Need a new mower for 5 acres...

I'll look into that. I like Kubota because of the Japanese motor as opposed to Chinese made...
But high dollar...
Not buying American made?
I'm willing. I prefer a diesel engine, and hard to find...

Thats gonna be tough in the size you're looking for.
Yeah. Maybe I'm thinking too big. I'm looking at Cub cadet A2 series from Mowersdirect for about 2800. Has Koehler 25 hp.

I think this says it all.
Tractor Face Off: John Deere vs. Cub Cadet

Now that you've posted that, I have to post this:

Steel wheels with rubber on them, totally badass.

I'd rather change the oil in a tractor than pay for the vet bills.

Raise em right and there shouldn't be any

Trust me,there will always be calls to the vet.
Vaccinations will always be necessary.

Maybe on the vet calls......depends on what's going on and if you can do the tending or not.

why vaccinations????? Even if you did vaccinate....feed stores carry most animal vaccines that you can give yourself

For the most part.
I've never raised cattle that didnt need some vet work.

Ya gotta run them through the chute and give them shots.

Worming and shots should be done. Many crackers don't, they just let it roll. Talk about organic. Yeah, pretty organic.

You callin me a cracker???:1peleas:

I'll look into that. I like Kubota because of the Japanese motor as opposed to Chinese made...
But high dollar...

Yeah. Maybe I'm thinking too big. I'm looking at Cub cadet A2 series from Mowersdirect for about 2800. Has Koehler 25 hp.

Oh...the cub cadet is commonly made by Murray.
Run!!! Dont walk!!!

Aw geez, my buddy spent $3400 in 4 years on Murrays. Now him and "the bitch" mow the lawn with a self-propelled Honda. 2 1/2 acres. They've been rolling like that for 12 years or more. True story.

I think this says it all.
Tractor Face Off: John Deere vs. Cub Cadet

Now that you've posted that, I have to post this:

Steel wheels with rubber on them, totally badass.

While impressive for such an old rig the Deer never engaged the four wheel drive.

Raise em right and there shouldn't be any

Maybe on the vet calls......depends on what's going on and if you can do the tending or not.

why vaccinations????? Even if you did vaccinate....feed stores carry most animal vaccines that you can give yourself

For the most part.

Worming and shots should be done. Many crackers don't, they just let it roll. Talk about organic. Yeah, pretty organic.

I ain't never seen what you do with cows. :icon_sjung:

iu

But high dollar...

Run!!! Dont walk!!!
Yeah all MTD. Maybe Husqvarna would be better. But reviews concerning transmissions are bad...

Run!!! Dont walk!!!

Aw geez, my buddy spent $3400 in 4 years on Murrays. Now him and "the bitch" mow the lawn with a self-propelled Honda. 2 1/2 acres. They've been rolling like that for 12 years or more. True story.

My neighbor on the S. Llano river had around 20 acres to mow.
He had an old Sears riding mower....took him a week to mow the whole thing.
He damn near had to start again every week in the rainy season.
I even offered to cut it for him or he could use the Deer himself....he was a cantankerous old shit and said no.
I had to respect him for that.

Run!!! Dont walk!!!
Yeah all MTD. Maybe Husqvarna would be better. But reviews concerning transmissions are bad...

Thats why you stick to the old tried and true.

Run!!! Dont walk!!!

Deere is OK. Old Ford is OK. I've dealt with a lot of tractors, somehow. New Holland, Deere, Kubota. You want I should go get my neighbor's model #? It's probably the cheapest. (Deere, that is)

For the most part.

iu

Actually I don't have any :crybaby:not enough yard for that...….wish I did though. :cow:

Kinda drives me nuts when people with acreage don't utilize it to the full advantage :102:

For the most part.

iu

Actually I don't have any :crybaby:not enough yard for that...….wish I did though. :cow:

Kinda drives me nuts when people with acreage don't utilize it to the full advantage :102:

It's easier to let someone graze some cattle on your property for the Ag exemption. No cost to you and your taxes are dirt cheap.

Got a zero turn mower and cut the mowing time by more than half.

Not necessary for the money unless you have a bunch of trees and flower beds to mow around.

I'm thinking real tractor with bush hog. Could make money on the side.
Eh, but who am I?

:sleep:

All depends on what your looking to do.
Mow a lawn or cut a field.
It's a lawn.

Ya need to check on what you're responding to.
Sometimes ya get a notification that someone responded to your post when it isn't accurate.

Got a zero turn mower and cut the mowing time by more than half.

Not necessary for the money unless you have a bunch of trees and flower beds to mow around.
There's not a lot to mow around but it's nearly four acres that is oddly shaped, sort of like a gourd. Plus the neighbors all share in keeping the roadside mowed. I'll never mow with anything else.

For the most part.

iu

It's easier to let someone graze some cattle on your property for the Ag exemption. No cost to you and your taxes are dirt cheap.

Oh...and the guy who's grazing cattle on your property has to pay you for the privilege knocking down your tax burden even further.

iu

Oh...and the guy who's grazing cattle on your property has to pay you for the privilege knocking down your tax burden even further.

Maybe......but I'd like to own a few of those cattle myself :thup:

Forum List

Back