New development in the shooting case of the black georgia jogger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed....the poster you are replying to is clueless....what the GBI is doing under and by the directions of the politicians in Atlanta is to conduct 'political theater' aka placate the blacks...to keep them from rioting, looting and burning etc. Which they are always looking for an excuse to do...ya know......great opportunity to go down and grab some toys and have fun....maybe even get on T.V.

What most have not heard about ...is the history of this black guy....a history of a felony conviction, a history of theft and violating his probation not even to mention his mental history.....the former D.A. mentioned that....when that comes out it should be very interesting.....also the new video of him visiting and trespassing into that home under construction in the dark of the night does not help the prosecution at all.

Then there is the video which clearly shows the black guy committing assault.

So I say even despite all the political pressure to lynch these guys....if they can get some decent legal representation and get a honest jury they will walk as they should....all they were doing was to try and protect their community.

I could give a fuck if you think I'm clueless. The fact of the matter is that state authorities, and not the "good ol' boys" network has this case and has moved forward with it.

Your racism does nothing to negate the facts of the case, which are more importantly characterized by the authorities than by you...
But what law did they break? And if you can’t name one then why do you hate these guys?

Well, they're being charged with murder and aggravated assault, so I'll go ahead and guess that you don't exactly need to be F. Lee Bailey to discern that they're suspected of breaking laws pertinent to those charges.

As for hating them, they're typical south Georgia, cowardly redneck racists. That's how I see them. They chased down an unarmed man and they killed him. I'm sure you view them as heroes, but I find nothing to admire.

In my mind, there's not a single thing which can justify what they did. Nothing. He did not threaten them an iota, and they went after him. The two of them bear 100% of the responsibility for Arbery's death. They should be held accountable for it and justice should be overwhelmingly severe.

I would like to think that, if and when they're convicted, they will be executed. They've earned that...
it’s not murder they were on the phone with the cops you need to be premeditated to be murder, they were calling for help. You’re too emotional to discuss this you literally think black men should be allowed to attack white man you’re crazy

Nope. It does not need to be premeditated to be Murder in Georgia.

(c) A person also commits the offense of murder when, in the commission of a felony, he causes the death of another human being irrespective of malice.

Now how is it you are so certain of so many things that are not true? So does it need to be premeditated to be Murder?
Do you want to make a legal citizen arrest a felony? Was carrying a gun I felony?

Actually given the circumstances. Yes. Both were felonies. Let’s again discuss what Georgia Law actually says.

Citizens Arrest. Let us begin there.

A private person may arrest an offender if the offense is committed in his presence or within his immediate knowledge. If the offense is a felony and the offender is escaping or attempting to escape, a private person may arrest him upon reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion.

The McMichaels had no immediate knowledge of any crime. They did not see any Felonies. They were not authorized by law to perform a citizens arrest. So the attempt itself was illegal.

Brandishing in Georgia. The charge resulting from this is Aggravated Assault. A Felony. Let’s look at that shall we?

(2) With a deadly weapon or with any object, device, or instrument which, when used offensively against a person, is likely to or actually does result in serious bodily injury

So when Daddy has his gun in hand and Junior jumped out of the truck with his shotgun in hand to illegally detain Ahmad they committed the crime of Aggravated Assault. A felony.

This is why the police thought that the McMichaels should be arrested. It was not a case of Citizens Arrest. It was not a case of self defense. The victim in every way was dead.

The McMichaels told the police they saw a black guy running down the road. They did not see any crime committed. They do not get to arrest anyone because they think he might be the bad guy. Because he might have committed a crime some other time does not cut it in Georgia. Citizens Arrest in this state requires you to be 100% certain. Because you are betting your life and freedom on being right. If you are wrong you are the criminal.
how do you know they didnt have immediate knowledge???

You really should read the links. The statement of the McMichaels to the police said they saw him running down the street. It does not say they saw him enter or leave any houses. They saw him running. So for their immediate knowledge he was a black guy who had been seen running in the neighborhood before. Read the links man.
as stated in the statute immediate knowledge is different than witnessing the act,,,

and dont forget we only have a limited knowledge of all the info,,,

No crime occurred in his presence and he did not have first hand knowledge of Arbery committing any crime.

I know you hate facts, but those are facts...
Those are NOT facts. They are bullshit, as the video clearly shows. What do you think repeatedly punching someone in the face is ? A birthday party dance ?

Under the law, they guy punching the shotgun holding aggressor is defending himself. It is called self defense. You are in favor of it. Providing the guy defending himself is white.
NOOO hes attacking a man with a gun,,,

I posted link after link. I posted the link to the aggravated assault statute. I posted the link to citizens arrest. This morning I posted links that showed even the attempt given the circumstances to perform a citizens arrest was illegal. I posted where they had lied to the cops.

The problem is not that those who disagree with you are not posting links. It is that you refuse to believe those posts because you do not want it to be true.
You posted links. That's nice. The links you cited, have nothing to do with Canon claiming the McMicheals committed murder and aggravated assault, while not presenting a shred of evidence to support that. You might as well have posted links pertaining to an eclipse of the moon.

I also have not seen any evidence that the McMichaels lied to cops. Ho hum.

I'm comfortable relying on those who actually make a living doing this, just as you would rely on a dentist or an orthopedist to do their job.

Do you really need a link to show you what they've been charged with? Are you that stupid?

2 men charged with murder in fatal shooting of black jogger in Georgia

Furthermore, there's a judge up there in Georgia who agrees with the Georgia authorities, as evidenced by the fact that both McMichaels have been denied bail.

You wish to deal in opinion because you have no facts..
After it was ruled a Justifiable homicide twice

And that is part of the problem. Let’s say you have a job. Let’s say you are the prosecutor. You have a personal relationship with a suspect. You believe this relationship might create the image of favoritism. So you decide to recuse yourself. Fine and dandy right?

But after you make the decision you issue opinions. That also has a term. Official Misconduct. And the Prosecutors you are relying on admitted in their statements that they issued opinions and instructions after the decision to recuse. So your proof is two prosecutor’s who told the world in their statement they had engaged in misconduct?
I see two guys in pursuit of a burglary, under GA law.. why were they going after him because he’s black? Lol

No crime occurred in his presence and he did not have first hand knowledge of Arbery committing any crime.

I know you hate facts, but those are facts...
Those are NOT facts. They are bullshit, as the video clearly shows. What do you think repeatedly punching someone in the face is ? A birthday party dance ?

Under the law, they guy punching the shotgun holding aggressor is defending himself. It is called self defense. You are in favor of it. Providing the guy defending himself is white.

What utter garbage.....you incredible inability to adequately analyze anything in this case is glaringly obvious.

You are letting your extreme bias to blind you to the truth.

He had no right to attack anyone. Case closed.
If a guy com3es at you pointing a gun, you are being attacked. How to respond is up to you, but when the moron came3 running up with a loaded shotgun to make a citizens arrest, he raised the level of confrontation.

This over reaction is going to get him into legal trouble as it should.

One cannot simply go running up to a stranger with a loaded gun and expect them to cooperate if you are not a uniformed policeman.

You are mistating the facts of the case....no excuse for that.

Just for the record...........the guy with the shotgun did not point it at the black dude before he was attacked....he ran up to no one....he just stood there by the truck.

There was no attempt to make an arrest.

1. There is nothing to define the shotgun holder as being "aggressor" That is merely YOUR interpretation, which has no basis being presented here. Under the law, above the law, or in between the law, Arbery initiated violence against Travis. That made HIM the aggressor, and Travis the defender.

2. Show a shred of evidence that "white" has anything to do with my assessment of a situation. Quite the contrary, YOU are the one who is bringing "white" into the equation.

For a good description of a suspect on the loose.......police use the term constantly when sending out the description for a suspect they are hunting.
Sure, but I was asking SavannahMan why he was injecting the work black into his description of what the McMichaels had seen.

He had no right to attack anyone. Case closed.
If a guy com3es at you pointing a gun, you are being attacked. How to respond is up to you, but when the moron came3 running up with a loaded shotgun to make a citizens arrest, he raised the level of confrontation.

This over reaction is going to get him into legal trouble as it should.

One cannot simply go running up to a stranger with a loaded gun and expect them to cooperate if you are not a uniformed policeman.

Just for the record...........the guy with the shotgun did not point it at the black dude before he was attacked....he ran up to no one....he just stood there by the truck.

Good point, if they were going to make an arrest the father wouldn’t be in the truck in the bed, and if this was a murder they would’ve shot him from a distance. What a miscarriage of justice these men shouldn’t be in jail

I posted link after link. I posted the link to the aggravated assault statute. I posted the link to citizens arrest. This morning I posted links that showed even the attempt given the circumstances to perform a citizens arrest was illegal. I posted where they had lied to the cops.

The problem is not that those who disagree with you are not posting links. It is that you refuse to believe those posts because you do not want it to be true.
You posted links. That's nice. The links you cited, have nothing to do with Canon claiming the McMicheals committed murder and aggravated assault, while not presenting a shred of evidence to support that. You might as well have posted links pertaining to an eclipse of the moon.

I'm comfortable relying on those who actually make a living doing this, just as you would rely on a dentist or an orthopedist to do their job.

Do you really need a link to show you what they've been charged with? Are you that stupid?

Furthermore, there's a judge up there in Georgia who agrees with the Georgia authorities, as evidenced by the fact that both McMichaels have been denied bail.

And that is part of the problem. Let’s say you have a job. Let’s say you are the prosecutor. You have a personal relationship with a suspect. You believe this relationship might create the image of favoritism. So you decide to recuse yourself. Fine and dandy right?

But after you make the decision you issue opinions. That also has a term. Official Misconduct. And the Prosecutors you are relying on admitted in their statements that they issued opinions and instructions after the decision to recuse. So your proof is two prosecutor’s who told the world in their statement they had engaged in misconduct?

Call it misconduct or whatever you want............but do not try to deny the truth they spoke.

This is really what is lacking in all of your posts.....no desire for the truth. You essentially try to use the law to undermine the truth of the case and your ability to adequately interpet the law is exceedingly lame.

I honestly do not get it. Legal experts weigh in and you guys scream that they are wrong. Links to the actual laws are posted and you guys refuse to even consider that the law does not say what you want it to.

GBI agents said there was enough evidence for an arrest. They had Warrants issued by a court within 36 hours.

Again professional cops who I usually am on the other side following the law and looking at the totality of the evidence say it was a crime and absolutely not Self Defense.

So we have the Glynn County Police who wanted to arrest the McMichaels. We have the GBI who did arrest them. But it is all a frame job or something.

All completely CORRECT.

Good point, if they were going to make an arrest the father wouldn’t be in the truck in the bed, and if this was a murder they would’ve shot him from a distance. What a miscarriage of justice these men shouldn’t be in jail
Good points.

I see two guys in pursuit of a burglary, under GA law.. why were they going after him because he’s black? Lol

Ok. Work with me here. What Burglary? Find a link to a police report. The cops say there were no reported Burglaries in two months before the shooting. So what Burglary did Ahmad commit in your mind?

I was thinking of my Military Training. I was at Fort Leonard Wood and later at Fort Bragg when we rehearsed what we should do in a near and far ambush situation. A near ambush is within hand grenade range. When you are within hand grenade range of the enemy and are attacked, your only option is attack. If you stop, seek cover, or do anything else the enemy will certainly kill you. If you attack, they will probably kill you, but you have a chance, even if it is a slim one. Outside Hand Grenade range, you seek cover and return fire. There your odds are much improved seeking cover because the enemy can’t just toss a grenade out there and kill you.
But this was not a military situation in a war where you KNOW the enemy is trying to kill you.

In this case we have redneck idiots chasing down a guy who they thought stole some stuff, and had the jogger told them he had nothing and let them search him if they wanted to, he would still be alive today.

But there is not doubt in my mind that the jogger was innocent and the vigilantes over playing their hand by bringing guns. That is why we have things like tazers, mace and night sticks.

Still, it looks like manslaughter to me on the part of the son, and some kind of associate crime for the father.

This was not a deliberate lynching in my opinion, more of a tragic accident with knuckleheaded morons.

Very lame anallysis boyo......the black dude had a criminal record and he he had a mental history.....aka he was not right in the head.

Criminals rarely change their spots..........after being convicted of a felony....bringing a gun to school he was put on 5 yrs. probation....which he broke by comitting theft...yet nothing was done....he was still allowed to roam the streets day and night....he should have been in jail or a psych ward....definitely not innocent as you mistakenly believe.

Ok. Work with me here. What Burglary? Find a link to a police report. The cops say there were no reported Burglaries in two months before the shooting. So what Burglary did Ahmad commit in your mind?

You are stuck on being irrelevant. take a hike. too many already on here wasting board space.

Call it misconduct or whatever you want............but do not try to deny the truth they spoke.

This is really what is lacking in all of your posts.....no desire for the truth. You essentially try to use the law to undermine the truth of the case and your ability to adequately interpet the law is exceedingly lame.

I honestly do not get it. Legal experts weigh in and you guys scream that they are wrong. Links to the actual laws are posted and you guys refuse to even consider that the law does not say what you want it to.

GBI agents said there was enough evidence for an arrest. They had Warrants issued by a court within 36 hours.

Again professional cops who I usually am on the other side following the law and looking at the totality of the evidence say it was a crime and absolutely not Self Defense.

So we have the Glynn County Police who wanted to arrest the McMichaels. We have the GBI who did arrest them. But it is all a frame job or something.
You haven’t told us what law he broke you are making stuff up Under Georgia law every thing they did was by law and you have two men in jail is it just us or not

:puhleeze:How many times in this thread have I posted why what the GBI, the police, the local city fathers and all the rest of them, say is nothing but a pile of political manuevering to preserve votes, and avoid rioting ? 10 ? 20 ? 25 ?

Pheee :rolleyes: ew! (high-pitched whistle; eyes rolling around in head)

You are stuck on being irrelevant. take a hike. too many already on here wasting board space.

No wait. You said he was a burglar. They were pursuing a burglary suspect. Ok. What burglary? Work with me scooter. Prove me wrong. I will be thrilled to reconsider my position. What burglary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back