🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Myths and facts about Jerusalem and Temple Mount

Roudy -

If you take a look at my sig line - what you see is Maryland claiming the British INVENTED the word Palestine.

Can you admit that this claim - in light of the fact the word Palestine appeared on maps for 600 years - is false, or are you going to concede defeat as well?

Perhaps its time for your daily meltdown and spamathon?

Maryland -

Yes, I made a typo.

At this point you seem to have conceded the debate and are now limiting yourself to spamming and name-calling - is that correct?

Shall I list comment #'s I am still waiting for an adult response to?

Please respond to points raised in #799, 800, 801 and 804.
Ahem, that didn't look like a typo to me. You repeated twice.

Three point shot, and one, goes to Maryland.

And....it's back to name-calling and spamming.

Excellent work, Roudy - you can always be relied on to ensure no sensible topic is ever discussed here.

Roudy -

If you take a look at my sig line - what you see is Maryland claiming the British INVENTED the word Palestine.

Can you admit that this claim - in light of the fact the word Palestine appeared on maps for 600 years - is false, or are you going to concede defeat as well?

Palestine is an English name was invented by the British after World War I. Now, you know.:clap2:

The name Israel is 3000 years old

Have you figured out the difference between Arab and Arabic? :lol:

Last edited:
Maryland -

It's completely ok that you made a typo. Everyone does.

The difference between us is that I can be man enough to admit my own - and let you off yours.

btw. For the 4th or 5th time - 'Palestine' is not a British invention, because the word appeared on maps for the best part of 600 years before entering the English language.

Maryland -

The difference between us is that I can be man enough to admit my own - and let you off yours.

btw. For the 4th or 5th time - 'Palestine' is not a British invention, because the word appeared on maps for the best part of 600 years before entering the English language.

Don't blame your computer for being uneducated. Now, remember, Arabs are a people and their language is Arabic. :clap2:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/6898202-post803.html

Maryland -

Maybe it is a good idea if we compare our education and background in the Middle East. It just kind of sets things into a slightly clearer place, doesn't it?

Will you go for, or shall I?

Also - what does THIS mean?

who are just Arabs,

Roudy -

He already explained to you. You lied and tried to attribute Philistine history as a linkeage to today's Arab Palestinians. There is none. "Philistine" or Palestine was the name the Greeks gave to the land of Phiistines. Then came the Canaanites and Jews and others and Philistine or Palestine and its people ceased to exist. Thousands of years later, the Romans changed the name of Israel to Palestine, but the land was still know as Israel or Judeah and Samaria. up to the 20th century.

Maryland is just telling you the same thing I was but in a different way. You refuse to admit that you were caught lying and now you're being your usual arrogant ahole.

Last edited:
Roudy -

Do you understand and accept that the word 'Palestine' appeared on maps for 600 years?

Do you accept that the original usage of the term by Romans and Herodotus had nothing whatsoever to do with the British?

PLEASE DO NOT DODGE!

Maryland -

Don't blame your computer for being uneducated. Now, remember, Arabs are a people and their language is Arabic. :clap2:

Let me congratulate you Maryland. When Saigooon dedicates his sig line to you, that means you kicked his ass so bad, and he's wearing a badge of defeat in your honor.

I'm a little saddened because you caused him to remove my badge and put up yours.

Game on, buddy!

Roudy -

Do you understand and accept that the word 'Palestine' appeared on maps for 600 years?

Do you accept that the original usage of the term by Romans and Herodotus had nothing whatsoever to do with the British?

PLEASE DO NOT DODGE!
He already told you dipshit, it was a name the European Greeks gave to the land of the philistines over 3500 years ago. Are you fucking THICK or what?

You sound like you have obsessive compulsive disorder. Get yourself checked.

Roudy -

PLEASE DO NOT DODGE!

Saigon---do you realize that the original usage of the
term "palestina" or whatever permutation of the word---
by HERODOTUS ------had nothing whatever to
do with arabs or muslims? and that the later usage of
the term by ROMANS had lots to do with jews---but
nothing whatever to do with arabs or muslims?
.....and that the very recent usage of the term----has
been altered to refer to a group of arab muslims as
a tool in the ARABIST CAUSE ?

Roudy -

PLEASE DO NOT DODGE!

European map makers, perhaps. "Palestine" was a European name for Israel.

The correct name of the land, Israel, dates back 3000 years.

Louve, Paris: The Mesha Stele: Israel [ca. 830 BCE]
The stele of King Mesha constitutes one of the most important direct accounts of the history of the world that is related in the Bible. The inscription pays tribute to the sovereign, celebrating his great building works and victories over the kingdom of Israel during the reign of Ahab, son of Omri. The mention of "Israel" is its earliest known written occurence.
The Mesha Stele | Louvre Museum | Paris

Mesha Stele Inscription...
I am Mesha, son of Chemosh, the king of Moab. My father reigned over Moab for thirty years, and I reigned after my father. And I made this high-place for Chemosh [national god] in Qarcho.because he has delivered me from all kings, and because he has made me triumph over all my adversaries.

As for Omri, King of Israel, he humbled Moab for many years, for Chermosh was angry at his land. In my time he spoke, but I have triumphed over him and over his house, while Israel hath perished for ever!

Harvard University Semitic Museum: The Mesha Stele--Israel
Mesha ruled Moab, east of the Dead Sea, during the ninth century BCE. Mesha recounts his principal achievements as king. The most important of these was his recovery from Israel of Moabite lands north of the Arnon River.

There is also a measure of bombast: Mesha proclaims that "Israel perished utterly forever," which certainly was not the case, though in one town alone he says he slaughtered seven thousand Israelite "men, boys, women, girls and concubines" in devotion to Ashtar-Chemosh.

Omri, king of Israel, who ruled a generation before Mesha, is mentioned several times. The earliest known reference to Yahweh [Hebrew God] in a Semitic inscription is also to be found here. At the extant bottom of the stela, Mesha describes an encounter with the House of David, that is, Judah. Although the passage is badly broken, it is clear that Mesha takes credit for a victory over the House of David in the territory south of the Arnon. The words representing king of Israel, Yahweh and House of [Da]vid are highlighted at the top, middle and bottom of the stela respectively.

Mesha of Moab § Semitic Museum

Last edited:
Ok, so no serious answers so far.

I am surprised.

I am always puzzled that anyone thinks they "win" a debate by running away from it.

do with arabs or muslims?

Oh, yes, definitely. I totally agree.

I don't think there were terribly many Muslims in the region centure before Mohammed!

It's the usage of the term that Maryland has been denying here - not the people the term might have referred to. Why he's denying that I am not sure.

it was a name the European Greeks gave to the land of the philistines over 3500 years ago. Are you fucking THICK or what?

Then why does he say "British"?

do with arabs or muslims?

Oh, yes, definitely. I totally agree.

I don't think there were terribly many Muslims in the region centure before Mohammed!

It's the usage of the term that Maryland has been denying here - not the people the term might have referred to. Why he's denying that I am not sure.

Have you figured out the difference between Arabs and Arabic, uneducated one? :lol:

Forum List

Back