New Poll Shows GOP Shifting In Fascinating Direction...

Obama has come out considerably more "Old School GOP" on defense and privacy issues than many thought. In the debates I saw the was amazingly close to W Bush on defense but the survelience thing snuck up on me.

This is important to this discussion because I believe the Tea Party is attracting some folks who support keeping government from wire tapping everything. A unique blend of hippies and small government wanting yuppies.

Imagine the Tea Party taking over the GOP of the Patriot Act and Savings in Loan bailouts? I dunno but interesting.

We're heading towards a new era.

The Neo-cons and the other parts of the Authoritarian right will merge with the totalitarian Democrat Party.

The Libertarian Party will take on the name "Republican Party"

A few years ago, when I was a Democrat, I always thought this type of shift would occur the other way around, where the totalitarian left would leave for the Republican Party.

Ron Paul's party affiliation with the Republican Party is probably what tipped the scales in the opposite direction.

What is it with you just legal voters and your love affair with the liar Ron Paul?

Ron Paul is not our God, he was simply the only voice Libertarians had after election after election of disenfranchisement. Ron is a horrible candidate, while his only strength was his record, and that’s a big strength, he was a horrible speaker and to old. The being old part is an issue because he was like 76 or something last election, that becomes an issue due to health problems, and it matters to voters.

Rand is a great voice, he is much better at taking his time, but not too much time when it comes to answering questions or debating. Rand is younger, has a great record that is growing and his father’s supporters naturally look at him, not accept him, but look.

Rand will have an easy time raining funds if he decides to run for President and if his record stays strong. Rand also has massive support from the average Republican voter, even the voters that hated his father despite Rand being near identical to his father when it comes to his record and positions on issues.

I look forward to the death of the Republican party if they try and distance themselves from Libertarians and the Dems that will soon follow the Democrat party as they win too many elections and the public one day hold them accountable for their destructive polices with no one else to blame.

I did no such thing... Hell I wasnt even the one who brought pot up

So you didn't say this: "Boil down modern libertarianism to this.... Legal hooker, Drugs and abortion on demand..."
http://www.usmessageboard.com/7817767-post3.html
You may say your sorry anytime now

So did you say this: "Boil down modern libertarianism to this.... Legal hooker, Drugs and abortion on demand..."[/QUOTE]

I'll try another color. Or are you saying you don't agree with the statement you said?

Last edited:
What the hell is the libertarian platform these days besides legalized drugs?

Legalized drugs and isolationism. That's pretty well it. The Soviets actually had that plan for the U.S. as well.

Thank you for admitting you have no clue on the Libertarian platform. I will understand why you sound ignorant and fearful, because as they say, "people fear what they don't understand."

Ron Paul is not our God, he was simply the only voice Libertarians had after election after election of disenfranchisement. Ron is a horrible candidate, while his only strength was his record, and that’s a big strength, he was a horrible speaker and to old. The being old part is an issue because he was like 76 or something last election, that becomes an issue due to health problems, and it matters to voters.

Rand is a great voice, he is much better at taking his time, but not too much time when it comes to answering questions or debating. Rand is younger, has a great record that is growing and his father’s supporters naturally look at him, not accept him, but look.

Rand will have an easy time raining funds if he decides to run for President and if his record stays strong. Rand also has massive support from the average Republican voter, even the voters that hated his father despite Rand being near identical to his father when it comes to his record and positions on issues.

I look forward to the death of the Republican party if they try and distance themselves from Libertarians and the Dems that will soon follow the Democrat party as they win too many elections and the public one day hold them accountable for their destructive polices with no one else to blame.

As a libertarian, I certainly agree with him more than pretty much any other politician on his actual positions. Unfortunately, he's a self-centered publicity whore who turns around and completely undermines anyone getting anything from what he says. Things like that Bachmann hated Muslims was embarrassing to anyone with a critical mind trying to support his ideas. And he totally feeds the Paulbots who feed his ego. It's an anti-government cult that ends up being more cult than anti-government.

I like Rand and haven't seen him go into that trap, I keep hoping it stays that way.

Rand-Ron-Paul.jpg

Republicans in record numbers moving toward the ideals and principles of libertarianism, according to a new poll by released by the grassroots group FreedomWorks.

The survey of all registered voters, which was conducted last month, found that a full 78 percent of Republican and GOP-leaning voters self-identify as being fiscally conservative and socially moderate

The results of the survey were first shared with POLITICO.

The poll found that its Republican and independent-leaning respondents aren’t suddenly advocating legalized marijuana and instructing people to read “The Fountainhead.” Rather, as POLITICO’s James Hohman notes, many self-identified Republicans are simply falling in line with traditional libertarian views on limited government.

This comes after years of GOP domination by “defense hawks” and “social conservatives.”

Now, according to the FreedomWorks report, the GOP is starting to back away from social conservatism and hawkishness and lean toward libertarianism.

Asked what concerns them the most, 40 percent of survey respondents said “individual freedom through lower taxes and reducing the size and scope of government,” 27 percent said “traditional values,” and 18 percent said “strong national defense.”

Kellyanne Conway, who ran the poll, said they are seeing a massive increase in the number of respondents who think the government has grown too large and has become too expensive to maintain.

“The perfect storm is being created between the NSA, the IRS, the implementation of Obamacare and now Syria,” she said. “People are looking at the government more suspiciously. They’re looking with deeper scrutiny and reasonable suspicion.”...

Read More:
New Poll Shows GOP Shifting in Fascinating New Direction | TheBlaze.com

Stands to reason. When you have an asshole at the helm you want as little to do with the ship as possible.

Legalized drugs and isolationism. That's pretty well it. The Soviets actually had that plan for the U.S. as well.

Well, look who showed up to take Corky's seat in the repeater chair. I'm shocked. We have both Cork and the Rubbe here claiming the same failed repeater lines.

Shocking! :lmao:

And you haven't refuted a single thing said. What a surprise.
You might be a bigger tool than RDean.

Thank you for admitting you have no clue on the Libertarian platform. I will understand why you sound ignorant and fearful, because as they say, "people fear what they don't understand."

I have yet to see any difference between how liberals and socons argue. Let me know if you come across any, suds.

Well, look who showed up to take Corky's seat in the repeater chair. I'm shocked. We have both Cork and the Rubbe here claiming the same failed repeater lines.

So you come up with ridiculous allegations and actually expect them to be addressed, that is exactly like rdean.

So you didn't say this: "Boil down modern libertarianism to this.... Legal hooker, Drugs and abortion on demand..."
http://www.usmessageboard.com/7817767-post3.html
You may say your sorry anytime now

So did say this: "Boil down modern libertarianism to this.... Legal hooker, Drugs and abortion on demand..."

I'll try another color. Or are you saying you don't agree with the statement you said?
Did you never learn to count?

Last edited:
Well, imo, libertarians are at the fringe of the party (no insult intended btw)

None taken. Thanks to the educational octopus we are at the fringe of the party.

Every politically controlled educational system will inculcate the doctrine of state supremacy sooner or later. . . . Once that doctrine has been accepted, it becomes an almost superhuman task to break the stranglehold of the political power over the life of the citizen. It has had his body, property and mind in its clutches from infancy. An octopus would sooner release its prey. A tax-supported, compulsory educational system is the complete model of the totalitarian state.

–Isabel Paterson, The God of the Machine (1943)

Do you even know what the word isolationism means? Clearly you don't, but it does not matter because that's not the Libertarian position and you already admitted you don't know anything about the Libertarian platform.

So did say this: "Boil down modern libertarianism to this.... Legal hooker, Drugs and abortion on demand..."

libertarians certainly would support those things being legal, the issue with your statement are the words "boil down." Boiling down libertarianism would be that we support minimizing government in our wallets, in our bedrooms and in other country's business (military). Those are just some transactional positions, not a boiling down of our views.

Last edited:

Ron Paul is a lying piece of shit. Rand I dont know yet. I disagree with some of what he says some I agree. I dont know how far this apple fell from the tree.

Obama has come out considerably more "Old School GOP" on defense and privacy issues than many thought. In the debates I saw the was amazingly close to W Bush on defense but the survelience thing snuck up on me.

This is important to this discussion because I believe the Tea Party is attracting some folks who support keeping government from wire tapping everything. A unique blend of hippies and small government wanting yuppies.

Imagine the Tea Party taking over the GOP of the Patriot Act and Savings in Loan bailouts? I dunno but interesting.

We're heading towards a new era.

The Neo-cons and the other parts of the Authoritarian right will merge with the totalitarian Democrat Party.

The Libertarian Party will take on the name "Republican Party"

A few years ago, when I was a Democrat, I always thought this type of shift would occur the other way around, where the totalitarian left would leave for the Republican Party.

Ron Paul's party affiliation with the Republican Party is probably what tipped the scales in the opposite direction.

there really wasn't a whole lot of difference between Goldwater (and Reagan) on confronting the soviets and JFK and RFK. The dems moved left, and Nixon more or less attempted to accomodate the commies to some extent, so long as they confined expansionism to areas outside europe and the ME. Prior to WWII and the cold war, the gop was pretty strictly isolationist.

Wolfowitz was an old scoop jackson man. So there may be something to your thought. Broad paint strokes would probably be too much. But, yeah, I think the gop is running as far and fast as it can from bushii, wolfowitz, john bolton, bill kristol and McCain. And I just saw this. Up pops and old FriendoftheBushs to support Obama in Syria. Some though him dead, but he was just laying low. LOL

Iran-Contra Redux? Prince Bandar Heads Secret Saudi-CIA Effort to Aid Syrian Rebels, Topple Assad

Maybe you should read the platform because you seem to be lacking of understanding your party.

I havent had a beer in three day so?

And we can tell by the way you type that you are already getting the shakes.

actually I dont drink much at all... Comes with having a father that died from being a drunk I am very mindful of how much I consume.

Maybe we should reenact prohibition on alcohol seeing as you come from a family of drug addicts that kill themselves and that you seem to struggle with the same addiction. Next we can monitor your eating, and make sure you get the required amount of sleep...

Forum List

Back