New "genius" plan for food stamps.

By the way is “shelf-ready milk” another term for powdered milk? Because that shit is only good for cooking, not drinking.

never heard of Parmalat milk?

aseptic-01.jpg

I'm lactose intolerant so I always keep a few small ones in the cupboard for cooking purposes because keeping regular milk in the fridge is a waste for me.

Never. I grew up with farmers. Real milk to drink. Now that I’m older I don’t drink it as much, so I buy evaporated and powdered milk for cooking. I’ve never heard of Parlamat, though.

Think how much more difficult it'll be to swap your benefits for crack. Imagine walking down to the street corner with all those cans.
----------------------------------------------- SPAM for Crack , i love Spam but i don't have access to Crack .

By the way is “shelf-ready milk” another term for powdered milk? Because that shit is only good for cooking, not drinking.
-------------------------------------- don't know for sure but shelf ready milk has been preserved by 'radiation' . Its good .

aseptic-01.jpg

I'm lactose intolerant so I always keep a few small ones in the cupboard for cooking purposes because keeping regular milk in the fridge is a waste for me.

Never. I grew up with farmers. Real milk to drink. Now that I’m older I don’t drink it as much, so I buy evaporated and powdered milk for cooking. I’ve never heard of Parlamat, though.

it's at any supermarket, basically a stabilized product that lasts over 6 months.

Parmalat - Wikipedia

Milk - Wikipedia

Ultra Heat Treatment (UHT), is a type of milk processing where all bacteria are destroyed with high heat to extend its shelf life for up to 6 months, as long as the package is not opened. Milk is firstly homogenized and then is heated to 138 degrees Celsius for 1–3 seconds. The milk is immediately cooled down and packed into a sterile container. As a result of this treatment, all the pathogenic bacteria within the milk are destroyed, unlike when the milk is just pasteurised. The milk will now keep for up for 6 months if unopened. UHT milk does not need to be refrigerated until the package is opened, which makes it easier to ship and store. But in this process there is a loss of vitamin B1 and vitamin C and there is also a slight change in the taste of the milk.[87]/

when i went to school everything was home made style by lunch ladies in the school kitchen and seconds and thirds were available . Probably 10 cents a day in the 50s and maybe half a buck a day in the 60s . Course in the 60s i'd walk up to the little store and get a PASTY and a pack of Camels for a buck or so ,

So Trump, the ultimate businessman & business expert, will cut the amount of money recipients will get & replace that lost money with actual meals delivered to these people.

Modeled after "Blue Apron" where you order a meal & they send you all the ingredients.
Canned meat, canned vegetables - all healthy. Shelf ready milk.

Local grocers are fucked. Local dairy is fucked. Small business people are fucked.

Who will lose? The kids forced to eat crap in a can.
It's not fair that Trump is going after Obama legacy and signature achievement.

when i went to school everything was home made style by lunch ladies in the school kitchen and seconds and thirds were available . Probably 10 cents a day in the 50s and maybe half a buck a day in the 60s . Course in the 60s i'd walk up to the little store and get a PASTY and a pack of Camels for a buck or so ,

Our kid's school has great lunches but there is a Taco Bell across the street...during the week it's like a stampede of students going to it at lunch time

Whoever decided to put that Taco Bell there was a logistic genius

So Trump, the ultimate businessman & business expert, will cut the amount of money recipients will get & replace that lost money with actual meals delivered to these people.

Modeled after "Blue Apron" where you order a meal & they send you all the ingredients.

Local grocers are fucked. Local dairy is fucked. Small business people are fucked.

These programs like food stamps are all full of waste fraud and abuse… At least someone’s trying to stop some of that

You didn't whine and bitch about this shit....why?

23CD823100000578-0-image-m-9_1417881506721.jpg
What's sillier? They are still passing around pics like that about Trump.. Enjoy....
I can guarantee it's a lie since I go to my son's school and eat on occasion. They have more food and choices than we ever did forty and fifty years ago....

Michelle Obama didn’t make that lunch. Someone who couldn’t make a healthy and tasty meal made that lunch. Probably a school kitchen that relied too long on popping frozen crap into the ovens.

Oh shut up it was her initiative....goddamn hack

She didn’t write recipes.......moron.
Cop-out IMO
What should schools have done? Hire chefs?
What did the woman expect?
--------------------------------------- everyone used to know how to cook , its just common sense anyway but back in my time the lunch ladies were MOMS who all cooked from scratch because it was cheaper than prepared and frozen meals . And girls usually took 'home economics' in school . No CHEFS are needed , i've known how to cook since i was 7 or 8 and found out that there was tons of steak in my parents freezer that could be cooked over a fire , in a frying pan or in the oven broiler .

These programs like food stamps are all full of waste fraud and abuse… At least someone’s trying to stop some of that
So does the political system and...??

Michelle Obama didn’t make that lunch. Someone who couldn’t make a healthy and tasty meal made that lunch. Probably a school kitchen that relied too long on popping frozen crap into the ovens.

Cop-out IMO
--------------------------------------- everyone used to know how to cook , its just common sense anyway but back in my time the lunch ladies were MOMS who all cooked from scratch because it was cheaper than prepared and frozen meals . And girls usually took 'home economics' in school . No CHEFS are needed , i've known how to cook since i was 7 or 8 and found out that there was tons of steak in my parents freezer that could be cooked over a fire , in a frying pan or in the oven broiler .
You are very wrong if you think "everyone" knew how to cook years ago...

aseptic-01.jpg

I like it and it last longer..But I hate drinking milk and just use it for cooking...

Lol
Michelle Obama does not give two shits about kids meals...

aseptic-01.jpg

I like it and it last longer..But I hate drinking milk and just use it for cooking...

I usually buy the "sippy box" sized ones, to minimize the waste when I need milk to cook with.

Cop-out IMO
You are very wrong if you think "everyone" knew how to cook years ago...
--------------------------------------- then they went hungry i guess .

aseptic-01.jpg

I usually buy the "sippy box" sized ones, to minimize the waste when I need milk to cook with.
Me too since I don't use milk much. I don't make mashed taters with milk I use the liquid from the green veggies...

Forum List

Back