Nashville Flower Shop Refuses Business with Republicans.

Isn't this some kind of discrimination?

Oh boy. :popcorn:

I’ll tell you right now, the answer is no, and the reason is, political affiliation is not a protected class….I know…I had a big ole thread about that here a while ago.

But, it will be interesting to see how the PA crowd defends this one.

You were fine with the baker not being required to bake the cake, so you’re fine with the florist’s decision too, right?

Right?!
I am. And this is exactly why. I wouldn't claim prescience, but I saw this coming. If the government can force people to service gays (or any minority covered by a "protected class") against their will, they can, in due course, force them to service the ruling regime's brownshirts against their will. I'm not gonna go digging for the post, but many years ago I predicted that political affiliation would become a protected class, which would be the beginning of the end for the US. And here we are. I give it five years, tops.

I am. And this is exactly why. I wouldn't claim prescience, but I saw this coming. If the government can force people to service gays (or any minority covered by a "protected class") against their will, they can tell them to service their brownshirts against their will in due course. I'm not gonna go digging for the post, but many years ago I predicted that political affiliation would become a protected class, which would be the beginning of the end for the US.
Actually I remember discussing that with you a long time ago.

You had a problem with the baker. You started this shit, not me. Hypocrite. Go play your game with some naive college kids.
I see you couldn’t address your hypocrisy. Care to try again?

I’m fine with the decision to allow the baker not to bake the cake. What I said at the time is that it would open up similar situations directed at conservatives that you guys wouldn’t be happy about.

You guys just aren’t very perceptive. You take your little victories without taking the time to consider the bigger picture consequences. And you sure as hell can‘t answer for your hypocrisy.

Actually, there's nothing in TN's public accommodation law that prevents political discrimination. I can totally throw you out of my store for wearing a MAGA hat or a Swastika Armband (Pretty much the same thing as far as I'm concerned.)

TN's version of PA laws, posted above, doesn't have protections for sexual orientation or identity. CO and OR do, which is why certain Homophobic Bakers have gotten to pay big old fines.

Hmm, one could argue that “creed” could encompass a political belief…I mean, it could be argued..

A rose is a rose is a rose.

Like G.Stein said!

How can you deny flowers to human beings LOL!

I see you couldn’t address your hypocrisy. Care to try again?

I’m fine with the decision to allow the baker not to bake the cake. What I said at the time is that it would open up similar situations directed at conservatives that you guys wouldn’t be happy about.

You guys just aren’t very perceptive. You take your little victories without taking the time to consider the bigger picture consequences. And you sure as hell can‘t answer for your hypocrisy.
The hypocrisy is on the left. They're the ones targeting Christians to further a political agenda and destroy those who won't submit. The Republicans just wanted to buy some balloons. Try again.

Ok you all, I wouldn’t even bother using the Colorado baker argument. I’ve been down that road, and you will NEVER get them to agree with you that religious freedom is a thing.

Just accept that a florist in Nashville will not serve republicans…it is what it is. Just move on down to the next florist. Who know, this could come back ti bite them somewhere. Maybe a town where the local grocery store is the only place to buy groceries for 20 miles, or a gas station, and the owner refuses service to democrats.

Hmm, this could turn into a thing lol

Wait….how does the flower shop know they are republicans? I mean, are they waking in and announcing it? “I’m a Republican, and I need flowers!”
Probably were wearing MAGA caps. If you see some guy wearing a vagina hat, a nose ring, purple hair, and panty hose, doesn't take a scientist to figure out it's an idiot democrat.

Forum List

Back