Nancy's New Gambit - Scorched Earth

They oppose yours, and you oppose theirs, neither side really looking for any middle ground. Sure, I wish both parties would work closer to find solutions, but don't now and the result is gridlock, but the republicans are the real scorched earthers of present, going back to the denial of or even considering any supreme court recommendation of the Obama administration for even hearings. It worked so well, it is their pat answer, now.
Gridlock to what? The nation constantly moves left. Repubs slow down the speed a bit. We are finished except for regional areas that live by older proven ways. Even then it was not perfect.

That is no more scorched earth than the republican plan of refusal to consider anything the administration is trying to do (ever), just because they are a Democrat party administration. Try again.
Ummmmmmmmmm, have you ever heard of "Resist 45"? So, I don't give a shit. What goes around comes around.

It's called a compromise, something Trump never tried to negotiate on the budget. All the GOP did was nullify the debt ceiling until after they were out of power.
Methinks you think that Manchin and Simena will agree to my opinion. I wouldn't make any bets on that if I were you. They really don't like the far left ordering them around.

That is no more scorched earth than the republican plan of refusal to consider anything the administration is trying to do (ever), just because they are a Democrat party administration. Try again.

Boehner pledged he would do everything he could stop Obama. McConnell did the same.
It's not new for republicans. They always dig in when their birth rIght of born to rule is infringed.

Well, you are right about that one. Have heard them called progressives. Not sure what that means. They sound radical to me.
They are a tiny faction of the Democratic political family yet because of the miniscule majorities that Democrats hold in the House and Senate...they feel like they have an enormous amount of power to dictate to the Democratic majority. It's the "tail" wagging the dog!

I had a T-Shirt saying GRIDLOCK, NOW MORE THAN EVER BEFORE, back during the early to mid 80s. Very popular topic back then. They didn't have jacksh#t on these Bozo clowns of today, and were a lot more civilized about it.
What most people lose sight of is that our Senate was basically created to make it HARD to pass legislation! The Founding Fathers did that with a purpose. They didn't want Big Government to run the country and pass laws willy nilly. They wanted gridlock. They wanted compromise.

Forum List

Back