Never A Dull Moment From This Girl

There are very few examples where profit sharing or stock options are worth anything near a pay increase.

How much are employees worth when they make you all of your money?

An employer can legally reduce the pay of existing employees?

Sure they can. Why can't they?

What are you worth as an employee? Simple answer. Your worth as an employee is what your employer can pay another person to do the same job and same quality of work that you do. That's what we are all worth.

If you have a job operating a drill press for 20 bucks an hour, walk off the job after being refused a raise request, did you deserve that raise?

Well if your employer can hire another person to do your job at the same rate, then no, you were not worth that raise. If your employer can't find anybody for that money, and has to up his offer, then yes, you did deserve that raise. If your employer found somebody to do your job for 18 bucks an hour, then you were being overpaid.

This is why sweeping the floors or making french fries pays much less than an engineer. Because anybody can do those jobs, however there are many less engineers for an employer to choose from. He can't find anybody to be an engineer at his company for the money he pays floor sweepers.

Employers pay the least amount they can get away with, which is why we need a minimum wage.

Of course they do. It is not the business of employers to provide employees with the lifestyle of their choice, but to make a profit and satisfy their investors..

It is the moral responsibility of employers to pay a living wage.

Who determines what a "living wage" consists of, 1%er? You?

Living Wage Calculator

Add 20% for rent variances.

What I can't understand is why these people want to make our country like every other country of their desire instead of just moving to one of those glorious places. The problem is there is only one USA. Once they F this place up by turning into all the others, there is no other USA to move to after we realize our mistake.

Corporate America is fucking-up the United States.

You are confused Moon Bat.

It is the bloated, irresponsible, oppressive, debt ridden, liberty robbing, minority pandering government that is fucking up this country and you stupid Moon Bats want even more of it.

Corporate America and Republicans are fucking-up the US.

What are you worth as an employee? Simple answer. Your worth as an employee is what your employer can pay another person to do the same job and same quality of work that you do. That's what we are all worth.

If you have a job operating a drill press for 20 bucks an hour, walk off the job after being refused a raise request, did you deserve that raise?

Well if your employer can hire another person to do your job at the same rate, then no, you were not worth that raise. If your employer can't find anybody for that money, and has to up his offer, then yes, you did deserve that raise. If your employer found somebody to do your job for 18 bucks an hour, then you were being overpaid.

This is why sweeping the floors or making french fries pays much less than an engineer. Because anybody can do those jobs, however there are many less engineers for an employer to choose from. He can't find anybody to be an engineer at his company for the money he pays floor sweepers.

Employers pay the least amount they can get away with, which is why we need a minimum wage.

Of course they do. It is not the business of employers to provide employees with the lifestyle of their choice, but to make a profit and satisfy their investors..

Living Wage Calculator

You want a living wage? Adjust your skillset, and make yourself useful.

Living Wage Calculator

Leftist don't believe in that. They believe that you should pay a worker more than you can sell your workers labor for.

If your worker makes six widgets an hour in your widget factory, and you can only sell those widgets for two dollars each, you should pay your worker $15.00 an hour to produce $12.00 worth of product, and you'll just have to do with one less yacht.

Living Wage Calculator

I'm curious to hear why you think that people who don't have job skills that warrant a higher wage should be given one simply because you think it's a "moral responsibility" of employers to do so?

So you work for yourself...but you're not a business owner? How's that work exactly?

Very well, thanks.

Speakin' of which, gotta go. Gettin' up early for work.

You work for yourself...but you're not a business owner? Try again, Pogo. You just accused someone else of "running away". Look who's doing it now!

What's that? Sorry, I've been prepping for and travelling to work, where I am now. Working for myself, without owning the bidness.

Yay me.

Let me guess..."working for myself" is what you call working for someone else? If you don't own the business, Pogo then you aren't working for yourself...you're working for someone else!

Wrong. I see people who don't own a business that work for themselves everyday. They labor at the end of highway get off ramps.

View attachment 250485

In fairness, there are people who work as independent contractors, which the IRS lists as "self-employed", but who do not formally have "their own business". My husband does that, as a legal transcriber.

Very well, thanks.

Speakin' of which, gotta go. Gettin' up early for work.

You work for yourself...but you're not a business owner? Try again, Pogo. You just accused someone else of "running away". Look who's doing it now!

What's that? Sorry, I've been prepping for and travelling to work, where I am now. Working for myself, without owning the bidness.

Yay me.

Let me guess..."working for myself" is what you call working for someone else? If you don't own the business, Pogo then you aren't working for yourself...you're working for someone else!

Wrong. I see people who don't own a business that work for themselves everyday. They labor at the end of highway get off ramps.

View attachment 250485

In fairness, there are people who work as independent contractors, which the IRS lists as "self-employed", but who do not formally have "their own business". My husband does that, as a legal transcriber.

Just a joke really. But it strikes me funny at how many on the left claim to be independently wealthy, have their own business, work from home, or retired early from a business they previously owned. That must be it because they are all here posting during normal working hours.

Me? I'm the only truck driver here.

What's more peculiar than that is how they all have this empathy for people who don't work or didn't do anything to improve their worth to employers. None of these well-to-do libs ever suggest that these poor people should do what they did. The only people that suggest that are people on the right who claim they too are either doing very well financially or wealthy themselves.

Yay me.

View attachment 250485

Just a joke really. But it strikes me funny at how many on the left claim to be independently wealthy, have their own business, work from home, or retired early from a business they previously owned. That must be it because they are all here posting during normal working hours.

What's more peculiar than that is how they all have this empathy for people who don't work or didn't do anything to improve their worth to employers. None of these well-to-do libs ever suggest that these poor people should do what they did. The only people that suggest that are people on the right who claim they too are either doing very well financially or wealthy themselves.

I heard that. I'm apparently rare and shocking because I actually tell people I'm a mid-level administrator for a small business.

SOMEONE in this country has to work and pay the bills. Being an Internet "billionaire" isn't actually all that useful to anyone.

Living Wage Calculator

So you earn an advanced degree and have to compete with 2.4M foreigners in this country (H-1B holders who make significantly less than Americans) which was signed into law by Bush and now tRump wants to make them US citizens. WTF? Americans aren't good enough for Republicans?

Living Wage Calculator

Leftist don't believe in that. They believe that you should pay a worker more than you can sell your workers labor for.

If your worker makes six widgets an hour in your widget factory, and you can only sell those widgets for two dollars each, you should pay your worker $15.00 an hour to produce $12.00 worth of product, and you'll just have to do with one less yacht.

Your math is screwed-up as usual. It's $100.00 worth of product that the now $8.75/hr worker produces.

Living Wage Calculator

I'm curious to hear why you think that people who don't have job skills that warrant a higher wage should be given one simply because you think it's a "moral responsibility" of employers to do so?

Why would you think that workers don't have job skills? All of the 450 employees that I have today have job skills. All of the 10's of thousands that I employed in the last 40 years had job skills. Why would you think that workers don't have job skills?

People of character (like me) take into account their moral obligations to their employees because employees make them all of their money.

Yay me.

View attachment 250485

How much would your company make if you didn't do your job?

Yay me.

View attachment 250485

I heard that. I'm apparently rare and shocking because I actually tell people I'm a mid-level administrator for a small business.

SOMEONE in this country has to work and pay the bills. Being an Internet "billionaire" isn't actually all that useful to anyone.

Being a "mid-level administrator for a small business" my bet is that you aren't being paid your worth to the company.

Yay me.

View attachment 250485

I can answer that. They'd make the same amount, because they'd hire someone else.

Yay me.

View attachment 250485

How much would I make if I didn't have a company to work for?

Living Wage Calculator

Why would you think that workers don't have job skills? All of the 450 employees that I have today have job skills. All of the 10's of thousands that I employed in the last 40 years had job skills. Why would you think that workers don't have job skills?

People of character (like me) take into account their moral obligations to their employees because employees make them all of their money.

That's how we know you're a phony. If you actually did own a business and were paying people whatever your "moral obligation" was, and your competitors were paying their employees what they were worth, you would be out of business.

View attachment 250485

Being a "mid-level administrator for a small business" my bet is that you aren't being paid your worth to the company.

In my very particular case, probably not. When I was hired, I took the place of the three people who were doing my job before me. On the other hand, when they realized that they didn't have to hire anyone to replace those people because I was able to do it all myself, they did give me a raise that puts me at about a dollar an hour short of what my supervisor makes, and which puts me well above what I could command at another company were I to look for another job. And they afford me a level of freedom and autonomy in my work that is virtually unheard-of in office work, not to mention that I have job security normally only found in civil service.

Living Wage Calculator

Your math is screwed-up as usual. It's $100.00 worth of product that the now $8.75/hr worker produces.

It all depends on the product. If the product is created through automation, all the worker does is press buttons. That's hardly worth anything. They may help in some of the packaging processes depending on the device. However it's a low skill talentless job that an employer can get anybody to do.

Living Wage Calculator

So you earn an advanced degree and have to compete with 2.4M foreigners in this country (H-1B holders who make significantly less than Americans) which was signed into law by Bush and now tRump wants to make them US citizens. WTF? Americans aren't good enough for Republicans?

It's Republicans who are trying to keep them out. The Democrats are stopping the wall and various other attempts Trump is trying to keep them out. If they can't accomplish that themselves, their activist judges try.

Living Wage Calculator

Are you really claiming to be a wealthy business owner? I love it when you progressives think you can lend credence to your ridiculous claims by pretending to be successful! It's so cute...

Forum List

Back