will fail because politically we can't solve real political issues.
who are you referring to? Slick willie?

It's one thing to refuse service because your over booked and can't provide the service, it's entirely a different thing if the reason you're refusing is due to personal prejudices.
wow, you don't go out and spend money then. you locked up?

Guess again fool!
you didn't answer my question, because you couldn't he's correct. I buried your arse.

Apparently you like kissing your own ass, but no you did not 'bury' me. I gave a valid answer - you apparently have no response.

BTW - Do you really believe that Trump has never paid for an abortion? Really????
you truly are a fool. you didn't answer my question, you said they weren't basing it upon religion. sure they are. they won't vote for demofks who kill babies because their religious beliefs don't align with killing babies. If they don't vote for trump, they have instead voted for baby killers. you're not bright at all. and hence the OP!!!!
That I agree with. Tolerating any sin, other than keeping Roe, and possibly even a national ban on abortion, is the better bargain in their view.

And I'm not dissing them. Both "sides" appeal to courts to give them "wins" that should be issues for voting.

Guess again fool!

Apparently you like kissing your own ass, but no you did not 'bury' me. I gave a valid answer - you apparently have no response.
no you didn't, so it appears you kiss your stupid balls. you did not respond to the fact the evangelist won't follow baby killers. why not do you supposed? there I'll ask you differently. BTW, who do you supposed wins if they don't vote for trump?

I think most sane people agree its whacky for people who claim to live a code based on the ten commandments give such cover for an admitted unrepentant adultery, sexual assaulter, sexual harasser of underage girls, cheat, coveter of other's goods (just for a start).

Get your head out of your ass. The evanglicals didn't vote for Slick.

Can you prove it if I do not tell you the reason?
reserve-right-refuse-service-sign-s-6800.png

The Right to Refuse Service: Can a Business Refuse Service to Someone?

That is from 2015, so as you can see you are protected to a point but if I do not say outright how can you prove it?

Get your head out of your ass. The evanglicals didn't vote for Slick.
well you described him. who else were you referring to then? that wasn't trump.

Mystery Solved: Why Evangelicals Support Trump

it all boils down to more voting against people that want you marginalized and criminalized than for someone who doesn't live the way you live.

It's fair to say Donald J. Trump is not an evangelical. He's never been called one and has not called himself one. Technically, he's Presbyterian. As a New York liberal for most of his life, he had no conservative credibility prior to 2016. This conservative evangelical was very skeptical of him, and did not support him in the 2016 primary. I initially thought his candidacy was Seinfeldian — about nothing.

Trump has been strongly pro-life, strongly pro-American, strongly pro-Israel, strongly pro-capitalism, and he has pushed back against the freedom-robbing regulatory state. He cut taxes and he left evangelicals alone. He didn't sue the nuns. He doesn't want our guns.

Voting for Trump is not "trading Christian values for political power." It's voting in self-defense against the radical, evangelical-hating left and hoping for the best - and getting more than expected.

Trump doesn't care if he is pro choice or pro life. In fact before 2016 he was pro choice. But then he decided to run as a Republican and you have to be pro life to run as a Republican. If being pro life will get him elected, he will be pro life. He knows abortion should be a right but his base doesn't agree and he doesn't have anyone poor in his family who can't afford to have a kid if they get knocked up so what does he care?

Same way he knows we should have better background checks for guns but because the NRA and his base say no, he'll do what they say. It's all about being re elected.

Saying that not voting for Trump is the same as voting for Democrat is idiotic.

There are times that you're just too stupid to even bother having a discussion.

Saying that not voting for Trump is the same as voting for Democrat is idiotic.

There are times that you're just too stupid to even bother having a discussion.
dude, I asked you, if they don't vote for trump who wins? why is it difficult for you to answer questions, you didn't learn that art in school?

I think most sane people agree its whacky for people who claim to live a code based on the ten commandments give such cover for an admitted unrepentant adulterer, sexual assaulter, sexual harasser of underage girls, cheat, coveter of other's goods (just for a start).

The problem is pro choice Americans don't vote. If they all showed up to vote for pro choice the pro lifers would be left in the dust. But most poor Americans don't vote and most of them are pro choice and pro Democrat.

Forum List

Back