🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

National Gun Registry

when you buy a gun legally, the dealer inputs a form with your name, SS#, etc. That data is recorded along with the serial number of the gun. The govt already knows what guns you and I have if we bought them recently and legally.

Legally that information must be erased after you pass the background check. So no they do not know what guns we own.

Wrong, it is not erased. they have the serial numbers of all of your guns if you bought them legally and recently.

If I gave you the serial number of one of my guns, could you tell me what kind of gun it is? No. Try this link... What does the government know about you and your guns? | KING5.com Seattle

But no voter ID.

liberal hypocrisy at its worst.

I would like for one liberal to tell me why they object to proving who they are before voting.

you have to prove identity to register to vote, what is wrong with showing the same ID at the polling place?

I don't object to having to show some form of ID in order to vote. I do object to a NGR though. I'm a Liberal.

Legally that information must be erased after you pass the background check. So no they do not know what guns we own.

Wrong, it is not erased. they have the serial numbers of all of your guns if you bought them legally and recently.

If I gave you the serial number of one of my guns, could you tell me what kind of gun it is? No. Try this link... What does the government know about you and your guns? | KING5.com Seattle

I hope that is correct and if it is I stand corrected and relieved. But that is not what I hear from friends in the sheriff's dept and in the legal system. I hope your article is right and they are wrong----------but I have my doubts since I have learned not to trust anything the federal govt says.

But no voter ID.

liberal hypocrisy at its worst.

I would like for one liberal to tell me why they object to proving who they are before voting.

you have to prove identity to register to vote, what is wrong with showing the same ID at the polling place?

I don't object to having to show some form of ID in order to vote. I do object to a NGR though. I'm a Liberal.

a thinking liberal-------wow!

Federal law enforcement gave us the Ruby Ridge siege, Waco and Operation Fast Furious and you want to give them the names of every law abiding citizen who has ever owned a gun? Not a good idea.

If you sell your gun to a known criminal, you should be responsible. Criminal commits a crime with a gun you sold...I'm holding you responsible

For some reason, Canada has a massively lower number of murders than we do

What if you don't know the person you sell your gun to is a criminal?

And the millions of idiots who vote, whether legal or illegal, have done more damage to this country than anyone.

What would be your opposition to a registry in the first place?

It's none of the government's business as to who is in possession of a gun or what kind.

It's your gun it is your responsibility

If it is used in a crime, you should be responsible

What ever happened to the party of personal responsibility?

So if someone hot wired my old 1987 Cadillac (while I was sleeping), which is registered and insured under my name, and then proceeded to have an accident, I would be responsible?

If someone drugged me and took my keys and stole my more modern 2008, then had an accident, would I be responsible?

If someone meticulously broke into my house, entered the attic, and seized any weapon that I own, and I had no idea that they took the weapon for a several weeks, would I be responsible if they commit a crime?

If I died from a heart attack in my backyard, while practicing with my new shotgun, and my neighbor stole it, and killed someone later; would they dig up my body and give me a posthumous trial?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadaver_Synod

Last edited:
If you sell your gun to a known criminal, you should be responsible. Criminal commits a crime with a gun you sold...I'm holding you responsible

And what happens if the person you sold your gun to becomes a criminal after you sold it to him/her?

If he has a permit to purchase firearms it is not your problem

Since I do not own any guns, never have, probably never will, that is no problem. Go ahead and make it a crime for someone to sell their gun to a disqualified person.

Indeed they do, but rather remarkably, states which share a common border with Canada have homicide rates which are substantially similar to the Canadian province or territory with which they adjoin, with the notable exception of New York and Michigan. Thus Washington's, homicide rate is roughly equivalent to British Columbia, Alaska and the Yukon are about the same , Idaho has a slightly lower rate than BC. Montana is a bit higher than Alberta, but a bit lower than Saskatchwan... North Dakota, Wisconsin, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine... Yet many of those states have some of the most lax gun control laws in the US... with the notable exception of New York and Michigan.

Of course the overall homicide rate in Canada as compared to the overall homicide rate in the US was always different ...with the US have more homicides, even before the Canadian gun registration scheme 15 years ago and in fact the US homicide rate has dropped by a much greater percentage in that same time frame as did Canada's So your point is what? That Canada had a lower homicide rate before they tried gun registration and that they have a lower homicide rate after gun registration failed miserably and that gun registration did not do anything to make their homicide rate lower and that in fact the homicide rate decreased at a greater rate in the USA during the same time frame?

OK :eusa_whistle:

Better response:

What if I sold a hammer to a known criminal, even I knew he was a criminal, and he killed his wife with it, am I responsible?

http://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2009/offenses/expanded_information/data/shrtable_08.html

fbicrimestats.png

Last edited:

And what happens if the person you sold your gun to becomes a criminal after you sold it to him/her?

If you sell your gun to someone who has a legal permit, you register the sale and you are off the hook

From that point on, he can't hold a permit

If you sell your gun to someone who has a legal permit, you register the sale and you are off the hook

What permit? So now it's "the Right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed unless you don't have a permit?" Got it.

Last edited:

What permit? So now it's "the Right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed unless you don't have a permit?" Got it.

The Second Amendment is our permit.

Governments do no permit rights, if they did they would be called privledges. The right to self defense in an unalienable right, endowed by our Creator at birth, natural and undeniable.

The enumeration in this Constitution, of certain rights, is not to be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people

You Authoritarian Statists HATE THE NINTH AMENDMENT. The Ninth Amendment is a warning and message for the people, to be aware of tyrants who speak of "Government permitted rights."

Last edited:
It's your gun it is your responsibility

If it is used in a crime, you should be responsible

What ever happened to the party of personal responsibility?

Does that mean that if, for example, I steal your car, and then rob a bank, the bank should be able to get its money from you?

Cars are registered. Drivers are licensed

I am willing to do both for guns.......why aren't you?

Cars are registered? All of them? and no one is driving without a license?

Seriously?

By the way, if you really want to make guns like cars, let's go for it. No background checks, no waiting periods, and a license issued to anyone who is over 18 works for me.

Last edited:
Cars are registered. Drivers are licensed?

Cars are redily visiblle when taken out in public. I have never heard of anyone carrying a concealed car under their coat have you?

I am willing to do both for guns.......why aren't you?

Because it would not do any good... as the Canucks found out after spending $2 billion on their long gun registry over 15 years so they could solve a grand total of one crime. They shut it down in 2011 as the "billion dollar boondoggle". Any legitimate benefits associated with registration require substantial voluntary compliance by the population. Without substantial voluntary comliance, the only value associated with registration is that it allows the government to confiscate those firearms owned by the "uber" law abiding. The fact is there will not be substantial voluntary compliance, so registration will be worthless. Canada after 15 years had a 60% non compliance ratio... Australia 67%... California 70%... What do you think Texas will be? 80%?

Just a waste of time and effort. Our resources would be much better spent on more cops and mental out reach programs and the like. At least you might be able to solve more than one crime in 15 years.

Known criminal? Is there a known criminal database somewhere that I can access?

when you buy a gun legally, the dealer inputs a form with your name, SS#, etc. That data is recorded along with the serial number of the gun. The govt already knows what guns you and I have if we bought them recently and legally.

Only the foolish lemmings would think otherwise.

A back ground check is not a list of what guns you own, so no... We don't already have a gun registry.

That would depend on what state you live in.

Forum List

Back