Nashville Flower Shop Refuses Business with Republicans.

The baker won his case.

So you’re fine with the florist winning too?
Yes, the baker won, but the lefty queers and their supporters punished him. It cost him a lot because he wouldn't submit. The florist isn't going to be punished. Republicans aren't nasty vile hateful bastards like democrats are.

Yes, the baker won, but the lefty queers and their supporters punished him. It cost him a lot because he wouldn't submit. The florist isn't going to be punished. Republicans aren't nasty vile hateful bastards like democrats are.
How was the baker punished if he won his case?

Awesome .. so a Republican could just go in and say they were Democrat .... and then laugh of the floral shop after the purchase is complete.

Are you really this stupid?

The flower shop refused to provide flowers for the Republican convention, not an individual Republican.

Interesting that the first line of Republican defence is to lie about who they are. Very Republican of you.

Ok you all, I wouldn’t even bother using the Colorado baker argument. I’ve been down that road, and you will NEVER get them to agree with you that religious freedom is a thing.
Sure it is... for individuals. Businesses aren't individuals.

Just accept that a florist in Nashville will not serve republicans…it is what it is. Just move on down to the next florist. Who know, this could come back ti bite them somewhere. Maybe a town where the local grocery store is the only place to buy groceries for 20 miles, or a gas station, and the owner refuses service to democrats.

I guess... but I wouldn't expect that store to stay in business that long if they are refusing service to half their customers.
And how do they tell, to start with?

Why shouldn't political affiliation be a protected class?

Because it's a choice.

For instance, I shouldn't write resumes for Libertarian Children, because most of you couldn't hold down jobs. You have real problems with authority. It would harm my customers who are serious about finding really good jobs. (And yes, most HR departments can usually tell which resume company wrote your resume.)

Of course, rarely do I know the political affiliation of my customers. I did have one lady once who wanted to get a job with some Libertarian Think Tank. This is a person who stopped listening to Michael Savage because he wasn't crazy enough for her. I wrote two versions for her. One geared for her dream job, and the other more generic when she realized that job probably wasn't coming.

Well, the Baker didn't win, exactly. The court just told the board to not be so dismissive of his bronze age superstitions.
And the board went back, and determined, nope, this guy is still discriminating and in violation of the law.

The real problem is, will the court unleash the crazy of allowing anyone to refuse to obey laws by claiming religious exemptions.

The baker won his case.

So you’re fine with the florist winning too?

No he didn't. They just sent it back to the original court to review there own biases.

There are no grounds to sue the florist because political affiliations are not a protected class. 0f course, voting for Republicans is its own punishment, unless you're a billionaire, so the Republican is going to be screwed in any case.

Sure it is... for individuals. Businesses aren't individuals.

I guess... but I wouldn't expect that store to stay in business that long if they are refusing service to half their customers.
And how do they tell, to start with?

Yeah, not going to go there with you joe, we’ve been here recently, it’s not worth it.

Because it's a choice.
Why does that make a difference?

Even if it did, is religion a choice? Veteran status? And, these days, gender is a choice, right? Yet these are "protected classes". Why not political affiliation? Shouldn't business owners be required treat everyone equally? Or are some more equal than others?
For instance, I shouldn't write resumes for Libertarian Children, because most of you couldn't hold down jobs.
Of course. Insults are your go-to when you have a weak argument. Why do you think your argument is weak? Maybe it's just that your position is wrong?

Nope.
Businesses are public accommodations.
This is a tired conceit, with no more justification than - "They won't do what I want so I'm gonna sick the government on them". "They're not people!", "They chose to open a business, so now they are beholden to the state and must do as they are told"

You want power over other people, power to force them to do your bidding. Any excuse will do.

Are you really this stupid?

The flower shop refused to provide flowers for the Republican convention, not an individual Republican.

Interesting that the first line of Republican defence is to lie about who they are. Very Republican of you.
It's obviously as stupid as the floral shop's public bias against a political party and immature business model. If you really cared about lying .. you'd have much bigger fish to fry. Cheers!

But, but, but what the civil rights of the Republicans? Can we refuse service to people for simply disagreeing with them or by blaming them for something they weren't involved with?

No problem. Political affiliation is not an immutable trait, so this really should not be considered discriminatory practice. But, then again, trans and gay are not immutable either.

No problem. Political affiliation is not an immutable trait ..
I keep seeing that excuse. Why does it matter?

Also, there are protected classes that aren't immutable traits, so that doesn't really seem to be a requirement.

I keep seeing that excuse. Why does it matter?

Also, there are protected classes that aren't immutable traits, so that doesn't really seem to be a requirement.

What protected class has no immutable traits?

Religion does, but is protected under the constitution.

Gay is, but we are seeing the fruits of allowing non immutable traits afforded these protections with “transgenders”

No he didn't. They just sent it back to the original court to review there own biases.

There are no grounds to sue the florist because political affiliations are not a protected class. 0f course, voting for Republicans is its own punishment, unless you're a billionaire, so the Republican is going to be screwed in any case.

In some States they are.

You do know 9 of the 10 richest counties in the US vote Dem right?

Dems aren't the party of the working class anymore. They are the party of race/sexuality/gender hustlers, guilty rich "educated" whites, and under 40 single miserable women.

Forum List

Back