New 2020 Census Question

Census and voting rights are two different things. The constitution is on CA side.

Census and voting rights are two different things. The constitution is on CA side.

Could you please point out where it reads in the constitution that non-citizens can vote in this country?

I'm having a hard time finding that part.

Could you please point out where it reads in the constitution that non-citizens can vote in this country?

The census has nothing to do with voting rights.

But it does have everything with how your vote counts, right?

Let's see how California tries to weasel out of this one. :laughing0301:

The census does count the population to develop voting district boundaries and the number of reps to D.C. and electoral college votes allocated, but that part (the E.C.) hasn't been changed since the 30's if I remember correctly.
Rather than asking if someone is here legally, why couldn't they ask "are you eligible to vote?" There are many people here legally who are not citizens and there are citizens who can't vote due to prior felony convictions. So that question doesn't mean you're here illegally and everyone should be able to answer it truthfully, shouldn't they?
Or they could have a separate schedule without names that simply checks a yes or no for every citizen 18 or older without specifying the address.

Why is it not valid? Oh, I see. ICE might take the info and come hunting for them. So illegals will either lie or hide from the census taker, making the census less accurate than it could have been.
It's a CRIME to lie on the census, so everyone will obey. Gun laws teach us that.

The census does count the population to develop voting district boundaries and the number of reps to D.C. and electoral college votes allocated, but that part (the E.C.) hasn't been changed since the 30's if I remember correctly.
Rather than asking if someone is here legally, why couldn't they ask "are you eligible to vote?" There are many people here legally who are not citizens and there are citizens who can't vote due to prior felony convictions. So that question doesn't mean you're here illegally and everyone should be able to answer it truthfully, shouldn't they?
Or they could have a separate schedule without names that simply checks a yes or no for every citizen 18 or older without specifying the address.

Rather than asking if someone is here legally, why couldn't they ask "are you eligible to vote?"

Because citizen children, who should be counted, aren't eligible.

If asking about citizenship was good enough for Bill Clinton in 2000, it's perfectly fine for Trump to include it now.

Just sayin'.

Here we go again, yet another gotdamned debate about hispanics....I wish liberals would spend more time champion for all people in the party besides fuckin illegals!!

ARE YOU A CITIZEN?

Libs are outraged! California vows to sue!

How many seats will California lose?!

www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/democrats-vow-fight-trump-administration-over-census-citizenship-question-n860341
Why is it not valid? Oh, I see. ICE might take the info and come hunting for them. So illegals will either lie or hide from the census taker, making the census less accurate than it could have been.

Why should they be counted in the first place? The census is supposed to be a representation of how many citizens there are in this country.

Of course there is one reason why the left doesn't want them counted: It will give support to Trump's statement that 5 million illegals voted for Hillary.

Forum List

Back