National security?

you want to seal the border? do away with the anchor baby amendment. no path to citizenship for illegals. cut out entitlements. borders sealed without a single fence.

Or go after the businesses that hire them....

Which means what? Fine them to the point of closure, destroying American businesses? Arrest the owner - with the same results? What happens to the Americans who depend upon those businesses? Do we put them on welfare?

Again, a solution which solves nothing.

you want to seal the border? do away with the anchor baby amendment. no path to citizenship for illegals. cut out entitlements. borders sealed without a single fence.

The vast majority of illegals do not come to this country for either the "anchor baby" or entitlements. They come because they can make more money here for their family than they can where they came from. You solution solves nothing.

it also costs them more to live here. no benefits for minimum wage jobs, no free housing. they learn soon enough they can make more on uncle sam

I can only repeat, you are solving nothing. So what if they only make $5 and hour here with no free housing when back home they make $.50 and hour with no free housing. So long as there is a significant gap in earning power there will be illegals. If you don't address the cause you will have no solution.

1005123_10151394358065927_588770027_n.jpg

1535_10151476682891275_1525226779_n.jpg

has obama stopped the process like he pomised? I didn't think so. So once again you know what you can do with your pointless point.

The point is pretty obvious. You dislike Obama for breaking his promise to stop illegal spying MORE than you hate the act of ILLEGAL SPYING!

Wave that flag, dude. It dances in the wind like your principles

Bad idea.

If a farmer needs 50 people to harvest his crops, and only 3 Americans show up, he needs 47 more workers, but if government only allows 15 here legally, he has no choice but to hire illegals to bring the crops in.

Every prosperous nation has a large immigrant labor force. It's very simple market principles.

Our quota system is completely whacked. We are not meeting the labor demand with the right labor supply.

And immigrants are disproportionately represented in entrepreneurship in America.

We NEED immigrants.

I know this... ;)
My grandfather was a farmer in southern Idaho. My point is, the right never suggests a solution that would get rid of them. They like the cheap labor, but still want to punish the worker.
It's like my friend's mom who lives in Arizona. She claims to hate illegals.... But who do you think mows her lawn?

Which means what? Fine them to the point of closure, destroying American businesses? Arrest the owner - with the same results? What happens to the Americans who depend upon those businesses? Do we put them on welfare?

it means the alternative, outsource the jobs to china

Thanks for proving my point.

Bad idea.

If a farmer needs 50 people to harvest his crops, and only 3 Americans show up, he needs 47 more workers, but if government only allows 15 here legally, he has no choice but to hire illegals to bring the crops in.

Every prosperous nation has a large immigrant labor force. It's very simple market principles.

Our quota system is completely whacked. We are not meeting the labor demand with the right labor supply.

And immigrants are disproportionately represented in entrepreneurship in America.

We NEED immigrants.

I know this... ;)
My grandfather was a farmer in southern Idaho. My point is, the right never suggests a solution that would get rid of them. They like the cheap labor, but still want to punish the worker.
It's like my friend's mom who lives in Arizona. She claims to hate illegals.... But who do you think mows her lawn?

:up:

Bad idea.

We NEED immigrants.

I know this... ;)

and cheap labor is not the problem. we always had a very successful migrant worker program in the country. the problem started when they began to abuse the laws in this country. ooooh, i had a kid here, my kid is a citizen, i'm not leaving either. what? I can get free healthcare just by showing up to your ememrgency room? I can get welfare? food stamps? housing assistance? you will give me voucheres for my utilities? a free phone with minutes? you will pay for my college and give me gas vouchers to get there?

Bringing our troops home from everywhere would be in the best interests of national security. I don't know why people get so damned upset about peoplecrossing the Rio Grande to mow their lawns and clean their houses.

"Sealing our borders". Spying on Americans. A DHS camera on every corner. National identify papers. Either way, you are asking for a police state.

and obama is giving us one

Remind me who created the DHS, who started spying on Americans, and who passed the Real ID law, please?

Bush was wrong for overseeing the creation of those departments, and Obama was wrong for promising transparency while perpetuating all of these secret, privacy invading operations in a secret manner.

I completely dislike Bush, Cheney, and that group of war mongering crony capitalists, but Obama (in a way) is almost more dangerous because he's so damn deceptive. People knew what they were getting with Bush; but with Obama you're made to think a man who actually cares about transparency is in office while actually the exact opposite is occurring..

Bad idea.

We NEED immigrants.

I know this... ;)

and cheap labor is not the problem. we always had a very successful migrant worker program in the country. the problem started when they began to abuse the laws in this country. ooooh, i had a kid here, my kid is a citizen, i'm not leaving either. what? I can get free healthcare just by showing up to your ememrgency room? I can get welfare? food stamps? housing assistance? you will give me voucheres for my utilities? a free phone with minutes? you will pay for my college and give me gas vouchers to get there?

Show me what percentage of illegals get housing assistance.

Do you think the company that pays them cheap wages should eat some of cost of providing them certain services?

Bad idea.

We NEED immigrants.

I know this... ;)

Illegals are not eligible for food stamps, welfare, housing assistance, free phones, etc.

Hospitals suffer only about $50 billion of losses in emergency room care each year out of more than $2.5 trillion spent on health care. That loss includes free care given to citizens and immigrants alike.

When you eat an Apple from Washington State always remember an illegal probably picked it. How about an Idaho potato?

When you eat an Apple from Washington State always remember an illegal probably picked it. How about an Idaho potato?

If we would just run off the illegals, Americans would leave their suburban homes every morning, pile into their Ford Focuses, and drive to a different farm every day to pick lettuce, or tomatoes, or potatoes. Even if those farms were in the next state over, they would do it. For ten bucks an hour, too.

Americans would line up to do MIGRANT work.

(http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/migrant)
a person who moves regularly in order to find work especially in harvesting crops

Last edited:
I know this... ;)

Illegals are not eligible for food stamps, welfare, housing assistance, free phones, etc.

Hospitals suffer only about $50 billion of losses in emergency room care each year out of more than $2.5 trillion spent on health care. That loss includes free care given to citizens and immigrants alike.

want to bet? you assume they have all worked off the books too.

If we would just run off the illegals, Americans would leave their suburban homes every morning, pile into their Ford Focuses, and drive to a different farm every day to pick lettuce, or tomatoes, or potatoes. Even if those farms were in the next state over, they would do it. For ten bucks an hour, too.

(Migrant - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
a person who moves regularly in order to find work especially in harvesting crops

pick your own. I do it at farms all over the place around here all the time. nothing to it.

pick your own. I do it at farms all over the place around here all the time. nothing to it.

Where do you get your potatoes?

Do you think Simplot would have died such a Rich man if he had to pay normal wages?

What would be more conducive to improving our national security? Monitoring people’s cell phone calls....or sealing our boarders? It seems to me knowing who is actually coming into the country would be a far better for our national security ...just saying :eusa_eh:

You will never seal our borders. It is physically impossible.

Sorry.

That is the reason they love it so much. It's unreal

Exactly. It's such a clever catch phrase it is irrelevant that it is total bs.

Where do you get your potatoes?

Do you think Simplot would have died such a Rich man if he had to pay normal wages?

i grow about 1/3 of my own. potatoes store well too. when i retire I am going to start doing a little more with hydroponics too. i've had some great success with lettuce, spinach, swiss chard and stuff like that already that i can keep going year round. potatoes are someting that will take a little work, because you have to keep the root in datkness.

Forum List

Back