New Poll Shows GOP Shifting In Fascinating Direction...

None taken. Thanks to the educational octopus we are at the fringe of the party.

Every politically controlled educational system will inculcate the doctrine of state supremacy sooner or later. . . . Once that doctrine has been accepted, it becomes an almost superhuman task to break the stranglehold of the political power over the life of the citizen. It has had his body, property and mind in its clutches from infancy. An octopus would sooner release its prey. A tax-supported, compulsory educational system is the complete model of the totalitarian state.

–Isabel Paterson, The God of the Machine (1943)

Because it is so much better to have a population of illiterate fools ?

The welfare/warfare state has spent gazillions of dollars "educating' the populace , the end result: Thanatos a warmonger, government supremacist who believes that only government bureaucrats should be in control.

Your a joke. You have no idea what I stand for because you obviously cant comprehend anything written.

No, "why" is because the baby doesn't have a right to the mother's body. When you use the word we think something "because..." you have to say why "we" think it.

As for other issues, you have to be more specific than "just one."

So like a liberal you dont think we have a right to life???? So in truth you dont believe in the ideals of our founders at all do you?

The Constitution doesn't address abortion, it leaves it to the States, which is my position regarding the founding fathers, so you're zip there.

If you're referring to their private views against abortion, I haven't come across those, can you provide some links that they thought the Federal government should prohibit them?
So now you find the declaration as having no bearing on the country and how it was formed???? Make up your mind.

because we can trusty people to do that right?????? LOL Moderation is the key to bad no pothead I have EVER MET can do this and all of them drive while stoned.

derrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I have not smoked in 10 days

all of them drive while stoned
My mother does not.

I havent had a beer in three day so? difference being when I drink I dont drive ... When you smoke you go to the store to get munchies. Do you think you are less impaired if high then drunk???? Which makes you more impaired ? One joint spread around 3 people or a beer you drink alone?

I get tired of the lies you pot heads use to push your agenda.... But I will say at least your one of the few who admit to being a pot smoker and for that you have some of my respect.

I have all the food I need, I buy by the week, plus having gerd restricts the amount and what I can eat.
When I do smoke it is at night after any stores are open or I can send my wife since she does not smoke and she also drives if I have been smoking.

Eight pages and the narco-libertarians remain focused on dope and cowardice. I guess that really is all they have to offer.

Actually that's all you and the liberals you're in bed with have offered.

We're for reducing the Federal government to it's constitutionally mandated role, and we're for fighting our own wars but not other people's. If you consider that cowardice, go ahead and join the Syrian army yourself.

What the hell is the libertarian platform these days besides legalized drugs?

Legalized drugs and isolationism. That's pretty well it. The Soviets actually had that plan for the U.S. as well.

Interesting SWITZERLAND which is NEUTRAL and practices NON-INTERVENTIONISM has the strongest ECONOMY and CURRENCY in the world.

It may be regionally diverse to some degree, but Switzerland "tracs" kids in secondary school depending upon their primary school grades and ability. And that won't fly legally in the US.

Switzerland also has universal healthcare with an indiv mandate and their own form of soc sec and medicare.

So like a liberal you dont think we have a right to life???? So in truth you dont believe in the ideals of our founders at all do you?

The Constitution doesn't address abortion, it leaves it to the States, which is my position regarding the founding fathers, so you're zip there.

If you're referring to their private views against abortion, I haven't come across those, can you provide some links that they thought the Federal government should prohibit them?
So now you find the declaration as having no bearing on the country and how it was formed???? Make up your mind.

Can you give me the translation from your incoherent babble?

derrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I have not smoked in 10 days

My mother does not.

I havent had a beer in three day so? difference being when I drink I dont drive ... When you smoke you go to the store to get munchies. Do you think you are less impaired if high then drunk???? Which makes you more impaired ? One joint spread around 3 people or a beer you drink alone?

I get tired of the lies you pot heads use to push your agenda.... But I will say at least your one of the few who admit to being a pot smoker and for that you have some of my respect.

I have all the food I need, I buy by the week, plus having gerd restricts the amount and what I can eat.
When I do smoke it is at night after any stores are open or I can send my wife since she does not smoke and she also drives if I have been smoking.

If this is true and I have no reason to say it isnt you are one of the VERY FEW who do this.

Eight pages and the narco-libertarians remain focused on dope and cowardice. I guess that really is all they have to offer.

Actually that's all you and the liberals you're in bed with have offered.

We're for reducing the Federal government to it's constitutionally mandated role, and we're for fighting our own wars but not other people's. If you consider that cowardice, go ahead and join the Syrian army yourself.

How is not being libertarian make one a liberal please? Explain to me how conservatism is liberal? How do you liberally conserve?

Can you give me the translation from your incoherent babble?

You dont even see your hypocrisy do you?

Well, imo, libertarians are at the fringe of the party (no insult intended btw)

None taken. Thanks to the educational octopus we are at the fringe of the party.

Every politically controlled educational system will inculcate the doctrine of state supremacy sooner or later. . . . Once that doctrine has been accepted, it becomes an almost superhuman task to break the stranglehold of the political power over the life of the citizen. It has had his body, property and mind in its clutches from infancy. An octopus would sooner release its prey. A tax-supported, compulsory educational system is the complete model of the totalitarian state.

–Isabel Paterson, The God of the Machine (1943)

Government provided education is also a plank of the Communist manifesto. They are pro-government indoctrination camps.

Please explain that to Thanatos, the mother of all fascist warmongers. He thinks that because he knows "Mein Kempf" inside out that he is educated.

I always thought that libertarians were socially conservative. Has the movement been hijacked by gay rights activists who dream of a world dominated by meth labs and pot farms?

um ... no ...

we're against all government except that which is undoable in any other way. Like the military, courts, police, roads, that sort of thing. What you always thought doesn't even make sense. Are you thinking of socons?

All of a sudden libertarian supporters are shy about talking about the legalization of drugs. Libertarians used to be well respected small government social conservatives until the movement was hijacked by pot heads.

If this is true and I have no reason to say it isnt you are one of the VERY FEW who do this.

The libertarian position is that if someone drives under the influence, they should be held accountable for what they do. Government being our guardian and making our choices for us before we do it based on the idea that we ... may ... do something wrong is what we oppose.

The libertarian position is that if someone drives under the influence, they should be held accountable for what they do. Government being our guardian and making our choices for us before we do it based on the idea that we ... may ... do something wrong is what we oppose.

Tell me short of violating a persons 14th amendment you prove someone is high while driving?

I always thought that libertarians were socially conservative. Has the movement been hijacked by gay rights activists who dream of a world dominated by meth labs and pot farms?

um ... no ...

we're against all government except that which is undoable in any other way. Like the military, courts, police, roads, that sort of thing. What you always thought doesn't even make sense. Are you thinking of socons?

All of a sudden libertarian supporters are shy about talking about the legalization of drugs. Libertarians used to be well respected small government social conservatives until the movement was hijacked by pot heads.

Actually, if you read this thread, you'll observe it's typically not the libertarians who won't move off the subject of pot.

Libertarian Legacy? Ron Paul's Campaign Manager, 49, Dies Uninsured, Of Pneumonia, Leaving family $400,000 Debt
July 6, 2008

What a testament to the Libertarian creed, which abhors the idea of universal health care. This loyal, passionate man who died too young left his family a debt of $400,000 in medical bills. And who knows whether he put off getting treatment for the pneumonia that killed him because he was uninsured.

Kent Snyder did some amazing work on the Ron Paul Campaign and as remembered as a "libertarian giant"- by Lew Rockwell, on libertarian site, Lew Rockwell.com.

The Wall Street journal reports that Kent, more than anyone else, persuaded Ron Paul to run for president. And Kent, according the the WSJ said, "ultimately became a $35 million operation with 250 employees that helped deliver more than one million votes for the Texas congressman's bid in the Republican nominating contest."

..... Sadly, the Libertarian heart apparently does not include health care. The poor guy raised tens of millions of dollars and couldn't afford the $300-$600 a month that COBRA medical insurance would have cost.

Paul has some good ideas -- get out of Iraq, get the US out of a lot of other countries. But his opposition to government, to universal health care-- these ideas just don't work and his campaign manager's death makes a tragic example of it.

A website has been created to help raise the $400,000 to pay the medical bills.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rob-kall/libertarian-legacy-ron-pa_b_111079.html
Churches used to take care of ill without insurance

Q: Let's say a healthy 30-year-old decides, "I'm not going to spend $300 a month for health insurance." Who's going to pay if he goes into a coma?
A: Well, in a society that you accept welfarism, he expects the government to take care of him. But what he should do is whatever he wants to do, and assume responsibility for himself. My advice to him would have a major medical policy.

Q: But if he doesn't have that, and he needs intensive care?

A: That's what freedom is all about, taking your own risks.

Q: Are you saying that society should just let him die?

A: No. I practiced medicine before we had Medicaid. In the early 1960s, the churches took care of them. We never turned anybody away from the hospitals. We've given up on this whole concept that we might take care of ourselves and assume responsibility for ourselves. Our neighbors, our friends, our churches would do it. The cost is so high because they dump it on the government, it becomes a bureaucracy.

Source: 2011 GOP Tea Party debate in Tampa FL

http://www.ontheissues.org/2012/Ron_Paul_Welfare_+_Poverty.htm
In 2012 Ron Paul was still giving his standard "Our neighbors, our friends, our churches would do it," response as to who should help pay medical debts - in the full knowledge that after 4 years less than $40 000 of Kent Snyder's (Paul's 2008 campaign manager) $400 000 healthcare costs had been repaid!

Due to a pre-existing medical condition Snyder could not afford medical insurance - a problem that would be corrected under Obamacare!

Last edited:

Tell me short of violating a persons 14th amendment you prove someone is high while driving?

If someone hits something or there is other probable cause (e.g., weaving) on public roads, then government has every right to test the driver.

If someone hits something or there is other probable cause (e.g., weaving) on public roads, then government has every right to test the driver.

Thats after a person is potentially harmed... So tell me how is pot Not harming others?

Hypocrisy of your movement is in every party of it. It is a movement of young men and women who have grown up in a liberal society and mistakenly think you can be fiscally conservative and liberally social. In other words you all want your cake and want to eat it too.

Thats after a person is potentially harmed... So tell me how is pot Not harming others?

Hypocrisy of your movement is in every party of it. It is a movement of young men and women who have grown up in a liberal society and mistakenly think you can be fiscally conservative and liberally social. In other words you all want your cake and want to eat it too.

What gives you the right to preemptively make people's choices for them? Quoting the Declaration of Independence and Constitution won't get you there.

In addition to throwing out the word "hypocrisy," at some point are you going to show any hypocritical position?

Well, imo, libertarians are at the fringe of the party (no insult intended btw)

None taken. Thanks to the educational octopus we are at the fringe of the party..

I dunno if I agree totally with that. Certainly, I support charter schools for underperforming districts, often with entrenched teacher unions, but I'm not sure that's the central reason for the VERY libertarians being at the wing. And, frankly, I think you're moving to the middle and the neocons to the outside.

If you really support ending soc sec and medicare .... you're gonna have a tough time breaking 40% nationally. If you take it literally to mean an end to how interstate hwys are funded, it's gonna be tough, especially with WalMart and GE. So, it's more than brainwashed kids.

But, I think it's generally true that people view tax dollars going disproportionately to people who fail to avail themselves of opportunity. At least with public education and poverty programs. And on for policy ... the gop is moving dramatically. None of this is bad, imo, and again I mean no disrespect. Rather, 6 years ago democrats were saying bushii had permanently killed the party. Nonsense.

Let's hear Hillary defend her hawkishness on nationbuilding in Afghan and bombing Syria.

What gives you the right to preemptively make people's choices for them? Quoting the Declaration of Independence and Constitution won't get you there.

In addition to throwing out the word "hypocrisy," at some point are you going to show any hypocritical position?

You mean what gives society the right to outlaw murder????? Did you really just ask me that?

Forum List

Back