Nearly half of the U.S.’s homeless people live in one state: California

That has nothing to do with the problem of homelessness as a whole. Since YOU started this thread, and want to blame all the issues on the state of California being run by Democrats, perhaps YOU should go do some more research... because it was a Republican that caused the issue we see today.
So it's republican's fault we see an army of homeless people living on the streets and crapping on the sidewalks just now.
I see. Informative.

..that's what happens when you have massive immigration and illegals
No. That`s what happens when housing costs skyrocket because people want to live in California. That was easy.
Anyone willing to pay a million for a worn out 50's rambler in a questionable neighborhood needs their head examined.

There is far more to it than your simple post.
There is a housing shortage in the state, with a need to build 180,000 units per year. Only half is being built. Approval for permits is difficult and slow. Issues from Prop 13 make new builds more difficult. 20% of Californians pay more than half their income for housing. Material costs are far higher due to specialized codes for building and difficulty in shipping.
California's own regulations lead to the higher costs.

5 Reasons California's Housing Costs Are So High
500K will buy you a 3500 sq ft house with acreage and a pole barn in the midwest.
You idiots can have your utopia. Life is far better and cheaper in flyover country.

My wife and her two sisters were born and raised in Wisconsin. My wife moved to CA, the middle sister moved to Colorado, and then to Texas, the youngest sister moved to Florida, and the parents moved to CA. They all fled the flyover states.

The weather in Wisconsin is wonderful in May and September, any other month sucks. Summer high humidity and winters cold enough to freeze for months on end. No thanks, I spend the Christmas Vacations surfing at Ocean Beach in Jr hi and high school, until I had my license and then spent Xmas time on the slopes of Squaw Valley.

One weekend during college I surfed the morning, jumped in the van a little past noon, and drove to Boreal (3 hour drive) where we snow skied from 3 pm to 9 pm - you can't do that in any fly over state.
and??!!!--that's just your opinion which means nothing
it's cold/snowy.....???!!!!
very boring having the same weather year round
you must be a wimp
.....look at the very COLD Scandinavian countries vs the mild equator countries that are SHITHOLES
...I love the extremes.....cold weather is FUN
hahahhahahhahahahhahah
Not so fun if you have to live outside.

I was a Democrat. Voted for Clinton, the whole nine yards. Life...takes us in strange directions. After 9/11, Bush and the war in Iraq. Time moves on. NOW I am so pissed off at liberal progressive Democrats. I voted for Trump in 2016. YEP. Whoever hijacked the democratic party have pretty much burned all the bridges with me. They have enabled the exploitation of foreign nationals by wealthy international cartels, gave away jobs and deprived American lower class to benefit of those same cartels. And at the same time use morality which they lack, to empower international cartels in the name of fighting international globalism...

No, I am interested in the weather, but San Francisco's climate is only ONE climate in California.

Have fun trolling others, because you are making yourself look like a fool. California is a federal tax donor state, do you know what that means? They put more into federal taxes than they pay out in benefits.

Your last statement shows just how truly ignorant you are, and I'm not going to waste my time typing out all the reasons why just for you NOT to read it. If you are this ignorant about homelessness this late in life, there is a very high probability you never will get it.
Yes, take your jacks, little girl, and run along home. I lived in the Bay Area for decades. My daughter and son in law lived and worked there.
My son worked as a political consultant next to city hall there. My long time school friend worked undercover in the SFPD (the center of a massive corruption case, btw).

I went to school there.There's nothing you can tell me about it I don't know.

Better to throw a pretend snit than to stick around and further reveal what a braying jackass you are. What do California's federal taxes have to do with their massive
homeless and filth problem? Zero. Zilch. Nada.

You haven't mentioned when and where you've moved. Why is that? Did you buy in Las Vegas and lose a bundle in the Great Bush Recession? Or maybe you moved to Arizona and enjoy high heat and Stand Storms? Just guesses.

I grew up in the Sunset Dist. a great place in 50's. I could roam to the Pacific Ocean, six blocks away, to the zoo and Lake Merced, about 10 City Blocks south, and and 7 blocks from Golden Gate Park to the north. Oh, and in my youth Playland at the Beach was also walking distance (I can still hear laughing Sal in my minds eye); plus the sunset gym, and ball diamonds, tennis courts, basketball courts galore.

The sunset is so expensive now!!! Woodlake joes closed and reopened lately. Playland was great and so was the ice rink.

Westlake Joes is now Original Joes, a restaurant which thrived in the Tenderloin for decades, now they've moved up, to North Beach*** and to Westlake, on Daly Blvd, in Daly City. My mom's dad was a Daly City Police office and we ate at Westlake Joes many times: My favorites were Joes' special and the hamburger steak broiled medium rare and served on a 1/2 of a San Francisco Sour Dough Bread - served with french fries cut large. Yum.

***The Restaurant is across the street from Washington Sq., and for those who watched the Dirty Harry Series they would recognize the Catholic Church on the far side from the Restaurant.

A little personal history: My dad's father lived on Dupont street, two blocks east of Washington Sq. (Dupont is now Kearny St.) when the '06 Quake occurred.

That has nothing to do with the problem of homelessness as a whole. Since YOU started this thread, and want to blame all the issues on the state of California being run by Democrats, perhaps YOU should go do some more research... because it was a Republican that caused the issue we see today.
So it's republican's fault we see an army of homeless people living on the streets and crapping on the sidewalks just now.
I see. Informative.
They are as culpable as dems.

..that's what happens when you have massive immigration and illegals
No. That`s what happens when housing costs skyrocket because people want to live in California. That was easy.
That's why businesses and people who can are leaving in droves. Amazing how you liars defend progressive horror shows like california.
A real horror show is Flodida. Losing beach front property seems like a monthly thing. As for leaving they are coming in bigger numbers for the jobs created here to support the losers in the south.
No one goes to cali for the jobs. lol. If that's not what you meant perhaps you could take a remedial class and tell folks "where" you are talking about.
What or where is this cali you refer to?

Well... it is warm, it hardly rains... kind of makes sense doesn't it? Wouldn't be very smart to be homeless in North Dakota or Idaho would it?
California became a State in 1849. Homeless did not become an issue until Leftards took control just a couple of decades ago.

Your sense of history must have come from the Ministry of Truth. I've noticed you've not posted where you live today. Embarrassed? I suppose so.

If you want to know what life is like under Democrat control, just look at California.

Four of the five American cities with the greatest incidences of unsheltered homelessness are in the once Golden State.

But don't you worry. California knows how to solve that problem.

Bussed out: how America moves thousands of homeless people around the country

New Laws Target and Punish the Poor in Oregon

Thread: Nearly half of the US population live in California.

Reply: More than 10% of the US Population live in California. And most are not natives.

Well... it is warm, it hardly rains... kind of makes sense doesn't it? Wouldn't be very smart to be homeless in North Dakota or Idaho would it?
California became a State in 1849. Homeless did not become an issue until Leftards took control just a couple of decades ago.

Your sense of history must have come from the Ministry of Truth. I've noticed you've not posted where you live today. Embarrassed? I suppose so.
Lived in California almost 6 decades. Then I escaped from the occupation.

Like I said, California was a great State once.

Now it’s a shithole. Literally.

If you want to know what life is like under Democrat control, just look at California.

Four of the five American cities with the greatest incidences of unsheltered homelessness are in the once Golden State.

Reply: More than 10% of the US Population live in California. And most are not natives.
California ranks No. 1 in poverty once again. Take one guess why.

Have a homeschooler explain percentages to you.

"Democrats" say that this transcends politics and is a economic issue. I agree, but when liberal progressives take jobs away from Americans and then provide those jobs and sanctuary to illegal aliens, (without popular consent or any semblance of democratic process) then Dems act like a deer in caught in the headlights when they are called out for it. That "sanctuary city' shit is a huge factor here, and it seldom if ever is factored in. And that's on the Democrats. Nobody else wanted that shit.

What a crock of shit ^^^. Illegal aliens are not employed as civil servants. They are hired by private sector (mostly Republican business owners) or tolerated by big box stores to hitch a ride for some labor work by home owners.

"Democrats" say that this transcends politics and is a economic issue. I agree, but when liberal progressives take jobs away from Americans and then provide those jobs and sanctuary to illegal aliens, (without popular consent or any semblance of democratic process) then Dems act like a deer in caught in the headlights when they are called out for it. That "sanctuary city' shit is a huge factor here, and it seldom if ever is factored in. And that's on the Democrats. Nobody else wanted that shit.

What a crock of shit ^^^. Illegal aliens are not employed as civil servants. They are hired by private sector (mostly Republican business owners) or tolerated by big box stores to hitch a ride for some labor work by home owners.
So Democrats want illegals so Republicans can hire them?

Your bullshit is getting thicker.

Where ever you are is a shithole. California is not one. I been here 70 some years and it is getting better now that the reukes have been gone and vanquished into history.

LOL. Don't try to bullshit those of us who saw history as current events.

That is a typical response of someone proven to be ignorant of the subject. Try again.

Are you going to plead ignorance to the fact that failed former President Barack Hussein Obama's Stimulus Package also halted the use of School Vouchers in any district that accepted Obama cash?

California ranks No. 1 in poverty once again. Take one guess why.

Have a homeschooler explain percentages to you.
Homeschooled children have no clue about percentages. Neither do you!

LOL. Don't try to bullshit those of us who saw history as current events.

That is a typical response of someone proven to be ignorant of the subject. Try again.

Are you going to plead ignorance to the fact that failed former President Barack Hussein Obama's Stimulus Package also halted the use of School Vouchers in any district that accepted Obama cash?
The stimulus sure made a big difference here. Maybe it is the shithole where you live that was refusing the money.

Where ever you are is a shithole. California is not one. I been here 70 some years and it is getting better now that the reukes have been gone and vanquished into history.
Where ever you are is a shithole. California is not one.
Wherever I live? You think shithole California is the best place on earth?

Is that why U-Haul rates are four times higher leaving California than going to California? :lmao:

I despise the Democratic party now, we need to focus on fixing the party and take it out of the hands of demagogues. They will pander to anything now. Satanist blood drinking infant sacrifice, if it meant getting into orifice, err office. Its no surprise that Democratically controlled cities are shanty towns for folks that have been betrayed & disenfranchised by the very party that supposed to represent them. There is a backlash brewing and the seeds of revolution against these democrat traitors, it's a matter of time when it happens.

I despise the Democratic party now, we need to focus on fixing the party and take it out of the hands of demagogues. They will pander to anything now. Satanist blood drinking infant sacrifice, if it meant getting into orifice, err office. Its no surprise that Democratically controlled cities are shanty towns for folks that have been betrayed & disenfranchised by the very party that supposed to represent them. There is a backlash brewing and the seeds of revolution against these democrat traitors, it's a matter of time when it happens.
Don’t think it’s salvageable. I think after a few decades of losing a new replacement party will step forward.

Forum List

Back