Never A Dull Moment From This Girl

And they drive newer cars, they have smart phones, likely several video game packages, cable or satellite television, one or more children.......

Yes, that's called profit sharing and if that's the way you feel, you need to get a job that offers that benefit, although very few do anymore. But there is another way to share in your companies wealth, and that is to buy their stock. Some might even offer it to you at a discount. But don't expect them to pay you more than your work is worth if they are doing well. It's no different than them paying you less during a recession or when things are not doing well.

There are very few examples where profit sharing or stock options are worth anything near a pay increase.

How much are employees worth when they make you all of your money?

An employer can legally reduce the pay of existing employees?

Sure they can. Why can't they?

What are you worth as an employee? Simple answer. Your worth as an employee is what your employer can pay another person to do the same job and same quality of work that you do. That's what we are all worth.

If you have a job operating a drill press for 20 bucks an hour, walk off the job after being refused a raise request, did you deserve that raise?

Well if your employer can hire another person to do your job at the same rate, then no, you were not worth that raise. If your employer can't find anybody for that money, and has to up his offer, then yes, you did deserve that raise. If your employer found somebody to do your job for 18 bucks an hour, then you were being overpaid.

This is why sweeping the floors or making french fries pays much less than an engineer. Because anybody can do those jobs, however there are many less engineers for an employer to choose from. He can't find anybody to be an engineer at his company for the money he pays floor sweepers.

Employers pay the least amount they can get away with, which is why we need a minimum wage.

Of course they do. It is not the business of employers to provide employees with the lifestyle of their choice, but to make a profit and satisfy their investors..

It is the moral responsibility of employers to pay a living wage.

Who says, and where is it written?

Ya know what happens when you "have a business that went bankrupt"?

YOU failed and screwed everyone that worked with or for you

Donald Trump has owned or operated over 500 businesses in his lifetime. That means he had one bankruptcy for every 100 businesses he operated. Find me another business person with that kind of record. Mind you, most of his bankruptcies happened during a recession when a lot of businesses were doing the same.

The majority of businesses in the US don't file bankruptcy.

That's actually wrong. 96% of businesses fail within 10 years.

Why 96 Percent of Businesses Fail Within 10 Years

Being a Canadian you may not know that the US has 30 million businesses. The majority of which DO NOT file bankruptcy.

Being a dumbass, you may not know that 600,000 new businesses open every year, and nearly as many go out of business in the same period.

I wrote; The majority of businesses in the US don't file bankruptcy.

Trump had businesses that went bankrupt, Pogo. He himself has always been solvent. I know this kind of stuff confuses people like you who've never owned one business let alone dozens but it's not uncommon at all for someone who starts multiple new businesses to have some succeed and some fail. The reason you keep them separate as their own corporations is so that you DON'T have your failures sabotage your successes!

As for you never going bankrupt? Of course you haven't! You've never risked your own time and money starting up a company. You're a drone. People like you work for others.

Donald Trump has owned or operated over 500 businesses in his lifetime. That means he had one bankruptcy for every 100 businesses he operated. Find me another business person with that kind of record. Mind you, most of his bankruptcies happened during a recession when a lot of businesses were doing the same.

Being a Canadian you may not know that the US has 30 million businesses. The majority of which DO NOT file bankruptcy.
What part of "96% of new businesses fail in 10 years" didn't you understand?

I'm "obsessed" because I'm amused by your claim to be a business owner, Pogo? Sure, little buddy...sure!

I haven't claimed to be a "business owner". You need to learn to read.

That's why I didn't bother responding to your drooling trollism. It's something you made up.

So you work for yourself...but you're not a business owner? How's that work exactly?

And they drive newer cars, they have smart phones, likely several video game packages, cable or satellite television, one or more children.......

Yes, that's called profit sharing and if that's the way you feel, you need to get a job that offers that benefit, although very few do anymore. But there is another way to share in your companies wealth, and that is to buy their stock. Some might even offer it to you at a discount. But don't expect them to pay you more than your work is worth if they are doing well. It's no different than them paying you less during a recession or when things are not doing well.

There are very few examples where profit sharing or stock options are worth anything near a pay increase.

What are you worth as an employee? Simple answer. Your worth as an employee is what your employer can pay another person to do the same job and same quality of work that you do. That's what we are all worth.

If you have a job operating a drill press for 20 bucks an hour, walk off the job after being refused a raise request, did you deserve that raise?

Well if your employer can hire another person to do your job at the same rate, then no, you were not worth that raise. If your employer can't find anybody for that money, and has to up his offer, then yes, you did deserve that raise. If your employer found somebody to do your job for 18 bucks an hour, then you were being overpaid.

This is why sweeping the floors or making french fries pays much less than an engineer. Because anybody can do those jobs, however there are many less engineers for an employer to choose from. He can't find anybody to be an engineer at his company for the money he pays floor sweepers.

Employers pay the least amount they can get away with, which is why we need a minimum wage.

Of course they do. It is not the business of employers to provide employees with the lifestyle of their choice, but to make a profit and satisfy their investors..

Who determines what a "living wage" consists of, 1%er? You?

I'm "obsessed" because I'm amused by your claim to be a business owner, Pogo? Sure, little buddy...sure!

That's why I didn't bother responding to your drooling trollism. It's something you made up.

So you work for yourself...but you're not a business owner? How's that work exactly?

Very well, thanks.

Speakin' of which, gotta go. Gettin' up early for work.

What I can't understand is why these people want to make our country like every other country of their desire instead of just moving to one of those glorious places. The problem is there is only one USA. Once they F this place up by turning into all the others, there is no other USA to move to after we realize our mistake.

Corporate America is fucking-up the United States.

You are confused Moon Bat.

It is the bloated, irresponsible, oppressive, debt ridden, liberty robbing, minority pandering government that is fucking up this country and you stupid Moon Bats want even more of it.

Very well, thanks.

You work for yourself and you have to "get up early"? Gosh ... :71:

Very well, thanks.

Yep. I don't set the time of the events. Besides which it's over 100 miles away.

Very well, thanks.

Yep. I don't set the time of the events. Besides which it's over 100 miles away.

Performing a bris?

Who determines what a "living wage" consists of, 1%er? You?

That's what they believe. Leftists believe it's incumbent on them to tell the rest of the country what a living wage should be. It's incumbent on them to tell us what the minimum wage should be. It's incumbent on them to tell us what wealthy means. Democrats feel they are the sole arbitrator as to who has too much and how much should be taken away from them.

Very well, thanks.

You work for yourself...but you're not a business owner? Try again, Pogo. You just accused someone else of "running away". Look who's doing it now!

Being a dumbass, you may not know that 600,000 new businesses open every year, and nearly as many go out of business in the same period.

I wrote; The majority of businesses in the US don't file bankruptcy.

And I wrote, most of them just go out of business.

Very well, thanks.

Don't we all?

Very well, thanks.

You work for yourself...but you're not a business owner? Try again, Pogo. You just accused someone else of "running away". Look who's doing it now!

What's that? Sorry, I've been prepping for and travelling to work, where I am now. Working for myself, without owning the bidness.

Yay me.

Very well, thanks.

What's that? Sorry, I've been prepping for and travelling to work, where I am now. Working for myself, without owning the bidness.

Yay me.

Let me guess..."working for myself" is what you call working for someone else? If you don't own the business, Pogo then you aren't working for yourself...you're working for someone else!

53869282_1466613373469407_1115235511636590592_n.jpg

Very well, thanks.

Yay me.

Let me guess..."working for myself" is what you call working for someone else? If you don't own the business, Pogo then you aren't working for yourself...you're working for someone else!

Wrong. I see people who don't own a business that work for themselves everyday. They labor at the end of highway get off ramps.

Unknown.jpeg

Very well, thanks.

Yay me.

Wrong. I see people who don't own a business that work for themselves everyday. They labor at the end of highway get off ramps.

View attachment 250485

Ah...so you think Pogo was off to claim a good spot?

What part of "96% of new businesses fail in 10 years" didn't you understand?

Which part of those "96%" are shell corporations?

Forum List

Back