New home construction collapses in Northeast - Thanks to Trump tax reform

WaitingFor2020

Gold Member
Jul 24, 2016
New Orleans
Home sales in the northeast have fallen 51% and construction has collapsed since Trump's tax reform passed.
This due to the "SALT" clause which restricts deductions for state and local taxes to $10K. Sales of homes nationally are down 13.2%.

This is just one of the negative results of Trump's tax break to the top 1%.

And I know the collective right has a problem recalling anything that happened more than six months ago, much less 10 years, but it was the housing collapse that started in California and spread east that created the worst recession since 1929.

Housing Is Tanking in the Northeast. Guess Why.
Losing big deductions for state and local property taxes is having the expected effect.
(This has to be Googled because Bloomberg doesn't allow copying links)
I'll say it again, everything Trump touches dies.

Home sales in the northeast have fallen 51% and construction as collapsed since Trump's tax reform passed.
This due to the "SALT" clause which restricts deductions for state and local taxes to $10K. Sales of homes nationally are down 13.2%.

And I know the collective right has a problem recalling anything that happened more than six months ago, much less 10 years, but it was the housing collapse that started in California and spread east that created the worst recession since 1929.

Losing big deductions for state and local property taxes is having the expected effect.
I'll say it again, everyhing Trump touches dies.
That was due to fraud....big difference

Home sales in the northeast have fallen 51% and construction as collapsed since Trump's tax reform passed.

Democrats shouldn’t keep electing such shitty governors and mayors in these states.

There is something wrong with our economy, in that it is cheaper to own than rent.

Home sales in the northeast have fallen 51% and construction has collapsed since Trump's tax reform passed.

Yeah, record rains had no impact.

Dumbass.

It's not Donnie

Excellent!

• Banned

Tell that to the residential construction firms, mortgage banks, realtors, new home buyers and current middle class homeowners who are being hurt by Trump's tax gift to the wealthy.

That collapse trickles down to retail, too, butthead.

Just ask Lowes, Home Depot, and the big box furniture stores.

Excellent!

Another Trumpanzee knuckle-drags into the conversation making zoo noises.

Tell that to the residential construction firms, mortgage banks, realtors, new home buyers and current middle class homeowners who are being hurt by Trump's tax gift to the wealthy.

Explain how losing tax deductions help the rich?

Mark

Fewer homes in tiny states doesn't = an economic collapse

It's not Donnie

Then who is it? It's HIS tax reform bill.

Fewer homes in tiny states doesn't = an economic collapse

Tiny states?
A tiny state is Wyoming, not New York or MA or NJ. Those states combined have 40,000,000 people.
Homeowners in CA will be affected by this too when they file their 2018 returns.
That's another 40M people.
80M people is approximately 1/4th of the entire population of the U.S.

85% of the population of the U.S. live in large metro areas.
You're fooling yourself.
Wait, no...you're letting Trump do that for you.

NH VT …...money will be spent elsewhere...….you have a nothing burger...…...lot of your home builders are national firms.....what they dont build there will get built somewhere else...….

Housing will continue to decline as the Fed Res raises their rates.
But it's all Trump's fault the leftist try to claim. They just keep slinging it at a wall, and praying something will stick. LOL

Explain how losing tax deductions help the rich?

Mark

It's not going to affect the wealthy, they can afford the loss of the deduction.
Most middle class homes in NJ and NY have very steep housing prices and property taxes.
Ours outside of Princeton was over $18K annually three years ago before we moved.
That's typical for a 3-4 bedroom home in a metro or densely populated suburban area.

Housing will continue to decline as the Fed Res raises their rates.
But it's all Trump's fault the leftist try to claim. They just keep slinging it at a wall, and praying something will stick. LOL

It was TRUMP's tax reform, idiot.
What part of that victory dance did you miss?
Surely they trumpeted it on Fox infinitum ad nauseum.

:CryingCow:

Isn’t New England part of Canada?

NH VT …...money will be spent elsewhere...….you have a nothing burger...…...lot of your home builders are national firms.....what they dont build there will get built somewhere else...….

Uh-huh.
They have to build where people need to live because of jobs and family.
Go guzzle some more Kool-Aid.
You're out of your depth here.

Here's let's make it visual for you.
lead_large.jpg

Forum List

Back