New Sheriff: Trump Inquires About Revoking, Suspending CNN’s White House Access; BuzzFeed Too

I agree, maybe something like state run media would be a good idea.

You fucking idiot.
can you go back and point out the threads where you claimed that obama was doing something wrong by trying to exclude Fox News from the White House?
I would like to read that before you are called a hypocrite.
Of course Im sure you will come up with a billion reasons why its not the same when your HNIC did it.
Documents Show Obama White House Attacked, Excluded Fox News Channel - Judicial Watch
I believe she was being sarcastic.

I hope he does. It made it plain he's not going to let them ask any questions.

An incensed President-Elect Donald Trump has asked the First Amendment gurus on his legal team if it is permissible to expel or restrict CNN and BuzzFeed News personnel from White House press corps, a transition insider told True Pundit.

At a raucous press conference Wednesday Trump warned BuzzFeed and CNN “would suffer the consequences” for publishing “fake news” about him, though he did not elaborate.
NO!
Damn, I've been warning about this, and here he's starting before he's even in the office.
CNN is the original fake news…
Let the market decide that; it is not the President's place.

An incensed President-Elect Donald Trump has asked the First Amendment gurus on his legal team if it is permissible to expel or restrict CNN and BuzzFeed News personnel from White House press corps, a transition insider told True Pundit.

At a raucous press conference Wednesday Trump warned BuzzFeed and CNN “would suffer the consequences” for publishing “fake news” about him, though he did not elaborate.
NO!
Damn, I've been warning about this, and here he's starting before he's even in the office.
warning about what?

FACT. Yesterday morning at 5:30 AM an employee of CNN entered the room where the news conference was to take place. That CNN employees put SEVEN!!!!!! cards on SEVEN!!!! front row seats which read: 'Reserved For CNN Reporters Only'. Four of those seats were filled by four CNN 'producers' who were there SOLELY to stop other news outlets from getting front row seats. The other three seats were filled with CNN 'reporters'.
This left four front row seats for reporters from other networks.
Mark my words well.
This will NEVER EVER happen again during the Trump Presidency.
Fucking CNN slimeballs!!!!!!!

FACT. Yesterday morning at 5:30 AM an employee of CNN entered the room where the news conference was to take place. That CNN employees put SEVEN!!!!!! cards on SEVEN!!!! front row seats which read: 'Reserved For CNN Reporters Only'. Four of those seats were filled by four CNN 'producers' who were there SOLELY to stop other news outlets from getting front row seats. The other three seats were filled with CNN 'reporters'.
Mark my words well.

How is it done in your country?

NO!

For once I agree with OL (It must be a cold day in Hell, LOL). I believe it would set a dangerous precedent to "Ban" a news(?) organization from the White House. Trump would be better served to just change the seating arraignments in the Press Room, sending CNN to the back. Then during questions, without comment, simply not accept any questions from them. Just like many in are wont to do when they find another's comment unacceptable, put them on ignore.

Last edited:
Mark my words well.
Fair enough.

NO!

For once I agree with OL (It must be a cold day in Hell, LOL). I believe it would set a dangerous precedent to "Ban" a news(?) organization from the White House. Trump would be better served to just change the seating arraignments in the Press Room, sending CNN to the back. Then during questions, without comment, simply not accept any questions from them. Jjust like many in are wont to do when they find another's comment unacceptable, put them on ignore.
Presidents have plain outright ignored certain journalists for long periods of time and that's their right during a presser. I agree Trump can certainly do that. Seating doesn't really matter, so long as they're given the right to be there and part of the WH Press Corp. They do more than ask questions at Pressers.

NO!
warning about what?
Look it up. I'm not going through all this again.

NO!
warning about what?
Look it up. I'm not going through all this again.
I wouldn't know where to start. I honestly don't understand what you are talking about

The President of our United States has an obligation to uphold an independent Press. It is the ONLY thing keeping us from being completely in the dark as far as government goes and it is as important to democracy as voting. The President does not have to like everything printed or said about him--the press has been hard on every President since George Washington, I imagine, and maybe have even reported stuff that's bullcrap. But playing dictator about what press is allowed to operate ? No. No. No. No. That's how the Russians do it. Do you think they get the facts, TN? Or Putin's spin? Trump can't take that first step down that road.
The market will kill BuzzFeed. I wasn't watching the evening CNN broke the news about Golden Showers, so don't know what they said or didn't. Either way, Trump did what IS within his perfect rights by not answering their reporter's question, but he cannot "shut them down" or "ban" them without stepping on our freedom and democracy.

The President of our United States has an obligation to uphold an independent Press. It is the ONLY thing keeping us from being completely in the dark as far as government goes and it is as important to democracy as voting. The President does not have to like everything printed or said about him--the press has been hard on every President since George Washington, I imagine, and maybe have even reported stuff that's bullcrap. But playing dictator about what press is allowed to operate ? No. No. No. No. That's how the Russians do it. Do you think they get the facts, TN? Or Putin's spin? Trump can't take that first step down that road.
The market will kill BuzzFeed. I wasn't watching the evening CNN broke the news about Golden Showers, so don't know what they said or didn't. Either way, Trump did what IS within his perfect rights by not answering their reporter's question, but he cannot "shut them down" or "ban" them without stepping on our freedom and democracy.
I completely agree. However, wasn't he just talking about banning them from the WH? Kind of a big difference.

Seating doesn't really matter...

Seating arraignments do matter insomuch as it carries some prestige to be up front where there is a higher likelihood of being called on during the Q & A. By putting CNN near the rear it sends a clear message that they are out-of-favor and WILL NOT be called upon. Re-arraigning seating is about the only way the President can punish the Press.

I seem to recall that when Obama tried to remove FOX's credentials (Ban them?), the Press Corps had some major pushback. IIRC, they said that they would boycott his Pressers if he did that.

I completely agree. However, wasn't he just talking about banning them from the WH? Kind of a big difference.
I don't really see it as a big difference, since the White House Press Corps is busy all the time tracking down tips and chasing down information. They don't just take notes at the daily presser.

Seating doesn't really matter...

Seating arraignments do matter insomuch as it carries some prestige to be up front where there is a higher likelihood of being called on during the Q & A. By putting CNN near the rear it sends a clear message that they are out-of-favor and WILL NOT be called upon. Re-arraigning seating is about the only way the President can punish the Press.

I seem to recall that when Obama tried to remove FOX's credentials (Ban them?), the Press Corps had some major pushback. IIRC, they said that they would boycott his Pressers if he did that.
Yes, I remember that and good for them.

Forum List

Back