NASCAR joins backlash over Indiana religious freedom law

Whoever runs as the democrat candidate for president should definitely not go to Indiana.

I think it is interesting that corporations or institutions would use their power of the purse to pursue pointless division politics in order to present the image they care about the irrelevant. It seems to me that it would go further to threaten withdrawal if Indiana does not establish "sexual orientation" as a protected anti-discrimination class ... Than to withdraw as a knee-jerk response to provisions not supplied in the text of the legislation ... In order to run and hide from accountability as far as actually accomplishing anything worthwhile.

I don't boycott any business but I do have a list of the ones I don't patronize because of their liberal butt kissing policies. These enterprises should be completely neutral.

I don't boycott any business but I do have a list of the ones I don't patronize because of their liberal butt kissing policies. These enterprises should be completely neutral.

I have short list of businesses I do not patronize or grace their doorstep.
In my case it has more to do with their inability to understand that I have the money and don't give a shit what their politics is.
Even more often nowadays ... My objections don't go as far as to get to the "don't give a shit about their politics" part ... Because businesses are pretty messed up and trip over their dicks in regards to the "I have the money" part.

I think it is interesting that corporations or institutions would use their power of the purse to pursue pointless division politics in order to present the image they care about the irrelevant. It seems to me that it would go further to threaten withdrawal if Indiana does not establish "sexual orientation" as a protected anti-discrimination class ... Than to withdraw as a knee-jerk response to provisions not supplied in the text of the legislation ... In order to run and hide from accountability as far as actually accomplishing anything worthwhile.

I think it's great when businesses consider the local climate before opening up offices/moving there.

Like if Roe were overturned and states got to vote on women's civil rights...you'd have states that kept Roe in tact and states that overturned it. The thing is that if you're Bank of America or Wal*Mart and you want to transfer a female to a state that outlawed Roe...you may not be able to entice her to take a pass on civil rights in the interest of managing a branch or store. It not only makes the playing field unlevel for the people involved, it makes the playing field more treacherous for businesses who now have to consider the local ordinances.

The real hilarity behind the Indiana law is that religious freedoms are not under attack. The law was needless and Indiana stands to lose tens of millions of dollars for something nobody needed or wanted outside of the political class.

I can't wait for conservatives to start saying they're boycotting NASCAR. :rofl:

Remember when ESPN fired Rush for his silly remarks about Donovan McNabb?

Limbaugh s comments touch off controversy - NFL - ESPN

That lasted about 40 seconds....about how long it took them to throw Romney under the bus when he lost.
I don't watch ESPN because of their PC attitude. And Rush Is Right about the PCMFers..
That's one of the great things about sports. That no matter what assholes say about you, what racists may say about you, etc... if you can play you will get the chance to shut them all up. ESPN knows that and they won't burn themselves by excluding someone who can make them look like fools. Rush Limbaugh looked like a fool. He has no place in sports.

I can't wait for conservatives to start saying they're boycotting NASCAR. :rofl:

That lasted about 40 seconds....about how long it took them to throw Romney under the bus when he lost.
I don't watch ESPN because of their PC attitude. And Rush Is Right about the PCMFers..

I'm sure they miss you.

I think it's great when businesses consider the local climate before opening up offices/moving there.

Like if Roe were overturned and states got to vote on women's civil rights...you'd have states that kept Roe in tact and states that overturned it. The thing is that if you're Bank of America or Wal*Mart and you want to transfer a female to a state that outlawed Roe...you may not be able to entice her to take a pass on civil rights in the interest of managing a branch or store. It not only makes the playing field unlevel for the people involved, it makes the playing field more treacherous for businesses who now have to consider the local ordinances.

The real hilarity behind the Indiana law is that religious freedoms are not under attack. The law was needless and Indiana stands to lose tens of millions of dollars for something nobody needed or wanted outside of the political class.

Businesses will be vary weary of setting up shop in Indiania if they have to recruit people from out of state, educated people aren't and don't want to bring their families to that type of environment

Businesses will be vary weary of setting up shop if they have to recruit people from out of state, educated people aren't and don't want to brig their families to that type of environment
That type of environment... Like the entire USA, which has the same -federal- law?

I can agree with that ... And don't even need qualifiers as to what legislation should be examined.
There is a difference though when existing relations can be used to progress a positive outcome versus simply to punish the state.
One is the ability to promote corrective action while the other is economic terrorism.

When corporations act out of fear of reprisal over their perceived political stance ... Then that neither addresses actual progress nor genuine concern.
Personally I would prefer businesses get back to ensuring the customer gets what they want ... Without all the useless pandering that does nothing more than take focus off of customer service.

If you want to be a business and sell the highest quality goods at the best applicable price ... And conduct YOUR business in a reasonable and responsible manner ... I don't give a crap what your politics are because I didn't come for a lecture ... I want something you sell.

Bill Clinton singed the same law into effect back in 1993.
Where were you mindless partisan bigots back then?
No he didn't. You should probably read the laws before saying something stupid next time.
As usual, you do not have any idea of what you're talking about, or you do and simply choose to lie.

I'm sure they miss you.
They won't miss me but they'll grieve for my money.

I can agree with that ... And don't even need qualifiers as to what legislation should be examined.
There is a difference though when existing relations can be used to progress a positive outcome versus simply to punish the state.
One is the ability to promote corrective action while the other is economic terrorism.

When corporations act out of fear of reprisal over their perceived political stance ... Then that neither addresses actual progress nor genuine concern.
Personally I would prefer businesses get back to ensuring the customer gets what they want ... Without all the useless pandering that does nothing more than take focus off of customer service.

If you want to be a business and sell the highest quality goods at the best applicable price ... And conduct YOUR business in a reasonable and responsible manner ... I don't give a crap what your politics are because I didn't come for a lecture ... I want something you sell.

My liberal friends are shocked when I suggest we go to Chik-fil-A for lunch or a snack given their politics. I explain that the local franchisee has likely zero interest in the owner's politics, likely couldn't pick the owner out of a police line-up, likely has very different views than the owner, that the food is good (although in the last two visits, it hasn't been), the stores are clean, there are fresh flowers on the table, and a pole with Old Glory on it in the parking lot.

The price of the brownies is outrageous and I pass on them.

Chick Fil A being overwhelmed Page 4 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Bill Clinton singed the same law into effect back in 1993.
Where were you mindless partisan bigots back then?
No he didn't. You should probably read the laws before saying something stupid next time.
As usual, you do not have any idea of what you're talking about, or you do and simply choose to lie.
The Clinton law affected disputes between people and the government. It allowed things like letting Muslims keep trimmed beards in jail and allowing Churches to feed the homeless in public spaces. The Indiana law affects disputes between private citizens. Effectively legalizing discrimination based on whatever the hell religious beliefs you claim to have.

So again, read the laws before you sound like an idiot again.

I'm sure they miss you.
They won't miss me but they'll grieve for my money.

They've got plenty of their own. Nobody misses you...nobody ever has.

Forum List

Back