New Conservative Myth - Prayer not allowed in Schools

Why are Republican Christians so adamant about perpetuating this myth? Political gain?

I received an e-mail from one of my Christian Republican friends with a video of some high-school kids claiming that the reason we have so many terrorist acts/shootings is because God was kicked out of the schools, public buildings and football games, when Prayer was taken out of the schools.

This is such a bald-face lie and wrong at so many levels.

Prayer was not taken out of the schools, public perfunctory prayer-time (moment of silence) was taken out of school. This was actually a good thing. Since the USA embraces people of so many religions, it would not be to my liking if Muslims, Buddhists, Shintoists, etc., demanded they be allowed to lead in a moment of silence....especially Muslims wanting every student to face east as a prayer is ushered to Allah several times a day.

There is no law preventing anyone, including children from praying, anytime, anywhere. If there is, please show me. If Christian Republicans are teaching their children that they cannot pray in schools, they are doing a disservice to their children as well as to their faith. They should instead be teaching their children, especially teens, that they need to pray, anywhere, anytime.

Also, God was not kicked out of schools, public buildings and football games. That's another bald face lie. True Christians know that when they accept Jesus, the Holy Spirit inhabits their spirit, so, as long as we have Christian children and Christian teachers in school, God (Holy Spirit) will be there also. So, how can they say God is no longer there? If God is not there, then there are no Christians there, either.

Romans 8:
9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

Also, why do conservative Christians relish this "public prayer" so much? Jesus was very clear in how we should pray.

Mathew 6
1 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

5"When you pray, you are not to be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners so that they may be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. 6"But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.

It is for political gain. They seem to think their base are composed of idiots. The good news is that it keeps popping up less and less so as long as the facts are reiterated maybe it will be eradicated.

Why are Republican Christians so adamant about perpetuating this myth? Political gain?

I received an e-mail from one of my Christian Republican friends with a video of some high-school kids claiming that the reason we have so many terrorist acts/shootings is because God was kicked out of the schools, public buildings and football games, when Prayer was taken out of the schools.

This is such a bald-face lie and wrong at so many levels.

Prayer was not taken out of the schools, public perfunctory prayer-time (moment of silence) was taken out of school. This was actually a good thing. Since the USA embraces people of so many religions, it would not be to my liking if Muslims, Buddhists, Shintoists, etc., demanded they be allowed to lead in a moment of silence....especially Muslims wanting every student to face east as a prayer is ushered to Allah several times a day.

There is no law preventing anyone, including children from praying, anytime, anywhere. If there is, please show me. If Christian Republicans are teaching their children that they cannot pray in schools, they are doing a disservice to their children as well as to their faith. They should instead be teaching their children, especially teens, that they need to pray, anywhere, anytime.

Also, God was not kicked out of schools, public buildings and football games. That's another bald face lie. True Christians know that when they accept Jesus, the Holy Spirit inhabits their spirit, so, as long as we have Christian children and Christian teachers in school, God (Holy Spirit) will be there also. So, how can they say God is no longer there? If God is not there, then there are no Christians there, either.

Romans 8:
9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

Also, why do conservative Christians relish this "public prayer" so much? Jesus was very clear in how we should pray.

Mathew 6
1 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

5"When you pray, you are not to be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners so that they may be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. 6"But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.

It is for political gain. They seem to think their base are composed of idiots. The good news is that it keeps popping up less and less so as long as the facts are reiterated maybe it will be eradicated.

I believe you're right. Unfortunately, most of these conservative Christians believe this crap, because obviously they're not familiar with the Bible they love so much.

I'm still waiting for Sassy to refute this thread.............guess I'll be covered in these before she responds.........:)

dusty-spiderwebs_26691_600x450.jpg

• Funny.....this thread has had 286 views.....but only 22 dared to reply and all of them agreed, except one, and she hasn't refuted it, yet. Where are the responses of those who are spreading this lie? Surely some of the 286 have to be conservative and part of the group that is spreading this myth?

Replies:
    Views:

Forum List

Back