N. Dakota woman to hand out letters to obese kids for Halloween

laughinReaper

Dec 5, 2011
N. Dakota woman to hand out letters to obese kids for Halloween | kgw.com Portland

FARGO, ND -- A North Dakota woman said she won't be handing out candy to all the children who come to her door this Halloween. The ones she’s thinks are obese will get a stern letter instead.

“I just want to send a message to the parents of kids that are really overweight,” she told radio hosts of Y94 Morning Playhouse Wednesday. “I think it's just really irresponsible of parents to send them out looking for free candy just 'cause all the other kids are doing it.”

The woman, who remains anonymous, described the letter as a “tastefully” worded message to parents that they should take better care of their children.

The letter states:

"You [sic] child is, in my opinion, moderately obese and should not be consuming sugar and treats to the extent of some children this Halloween..”

When asked by radio hosts “what business is it of yours how other people raise their children?” she said she felt she was contributing to the poor health of other children and quoted the popular expression, “it takes a village to raise a child.”

Hosts suggested, "why not just hand out small toys?"

"I don't want to be mean," the woman said.

Click here to enlarge the letter

Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychology Dr. Katie Gordon told the Valley News the letter could have the opposite effect.

"It's just that kind of thing that for some kids, if they're vulnerable, might trigger major problems," she said.

According to the Centers for Disease Control, 11 percent of North Dakota high schoolers were obese in 2011, in line with the national mean.

Her house is soooo gonna get egged and TP'd. Guess she never heard of giving out,Pennies,sugarfree hard candy,Fruit roll ups, a box of raisins,apples,or light popcorn to all the kids. You can always go to Oriental Trading Company and get some cheap whistles or balls, stickers,Mardi Gras beads,tops,planes, they sell little party favors cheap. You don't have to be nasty to kids.

144 novelty Halloween pencils cost about $18.00 plus shipping and handling. Candy costs about the same if you're handing out decent stuff.

Last edited:
She doesn't have to hand out anything at all. I don't see why she's going about it this way.

I heard a telephone call from her. She sounds very young. The ones who know better usually are.

I heard a telephone call from her. She sounds very young. The ones who know better usually are.

Probably very young. I don't suppose she thought of the long term psycological effects something like a "your fat, no treats for you" note will have on the kids? Beating the crap out of the kids self esteem is like pouring gasoline on a fire.

Nice job lady:clap2:

Last edited:

Probably very young. I don't suppose she thought of the long term psycological effects something like a "your fat, no treats for you" note will have on the kids? Beating the crap out of the kids self esteem is like poring gasoline on a fire.

Nice job lady:clap2:

Liberal schools send the same letters home with kids.

Mooooooooooooooooooooooooochelle encourages it.
Yet on that you are silent.......
It's ok from the messiah or his Lardy arsed wife.
But from others it's wrong!!
Gotcha, loud and clear!

Simple. Stop giving candy altogether. Turn the light off and stop inviting them. Save that much money on not buying candy... or letterhead. Problem solved. Micheal Bloomberg does not need any competition.

Last edited:
Wow what a bitch

Mooooooochelle has schools sending letters home to the same effect.
Is moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooochelle of the humongous arse also a bitch?

Hmm you just sounded like a dick.

Great.
No double standard from me though.
This woman is a bitch for her letters.
But mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooochelle is not for hers?

Double standard on your part?

Mooooooochelle has schools sending letters home to the same effect.
Is moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooochelle of the humongous arse also a bitch?

Hmm you just sounded like a dick.

Great.
No double standard from me though.
This woman is a bitch for her letters.
But mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooochelle is not for hers?

Double standard on your part?

Michelle Obama passing out candy, not insults:

michelle-obama-trick-of-treating-white-house.jpg

^ Yup definitely a dick

Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooochelles letters home calling kids obese however do not make her a bitch.

Keep hurling your insults, loser.
You refuse to address the double standard you stand for .

Forum List

Back