Negro League historian helps reclaim baseball history

It's obvious you don't. You posted an article about the superiority of blacks in 1921 baseball and did not even read it.
Did I? Usually it takes poster's a little longer before they start fantasizing about me. I must of triggered you real good. :laugh:

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
You obviously care, you’ve got dozens of posts in this thread about non MLB players getting in MLB record books.
What I care about is American culture being made more inclusive to the people it had previously excluded and how that hurts the feelings of you soft whites. I'm only here to point and laugh at you as you culture gets rearranged to suit people like me who don't even give a shit. :funnyface:

geezus.....all they are doing is comparing how the different ballplayers compare to each other.....any baseball fans know that when it comes to averages the amount of games played and how many at bats matter......its pretty hard to say someone who played 60 games has a better avg then one who played 160 games ....the guys from the 1800's should not be in those records either because of the amount of games and at bats they had ,,,,but yet they are there so you can see how they matched up....the dead ball era guys should not be in there either yet they are....what i read is that in the late 1800's they were talking about letting non whites in....Cap Anson and a bunch of other white guys said they wont play if they do that.....so it didnt happen.....its to bad because the 1930's would have had some pretty good baseball.....

• Thanks
The Negro leagues were better. That's why whites were too scared to let them in.
i dont know about better but i have asked what were they scared of too,the black guys were not scared to play against the white guys,,,,i feel it was just pure racism that kept them out........when they asked Ty Cobb about this he said let them play it will give me more competition...babe ruth used to go down and watch their games....maybe he should have championed them coming in...its all to bad because baseball would have been so much better back in the 20's and 30's.....

• Thanks
i dont know about better but i have asked what were they scared of too,the black guys were not scared to play against the white guys,,,,i feel it was just pure racism that kept them out........when they asked Ty Cobb about this he said let them play it will give me more competition...babe ruth used to go down and watch their games....maybe he should have championed them coming in...its all to bad because baseball would have been so much better back in the 20's and 30's.....
They were probably pretty much equal, but I just get tired of these racists telling me how inferior things like the Negro Leagues are.

They were probably pretty much equal, but I just get tired of these racists telling me how inferior things like the Negro Leagues are.
i hear ya im.....guys like Josh Gibson would have been great in the 30's matching up against guys like Gehrig and Foxx....apparently someone in the 40's got tired of hearing it and said lets fucking see....let them play...im glad they relented...

Giants play-by-play announcer Jon Miller has been studying baseball his entire life including players from the Negro League now being recognized in MLB record books.

It's about time this was done to correct the record, putting history back into order.

Some would say this correction is "changing our history" when it's actually doing the opposite.

Kenny Choi reports...

WTH?

Something we can finally agree on?

And what of the Japanese league?

Ignoring baseball stats simply because they are not apart of the Major Leagues is absurd.

America WAS systemically racist back then. Fortunately by the end of the 70s systemic racism was replaced by systemic favoritism and your race has been privileged ever since. Your welcome.
Branch Rickey allowing the first Black player into the major leagues did more for racial healing than any piece of legislation ever created.

Branch Rickey was a maverick when it came to baseball. He created the farm system, for example, but he then saw the talent level in the Negro League and thought to himself, there is no better player in MLB than Jackie Robinson. I will bring him here, show fans that he is just as good, if not better, and they will embrace him as he wins them a World Series. I will then get more white fans in the stadium, and well as Black fans.

And it worked.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

However, Rickey had the problem of acceptance to get it to work. Luckily, both Branch and Jackie were Christians as Branch took Jackie aside and explained to him that he MUST turn the other cheek when attacked for his color. He must make the world see that he is not the problem here, in fact, it was just the opposite, Jackie was the solution to a great many problems, like not winning ball games and racial harmony. And Jackie did it. He swallowed his pride, and just took it as he won ball game after ball game after ball game. Had he not, Jackie would have been ejected out of MLB and Blacks may have never returned for a very long time. Jackie first had to win the support of his teammates, who did not want him at first, and then the nation.

But after a year or so of taking it, as fans embraced him as their own, Branch gave Jackie the green light to begin to defend himself the best he felt he needed to do so.

Branch Rickey and Jackie Robinson, two American icons. But the whole scheme worked to bring racial harmony to the nation because back then, baseball was everything. It literally was the life blood of the country, something that is sadly missing today.

Chinese are a nationality and an ethnicity you idiot. The majority of Jamaican citizens are ethnically Sub Saharan African then Asian by why of India and China. Fuck you people are dumb. :laugh:
First, you call me a "fucking moron." Then, an "idiot. And you claim I'm the one who is triggered?! 😂

Forum List

Back