NBC: Oprah is OUR future President

Trumpettes of USMB, guess who thought Oprah had the chops...

Trump in '99: Would consider Oprah for VP

I'm not saying she couldn't be a good candidate or even a good president. If she follows the Obama policies America will be hurt, but doesn't mean she can't get support. I'm saying she will not have a clear path to the WH, especially if Trump keeps his campaign promises. I keep my finger on the pulse of what is going on and that's my opinion.

Forget the emotional "she seems like she would make a great president", to, "how is she not going to be stigmatized as just any other elitist, globalist, billionaire?".

Right? She is one of the RICHEST women in the world. Lol! Aren't the 1%'ers the enemies of the dems? :D
Not the good ones

It would be great if she were as well spoken politically as obama and Bill Clinton were. Hillary sucked. I’ll admit it now
Hillary was simply boring. She pretty much had no charisma. That was her main problem.

Right? She is one of the RICHEST women in the world. Lol! Aren't the 1%'ers the enemies of the dems? :D
By that very same premise, shouldn't that make her your top candidate, since the 1% are the friends of cons?

I'm a centrist, so no. However, the 1%'ers ARE clearly the enemies of the liberal left. That means you can't vote for Oprah. She is evil incarnate. :D Lol!

I'm not saying she couldn't be a good candidate or even a good president. If she follows the Obama policies America will be hurt, but doesn't mean she can't get support. I'm saying she will not have a clear path to the WH, especially if Trump keeps his campaign promises. I keep my finger on the pulse of what is going on and that's my opinion.

Forget the emotional "she seems like she would make a great president", to, "how is she not going to be stigmatized as just any other elitist, globalist, billionaire?".

Not the good ones

The "good ones?" She is hoarding all the money!

This just proves what clowns you really are. :lol:

I'm a centrist, so no. However, the 1%'ers ARE clearly the enemies of the liberal left. That means you can't vote for Oprah. She is evil incarnate. :D Lol!
Don't try to wiggle out of it.

So where does the 1% stand with you, since you're a "centrist."

*snickering at the now self-proclaimed centrist*

I am a centrist. I am pro choice, I am anti immigration. I am pro gay marriage. I am anti regressive leftist.

What is Centrist/Centrism
by cpadmin — last modified May 02, 2013 03:12 PM
Centrists don't have party lines. Centrists believe that solutions are more important than bias. While there is no set rule for what a Centrist is, there are some generally accepted guidelines that seem to depict the Centrist mode of thought. Centrism is a political ideology based on reason and pragmatism considerate of short and long term thinking - Centrism is not defined by compromise or moderation, it is considerate of them. Centrism is about achieving common sense solutions that appropriately address current and future needs; support the public trust; and serve the common good with consideration of risk and capacity in context of these needs.
Modern definitions sometimes conflate Centrism with moderation but the Centrist Party tenets generally oppose moderate views. Let's just call moderates 'moderates' and Centrists 'Centrist'.

Salient points about Centrism from the CP perspective:

• Centrism is not about doing what is popular, it is about doing what is right.
  • Centrism is not moderate but rather supports strength, tradition, open mindedness and policy based on evidence not ideology.
  • Centrism is not about compromise but rather allows for it as reasonable.

Centrists are independent thinkers. They gauge situations based on context and reason, consideration and probability. They are open minded and exercise conviction. Willing to fight for reason as opposed to ideology.

1. Ideology limits the capacity of reasoning
  2. Centrist conviction is not limited by ideology
  3. Reasoning is based on pragmatic reality and circumstance.
Centrism is not a belief. It is an open book to an unfolding situation. This does not mean it is moderate, but that it is considerate of changing circumstances that may require reconsideration based on the intelligence available, and reason itself.

• Centrists are independent.
  • Centrists argue based on reason and context to define relevance of a given point.
  • Centrists tend to be pragmatic and avoid extremes whenever possible. Of course an extreme may be a required action so luckily Centrists tend to exercise reason in application.
  • Centrists tend to dislike special interest influence and unfair practices. They don’t appreciate spin from candidates or news organizations.
  • Centrists tend to believe that if we dealt with the facts and concentrated on working together we could fix a lot more problems than two polar opposite parties constantly embattled in their own agendas and ideologies.
  • Centrists seek accountability in governance.
  • Honor & Integrity - Centrists tend to believe that political spin erodes the integrity of the vote and certainly that of the politician.
What is Centrist/Centrism — The Centrist Party

I am a centrist. I am pro choice, I am anti immigration. I am pro gay marriage. I am anti regressive leftist.

Centrists don't have party lines. Centrists believe that solutions are more important than bias. While there is no set rule for what a Centrist is, there are some generally accepted guidelines that seem to depict the Centrist mode of thought. Centrism is a political ideology based on reason and pragmatism considerate of short and long term thinking - Centrism is not defined by compromise or moderation, it is considerate of them. Centrism is about achieving common sense solutions that appropriately address current and future needs; support the public trust; and serve the common good with consideration of risk and capacity in context of these needs.
Modern definitions sometimes conflate Centrism with moderation but the Centrist Party tenets generally oppose moderate views. Let's just call moderates 'moderates' and Centrists 'Centrist'.

• Centrism is not moderate but rather supports strength, tradition, open mindedness and policy based on evidence not ideology.

Centrists are independent thinkers. They gauge situations based on context and reason, consideration and probability. They are open minded and exercise conviction. Willing to fight for reason as opposed to ideology.

Centrism is not a belief. It is an open book to an unfolding situation. This does not mean it is moderate, but that it is considerate of changing circumstances that may require reconsideration based on the intelligence available, and reason itself.

• Centrists argue based on reason and context to define relevance of a given point.
  • Centrists tend to be pragmatic and avoid extremes whenever possible. Of course an extreme may be a required action so luckily Centrists tend to exercise reason in application.
  • Centrists tend to dislike special interest influence and unfair practices. They don’t appreciate spin from candidates or news organizations.
  • Centrists tend to believe that if we dealt with the facts and concentrated on working together we could fix a lot more problems than two polar opposite parties constantly embattled in their own agendas and ideologies.
  • Honor & Integrity - Centrists tend to believe that political spin erodes the integrity of the vote and certainly that of the politician.
That's nice.

So what's your stance on voting for a 1%er?

That's nice.

If I agree with them on the issues that are MOST important to me, then I would vote for them. I'm not the one going around bitching about 1%'ers. That is YOUR side. Yet, you keep voting for them. :D Too funny.

Not the good ones

She didn’t vote for the tax break she just got but you did

Not the good ones

She didn’t vote for the tax break she just got but you did

Oprah, Tax breaks for you, tax breaks for me, tax breaks for everyone!!! :lol:

We should all get tax breaks and FORCE the government to tighten it's belt and balance it's budget and be more conservative when it comes to spending our money. They should have to submit a careful accounting of what money they have and what they have spent and what they have spent it on, no loop holes. Anyone who cannot account for money, should be held responsible and be impeached for mishandling the money, just as anyone else in any other job would be.

That would be entertaining watching the cat fight between Warren and Oprah. :popcorn:

So remind me: which network killed Ronan Farrow's report on Harvey Weinstein?

Oh yeah. NBC.

The same folks who have been moaning about how horrible it is to have a celebrity billionaire in the White House.

NBC on Twitter

Remember, they don’t have standards, beyond “whatever gets us power.”

Oh brother... what dirt do you have on Oprah...Haaa Haaa...? Nothing!

She’s a loopy kunt...

That's nice.

If I agree with them on the issues that are MOST important to me, then I would vote for them. I'm not the one going around bitching about 1%'ers. That is YOUR side. Yet, you keep voting for them. :D Too funny.
You’re bitching about any democratic nominee we pick if they aren’t middle class meanwhile you elected a billionaire bank robber. Sorry gore and Oprah burn a lot of electricity. Do you look at trumps energy bill?

You’re the one squeaking about Oprah’s money. You hold us to a higher standard

How many democrats have you voted for in your voting career Mrs. Centrist?

That's nice.

You’re bitching about any democratic nominee we pick if they aren’t middle class meanwhile you elected a billionaire bank robber. Sorry gore and Oprah burn a lot of electricity. Do you look at trumps energy bill?

You’re the one squeaking about Oprah’s money. You hold us to a higher standard

Well, stop saying that the 1%'ers are bad and evil if you are going to turn around and vote for them.

How many democrats have you voted for in your voting career Mrs. Centrist?

None of your business, but I don't have to have voted for ANY democrats to make me a centrist. Lol. I find the democrat party to have moved to the EXTREME left.

Forum List

Back