Never A Dull Moment From This Girl

What I can't understand is why these people want to make our country like every other country of their desire instead of just moving to one of those glorious places. The problem is there is only one USA. Once they F this place up by turning into all the others, there is no other USA to move to after we realize our mistake.

Corporate America is fucking-up the United States.
All that employment and prosperity is ruining it

We have 8.8M working class poor in America. Who do you think is responsible for that?

The 8.8 million working class poor. Who else would be responsible for it?

Living Wage Calculator

Add 20% for rent variances.

You want a living wage? Adjust your skillset, and make yourself useful.

So you earn an advanced degree and have to compete with 2.4M foreigners in this country (H-1B holders who make significantly less than Americans) which was signed into law by Bush and now tRump wants to make them US citizens. WTF? Americans aren't good enough for Republicans?

It's Republicans who are trying to keep them out. The Democrats are stopping the wall and various other attempts Trump is trying to keep them out. If they can't accomplish that themselves, their activist judges try.

No, Republicans dodge the problem with the wall. The real problem is employers like tRump that hire illegal aliens. Obama went after those employers, why not tRump?

It's bush that signed the H-1B visa law that allows foreigners to take Americans jobs, and tRump now touts the law as a means for citizenship. Republicans brought in 2.4M H-1B foreigners to take Americans jobs.

I was only a Bush fan up to the point of beating the Democrat. Bush is hardly a conservative. And remember his sister-in-law is a Mexican immigrant so him taking a tough stand on immigration makes for a not so comfortable Christmas.

Trump hires legal immigrants. The wives tale about him hiring illegals was just another liberal lie. Trump hired a demolition company to clear the area where Trump Tower stands today, and it was that demolition company that was found to have illegals working for them. Trump had no idea nor control over who the company hires, and it's not up to the customer to check the employment status of the employees of who he hires.

But of course as usual, the Democrats lied about it and now it's internet propaganda.

Wrong bush...dumb ass!

Trump hires legal immigrants - Google Search.

Just a joke really. But it strikes me funny at how many on the left claim to be independently wealthy, have their own business, work from home, or retired early from a business they previously owned. That must be it because they are all here posting during normal working hours.

Me? I'm the only truck driver here.

What's more peculiar than that is how they all have this empathy for people who don't work or didn't do anything to improve their worth to employers. None of these well-to-do libs ever suggest that these poor people should do what they did. The only people that suggest that are people on the right who claim they too are either doing very well financially or wealthy themselves.

I heard that. I'm apparently rare and shocking because I actually tell people I'm a mid-level administrator for a small business.

SOMEONE in this country has to work and pay the bills. Being an Internet "billionaire" isn't actually all that useful to anyone.

Being a "mid-level administrator for a small business" my bet is that you aren't being paid your worth to the company.

In my very particular case, probably not. When I was hired, I took the place of the three people who were doing my job before me. On the other hand, when they realized that they didn't have to hire anyone to replace those people because I was able to do it all myself, they did give me a raise that puts me at about a dollar an hour short of what my supervisor makes, and which puts me well above what I could command at another company were I to look for another job. And they afford me a level of freedom and autonomy in my work that is virtually unheard-of in office work, not to mention that I have job security normally only found in civil service.

Your supervisor needs a raise in pay.

No, my supervisor, while a very nice woman and quite competent at her job, makes slightly above the going rate for her job in this city.

An employee is an employers best asset. Why would one pay their best asset.....going rate? Answer: CHEAP

Leftist don't believe in that. They believe that you should pay a worker more than you can sell your workers labor for.

If your worker makes six widgets an hour in your widget factory, and you can only sell those widgets for two dollars each, you should pay your worker $15.00 an hour to produce $12.00 worth of product, and you'll just have to do with one less yacht.

Your math is screwed-up as usual. It's $100.00 worth of product that the now $8.75/hr worker produces.

It all depends on the product. If the product is created through automation, all the worker does is press buttons. That's hardly worth anything. They may help in some of the packaging processes depending on the device. However it's a low skill talentless job that an employer can get anybody to do.

If nobody pressed the button, the company wouldn't make any money. So the button pusher is key to the success of the company. How much do you pay a key success?

All they do is the job they are getting paid for. The employee needs the employer more than the other way around. That's why the employee is not in the position to ask for a resume from the employer or tell the employer what he or she must pay. The employer picks the worker, the employer interviews the worker, the employer decides what the wages will pay.

Answer the question! If nobody pressed the button, the company wouldn't make any money. So the button pusher is key to the success of the company. How much do you pay a key success?

Living Wage Calculator

I'm curious to hear why you think that people who don't have job skills that warrant a higher wage should be given one simply because you think it's a "moral responsibility" of employers to do so?

Why would you think that workers don't have job skills? All of the 450 employees that I have today have job skills. All of the 10's of thousands that I employed in the last 40 years had job skills. Why would you think that workers don't have job skills?

People of character (like me) take into account their moral obligations to their employees because employees make them all of their money.

That's how we know you're a phony. If you actually did own a business and were paying people whatever your "moral obligation" was, and your competitors were paying their employees what they were worth, you would be out of business.

You're writing that employers without character don't pay a living wage to their employees that make them all of their money?

Yes, that's the way it works. Just because an employer is not paying what an employee would like does not mean they lack character. If whatever pay they are offering is not attracting workers, then they need to increase their offer. If they find people for the wages and benefits offered, then there is no reason to pay any more.

We non-employers do this in our lives. If you get three estimates from lawn care companies to take care of your yard, you choose the lowest bid. If you get three bids to have your transmission rebuilt in your car, you take the lowest price. We all do it, not just businesses.

It must be a full moon!

Employers without character don't pay a living wage.

You NEVER take the lowest bid. If you get three, you take the middle.

Any mechanical rebuild, you ALWAYS take the one with the best warranty, because it WILL break again.

I'm curious to hear why you think that people who don't have job skills that warrant a higher wage should be given one simply because you think it's a "moral responsibility" of employers to do so?

Why would you think that workers don't have job skills? All of the 450 employees that I have today have job skills. All of the 10's of thousands that I employed in the last 40 years had job skills. Why would you think that workers don't have job skills?

People of character (like me) take into account their moral obligations to their employees because employees make them all of their money.

That's how we know you're a phony. If you actually did own a business and were paying people whatever your "moral obligation" was, and your competitors were paying their employees what they were worth, you would be out of business.

You're writing that employers without character don't pay a living wage to their employees that make them all of their money?

Yes, that's the way it works. Just because an employer is not paying what an employee would like does not mean they lack character. If whatever pay they are offering is not attracting workers, then they need to increase their offer. If they find people for the wages and benefits offered, then there is no reason to pay any more.

We non-employers do this in our lives. If you get three estimates from lawn care companies to take care of your yard, you choose the lowest bid. If you get three bids to have your transmission rebuilt in your car, you take the lowest price. We all do it, not just businesses.

It must be a full moon!

Any mechanical rebuild, you ALWAYS take the one with the best warranty, because it WILL break again.

No, I'm talking about all three doing the same quality of work. I don't know what you do, but most Americans pick the cheapest one.

You would never pay $20.00 for a watermelon, would you? Then why would you pay an employee more money than you have to? When did you become the arbiter of character anyway?

People don't open up businesses as a social obligation. People open up businesses to provide products or services for a profit. If you overpay your employees, you will eventually join them in the unemployment line when your competitors put you out of business.

In fairness, there are people who work as independent contractors, which the IRS lists as "self-employed", but who do not formally have "their own business". My husband does that, as a legal transcriber.

Just a joke really. But it strikes me funny at how many on the left claim to be independently wealthy, have their own business, work from home, or retired early from a business they previously owned. That must be it because they are all here posting during normal working hours.

What's more peculiar than that is how they all have this empathy for people who don't work or didn't do anything to improve their worth to employers. None of these well-to-do libs ever suggest that these poor people should do what they did. The only people that suggest that are people on the right who claim they too are either doing very well financially or wealthy themselves.

How much would your company make if you didn't do your job?

How much would I make if I didn't have a company to work for?

It's not about YOU! How much would YOUR COMPANY THAT YOU WORK make if YOU didn't do your job?

Your argument is ridiculous.

Let's say that I was selling a car that you wanted to buy. We agree to meet and do the sale. You can't claim that I'm in any better of a position because I have your money for the car. Nor can I claim you are in a better position because if for not me selling you the car, you'd have no transportation.

It was a mutual agreement. I wanted X for my car, and you agreed to buy the car for X money. We both benefited equally.

It's the same thing in the employer/ employee world. The employer offers X money and benefits to do a job, and you agree to work for X benefits and money to do a job. Me having a job and my employer having a good worker benefits us both.

It's your argument that is ridiculous.

Most employers/businesses lack morals and ethics which is why we have rules like minimum wage.

Leftist don't believe in that. They believe that you should pay a worker more than you can sell your workers labor for.

If your worker makes six widgets an hour in your widget factory, and you can only sell those widgets for two dollars each, you should pay your worker $15.00 an hour to produce $12.00 worth of product, and you'll just have to do with one less yacht.

Your math is screwed-up as usual. It's $100.00 worth of product that the now $8.75/hr worker produces.

It all depends on the product. If the product is created through automation, all the worker does is press buttons. That's hardly worth anything. They may help in some of the packaging processes depending on the device. However it's a low skill talentless job that an employer can get anybody to do.

If nobody pressed the button, the company wouldn't make any money. So the button pusher is key to the success of the company. How much do you pay a key success?

All they do is the job they are getting paid for. The employee needs the employer more than the other way around. That's why the employee is not in the position to ask for a resume from the employer or tell the employer what he or she must pay. The employer picks the worker, the employer interviews the worker, the employer decides what the wages will pay.

Answer the question! If nobody pressed the button, the company wouldn't make any money. So the button pusher is key to the success of the company. How much do you pay a key success?

No they are not the key to success. The key to success of the company is the person(s) who took hard earned money and invested it; the people who erected or leased a building to run their operations; the people who purchased the necessary equipment to produce a product; the people who pay the taxes and utility bills; the people who pay for the maintenance of the property. That's who the key to success is.

A worker does one thing, work.

It's not about YOU! How much would YOUR COMPANY THAT YOU WORK make if YOU didn't do your job?

Let's say that I was selling a car that you wanted to buy. We agree to meet and do the sale. You can't claim that I'm in any better of a position because I have your money for the car. Nor can I claim you are in a better position because if for not me selling you the car, you'd have no transportation.

It was a mutual agreement. I wanted X for my car, and you agreed to buy the car for X money. We both benefited equally.

It's the same thing in the employer/ employee world. The employer offers X money and benefits to do a job, and you agree to work for X benefits and money to do a job. Me having a job and my employer having a good worker benefits us both.

Most employers/businesses lack morals and ethics which is why we have rules like minimum wage.

No, we had minimum wage when employers were able to take advantage of workers; making them work for a dollar or two a day.

Most places don't even pay minimum wage anymore because they can't find workers for that money. They can't take advantage of the worker today. Minimum wage workers are 3% of our workforce in the US, and most of them make more than minimum wage in a years time if they stay with the employer.

It must be a full moon!

No, I'm talking about all three doing the same quality of work. I don't know what you do, but most Americans pick the cheapest one.

You would never pay $20.00 for a watermelon, would you? Then why would you pay an employee more money than you have to? When did you become the arbiter of character anyway?

People don't open up businesses as a social obligation. People open up businesses to provide products or services for a profit. If you overpay your employees, you will eventually join them in the unemployment line when your competitors put you out of business.

No business in history ever failed because they overpaid their employees.

No they are not the key to success. The key to success of the company is the person(s) who took hard earned money and invested it; the people who erected or leased a building to run their operations; the people who purchased the necessary equipment to produce a product; the people who pay the taxes and utility bills; the people who pay for the maintenance of the property. That's who the key to success is.

The efforts of the worker make all the money for the business. How much do you pay someone that makes you all of your money?

The efforts of the worker make all the money for the business. How much do you pay someone that makes you all of your money?

As little as you can. That's how a business becomes successful and able to compete with foreign made products. Again, why would you pay $20.00 for a watermelon when the $7.00 watermelons are sitting right next to them?

No, we had minimum wage when employers were able to take advantage of workers; making them work for a dollar or two a day.

Most places don't even pay minimum wage anymore because they can't find workers for that money. They can't take advantage of the worker today. Minimum wage workers are 3% of our workforce in the US, and most of them make more than minimum wage in a years time if they stay with the employer.

Here is what happens when you have a lack of morals and ethics.

Knight-Swift Agrees to $100 Million Settlement in Misclassification Lawsuit

It must be a full moon!

No business in history ever failed because they overpaid their employees.

We are not talking about history. History has changed, and it started around 1980.

Americans have become consumed with cheap. We don't care about quality anymore, we care about how low of a price we can get an item or service.

In order to sell your product, you have to produce it cheaper or for the same cost as your competitor. If you don't, you will go out of business.

So the goal is to keep costs down if you want to survive in the business world.

This has nothing to do with the discussion here.

As little as you can. That's how a business becomes successful and able to compete with foreign made products. Again, why would you pay $20.00 for a watermelon when the $7.00 watermelons are sitting right next to them?

When it blows-up it blows-up big!

Aren't businesses ethically partly responsible for the economy?

You wrote: "employers were able to take advantage of workers"

Knight-Swift got caught....

Who determines what a "living wage" consists of, 1%er? You?

Living Wage Calculator

Are you really claiming to be a wealthy business owner? I love it when you progressives think you can lend credence to your ridiculous claims by pretending to be successful! It's so cute...

I find it amusing and a little sad that you don't have the thought process to answer my post, but instead go to attack mode.

Why would anyone waste their time answering posts from someone who's obviously full of shit? You're the kind of person that pretends to be things they aren't on the internet because their lives are so uninspiring!

You wrote: "employers were able to take advantage of workers"

Knight-Swift got caught....

So you bring that up in a minimum or living wage discussion???? Very weak......even for you.

Living Wage Calculator

If you think the entry-level, unskilled button pusher is all there is to the company's success, you're a moron beyond even what I previously thought.

Forum List

Back