NASA set to reveal "major announcement" of something rover found...

Isn't that where they found the pyramid? Boy it would be cool if they found something actually exciting, like evidence of a civilization or at least an alien craft instead of evidence of a one celled organism from 3 billion years ago.

The Pyramids in Egypt OL not on Mars, I know this as I have visited The Pyramids in Egypt and I know I was not on Mars.
I'm so glad you knew where you were. This is the "pyramid" I'm referring to. Pics from Rover.

pyramid-on-Mars1.jpg

Mars pyramid nasa - Google Search:
that's about the size of a car.

full pic:
o-MARS-PYRAMID-ARROW-570.jpg

The only thing that could be 'major' is the finding of some form of fossilized microscopic life that cannot be refuted. Everything else falls into the 'moderately interesting' category of discovery.

well, they did just say that it proves that mars had lakes and rivers for hundreds of thousands, if not millions of years

This all implies that Mars had a higher probability of having been plush with life during that period.....which is crazy!~ It could basically be now what our earth will be, when our sun fizzles.
Now i wonder how it had water without it freezing. Did our sun have a long period of intense warming? Long enough for life to develop?

they said it isnt evidence of life.

so0o0o, nothing burger.
NASA’s Curiosity rover has found new evidence preserved in rocks on Mars that suggests the planet could have supported ancient life, as well as new evidence in the Martian atmosphere that relates to the search for current life on the Red Planet. While not necessarily evidence of life itself, these findings are a good sign for future missions exploring the planet’s surface and subsurface.

The new findings – “tough” organic molecules in three-billion-year-old sedimentary rocks near the surface, as well as seasonal variations in the levels of methane in the atmosphere – appear in the June 8 edition of the journal Science.

NASA Finds Ancient Organic Material, Mysterious Methane on Mars

Not so big....bastards.
What they found was Thiophene, which is 4 parts carbon and one part sulphur. It is known only to exist to bind molecules in organic organisms.
So....like before, they found signs of organisms...not the organisms themselves.

Also they found seasonal methane content variations in the atmosphere that is "massive variations" that is seasonal.
This would be another sign of past life or could be released by current life somewhere.

To clarify a point I made before, I was saying "they found microorganisms before" - that was an errant statement. What they found before was soil discoloration consistent with microbes, and tiny stones that very much look like fossilized organisms.
SO today's find is another sign of life.

well, they did just say that it proves that mars had lakes and rivers for hundreds of thousands, if not millions of years

This all implies that Mars had a higher probability of having been plush with life during that period.....which is crazy!~ It could basically be now what our earth will be, when our sun fizzles.
Now i wonder how it had water without it freezing. Did our sun have a long period of intense warming? Long enough for life to develop?
Just a couple weeks ago I saw on--probably One Strange Rock--that when the Bang happened and the planets coalesced, probably Mars and possibly some of the others had conditions to support life, but some were too far from the sun and some were too close, and we are the Goldilocks where life could be sustained and evolve. But life could have been present for a while on Mars, for sure.

We need to dig! With big machines! Go deep. Hek, that planet needs some AGW anyways

Last edited:

so0o0o, nothing burger.
NASA’s Curiosity rover has found new evidence preserved in rocks on Mars that suggests the planet could have supported ancient life, as well as new evidence in the Martian atmosphere that relates to the search for current life on the Red Planet. While not necessarily evidence of life itself, these findings are a good sign for future missions exploring the planet’s surface and subsurface.

The new findings – “tough” organic molecules in three-billion-year-old sedimentary rocks near the surface, as well as seasonal variations in the levels of methane in the atmosphere – appear in the June 8 edition of the journal Science.

yepp, suggests it could have supported life.

doesnt suggest anything else, and nasa is on livestream right now and said that verbatim

Just a couple weeks ago I saw on--probably One Strange Rock--that when the Bang happened and the planets coalesced, probably Mars and possibly some of the others had conditions to support life, but some were too far from the sun and some were too close, and we are the Goldilocks where life could be sustained and evolve. But life could have been present for a while on Mars, for sure.
Yep. They believe that it once had an atmosphere that could have supported liquid water, and that it burned off.

We often forget that we're talking about billions of years. A lot of stuff could come and gone a long time ago.

so0o0o, nothing burger.

doesnt suggest anything else, and nasa is on livestream right now and said that verbatim
I was hoping for a rusted out alien craft, myself.

so0o0o, nothing burger.

that would have been awesome. Now im sad :/

so0o0o, nothing burger.

Scientists get excited about noninteresting stuff sometimes.

so0o0o, nothing burger.

that'd be great

you know, it's not out of the question that a human-level or greater civilization existed......and was shy of inter-planetary travel and thus perished with the planet. It's not even far fetched, either. Humans are like 200k years old.....the universe is ba ba ba billions

so0o0o, nothing burger.

that'd be great

you know, it's not out of the question that a human-level or greater civilization existed......and was shy of inter-planetary travel and thus perished with the planet. It's not even far fetched, either. Humans are like 200k years old.....the universe is ba ba ba billions
or....maybe they traveled here, and we are all Martians.

so0o0o, nothing burger.

that'd be great

or....maybe they traveled here, and we are all Martians.
I'd believe that if our fossil chain weren't discovered...lol, and in our pre-evolved form I uhhhh...we werent capable of interplanetary travel.

I suppose some advanced species may have planted the first seeds of overall life here though. Even an asteroid from any of the trillions of other planets.

Isn't that where they found the pyramid? Boy it would be cool if they found something actually exciting, like evidence of a civilization or at least an alien craft instead of evidence of a one celled organism from 3 billion years ago.

Wouldn't it be?
Will all of the hype they are putting into it, it better be good. Any kind of sentient life would be beyond incredible.
Hell, I'd be more than thrilled with microorganisms. Either way, next up is Titan and Enceladus. I'd bet (a little) that some kind of life exists in our solar system, not to mention the one billion trillion OTHER solar systems.

My bet is it found evidence of advanced organisms... such as some kind of organism with a vertebrae
Any kind of life would be great, present or past. That opens up some doors!
Help me out here. If we know what the current conditions are on Mars, why does it matter if it had early life forms 3 billion years ago. At one point it supported water; now it doesn't. How does that help us now? I'm hearing that we want to colonize Mars; Elon Musk has actually built ships to take us there. So what diff if it had single cell organisms 3 billion years ago?
Just wondering why that matters to anyone--if you ask me they're doing more than looking for some signs of early life. They're doing a lot more than that.

Forum List

Back