Native American Veterans Push For Recognition

Well, if you get so much recognition - shut the hell up and let those who don't have some.

Are the Cherokee, Comanche, Cheyenne, and Osage pushing for recognition? Navajo are!

Personally, no, we aren't. The Navajo don't need to push for recognition, they have plenty of it.

You say the Navajo don't get enough, heck the Navajo had a travesty of a movie made after them; you know the one with Nicolas Cage? "Windtalkers" I believe they called it. People are lying when we (all of us, all tribes not just mine) aren't properly recognized for our contributions to this nation's past. You are causing division with this post Lakhota (by the way the name is spelled wrong). You are intending to plant racial animosity when there isn't any. Leave us Native Americans out of it.

Pathetic Lakhota, pathetic. I would applaud you for this OP if I didn't think you weren't just trying to troll this board with it.

:eusa_hand:

You really are a dumb shit.

Lakhóta/Dahkóta/Nahkóta (Sioux) Literature

In fact "Lakhota" is actually the spoken language. "Lakota" is the name of the people.

You suck at American history.

Lakota people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Personally, no, we aren't. The Navajo don't need to push for recognition, they have plenty of it.

You say the Navajo don't get enough, heck the Navajo had a travesty of a movie made after them; you know the one with Nicolas Cage? "Windtalkers" I believe they called it. People are lying when we (all of us, all tribes not just mine) aren't properly recognized for our contributions to this nation's past. You are causing division with this post Lakhota (by the way the name is spelled wrong). You are intending to plant racial animosity when there isn't any. Leave us Native Americans out of it.

Pathetic Lakhota, pathetic. I would applaud you for this OP if I didn't think you weren't just trying to troll this board with it.

In fact "Lakhota" is actually the spoken language. "Lakota" is the name of the people.

Get your history straight.

I prefer Lakhota for my moniker rather than Lakota. Is that okay with you? I would prefer Lakhóta, but USMB won't accept the acute accent.

You suck at American history.

Here's some more history...

Native American Genocide

I prefer Lakhota for my moniker rather than Lakota. Is that okay with you? I would prefer Lakhóta, but USMB won't accept the acute accent.

I don't care what you name yourself, as long as you aren't seriously associating yourself with the Lakota people. But since you have been whipped in your own thread, please take the time to seriously remember our fallen warriors today. You disgrace them all by trying to inject racial politics into such a sacred day for our country.

Good night, Lakhota.

I don't care what you name yourself, as long as you aren't seriously associating yourself with the Lakota people. But since you have been whipped in your own thread, please take the time to seriously remember our fallen warriors today. You disgrace them all by trying to inject racial politics into such a sacred day for our country.

Good night, Lakhota.

Duh, how exactly did you whip me? I didn't know this was a whipping thread. You're the dumbass who got all hateful when you should have just said something nice about Native America recognition for military service.

Good night, Lakhota.

Duh, how exactly did you whip me? I didn't know this was a whipping thread. You're the dumbass who got all hateful when you should have just said something nice about Native America recognition for military service.

So explain to me how using race is a means of thanking these men for their service, Lakhota? This was a form of race baiting. You should be ashamed of yourself. Your threads are more often than not disingenuous, your track record is not pretty when it comes to seriousness either. In the two months I've been a member here, I have seen you post nothing but troll or flame OP's on the politics forums. You constantly try to sow discord with your musings. You exalt triviality above relevance, and subvert relevance with triviality.

Your nonsense may take hold of someone else, but I won't be falling for it.

Last edited:
You dishonor my people by posting this diatribe, Lakhota. I am a Cherokee. My people served alongside the Navajo code talkers during World War II. Didn't know that did you? In fact the first recorded use of a "code talker" was a Cherokee in the 30th Infantry Division during the Second Battle of Somme in 1918. One of our people attained the rank of Rear Admiral in the Navy, named Joseph J. "Jocko" Clark. So while all the Navajo get the credit, we were the pioneers.

Don't say us Native Americans don't get our due recognition on this day, my ancestors served in that war. We get plenty of recognition.

Yeah, you keep saying you're Cherokee. I don't believe you. You keep saying it too often to believe. You seem like a poser to me. Anyway, that's your business.

You dishonor my people by posting this diatribe, Lakhota. I am a Cherokee. My people served alongside the Navajo code talkers during World War II. Didn't know that did you? In fact the first recorded use of a "code talker" was a Cherokee in the 30th Infantry Division during the Second Battle of Somme in 1918. One of our people attained the rank of Rear Admiral in the Navy, named Joseph J. "Jocko" Clark. So while all the Navajo get the credit, we were the pioneers.

Don't say us Native Americans don't get our due recognition on this day, my ancestors served in that war. We get plenty of recognition.

Yeah, you keep saying you're Cherokee. I don't believe you. You keep saying it too often to believe. You seem like a poser to me. Anyway, that's your business.

Oh so now I'm the poser? Is that all you have left? Running out of arguments? I say it as often as I need to. I am proud of my heritage, and one is not afraid to proclaim it. I have taken multiple journeys to the ancestral homelands of my people in the state of North Carolina. At some point I hope to join the Eastern Band someday when I can afford to have my genealogy confirmed. What do you have to say for yourself?

Last edited:

Oh so now I'm the poser? Is that all you have left? Running out of arguments? I say it as often as I need to. I am proud of my heritage, and one is not afraid to proclaim it. I have taken multiple journeys to the homelands of my people in North Carolina. What do you have to say for yourself?

Here is what I see as your biggest problem - at least with me, anyway. You have a habit of making things "personal" instead of just addressing thread topics. Personal attacks aren't good. I'm NA but I don't keep repeating it, nor do I ever give out any personal information about tribal ancestry and affiliations. I immediately discount anyone who starts making things personal, and I discounted you a couple months ago.

Oh so now I'm the poser? Is that all you have left? Running out of arguments? I say it as often as I need to. I am proud of my heritage, and one is not afraid to proclaim it. I have taken multiple journeys to the homelands of my people in North Carolina. What do you have to say for yourself?

Here is what I see as your biggest problem - at least with me, anyway. You have a habit of making things "personal" instead of just addressing thread topics. Personal attacks aren't good. I'm NA but I don't keep repeating it, nor do I ever give out any personal information about tribal ancestry and affiliations. I immediately discount anyone who starts making things personal, and I discounted you a couple months ago.

Uh what? Since when have you ever discounted me? Telling people what tribe I belong to is not a personal thing! There are over 315,000 of us you nitwit! I immediately discount anyone who tries to insert derision into any given topic of discussion. You, CC, and Black Label are all of the same stripe.

We can keep this up all night, Lakhota. I have nothing better to do. ;)

Uh what? Since when have you ever discounted me? Telling people what tribe I belong to is not a personal thing! There are over 315,000 of us you nitwit! I immediately discount anyone who tries to insert derision into any given topic of discussion. You, CC, and Black Label are all of the same stripe.

Well, your response in your last post has enlightened me. You don't even know what the hell I'm talking about. I believe someone has an education/IQ problem.

BTW, Sparky, try not to forget the thread topic.

I'm outta here...

Well, your response in your last post has enlightened me. You don't even know what the hell I'm talking about. I believe someone has an education/IQ problem.

BTW, Sparky, try not to forget the thread topic.

I'm outta here...

I had plenty sense to know what your ulterior motive was behind posting it. You were playing the all too played race card. I called you out when you said the Navajo didn't get proper recognition for their roles in the war. Remember, people aren't as gullible as you are led to believe. Were you sure at any point in our discussion what you were talking about? By the way, I replied to the subject matter of this erhm... thread... multiple times.

Bye!

:lmao:

I'm very surprised there is no memorial/monument to their brave and honorable contributions. They deserve recognition!

Most monuments and memorials are created through a CITIZEN's initative.

Hell folks the statue of liberty took citizen involvement to get it funded.

So let the citizens undertake that.

Suggesting that lacking such a memorial to Native people veterans is somehow remotely racist (if anyone did that) is ignorant.

Get off you asses and CREATE the movement to get one erected!

Why would anyone assume the OP is racist?

Becasue the post was asking rhetorical questions, Lak.

They aren't really questions, they are statements implying something rather race based strange: WhY aren't t there statues to Indian Veterans?

Are here statues for any ethnic of veterans?

I don't think there is.

But if people WANT such a memorial, they can certainly make it happen.

It's not the job of the government to do that, its the job of interested citizens

Well, if you get so much recognition - shut the hell up and let those who don't have some.

Are the Cherokee, Comanche, Cheyenne, Osage and Sioux pushing for recognition? Navajo are!

why don't you shut the hell up, take up a collection and have a memorial built for them?
oh, you would rather just troll here and bitch about it

So all native americans like you need do is gather some wampum trade some beads and build the damn thing. As I recall the code talkers were well protected. If one was a Iwo Jima and the raising of the flag then yes they is a memorial to the code talkers.

Why on one day does the country not have to be divided by the liberal left? No one has forgotten the code talkers and a lump of stone isn't going make people remember. Hell they even made a movie about them.

Forum List

Back