🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

NCCA Football Gameday

Your first link is a week to week ranking. And according to your blog links Big Ten is better than the ACC. ESPN has had an agenda since the Big Ten Network has come out nor do they speak for the country.

I guess you didn't see these links where the Big 12 is behind the Big 10:

College Football Week 8 power rankings by conference - FanSided - Sports News, Entertainment, Lifestyle & Technology - 240+ Sites

September Power Ranking.
College football conference rankings, Week 4: FIU is the ultimate anchor - SBNation.com

This is a SEC power ranking not conferences. Photo - #1 - The SEC - Power Rankings: The best college football conference is... - Jacksonville Sports | Examiner.com

A June ranking.
Ranking College Football's Conferences for 2013 | AthlonSports.com

A 2010 article? Wow getting disparate.Final NCAA Football Conference Power Rankings by Whatifsports.com From WhatIfSports.com

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/power-rankings/

Your claim was that you NEVER hear the media say the Big 12 is better. And you have proved nothing to your claim.

I proved you wrong. Sorry if you don't like it. Like I said thanks for playing.

Last edited:

Your claim was that you NEVER hear the media say the Big 12 is better. And you have proved nothing to your claim.

don't like It? I love to talk college football. Great thread. I was just saying I don't recall a nation wide consensus that the Big Ten is weaker than the ACC or Big 12.

And the examiner link is a conference ranking:

The SEC - 18 points
The Pac-12 - 12 points
The Big Ten - 11 points
The ACC - 10 points
The Big 12 - 7 points
The AAC - 5 points
The Mountain West - 2 points

http://www.examiner.com/list/power-...e-football-last-week/was-there-ever-any-doubt

Last edited:
Your first link is a week to week ranking. And according to your blog links Big Ten is better than the ACC. ESPN has had an agenda since the Big Ten Network has come out nor do they speak for the country.

I guess you didn't see these links where the Big 12 is behind the Big 10:

College Football Week 8 power rankings by conference - FanSided - Sports News, Entertainment, Lifestyle & Technology - 240+ Sites

September Power Ranking.
College football conference rankings, Week 4: FIU is the ultimate anchor - SBNation.com

This is a SEC power ranking not conferences. Photo - #1 - The SEC - Power Rankings: The best college football conference is... - Jacksonville Sports | Examiner.com

A June ranking.
Ranking College Football's Conferences for 2013 | AthlonSports.com

A 2010 article? Wow getting disparate.Final NCAA Football Conference Power Rankings by Whatifsports.com From WhatIfSports.com

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/power-rankings/

don't like It? I love to talk college football. Great thread. I was just saying I don't recall a nation wide consensus that the Big Ten is weaker than the ACC or Big 12.

The SEC - 18 points
The Pac-12 - 12 points
The Big Ten - 11 points
The ACC - 10 points
The Big 12 - 7 points
The AAC - 5 points

http://www.examiner.com/list/power-...e-football-last-week/was-there-ever-any-doubt

Can you try to find something more recent? And if you go by this for this week, I bet you find the Big 10 down a couple notches. The Big Ten sucks this year, just the way it is.

The SEC - 18 points
The Pac-12 - 12 points
The Big Ten - 11 points
The ACC - 10 points
The Big 12 - 7 points
The AAC - 5 points

Photo - Was there ever any doubt? - Power Rankings: The best college football conference is... - Jacksonville Sports | Examiner.com

Can you try to find something more recent? And if you go by this for this week, I bet you find the Big 10 down a couple notches. The Big Ten sucks this year, just the way it is.

20013 isn't recent enough. I agree the NCAA threw the Big Ten in turmoil with their agenda driven sanctions but I disagree the Big Ten is weaker than the Big 12.

Last edited:

The SEC - 18 points
The Pac-12 - 12 points
The Big Ten - 11 points
The ACC - 10 points
The Big 12 - 7 points
The AAC - 5 points

Photo - Was there ever any doubt? - Power Rankings: The best college football conference is... - Jacksonville Sports | Examiner.com

20013 isn't recent enough. I agree the NCAA threw the Big Ten in turmoil with their agenda driven sanctions but I disagree the Big Ten is weaker than the Big 12.

It was a weekly poll, for the week in September.

It was a weekly poll, for the week in September.

That is when most team play other conferences. That is the only true way to judge a conference's strength.

The SEC - 18 points
The Pac-12 - 12 points
The Big Ten - 11 points
The ACC - 10 points
The Big 12 - 7 points
The AAC - 5 points

I updated it for this week. I didn't include the other conferences.

SEC 20
Pac12 10
Big 12 10
ACC 8
Big 10 4

So Florida St. Jumps Ohio St and Oregon to sit at 2, Oregon pummels and stills lips, Ohio St wins, Clemson loses, however, Ohio St. Stays in place.

This may be the oddest season I can remember in years. Is Alabama overrated? Baylor and Missouri in the mix?

Could you imagine a Baylor v Oregon NC game? 70 to 68 and I ain't even gonna guess who would get the win. Lol

The SEC - 18 points
The Pac-12 - 12 points
The Big Ten - 11 points
The ACC - 10 points
The Big 12 - 7 points
The AAC - 5 points

So you think the sanctions were driven by an agenda, and not punishment for violations of rules and/or lying to the NCAA?

This may be the oddest season I can remember in years. Is Alabama overrated? Baylor and Missouri in the mix?

Could you imagine a Baylor v Oregon NC game? 70 to 68 and I ain't even gonna guess who would get the win. Lol

I remember a couple years back when TCU, Boise St, and Oregon St., were up in the polls and it all shook out at the end.

Baylor and Oregon would be fun to watch. I'm still wondering how good Missouri really is. They have a tough schedule and could move up in the standings. Oregon has UCLA, Stanford and then take on finish with Oregon St. Then probably the PAC-12 championship game against UCLA. Florida St. gets an easy schedule from here out, only playing Miami and will probably play them twice. So, FSU could slide a few spots.

I still think Alabama and Oregon are the best two teams.

I remember a couple years back when TCU, Boise St, and Oregon St., were up in the polls and it all shook out at the end.

Baylor and Oregon would be fun to watch. I'm still wondering how good Missouri really is. They have a tough schedule and could move up in the standings. Oregon has UCLA, Stanford and then take on finish with Oregon St. Then probably the PAC-12 championship game against UCLA. Florida St. gets an easy schedule from here out, only playing Miami and will probably play them twice. So, FSU could slide a few spots.

I agree with you that Alabama and Oregon are the two best teams. I also think it would be a great game to see them square off. Both teams would face a team that is very different from what they have played.

If I remember correctly, Missouri plays their tough games at home. Having been to their stadium for games a few times I will tell you they are tough at home.

Still not completely sold on the tigers, but this year the ball bounces some strange ways. FSU is looking damn good also. Being a Big Ten guy I have to admit its a down year in these parts with many teams playing very young players.

I think the Big Ten will bounce back.

My thinking is that Phil Knight came into Oregon and donated a lot of dollars into the facilities and equipment, Oregon found a series of good coaches an upped the ante in the PAC-12. Now, USC got competition, Oregon St. got better and better facilities as did the Huskies, UCLA, Stanford. The conference has gotten very serious about its football and recruiting,
The TV contract has gotten bigger, and they add to more states and dominates the west coast TV market.

The SEC has been serious a long time about football. The Big-12 seems to be regrouping and the Big Ten is being neutral. The Big Ten adds Rutgers and Maryland and neither is a football powerhouse, they are basketball universities. The Big Ten is a basketball conference and not so much a football conference anymore.

So you think the sanctions were driven by an agenda, and not punishment for violations of rules and/or lying to the NCAA?

We would need a whole new thread to talk about it.

I think the Big Ten will bounce back.

My thinking is that Phil Knight came into Oregon and donated a lot of dollars into the facilities and equipment, Oregon found a series of good coaches an upped the ante in the PAC-12. Now, USC got competition, Oregon St. got better and better facilities as did the Huskies, UCLA, Stanford. The conference has gotten very serious about its football and recruiting,
The TV contract has gotten bigger, and they add to more states and dominates the west coast TV market.

The SEC has been serious a long time about football. The Big-12 seems to be regrouping and the Big Ten is being neutral. The Big Ten adds Rutgers and Maryland and neither is a football powerhouse, they are basketball universities. The Big Ten is a basketball conference and not so much a football conference anymore.

I would hardly call Utah,Texas A&M , Missouri, WVU and TCU powerhouses. What putting Maryland and Rutgers in the conference does is give the Big Ten a foothold on recruiting in the Northeast which a lot of top recruits go south.

My TV schedule for today:

9am - noon ESPN Gameday

noon - 3:30pm No. 24 Nebraska at Minnesota

3:30pm - 7pm Tennessee at No. 1 Alabama

7pm - 8pm No. 12 UCLA at No. 3 Oregon

8pm - 11pm Penn State at No. 4 Ohio State

11pm - pass out No. 6 Stanford at No. 25 Oregon State

Flip to the World Series during halftime and commercials.

Last edited:
My TV schedule for today:

9am - noon ESPN Gameday

noon - 3:30pm No. 24 Nebraska at Minnesota

3:30pm - 7pm Tennessee at No. 1 Alabama

7pm - 8pm No. 12 UCLA at No. 3 Oregon

8pm - 11pm Penn State at No. 4 Ohio State

11pm - pass out No. 6 Stanford at No. 25 Oregon State

Great schedule! I love Saturday in the fall!

Forum List

Back