NAACP considers resolution decrying racist elements in tea-party movement

Last edited:
Founded Feb. 12. 1909, the NAACP is the nation's oldest, largest and most widely recognized grassroots-based civil rights organization. Its more than half-million members and supporters throughout the United States and the world are the premier advocates for civil rights in their communities, campaigning for equal opportunity and conducting voter mobilization.

Founding group
The NAACP was formed partly in response to the continuing horrific practice of lynching and the 1908 race riot in Springfield, the capital of Illinois and resting place of President Abraham Lincoln. Appalled at the violence that was committed against blacks, a group of white liberals that included Mary White Ovington and Oswald Garrison Villard, both the descendants of abolitionists, William English Walling and Dr. Henry Moscowitz issued a call for a meeting to discuss racial justice. Some 60 people, seven of whom were African American (including W. E. B. Du Bois, Ida B. Wells-Barnett and Mary Church Terrell), signed the call, which was released on the centennial of Lincoln's birth.

Other early members included Joel and Arthur Spingarn, Josephine Ruffin, Mary Talbert, Inez Milholland, Jane Addams, Florence Kelley, Sophonisba Breckinridge, John Haynes Holmes, Mary McLeod Bethune, George Henry White, Charles Edward Russell, John Dewey, William Dean Howells, Lillian Wald, Charles Darrow, Lincoln Steffens, Ray Stannard Baker, Fanny Garrison Villard, and Walter Sachs.

Echoing the focus of Du Bois' Niagara Movement began in 1905, the NAACP's stated goal was to secure for all people the rights guaranteed in the 13th, 14th, and 15th Amendments to the United States Constitution, which promised an end to slavery, the equal protection of the law, and universal adult male suffrage, respectively.

The NAACP's principal objective is to ensure the political, educational, social and economic equality of minority group citizens of United States and eliminate race prejudice. The NAACP seeks to remove all barriers of racial discrimination through the democratic processes.

The NAACP established its national office in New York City in 1910 and named a board of directors as well as a president, Moorfield Storey, a white constitutional lawyer and former president of the American Bar Association. The only African American among the organization's executives, Du Bois was made director of publications and research and in 1910 established the official journal of the NAACP, The Crisis.
NAACP: 100 Years of History | NAACP

We were warned that once the Obama's approval ratings dropped, the cries OF RACISM would increase.
IT'S ALL THEY GOT LEFT.

looks like that has now begun.

the naacp has just shown themselves to be the joke that they have become.

and of course this story is the BIG NEWS OF THE DAY by the lapdog media.

things are going to get ugly this summer with ELECTIONS coming.

stand your ground folks. we CAN WIN.

Last edited:
ok ....what if i showed you a black one?....are you going to say he is a phony?....how about ANY minorities who just happen to agree with the "Tea-Baggers"....how about a Japanese who was in an internment camp during the 40's....but just happens to agree with the Baggers....is he a phony?....most of the blacks you talk about Rw are either real old or dead.....the ones of today have done nothing to equate what the ones in the 40's-60's did....its a different organization today Rw...

They did not have their liberty taken away because they are Tea Baggers. The fact that a few token minorities participate in the Tea Party does not negate the fact that it is primarily an older white organization.
Dressing like a 1776 Patriot does not make you a patriot. The NAACP has been around for over 100 years and has earned their stripes as American Patriots. The Tea Baggers are pretenders when compared to the NAACP
and blacks did not have LESS liberties because they belonged to the NAACP....they had less because they were BLACK.......
so that black guy i pointed out who was alive back in the 50's-60's DID NOT have to put up with the same shit the people you mention did? even today he doesnt?....he had more liberties than other blacks?....how about the Japanese guy i mentioned?....he had no liberties taken away?....so since they just happen to believe in a movement you dont....they are token minorities?....and i am sure Rw that back in 1909 the NAACP was considered by MANY Americans to be a joke.....it took them 50 years before they were finally heard....you know what Rw....i think the NAACP TODAY, has basically been an organization that keeps blacks back....they are in their way....and i think a hell of a lot of black people see this....others eat them up like they do Sharpton and Jackson....that being said,at one time i do recognize what they were, a group that helped many of the people they set out to help,and i will give them their dues for that.....but as with many "help" organizations,their effectiveness wanes each decade as blacks succeed more and more....blacks who have "made it" in this country in all probability do not need the NAACP...what can they do for them?.....its a different time and a different organization Rw....

Exactly.....Michelle herself stated that "Desert is not a right".

She's into telling everyone they need to settle for less instead of wanting to have a better life.

Was she a member of the NAACP?

She worked for them as a secretary. Yes, she was a member, and has an honored place in history. You remember the bus boycott?

Oh ok then she was a racist.

She was a civil rights hero.
When Rosa Parks refused on the afternoon of Dec. 1, 1955, to give up her bus seat so that a white man could sit, it is unlikely that she fully realized the forces she had set into motion and the controversy that would soon swirl around her.

Last edited:
She worked for them as a secretary. Yes, she was a member, and has an honored place in history. You remember the bus boycott?

When Rosa Parks refused on the afternoon of Dec. 1, 1955, to give up her bus seat so that a white man could sit, it is unlikely that she fully realized the forces she had set into motion and the controversy that would soon swirl around her.

She's a racist, pure and simple.

She's an American hero. You have no idea what racism is and what Rosa Parks accomplished.

Racism was what she successfully fought.

BTW I'd be most happy if Texas seceded from the union. Texas should be it's own country.

Last edited:
ok ....what if i showed you a black one?....are you going to say he is a phony?....how about ANY minorities who just happen to agree with the "Tea-Baggers"....how about a Japanese who was in an internment camp during the 40's....but just happens to agree with the Baggers....is he a phony?....most of the blacks you talk about Rw are either real old or dead.....the ones of today have done nothing to equate what the ones in the 40's-60's did....its a different organization today Rw...

They did not have their liberty taken away because they are Tea Baggers. The fact that a few token minorities participate in the Tea Party does not negate the fact that it is primarily an older white organization.
Dressing like a 1776 Patriot does not make you a patriot. The NAACP has been around for over 100 years and has earned their stripes as American Patriots. The Tea Baggers are pretenders when compared to the NAACP
and blacks did not have LESS liberties because they belonged to the NAACP....they had less because they were BLACK.......
so that black guy i pointed out who was alive back in the 50's-60's DID NOT have to put up with the same shit the people you mention did? even today he doesnt?....he had more liberties than other blacks?....how about the Japanese guy i mentioned?....he had no liberties taken away?....so since they just happen to believe in a movement you dont....they are token minorities?....and i am sure Rw that back in 1909 the NAACP was considered by MANY Americans to be a joke.....it took them 50 years before they were finally heard....you know what Rw....i think the NAACP TODAY, has basically been an organization that keeps blacks back....they are in their way....and i think a hell of a lot of black people see this....others eat them up like they do Sharpton and Jackson....that being said,at one time i do recognize what they were, a group that helped many of the people they set out to help,and i will give them their dues for that.....but as with many "help" organizations,their effectiveness wanes each decade as blacks succeed more and more....blacks who have "made it" in this country in all probability do not need the NAACP...what can they do for them?.....its a different time and a different organization Rw....

Is the NAACP as relevant as it was in the 50s and 60s? Of course not
Should whites be able to pronounce they are no longer needed because you now have all your freedoms? No, that is up to the members of the NAACP to decide. When they declare "Mission Accomplished" they can go home.

Are they within their rights to be concerned with the agenda of the Tea Party? Yes they are. Actions of the Tea Pary have shown they are less than sympathetic to the rights of Blacks.

- Tea Party candidate Rand Paul openly questioned the Civil Rights movement and had to think it over when asked if he favored repeal

- Tea Party members singled out black Congressmen for abuse and reportedly called them the N word.

- Tea Party rallies have contained many messages that are either subtly or openly racist

If the NAACP has a concern about the Tea Party movement they have a right to address it. That document the Tea Party waves says they do

As lonestar demonstrate once again why the NAACP is necessary even today

so you're saying the Naacp is needed to "stomp on our rights of FREEDOM OF SPEECH"?

we NEED the NAACP like we needed the KKK.

both were hateful, wrongheaded, and supported by the left. go figure.

so you're saying the Naacp is needed to "stomp on our rights of FREEDOM OF SPEECH"?

Lonestar sounds like the KKK. It's ok for him to spout off but it's not ok for the NAACP to have free speech. Yeah right. The NAACP came into being because of lynchings. You've heard of those, haven't you?

Last edited:
And take notice folks.

Michelle Obama showed up at this little hatefest against the Amercian people put on by the Naacp.

She's an American hero. You have no idea what racism is and what Rosa Parks accomplished.

Racism was what she successfully fought.

BTW I'd be most happy if Texas seceded from the union. Texas should be it's own country.

Successfully fought? Bullshit! Racism is thriving, especially in the black communities and the NAACP and their ilk are fueling the fire.

Nice strawman, too bad it does nothing to help your argument. Fact is the NAACP is a racist group by definition.

Has the NAACP ever burned down someones house?
Have they ever lynched someone?

Your comparison is repulsive

Lonestar sounds like the KKK. It's ok for him to spout off but it's not ok for the NAACP to have free speech. Yeah right. The NAACP came into being because of lynchings. You've heard of those, haven't you?

Please point out where I said anything about denying the NAACP's right to free speech.

Fact is they're entitled to spread as much racist hate around as they wish, but don't condemn others when they do the same.

Forum List

Back