Narrative Fail: 15 Days After Lockdown Ease, Georgia Sees Lowest Day Of COVID Hospitalizations

BWHAAAAAAAAAA

Talking points by a left wing hack site....

Try disputing the facts next time.
Each area is different due to its populace and how tightly compacted it is. A one size fits all strategy by Fauci is dead wrong!

Each region needs to assess and deal with its own needs. Trump understands this and is promoting this. Just becasue you disagree does not make him stupid or wrong becasue it could be you who is stupid and wrong.

My heart doc allowed me to return to work, on graveyards, where i have little public contact. These are reasonable precautions that I can do to keep working and keep an income. And that is what we need to do! Period!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You are saying the virus only stays in one location or states? Right? Because that is what you are saying. Fauci is 100% correct one size fits all.

You have a very amateur analogy. You can not go by region hoping that Americans don’t travel. That is how we got in trouble to begin with.
Fauci will NEVER say Arizona has fewer cases than California. Arizona can open but not California. That’s very dumb don’t you think?

I agree with Trump opening up people need to go back to work but we DECENT Americans don’t agree is how that dumb fuck president handling this crisis giving false information, pointing fingers and blaming others that has nothing to do with with his incompetent. We have a crisis and we have to put up with his regular bullshit. It’s like crisis within the crisis created by Trump. THATS THE DIFFERENCE.

No one said it does not move. It is silly to think that a single standard should be used in NY City and in rural areas though. The dynamics of the virus are going to be totally different in those locations. In NY, FAR different methods are going to be necessary to ensure the virus does not run through the population to fast where a rural area in the middle of Kansas is going to have entirely different requirements.

Further, there is STILL no real indication on what we are trying to achieve through the lock downs (yes, one of the key falures of the Trump admin is that they have not outlined clear goals for the people to stand behind). Your statement sounds as though you think the lock downs are trying to contain the virus and stop it from spreading to other areas. As far as I can tell, that cat is out of the bag - we are not going to use social distancing or lock downs to kill the virus off. It is here to stay. Because of that, I cannot fathom why local regions should not be treated totally differently depending on where they are in their own curve.

It's amazing the number of people I know who have had the virus, and lost loved ones to the virus, but not the people on this board. What a hardy bunch you all are.

Sorry but on April 14, 2020 my favorite and last living aunt died of the virus.

I put a thread up about it.

I was horrified from the reactions from some of the far right radical extremists on the board.

I’m sorry for your loss. My DIL’s grandmother passed last week. She was old and she had advanced dementia, but now the family is dealing with guilt for not having kept her at home, along with everything else.

One of my friends went to court, to get her MIL out of the home, went cases first hit it. There were two cases when they took her home. The nursing home is one of the hardest hit in Canada with more than 20 deaths.

62% of the Canadians who have died, are in nursing homes, with deaths
It's amazing the number of people I know who have had the virus, and lost loved ones to the virus, but not the people on this board. What a hardy bunch you all are.
Seriously?

There are, as far as I can tell, a confirmed 1.3 million cases in the US. Damn near one third of those are in NY. There are 300 million people in this nation.

If you live in New York then it is pretty damn likely that you know someone who has had the virus. For the vast majority of the rest of us, it is unlikely that anyone you know has become significantly ill from corona virus. I certainly do not know 300 people well enough to know if they get sick.

I only know one person in New York. She an ER nurse downtown, working in the blood bank. So far she’s fine, but when thing were crazy, she was doing testing.

My friends who lost loved ones live in the mid-West. My DIL’s grandmother lived in Poland.

62% of deaths in Canada were in nursing homes, with deaths in private “for profit” homes being 2/3 of those deaths.

Here's another nail in the shutdown coffin. I predict this shutdown will last only a few more weeks.

In late April Dr. Tony Fauci made it clear he opposed the decision by Georgia Governor Brian Kemp to lift the lockdown orders in his state. “If I were advising the governor, I would tell him he should be careful. Going ahead and leapfrogging into phases where you should not be … I would advise him not to do that.”​
But Dr. Fauci was wrong again. In fact, it starting to look like this guy is NEVER right about anything? It must be nice having a government job and not have to worry about getting fired!​
Fauci and the critics were all wrong. Today Georgia Governor Brian Kemp announced on Saturday the lowest number of COVID-19 positive patients currently hospitalized statewide (1,203) since hospitals began reporting this data on April 8th and the lowest total of ventilators in use.​
Today marks the lowest number of COVID-19 positive patients currently hospitalized statewide (1,203) since hospitals began reporting this data on April 8th.​
Today also marks the lowest total of ventilators in use (897 with 1,945 available).​

Wrong. Fauci is right.

Number of new cases on May 9th: 419
Number of new cases on May 10th: 886

View attachment 334712
Over all numbers will go hgher as more and more testing is done. The real metric of this disease are the numbers of new hosptializations and those have not climbed. So the majority of those being affected are those that have little or no symptoms when they get this disease.

So Fauci is wrong saying the number of cases will go up and then you admit the number of cases will go up?

Am I understanding this right?

You can have your own factors on whether you think things are getting worse but that doesn't make Fauci wrong.
This is a virus! it will infect everyone at some point. The metrics of what its doing to our cities and medical systems is in the number of people requiring them, most do not. Fauci is wrong on what the most important metric is.
Well Billy why don’t you show us where Fauci is wrong? Or show us what metric you use???

Fauci proved himself wrong.
He admitted that "flattening the curve" does not save any lives, but instead just slows it down, and then obviously when you flatten the curve, you stretch it out and increase the area under the curve.
And by stretching out the time,that makes is more likely the vulnerable die by accident.
You can't protect the vulnerable in a lock down because they still need contact in order to get food.
Possibly but not flattening the curve has its own problems. More people getting sick faster means that there is less time to develop treatments - even if they are just mitigations attempts, and also means that more may die due to lack of medical resources. We clearly managed to avoid losing people because there were no facilities but that does not mean that there were not advantages to closing down or that we would still have been able to handle the case load had we not gone under some sort of restrictions. In the end, because there is actually no way to know how effective the decisions made were till we are on the other side, we will have real data on the proper response. Sweden played the herd immunity card as you are talking about. Many states are opening and many are staying closed for months longer. We will see where the death toll ends up at the other end and what were the more effective measures.

I was horrified from the reactions from some of the far right radical extremists on the board.
We asked Facts like how old was she and did she have preexisting condition and was she in a nursing home. You fell apart and got the emoters to go with you and dragged in a moderator or two who banned the two of three of us from the thread who dared to ask fact questions instead of falling into a grieve fest.

Last edited:

I’m sorry for your loss. My DIL’s grandmother passed last week. She was old and she had advanced dementia, but now the family is dealing with guilt for not having kept her at home, along with everything else.

One of my friends went to court, to get her MIL out of the home, went cases first hit it. There were two cases when they took her home. The nursing home is one of the hardest hit in Canada with more than 20 deaths.

Seriously?

There are, as far as I can tell, a confirmed 1.3 million cases in the US. Damn near one third of those are in NY. There are 300 million people in this nation.

If you live in New York then it is pretty damn likely that you know someone who has had the virus. For the vast majority of the rest of us, it is unlikely that anyone you know has become significantly ill from corona virus. I certainly do not know 300 people well enough to know if they get sick.

I only know one person in New York. She an ER nurse downtown, working in the blood bank. So far she’s fine, but when thing were crazy, she was doing testing.

My friends who lost loved ones live in the mid-West. My DIL’s grandmother lived in Poland.

62% of deaths in Canada were in nursing homes, with deaths in private “for profit” homes being 2/3 of those deaths.
Nursing homes were devastated. That is one of the core failures here, the sick should have been removed from nursing homes out of the gate and measures taken for those that had someone with a COVID case. That is one of the things that is biting NY in the ass. My grandparents were lucky, the home they are at in CA has not been hit yet. My Grandmother passed two weeks ago but it was entirely natural. The lockdowns did accelerate her death considerably though as she deteriorated as soon as she was isolated very quickly. One of the downsides, it is very difficult for the very elderly to maintain a purpose and not degrade without family there to provide the reason for doing so.

I feel far worse for those that died a month ago, they were refusing visitors for hospice then. To die is one thing. To die alone is horrific. Another thing that really needs to be hammered out, how to treat those near the end during a lock down like this. Sometimes you just have to accept the end is near and find a way for those to pass in peace surrounded by family.

Here's another nail in the shutdown coffin. I predict this shutdown will last only a few more weeks.

In late April Dr. Tony Fauci made it clear he opposed the decision by Georgia Governor Brian Kemp to lift the lockdown orders in his state. “If I were advising the governor, I would tell him he should be careful. Going ahead and leapfrogging into phases where you should not be … I would advise him not to do that.”​
But Dr. Fauci was wrong again. In fact, it starting to look like this guy is NEVER right about anything? It must be nice having a government job and not have to worry about getting fired!​
Fauci and the critics were all wrong. Today Georgia Governor Brian Kemp announced on Saturday the lowest number of COVID-19 positive patients currently hospitalized statewide (1,203) since hospitals began reporting this data on April 8th and the lowest total of ventilators in use.​
Today marks the lowest number of COVID-19 positive patients currently hospitalized statewide (1,203) since hospitals began reporting this data on April 8th.​
Today also marks the lowest total of ventilators in use (897 with 1,945 available).​

Wrong. Fauci is right.

View attachment 334712
Over all numbers will go hgher as more and more testing is done. The real metric of this disease are the numbers of new hosptializations and those have not climbed. So the majority of those being affected are those that have little or no symptoms when they get this disease.
Health professions in Ga are already building temporary hospitals to handle the surge they are expecting
LOL

They began expanding their capacity months ago. They understand that it will spike the cases to a certain level but as the population becomes immune to it the rate of infections will drop and the needs will also drop. Absent a vaccine there is only one way to beat a pathogen, its called herd immunity. Staying at home prolongs this process but you will still become infected. Its time to stop hiding from this virus and beat it. With 98% of the populace not having a problem with getting this virus and becoming immune we can protect those who are most at risk and still get on with life.
Not one shred of evidence exists proving herd immunity is a viable concept for this kind of virus.
Not one shred of evidence exists proving the shutdown is a viable concept for this kind of virus.

Herd immunity, on the other hand, is a well established concept supported by centuries of empirical data.
You are 100% wrong and the exact opposite of your claims are fact. Empirical data accurately proves shutdowns and lockdowns work and if herd immunity for Corona viruses worked no one would ever get common colds, which are caused by a coronavirus. The reason is known to science. Some viruses, Coronaviruses included, are able to change and adapt.
Really? How does it prove that?

You're understanding is obviously wrong because herd immunity requires that a certain people contract the virus. I don't know how colds work, but we have flu every year or two because a new strain comes out every year or two. I believe the as me thing happens with colds, but they are much less serious so no one panics about it.
We fight yearly flu with vaccines. You are comfortable with giving all this life or death advice and opinions on COVID-19 and pandemics yet freely admit you know nothing abour the common cold. You even think the flu comes "every year or two"(your words).
People like you or anyone else with little medical knowledge should shut up and stop fantasizing about being scholarly and of high ranging intelligence. You are giving dangerous and poor advice and opinions. Think about it, you are advising on Coronavirus and admitting you know nothing about the common cold.

We fight yearly flu not very well, just FYI. Flu vaccines are far from 100% effective, even when the medical experts guess right about which strain of the flu will be dominant that season. In the years where they guess wrong, flu vaccines are as effective as just shooting people with distilled water.

You are comfortable talking about the wonders of lockdowns and how they "work" without telling us what "lockdowns working" actually means, and without telling us what purpose they actually serve if no vaccine is possible. You are sitting back and criticizing and complaining about how everyone else's plans and suggestions are impossible and dangerous, without offering anything solid yourself.
I rely on what medical experts say and promote. For some odd reason, I have more trust in them than politicians and partisan hacks. So, if doctors tell me not to do something and some politician tells me not to listen to the doctors, I will probably ignore the politicians.

All of the doctors that I know just aren't concerned. Theyre more concerned about having a job.
Then doctors you know are dumb to say something like that. I know lots of doctors and they will never say something like that.

I come from a family with a bunch of doctors. I'm the black sheep. I didn't become one or go into the medical field.

I know a ton of doctors and those who work in the medical field In my family and friends.

Not even ONE of them has ever said they aren't concerned with the virus and are more concerned with having a job.

No doctor would ever say such a thing. Ever.

They would say if they're seeing virus patients or not but never say they aren't concerned about it and more concerned about having a job.

Health care and doctors offices have not been closed. They are essential services. They have had to modify their offices for social distancing but that's about it.

Dentists aren't open but are working on an emergency cases basis.

Elective surgeries have been canceled.

The fact that the far right radical lying conservative added hoping they still have a job on the end of their lie, exposes the lie for what it is.

Heath care is essential services and aren't closed.
It may be essential but the manner in which everything is locked down is seeing massive layoffs in the healthcare field and the possibility of hospital closures as a function of economics due to those 'elective' procedures being stopped.

That wording is crap too, it is not elective procedure but rather non imminent procedures that have been blocked. My son is not able to go to his doctor for things that are not elective in any shape of form, they are absolutely necessary. They just are not necessary to be completed this month.

Dr. Fauci is not wrong. Georgia just opened so give it a chance. South Korea had been closed and had very good results. Now they have opened and the virus has spiked.
Which is going to happen no matter how long you keep people locked inside.

The virus is not going away so whenever people start going out again there will be new cases.

The only way the virus can go away is through herd immunity, which locks downs prevent.
and even then it won't be gone humans will just have a better immune response to it

Dr. Fauci is not wrong. Georgia just opened so give it a chance. South Korea had been closed and had very good results. Now they have opened and the virus has spiked.

The virus is not going away so whenever people start going out again there will be new cases.

The only way the virus can go away is through herd immunity, which locks downs prevent.
Could you kindly provide a link for a reputable medical institute that has published evidence of COVID-19 being a herd immunity virus?
The fact is most people who get it don't die.

We have no idea how many people have had the virus and never really got sick or whose symptoms were so mild they never went to a doctor.

Not necessarily whenever. As the virus has nowhere to go, it will eventually dissipate. Testing and vaccines are the answer, and all should wear face masks now, which is not happening due to Trump's unwillingness to wear a mask.
Do you Trump supporters realize that he does NOT know anything about medicine or science? Nada, niet, zappo
and yet he keeps dissing those who do know? Did you ever ask yourself why? He doesn't care about people since he is totally lacking in empathy, so it has to be political.
No it won't

Has influenza "dissipated"?

And FYI I didn't vote for Trump and am not much of a fan.

So don't go assigning political reasons for what I say when you have no fucking clue what my political leanings are.

The virus is in the environment and it will stay there just like the influenza virus, Rabies, Ebola and the countless others that exist.

The fact that most new cases in NY are among people who were staying home should tell you something.

It is not about you, Gumby. It is all about Trump and his nefarious behavior, so don't flatter your fucking self. Influenza and this virus are 2 different animals so let's not compare. Will it stand around and wait for somebody to come outside? We must give it time, and we are not due to the pressure being put on the states by Trump.
What the New york cases tell me is that houses and apartments are one on top of another, people do go outside for a deep breath even if it is right outside their residences and may even have friends over to quarantine for a couple of hours together. I have seen it where I live, so don't use overly crowded New York as your example.

No Fuckstick you said to me "You Trump supporters" which I have highlighted in the quote tree above so you can't deny saying it.

And it doesn't matter where you are at this point. The minute people start returning to life as normal there will be new cases.

It isn't fucking rocket science.

And the entire goal of this stay home plan was not to prevent people from getting the virus it was to merely slow the contagion rate so as not to overwhelm our inadequate medical services.

So now this corona virus is in the environment and it will stay there and in all reality will be just another flu bug once enough people are exposed or vaccinated for it

Fakeys blubbering about “opening up again will cause sickness and death that could have been avoided” is worst case scenario pre Monday morning quartering once again.
Guess what idiot-waiting for the perfect moment to reopen is far worse and a continuation of the overreaction
And guess what again insipid twerp-there Will Be be some pain and suffering in reopening, it's the unavoidable nature of extricating us from this ill advised jackpot.
Shut your pie hole about safe and perfect reopening, there is far far more to life than sheltering and protecting perfect health.
The pussification of America is in full swing led by a chest puffing midget who is having his days in the spotlight and thinks like, and is forcing upon us a movement toward perfect health which has Never been an American way of life.
As soon as we reopen Fakey is off center stage and he knows it. When did we sign our lives over to the health department?

Last edited:
And the entire goal of this stay home plan was not to prevent people from getting the virus it was to merely slow the contagion rate so as not to overwhelm our inadequate medical services.
Didn't you assholes used to tell us we had the best medical system in the world?

Who knew South Korea's was better...or NORWAY'S

Wrong. Fauci is right.

View attachment 334712
Health professions in Ga are already building temporary hospitals to handle the surge they are expecting
LOL

They began expanding their capacity months ago. They understand that it will spike the cases to a certain level but as the population becomes immune to it the rate of infections will drop and the needs will also drop. Absent a vaccine there is only one way to beat a pathogen, its called herd immunity. Staying at home prolongs this process but you will still become infected. Its time to stop hiding from this virus and beat it. With 98% of the populace not having a problem with getting this virus and becoming immune we can protect those who are most at risk and still get on with life.
Not one shred of evidence exists proving herd immunity is a viable concept for this kind of virus.
:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Tell that to all epidemiologists doctors world wide and the science. Its well established science.
You have been brainwashed. No evidence exist proving people can achieve herd immunity to COVID-19 for a sustainable period. The common cold is caused by a coronavirus. Why do we still all get common colds? Coronaviruses quickly mutate. What you become immune to simply comes back next week or month in a different variation.

Then why isn't SARS and MERS running roughshod over the world? You can't broadbrush viral pathogenic mechanisms by selecting one viral species that has the features you want from an entire family of viruses and then ascribe those features to another virus species in that family as if it proves your point. That is asinine and lacks any scientific rigor.

I am ready to end the Shamdemic and take my chances with the Kung Flu

Seriously?

Thank you.

I'm sorry for your losses too.

My aunt was in a physical therapy rehab facility. She fell and hurt her hip. She was in her late 80s. She was fine and healthy just recovering from the fall.

She got the virus at the facility. She died there. Alone. One of my cousins was able to FaceTime with her 2 days before she died.

Don't feel bad about putting someone who has advanced dementia in a facility. My grandmother and mother had Alzheimers. I know that once they get to a certain stage of the disease, the have to be put in a facility and the side that is locked for their own safety and protection. They will wander. They get lost and die that way. I remember reading an article some years ago about an Alzheimers patient who was at home but was allowed to just wander around. He went to the wrong house thinking it was his. He was shot and killed on the porch. My grandmother was found roaming the neighborhood at night alone. My mom was roaming the senior facility she was living in knocking on doors looking for people who weren't there. Both were put in the locked up side of a facility for their own safety at the age of 75.

Yes the virus has taken a huge toll on nursing homes here and around the world. The people who are our most vulnerable, who spent their lives contributing to our world, are now seen, at least in America by trump people, as expendable because they are not productive. It's sick.

Yes the private for profit places are the ones who are having the worst time. They aren't there to serve the residents. That's not their purpose. Their purpose is to make money. So when that's the purpose the people living there suffer.

My Friends mom died of it...alone. She was early 60s and healthy

Another friends uncle died in a nursing home...alone

A very good friend fought it for almost 2 months. Was intubated and recovered enough to be sent to rehab. Was recovering and then relapsed.The damage to his body even though he was covid free was too much. His heart gave out. No wake ...no funeral...except immediate family. Yea he was 72...but he was an ex cop and tough as nails...

I miss him...always will

Another very good friend got it early on. Early 50s. Non smoker..healthy. Had the virus for 3 weeks,,,was virus free and recovering and then everything went south. Lung embolism...stroke....she's out of the hospital but has a long road to recovery

My mom died 1/3. Spared this bullshit as she was in a care home.
I know whereof I speak.
More later

Didn't you assholes used to tell us we had the best medical system in the world?

Who knew South Korea's was better...or NORWAY'S
Ok here we go again, Fuckstick

Why don't you find the post where I ever said that and quote it? If you're going to make up shit and attribute to me so you can then argue against it don't fucking bother replying to any of my posts

FYI Since this corona shit started I have been saying that our medical system is not up to it because hospitals are run at or very near 100% capacity all the time and depends on just in time inventory so when the shit hits the fan there is no flexibility

Not necessarily whenever. As the virus has nowhere to go, it will eventually dissipate. Testing and vaccines are the answer, and all should wear face masks now, which is not happening due to Trump's unwillingness to wear a mask.
Do you Trump supporters realize that he does NOT know anything about medicine or science? Nada, niet, zappo
and yet he keeps dissing those who do know? Did you ever ask yourself why? He doesn't care about people since he is totally lacking in empathy, so it has to be political.
No it won't

Has influenza "dissipated"?

And FYI I didn't vote for Trump and am not much of a fan.

So don't go assigning political reasons for what I say when you have no fucking clue what my political leanings are.

The virus is in the environment and it will stay there just like the influenza virus, Rabies, Ebola and the countless others that exist.

The fact that most new cases in NY are among people who were staying home should tell you something.

It is not about you, Gumby. It is all about Trump and his nefarious behavior, so don't flatter your fucking self. Influenza and this virus are 2 different animals so let's not compare. Will it stand around and wait for somebody to come outside? We must give it time, and we are not due to the pressure being put on the states by Trump.
What the New york cases tell me is that houses and apartments are one on top of another, people do go outside for a deep breath even if it is right outside their residences and may even have friends over to quarantine for a couple of hours together. I have seen it where I live, so don't use overly crowded New York as your example.

No Fuckstick you said to me "You Trump supporters" which I have highlighted in the quote tree above so you can't deny saying it.

And it doesn't matter where you are at this point. The minute people start returning to life as normal there will be new cases.

It isn't fucking rocket science.

So now this corona virus is in the environment and it will stay there and in all reality will be just another flu bug once enough people are exposed or vaccinated for it
The term "you Trump supporters" was referring to your believing that Trump is the second coming of Christ, and not the simple grifter that he is. He reacts for political reasons has no empathy for you or me, and he has no knowledge of science or medicine. You are an ignorant person and he is very aware of that when he froths at the mouth.

Forum List

Back