New Year's Eve Massacre planned

Traffic blockages caused by protests should just get cars barreling through the crowd. After a couple of times it wouldn't happen any more.

We've had a few traffic blockages in DC due to these cretins, although not nearly what they have in NYC.

There is a reason people are supposed to get permits for marches and demonstrations and these people should not be given any exceptions.

If you and I went out there and blocked traffic to demand homes for homeless cats, they'd cite us and move us along and probably stick us in detention overnight.

Why are these people so special?

Here's why permits and protests organized by local governments don't work: Because permits are given for times WHEN NOBODY IS AROUND. CIvil disobedience is just that.

If you don't get that, then google "squeaky wheel and grease".

How's that two-digit IQ workin' out for you, hon? My city allows for protests at all hours of the day or night, so long as you follow the basic rules to keep from becoming a nuisance to others. I highly doubt we're unique in this regard.

But then, you're just guessing and stating your assumptions as fact, right?

Planning For A Civic Event Or Block Party Official website of the City of Tucson

Now, mind you, my city doesn't have anything like the Brooklyn Bridge, which doesn't reasonably have any alternate routes, so I again doubt it's possible to EVER get a permit to shut down traffic there.

Traffic blockages caused by protests should just get cars barreling through the crowd. After a couple of times it wouldn't happen any more.

We've had a few traffic blockages in DC due to these cretins, although not nearly what they have in NYC.

There is a reason people are supposed to get permits for marches and demonstrations and these people should not be given any exceptions.

If you and I went out there and blocked traffic to demand homes for homeless cats, they'd cite us and move us along and probably stick us in detention overnight.

Here's why permits and protests organized by local governments don't work: Because permits are given for times WHEN NOBODY IS AROUND. CIvil disobedience is just that.

Well, what about parades? They tend to happen on holiday weekends when lots of people are in the streets.

BTW, I live in DC. Most protests obtain permits. Don't give me that crap.

I'm betting that, like my city, you are simply required to provide the municipal government with enough notice to allow them to redirect traffic. I'm also betting that larger cities, like NYC and DC, have special provisions just for protests that my city doesn't have - like space to do it - because they see a lot more of them than we do.

Well, what about parades? They tend to happen on holiday weekends when lots of people are in the streets.

I'm betting that, like my city, you are simply required to provide the municipal government with enough notice to allow them to redirect traffic. I'm also betting that larger cities, like NYC and DC, have special provisions just for protests that my city doesn't have - like space to do it - because they see a lot more of them than we do.

Of course, in my city, the Secret Service shuts down access to neighborhoods for hours when Obama chooses to visit even establishments friendly to him.

Of course, in my city, the Secret Service shuts down access to neighborhoods for hours when Obama chooses to visit even establishments friendly to him.

They did the same thing for shrub. Why is this president the only one you blame for such things? Could it be because shrub's complexion was a few shades lighter?

They did the same thing for shrub. Why is this president the only one you blame for such things? Could it be because shrub's complexion was a few shades lighter?

They were wrong, then, too.

How's them apples?

I hope it happens by the way.
The GOP will have something to really rally around in 2016.
We can point to Dims and libs who were trying to disrupt the country back on New Years Eve 2014.

In 2016 the Republicans can show a clear distinction between supporters of our nations police depts, and the Dimocrat party that has been working to tear down our men and women in blue.

Keep it up Dims, you're playing right into our hands ! :2up:

We can point to Dims and libs who were trying to disrupt the country back on New Years Eve 2014.

In 2016 the Republicans can show a clear distinction between supporters of our nations police depts, and the Dimocrat party that has been working to tear down our men and women in blue.

Nixon was elected on a law and order platform. Aided not only by the urban riots of the 60s but also the Chicago Democrat convention.

Could it be that you have a problem with seeing people as just their skin color? As I recall, previous Presidents were more sensitive to the disruptions they caused other people when they made plans.

Nixon was elected on a law and order platform. Aided not only by the urban riots of the 60s but also the Chicago Democrat convention.

Absolutely, and if liberals want to riot now, be my guest !

They were wrong, then, too.

How's them apples?

I can respect that. At least you are judging them both by the same gauge in this case.

Could it be that you have a problem with seeing people as just their skin color? As I recall, previous Presidents were more sensitive to the disruptions they caused other people when they made plans.

Sure Bush was famous for his display of respect for others.

Sure Bush was famous for his display of respect for others.

Do you have to actually wear a bib for all that drooling you do? I'm just curious.

Typical act of terrorism by America haters.

Really?

Why do you RWs hate the Constitution so much?

FACT is, people died to give YOU the right to protest. You really want to give that up?
Really? What about 2nd Amendment Mr. Constitution? Liberals want to shut down free speech of all who disagree with them.
I know...with all your 2nd amendment rights gone in the last 6 years. Geesh!

Why would Libs be worried...I'm sure De Blasio will have the NYPD stand down and let the protesters do whatever they want.

Probably. Which is why the governor should move the state police and national guard into NYC.

DeBlawio isnt fit for command.

You want to replace the NYPD with the NG? I don't think that's necessary. After all, not all of the NYPD is corrupt and/or incompetent.

But then, most conservatives here are fanatical police state supporters, so they'd enjoy seeing tanks used to put down peaceful protests. This photo illustrates the current conservative view of good government.

300px-Tianasquare.jpg

Forum List

Back