Need a new mower for 5 acres...

John Deere Deere decks are of a proper mil.

You could probably get it done with whatever my neighbor has. Like $1300 or so.

What about New Holland? Oh man, one of my good friends loved his New Holland.

He welded a hook to the bucket, nothing made him happier than when I rigged up a couple of big old logs and he curled them up with that bucket and put them in a pile. He absolutely beamed carrying them logs. :113:

God bless him! He taught me how to tie a running bowline with chain.

Watching him go..you could just hear "She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her on". :auiqs.jpg:

We did weeks of that stuff. Good times. :)

My Uncle had a New Holland and he raved about it.
From what I read stay away from the Kubota because they have a bad rep when it comes to warranty work.
I say just get a Deer and you wont have to worry about warranty work....there wont be any.

Idk what to say in 2019. I'll be purchasing a skid steer of some sort, with the claw. That's not for mowing grass. What about cows? :eek:

hey, don't knock the cow idea......if you got the room, why not? As I said, you'd end up with a freezer full of organic grass fed beef and possibly a few bucks in your pocket to boot......and if you keep a small herd going, you'll have that for years to come.

I'd rather change the oil in a tractor than pay for the vet bills.

Raise em right and there shouldn't be any
But all the poop...!!!

John Deere Deere decks are of a proper mil.

You could probably get it done with whatever my neighbor has. Like $1300 or so.

What about New Holland? Oh man, one of my good friends loved his New Holland.

He welded a hook to the bucket, nothing made him happier than when I rigged up a couple of big old logs and he curled them up with that bucket and put them in a pile. He absolutely beamed carrying them logs. :113:

God bless him! He taught me how to tie a running bowline with chain.

Watching him go..you could just hear "She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her on". :auiqs.jpg:

We did weeks of that stuff. Good times. :)

From what I read stay away from the Kubota because they have a bad rep when it comes to warranty work.
I say just get a Deer and you wont have to worry about warranty work....there wont be any.

Idk what to say in 2019. I'll be purchasing a skid steer of some sort, with the claw. That's not for mowing grass. What about cows? :eek:

Skid steers are fun as hell to drive!!!!
Had a company that was building my concrete river access and they left it on the property when they went home.
They never should have left the keys in it......
I got more shit done with that thing over the week they were there!!!
Just made sure to top off the diesel when I was done and hoped they didnt look at the hour meter.

Probably the avg John Deere is what OP needs.

I've done a lot of stuff with New Hollands and Kubotas, though. Tons of earth moved.

50 short-needle pines topped and buried. :eek:

In 2 weekends. Cut to the ground, too.
No big box this time around. Not gonna spend 2500 bucks on a mower just to have it fall apart (thin decks, plastic transmissions, etc...)

hey, don't knock the cow idea......if you got the room, why not? As I said, you'd end up with a freezer full of organic grass fed beef and possibly a few bucks in your pocket to boot......and if you keep a small herd going, you'll have that for years to come.

But all the poop...!!!

sell that too as high grade fertilizer for gardens...…..I'm tellin ya, ya just can't lose :113:

But all the poop...!!!

sell that too as high grade fertilizer for gardens...…..I'm tellin ya, ya just can't lose :113:
It's the collection that I wouldn't be to fond of....

Trust me,there will always be calls to the vet.
Vaccinations will always be necessary.

Maybe on the vet calls......depends on what's going on and if you can do the tending or not.

why vaccinations????? Even if you did vaccinate....feed stores carry most animal vaccines that you can give yourself

Maybe on the vet calls......depends on what's going on and if you can do the tending or not.

why vaccinations????? Even if you did vaccinate....feed stores carry most animal vaccines that you can give yourself
Yabut - you can't plow snow with a cow...!!

I dunno…….just substitute cows for the horses...….

img_34761.jpg

img_34761.jpg
Awesome!

But all the poop...!!!

Do ya have a garden?
And I aint talking about the one that leads to your front door.

But all the poop...!!!

Do ya have a garden?
No garden.

For the most part.
I've never raised cattle that didnt need some vet work.

img_34761.jpg
Awesome!

You're not going all Amish on us are ya?

Uhm..Kubota with bush hog? Under $6500

Used
I'll look into that. I like Kubota because of the Japanese motor as opposed to Chinese made...
But high dollar...
Not buying American made?
I'm willing. I prefer a diesel engine, and hard to find...

Thats gonna be tough in the size you're looking for.
Yeah. Maybe I'm thinking too big. I'm looking at Cub cadet A2 series from Mowersdirect for about 2800. Has Koehler 25 hp.

But all the poop...!!!

Do ya have a garden?
No garden.
Although when weed becomes legal, may have to rethink....

Used
I'll look into that. I like Kubota because of the Japanese motor as opposed to Chinese made...
But high dollar...

Yeah. Maybe I'm thinking too big. I'm looking at Cub cadet A2 series from Mowersdirect for about 2800. Has Koehler 25 hp.

I think this says it all.
Tractor Face Off: John Deere vs. Cub Cadet

For the most part.
I've never raised cattle that didnt need some vet work.

Ya gotta run them through the chute and give them shots.

Worming and shots should be done. Many crackers don't, they just let it roll. Talk about organic. Yeah, pretty organic.

Used
But high dollar...

Oh...the cub cadet is commonly made by Murray.
Run!!! Dont walk!!!

Forum List

Back