Never Forget! Ashli Babbit Died For Their Freedom To Trample On Our Right To Have Our Votes Count

Opening the door (which is how the first wave of rioters got into the Capitol) was just one example of what could have happened. 2 of the 4 windows were already busted out. Many from that violent mob could have poured in through those windows. Cops were too vastly outnumbered to stop them.

So they shot an unarmed woman to make a point. Just admit that, you idiots all but say that.

If that's how you are going to play it, then you are even more dishonest that I assumed.

Was she brandishing it?

Again, was it open, or was this photograph staged to make it look like she may have been brandishing it open?

Doesn't matter if she was brandishing it. She was armed. Armed only means carrying a weapon.

Lies can only be about known facts. Opinions cannot be lies.

They can be wrong, but they can't be lies.

Of course they can be lies. Don't be ridiculous. If I base an opinion on something I know to be false, it's a lie. You don't get to lie but then claim you're not lying because it's your opinion.

The quotes imply my derision at the official story of a "good shoot" i.e. "nothing happened"

If you can't get the nuance of that, May I suggest the Hello Kitty Message Board as something more your speed.

So nobody said, "nothing happened."

Doesn't matter if she was brandishing it. She was armed. Armed only means carrying a weapon.

armed in the US usually means firearm, and she didn't have one of those.

He did.

And brandishing is relevant because we are discussing his supposed mindset when he gunned her down.

Of course they can be lies. Don't be ridiculous. If I base an opinion on something I know to be false, it's a lie. You don't get to lie but then claim you're not lying because it's your opinion.

No, it a wrong opinion, not a lie.

Lying involves you having to 1) know the fact and 2) ignoring the fact and substituting your own falsehood.

So they shot an unarmed woman to make a point. Just admit that, you idiots all but say that.

No, he shot an armed woman because she was breaking into the Speaker's Lobby where a House Representative had just been seen and feet away from the House chamber where more members of Congress were holed up.

No, he shot an armed woman because she was breaking into the Speaker's Lobby where a House Representative had just been seen and feet away from the House chamber where more members of Congress were holed up.

She wasn't armed as per usual convention, i.e. a firearm.

It was a utility knife.

armed in the US usually means firearm, and she didn't have one of those.

He did.

And brandishing is relevant because we are discussing his supposed mindset when he gunned her down.

False. Armed means carrying a weapon.

Screenshot_20240603_142158_Samsung Internet.jpg

No, it a wrong opinion, not a lie.

Lying involves you having to 1) know the fact and 2) ignoring the fact and substituting your own falsehood.

False. Opinions can be lies. Like your opinion she was hanging in the window frame. You know she wasn't. You know she was passing through up until the point she was shot. Stating it's just your opinion that she was hanging, is not just wrong, it's a lie.

False. Opinions can be lies. Like your opinion she was hanging in the window frame. You know she wasn't. You know she was passing through up until the point she was shot. Stating it's just your opinion that she was hanging, is not just wrong, it's a lie.

She was hanging there the moment she was shot. She also fell back into the first room, implying she wasn't more than half way through said window.

She was hung up in the window in the ACT of going through it. At the time of the shoot, she was still hanging in it.

Sorry but since most worksites don't allow you to be armed, but many carry work knives, that isn't going to fly.

in 1450 heavily armed might mean a bladed weapon, but in 2020 it's a firearm.

Law in DC is any knife with a blade over 2½" is considered a dangerous weapon.

She was armed. Deal with it.

She was hanging there the moment she was shot. She also fell back into the first room, implying she wasn't more than half way through said window.

She was hung up in the window in the ACT of going through it. At the time of the shoot, she was still hanging in it.

At no time was she hanging.

No, she wasn't.

Armed in 2020 America means a firearm. Someone with a utility knife in a Police Bolo isn't armed and dangerous over a utility knife.

Armed in 2020...

§ 930. Possession of firearms and dangerous weapons in Federal facilities

The term “dangerous weapon” means a weapon, device, instrument, material, or substance, animate or inanimate, that is used for, or is readily capable of, causing death or serious bodily injury, except that such term does not include a pocket knife with a blade of less than 2½ inches in length.

Law in DC is any knife with a blade over 2½" is considered a dangerous weapon.

She was armed. Deal with it.

DC also banned handgun ownership for decades.

Talk about arguing chickenshit to justify shooting a woman dead.

Forum List

Back