🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

New Republican senator convicted child abuser

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
New Republican Legislator Convicted Of Child Abuse -

"The Montana State legislature has a new member: Gilbert Bruce Meyers (R-Box Elder). Not only is Meyers one of the new crop of Republicans who attained office in the wave that took place this past Election Day, he is also a convicted child abuser. He unseated Rep. Clarena Brockie (D-Harlem), who has served District 32 for the past two years. She is also the Dean of Student Affairs at Aaniiih Nakoda College.

Court records show that Meyers was convicted of assaulting his eight-year-old son Isaac. According to his wife, this was not an isolated incident. The sentence was suspended on the condition that he not reside in Broadwater County, where the family lives. In the pre-sentence report, his wife Victoria stated that his five children feared him and were afraid to ride their bikes or even sleep in their own beds because “they know [Meyers] is around town, somewhere.”"

rest at link

Another pro-family Repub I see.
Gilbert-Bruce-Meyers.jpg

How can this be, he's pro life, pro guns, pro the death penalty and a devout Christian?......................okay its a stupid question.

How can this be, he's pro life, pro guns, pro the death penalty and a devout Christian?......................okay its a stupid question.

Not at all inconsistent with Christianity and right-wingers:

"There is a brutal movement in America that legitimizes child abuse in the name of God. Two stories recently converged to make us pay attention. Last week, a video went viral of a Texas judge brutally whipping his disabled daughter. And on Monday, the New York Times published a story about child deaths in homes that have embraced the teachings of To Train Up a Child, a book by Christian preacher Michael Pearl that advocates using a switch on children as young as six months old. "
Beating Babies in the Name of Jesus The Shady World of Right-Wing Discipline Guides Alternet

"I imagine that when you were growing up in the Christian Science Church, everything seemed normal, including the faith healing rituals and the peculiar way the church perceives illness. That is, that illness is not real but, rather, an illusion of the mind. Did you believe its teachings as a child and perhaps worship Mary Baker Eddy?"
A survivor of religious child maltreatment becomes an advocate for children who suffer today Religious Child Maltreatment

"Christian fundamentalists often are as keen to promote the rights of parents as they are to block the rights of women and gays. Congressman Mark Meadows is the Sunday school Bible teacher and former restaurant owner from North Carolina who rallied the Tea Party in shutting down government operations this month. His passion for killing contraceptive access has been on national display. Less known is the fact that Meadows also is spearheading a fight against rights and protections for children. He is the lead sponsor of a “parental rights amendment” that has 64 signers in Congress.

Conservatives like Meadows and Lively oppose both national and international protections for children—including compulsory education—which they see as government overreach. Thanks to their advocacy, the United States is one of two nations (out of 196) that has failed to sign the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. (We stand with Somalia!) They also oppose the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities because it “replaces parental rights with the ‘best interest of the child’ standard.”"
Does the Bible sanction child abuse - Salon.com

"Spare the rod, spoil the child."

Isn't that a mantra for the Bible Belt. Or do all the fundy Christians believe that?

Isn't that a mantra for the Bible Belt. Or do all the fundy Christians believe that?

I would wager that IF the thugs in Furguson had Dad's, and they had chose to discipline them, then there would be less dead thugs out and about

-Geaux

I think "fetch me another choir boy as this one has exploded" is more apt.

The man was not convicted of anything. "His wife said?" Oh noes, sounds like a custody battle....

Don't really know what happened here, if it was that serious, why was he not convicted?

I would wager that IF the thugs in Furguson had Dad's, and they had chose to discipline them, then there would be less dead thugs out and about

-Geaux
I would wager Gateaux that 30% of the thugs were abused by their fathers.

...oppose both national and international protections for children—including compulsory education—which they see as government overreach.

arrgg make that witch bear my child so i can beat some sense into him some day! in my day the gubmint minded their own damn business!! arrgg :mad:

-Geaux

Really? Interesting. That would mean that 100% of the black fathers abused their kids?

-Geaux

arrgg make that witch bear my child so i can beat some sense into him some day! in my day the gubmint minded their own damn business!! arrgg

My dad used to fire me up pretty good. Today he would have gone to jail. No one even asked where those welts from a belt came from. They already knew. And if a neighbor said anything, it was to themselves.

I swatted one of my kids one time with my bare hand.

Beating your kid is just so old fashioned nowadays. And I hope it stays that way. No way did I deserve what I got.

I t

-Geaux

Really? Interesting. That would mean that 100% of the black fathers abused their kids?

-Geaux

hink "fetch me another choir boy as this one has exploded" is more apt.

I thought that was the Catholic priests that had a taste for choir boys? Evangelicals too?
Not in the UK, TRUE CASES OF CHRISTIAN RITUALISED CHILD ABUSE THEY DON T WANT YOU TO SEE - HiddenMysteries Spiritual Studies
I particularly like this form of redemption.
1982: 35 Yr Old Welsh preacher Roger Cox of Denbigh prayed with his wife Elizabeth before cutting off his penis and throwing it in the fire. Claiming that the DIY operation was carried out in accordance with St Matthew's Gospel Chatper

Forum List

Back