New Year's Eve Massacre planned

There is a reason people are supposed to get permits for marches and demonstrations and these people should not be given any exceptions.

Its because Politicians have convinced you that you dont have the right to assemble unless they give you permission.

Its sad that instead of asking why do they need a permit your first thought is that permits are good because the govt gives them to you

The reason those politicians, i.e., persons elected by popular vote to offices established through the constitutional will of the people, require those permits is so the rights of ALL, including non-participants, can be safeguarded.

You have to wonder how supportive some would be if a group decided to protest anti-gun laws by assembling 10,000 people with rifles and snarled traffic for hours without a permit.

Like I posted to the OP -- if she and I went out and blocked the street for homeless cats, they'd have our butts.

Typical act of terrorism by America haters.

Really?

Why do you RWs hate the Constitution so much?

FACT is, people died to give YOU the right to protest. You really want to give that up?
Really? What about 2nd Amendment Mr. Constitution? Liberals want to shut down free speech of all who disagree with them.

There's more to the US Constitution than the 2nd amendment.

Quit trying to change the subject.

Why would Libs be worried...I'm sure De Blasio will have the NYPD stand down and let the protesters do whatever they want.

Actually, their job is to uphold the law, including the right to peaceful protest.

Deal with it.

Without the 2nd Amendment there is no Constitution..... Deal with it.

Did the protesters in New York City have a permit to protest, using the street? The Police Chief over the weekend on the talk shows sure appeared to be saying they did.

Without having to search this thread, does anyone know if they were issued a permit for their protests?

Did the protesters in New York City have a permit to protest, using the street? The Police Chief over the weekend on the talk shows sure appeared to be saying they did.

Without having to search this thread, does anyone know if they were issued a permit for their protests?

I don't believe they did and from what I heard Bratton say, he focused his statement on the right to protest, not that they lawfully obtained a permit.

Come on. Closing the Brooklyn Bridge at rush hour? I don't think so.

"have no chance"?

You mean the rabid RWs will finally be successful is taking away constitutionally-guaranteed rights?

Drunk katzen hasn't changed a bit. Britebart lies and so does tipsy katzen. Here's what's really planned:

Rock In The New Year With Resistance The Stop Mass Incarceration Network

I'm pretty sure there's no "Constitutionally-guaranteed right" to harass others and disrupt their lives. Of course, unlike some people, I've actually read and understood the Constitution.

Really?

FACT is, people died to give YOU the right to protest. You really want to give that up?

It scares the rightwingers in flyover country .

The fact that you use the phrase "flyover country" in all apparent seriousness tells us EXACTLY what kind of American you are . . . and makes supremely laughable any idea you have that your high regard is sought-after.

Really?

We have the right to assemble peacefully but what libtards don't care to discuss is that there is no right to disrupt other people's rights, like freedom of movement. When I hear the left cry out about protest rights they generally mean that they want the freedom to cause problems. You don't have that right.

But they NEED that right, because the only way they can get anyone to take them seriously - or pay attention to them at all - is by causing widespread misery. Liberals are the rebellious, hormonal teenagers of the political family.

Really?

Really? What about 2nd Amendment Mr. Constitution? Liberals want to shut down free speech of all who disagree with them.

Huh? What about the 2nd Amendment? If these protestors don't shout "Fire!" in a theater, they're doing nothing wrong and not violating the 1st Amendment.

Amazingly enough, there's more to the legal and practical restrictions on First Amendment rights than literally shouting "Fire!" in a crowded theater. Way to miss the point publicly and humiliatingly.

There is a reason people are supposed to get permits for marches and demonstrations and these people should not be given any exceptions.

Its because Politicians have convinced you that you dont have the right to assemble unless they give you permission.

Its sad that instead of asking why do they need a permit your first thought is that permits are good because the govt gives them to you

No, dumbfuck. It's because the laws are designed to let you exercise your rights without interfering with the rights of others - coincidentally, the exact aim of these protests. Scheduling protests via permits allows the municipality to be certain that traffic and access to public buildings will not be obstructed, that residential neighborhoods will not be unduly disrupted, that sufficient waste disposal will be available, and that public safety concerns will be addressed.

Permits are a reasonable, civilized response to tantrum-throwing, sniveling crybabies like you, and the unwillingness of the rest of us to suffer your behavior.

I don't believe they did and from what I heard Bratton say, he focused his statement on the right to protest, not that they lawfully obtained a permit.

Come on. Closing the Brooklyn Bridge at rush hour? I don't think so.

I find it highly doubtful that anyone lawfully obtained a permit to close the Brooklyn Bridge at any time of the day or night.

Traffic blockages caused by protests should just get cars barreling through the crowd. After a couple of times it wouldn't happen any more.

We've had a few traffic blockages in DC due to these cretins, although not nearly what they have in NYC.

If you and I went out there and blocked traffic to demand homes for homeless cats, they'd cite us and move us along and probably stick us in detention overnight.

Why are these people so special?

Here's why permits and protests organized by local governments don't work: Because permits are given for times WHEN NOBODY IS AROUND. CIvil disobedience is just that.

If you don't get that, then google "squeaky wheel and grease".

Traffic blockages caused by protests should just get cars barreling through the crowd. After a couple of times it wouldn't happen any more.

We've had a few traffic blockages in DC due to these cretins, although not nearly what they have in NYC.

If you and I went out there and blocked traffic to demand homes for homeless cats, they'd cite us and move us along and probably stick us in detention overnight.

Why are these people so special?

Here's why permits and protests organized by local governments don't work: Because permits are given for times WHEN NOBODY IS AROUND. CIvil disobedience is just that.

Well, what about parades? They tend to happen on holiday weekends when lots of people are in the streets.

BTW, I live in DC. Most protests obtain permits. Don't give me that crap.

No, dumbfuck. It's because the laws are designed to let you exercise your rights without interfering with the rights of others - coincidentally, the exact aim of these protests. Scheduling protests via permits allows the municipality to be certain that traffic and access to public buildings will not be obstructed, that residential neighborhoods will not be unduly disrupted, that sufficient waste disposal will be available, and that public safety concerns will be addressed.

Permits are a reasonable, civilized response to tantrum-throwing, sniveling crybabies like you, and the unwillingness of the rest of us to suffer your behavior.

yeah you explained it perfectly. Its not that they dont want you to have a voice! Nooo, its that the govt wants to be sure you're protected.

Yep, oh except if it happens to someone else. Then its not fair

DC throws up roadblock for patriotic bikers - Tea Party News

Permit denied for rally to counter Muslim march

Heres the part where you take off the "Govt is doing it for your own good" mask and put on your "Ooooh I hate the govt" mask

yeah you explained it perfectly. Its not that they dont want you to have a voice! Nooo, its that the govt wants to be sure you're protected.

Yep, oh except if it happens to someone else. Then its not fair

DC throws up roadblock for patriotic bikers - Tea Party News

Permit denied for rally to counter Muslim march

Heres the part where you take off the "Govt is doing it for your own good" mask and put on your "Ooooh I hate the govt" mask

My husband got stuck in the traffic jam the day they shut down the Southeast/Southwest Freeway and the 14th Street Bridge.

As a result, my cats didn't get their food from Petsmart.

Anti-Police Protests to Disrupt New Year s Eve Celebrations

This should be interesting. The protesters have no chance of course. They have been allowed to think themselves more powerful than they really are.
so where is the massacre?....i did not see it in the story........
Then you didn't read it.

Nothing in the article mentioned a massacre. There was some idiot on Twitter calling for it. But that is about like a threat on these forums, all bark and no bite.

Blocking traffic in NYC is peaceably assembling....
How did you arrive at that? I can block you from coming or going and that's not a problem for you? How do you know someone doesn't need to get to the doctor's office? Or someone may miss a job opportunity? I think any asshole that restricts your travel should legally get some lead in their brain pan.
then you are one sick mother---------- if you think you should drop some lead in their brain to KILL THEM for protesting against their government, just because t he protesters blocked your way....

SEEK HELP
You need help. You think you have the right to hold people hostage and antagonize them in protest for lowering the age of consent or whatever your beef is. Just because liberal governments let you get away with it, it does not mean you have the right.
so you stand by what you said, that any protester that gets in your way of travel should legally get some LEAD IN THEIR BRAINS....?

The police commissioner of New York specifically said that blocking traffic is not a problem with the protesters, that traffic is blocked or stopped or heavy ALL THE TIME in NYC, but YOU want to drop some lead in their brains for it?

Seriously, seek some psychological help....
The police commissioner is the mayor's puppet, a political appointee. I'm sure all the gridlocked people agree with him. I think a hostage taker should be dealt with for the reasons mentioned. You don't have the right to screw up people's lives. If we have to loose a few morons to get the point across...it's for the greater good.

If you don't get that, then google "squeaky wheel and grease".
So you admit that the real purpose is to fuck with people's lives. That's what I thought.

Forum List

Back