National Firearm Owner's Identification (FOID) Card

This way, they'll know exactly who needs to be taken out first and without warning.

Ugh... Please take literally 1 minute to actually read the source article.

The point of EVERYONE being assigned a FOID card is so that everyone would be considered a gun owner, even if they weren't.

In other words, it eliminates the gun owners registry excuse because everyone is included in it regardless if they are a gun owner or not.

What's the point of classifying people into a class they may or may not fit? Doesn't that make the entire classification meaningless?
Yes, which is why one would apply for a license once he’s an adult.

That doesn't follow the post I quoted. That one said "everyone would be considered a gun owner even if they weren't" -- which makes the entire consideration utterly meaningless.

Certainly wouldn't be something I'd want foisted on me involuntarily.

Thoughts and opinions...

Is it time for a National Firearm Owner's Identification (FOID) Card: National Firearm Owner's Identification (FOID) Card

"To achieve this uniformity in American gun laws we would like to propose the idea of a National Firearm Owner's Identification (FOID) card system that would apply to EVERY American citizen from birth."

The Democrats say that asking for an ID is racial discrimination.

The second amendment encourages licensing of gun owners

It is needed for a well regulated militia

Such a program would be monumentally expensive with no tangible results
Who cares if it works. If it gets us full repeal of all other gun laws and makes the leftist gun grabbers shut the fuck up, do it and give me my M249.

M249? What ya', some sorta pussy? I want one of these.

rocket-launcher-systems.jpg

Whelp, you're in luck. The 2A sez you can have one. Hell, you can have as many as you can buy.

Of course. Stabbings happen in Britain, so missile launcher control in America is ridiculous.

This way, they'll know exactly who needs to be taken out first and without warning.

The point of EVERYONE being assigned a FOID card is so that everyone would be considered a gun owner, even if they weren't.

In other words, it eliminates the gun owners registry excuse because everyone is included in it regardless if they are a gun owner or not.

What's the point of classifying people into a class they may or may not fit? Doesn't that make the entire classification meaningless?
Yes, which is why one would apply for a license once he’s an adult.

That doesn't follow the post I quoted. That one said "everyone would be considered a gun owner even if they weren't" -- which makes the entire consideration utterly meaningless.

Certainly wouldn't be something I'd want foisted on me involuntarily.

If you didn't assign a FOID card to EVERY citizen, regardless of gun ownership, then groups such as the NRA would accuse you of trying to create a gun owners only registration.

By including everyone in a national FOID card system that argument falls flat.

Who cares if it works. If it gets us full repeal of all other gun laws and makes the leftist gun grabbers shut the fuck up, do it and give me my M249.

Whelp, you're in luck. The 2A sez you can have one. Hell, you can have as many as you can buy.

Of course. Stabbings happen in Britain, so missile launcher control in America is ridiculous.

Terrorist sympathizers will have a field day shooting down aircraft & blowing up schools with that thing.

We don't need an ID card to consider everyone a (potential) gun owner. We already have the Second Amendment for that.

If all you're looking for is a registry of citizens, we have Social Security cards for that already.

Again, I fail to see the accomplishment here.

Thoughts and opinions...

Is it time for a National Firearm Owner's Identification (FOID) Card: National Firearm Owner's Identification (FOID) Card

"To achieve this uniformity in American gun laws we would like to propose the idea of a National Firearm Owner's Identification (FOID) card system that would apply to EVERY American citizen from birth."
What is the point of this stupid idea?

It won't stop crime anymore than a driver's license stops driving under the influence.

We don't need an ID card to consider everyone a (potential) gun owner. We already have the Second Amendment for that.

If all you're looking for is a registry of citizens, we have Social Security cards for that already.

Again, I fail to see the accomplishment h
I think the idea is to have a universal method of determining and montering eligibility so that vviolent or bat-shit crazy people are universally banned from purchase. I don't see why the SS number couldn't serve that purpose, other than the fact that Mexicans are using our SSNs to steal welfare benefits.

It won't stop crime anymore than a driver's license stops driving under the influence
If it shut them the fuck up, it may be worth doing, but only if all other restrictions are removed. SBRs and machune guns would no longer be regulated. Eligible means eligible, period, or they can fuck off with this shit.

It won't stop crime anymore than a driver's license stops driving under the influence
If it shut them the fuck up, it may be worth doing, but only if all other restrictions are removed. SBRs and machune guns would no longer be regulated. Eligible means eligible, period, or they can fuck off with this shit.
It won't shut them up. Only a fool would believe so.

Forum List

Back