New York: Black Muslim Woman Takes Oath As Judge, Swears on Holy Quran

Good for her :)
In the future hopefully we won't be electing people who hold such ridiculous beliefs.

The should swear in on a copy of the constitution, not a book of fairytale.

Unless you are a Muslim you can't believe Mohammad talked to God, yet we would nominate someone dumb enough to buy that story?

And this doesn't bother anyone?

I guess not because 40% of voters voted for a Mormon 4 years ago.

"New York: Black Muslim Woman Takes Oath As Judge, Swears on Holy Quran"

And?

Let us guess: those in public service should only confirm their oath of office with a 'bible,' including those not Christian.

The bigotry and idiocy of this is remarkable.

Just as idiotic as the notion that there's something 'wrong' with being Muslim.

Nothing wrong with believing women should be slaves with no rights, covered head to toe. Nothing wrong with outlawing being gay?

Judge Islam by middle eastern countries with vast majority Muslim populations, not by the ones pretending to be civilized in a Western country.

Why should we judge Islam based on the middle east? Only about 20% of Muslims worldwide live there.

In the rest of the world, 13 Muslim majority countries have elected a woman to their highest office - a bether track record than most of the Western world.

The vast majority of Muslims live in the Middle East and Northern Africa.
A few more in Southeast Asia and Southern Africa.

If you honestly believe any of those countries is more civilized than Western countries, you are welcome to move there.
The largest population of Muslims is in Indonesia....Now, maybe on a map you can show us where in the Middle East or Northern Africa Indonesia is.

This COUNTRY WAS CREATED BY CHRISTIANS.... get used to that after 200+++ years, you assholes STILL don't understand that!
Nope...this Country was NOT created by Christians FOR Christianity. In fact, they made darn sure that Christianity could not control the government....they'd seen what happened with the Puritans.....and it wasn't pretty.

This COUNTRY WAS CREATED BY CHRISTIANS.... get used to that after 200+++ years, you assholes STILL don't understand that!

The government and it's judicial system are secular. That's why we don't stone people for adultry, or if a bride is virgin on her wedding night, or worshipping other gods, or disobeying parents.

You just don't get it.

What's laughable is why would you ask someone to make an oath - a binding agreement based on the meaning of the object the person is using to seal the oath - on something that has no meaning to that person? In effect you are rendering the oath meaningless.

Making an oath on a Bible is not a Christian concept - it's a Western concept.

Then perhaps we should have ALL ELECTED and APPOINTED office holders make their oath on THE CONSTITUTION and BILL OF RIGHTS!
That I would agree with.

For practicing her faith by following a CHRISTIAN tradition?

For swearing on something that is meaningful to HER. Why do you folks have such a problem with that?
I have a problem with her implementing Sh'ria law in the courtroom. There's a reason swearing on a Bible has been done for centuries, because our legal system is based on Judeo Christian values. When she sentences Mooslim men to probation for honor killing their daughters, it will become more clear to you.

Or maybe not.

She is not implementing Sharia law - that's just stupid.

Why would you force a person to swear on a religious text that has no meaning to them?

Why do you assume she will not be capable of doing her job simply because she is Muslim?

Should we be concerned that a Catholic judge put send clerical pedophiles on probation rather than jail because he's Catholic?
1. Stupid is letting Mooslims into office

2. Please see number 1.

3. She is Mooslim

4. No because sexual child abuse isn't part of Catholic culture. Jihad and Sh'ria are intrinsic to Islam. No comparison.
Certainly wouldn't let pet killers into an elected office. They are one murder away from being a serial killer.

What country is this again?
Well from some of the posts, sounds like Spain during the Inquisition.
Trumps making it OK to be a racist bigot.

I just don't understand why we would want to import more Muslims.

I say we should instead go to Africa and start importing lots of orphan teens from places like Somalia, Sudan, etc. Put them in places like Detroit or better yet your neighborhood.

White people who live in Dearborn, mi all have stories about annoying Muslim shit. No one is saying ban them but ask them if they think America needs more Muslims and they'll all say no. We have enough.

Sorry, you do not get to decided what Holy Books elected officials swear on. You'll get over it.
And you do?

Nope. The person whom is being elected can decide that for themselves.
So.... The Cat In The Hat by Dr. Suess?
Sure....or in your case The Dead Cat in the Hat.

The government and it's judicial system are secular. That's why we don't stone people for adultry, or if a bride is virgin on her wedding night, or worshipping other gods, or disobeying parents.

You just don't get it.

What's laughable is why would you ask someone to make an oath - a binding agreement based on the meaning of the object the person is using to seal the oath - on something that has no meaning to that person? In effect you are rendering the oath meaningless.

So when homosexuals start getting unusually harsh sentences, will you Leftists risk offending the sand monkey judge by calling her a bigot?

Eventually you people are going to have to face the odd predicament you create by your sycophantic devotion to both gays and Muslims. Which side shall you take? Me personally I have no problem with gays. They are mellow people who don't chant "Death to America" on cable news or commit terrorist attacks in my country.
Said with a cat-killing gleam in your eye......

For practicing her faith by following a CHRISTIAN tradition?

For swearing on something that is meaningful to HER. Why do you folks have such a problem with that?
I have a problem with her implementing Sh'ria law in the courtroom. There's a reason swearing on a Bible has been done for centuries, because our legal system is based on Judeo Christian values. When she sentences Mooslim men to probation for honor killing their daughters, it will become more clear to you.

Or maybe not.

She is not implementing Sharia law - that's just stupid.

Why would you force a person to swear on a religious text that has no meaning to them?

Why do you assume she will not be capable of doing her job simply because she is Muslim?

Should we be concerned that a Catholic judge put send clerical pedophiles on probation rather than jail because he's Catholic?
1. Stupid is letting Mooslims into office

2. Please see number 1.

3. She is Mooslim

4. No because sexual child abuse isn't part of Catholic culture. Jihad and Sh'ria are intrinsic to Islam. No comparison.

And honor killing has nothing to do with "Jihad" or Sharia (not that you really understand either one).

the founding fathers were deists and didn't set this country up to be a christer theocracy

“The Government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion.”
~1797 Treaty of Tripoli signed by Founding Father John Adams

35 Founding Father Quotes Conservative Christians Will Hate

thomas-jefferson-christianity-quote.jpeg

quote-the-christian-religion-is-a-parody-on-the-worship-of-the-sun-in-which-they-put-a-man-whom-they-thomas-paine-257745.jpg

thomas-jefferson-billboard-backyard-skeptics.jpg

jeff_outcopy.jpg

thomas-jefferson-on-jesus.jpg

Lots of Jefferson quotes, now show me 10 from other founders about it!

Seems ALL muslim's that swear an oath on the Koran are doing so UNCONSTITUTIONALLY, as the Koran, and Sharia is definitely against many things in our Constitution!

moroccoworldnews.com ^ | Dec. 12, 2015 | Karla Dieseldorff
New York--New York Judge Carolyn Walker-Diallo, a Black Muslim woman took oath as a civil court judge in New York on Thursday, while swearing to abide by the U.S. Constitution placing her hand on the Holy Quran. In the United States and the majority of Western countries, politicians and members of the courts are sworn in to their positions while placing their hand on the Holy Bible when they take their oath. However, Judge Walker took her oath respecting the sacred book of her Islamic faith, the Holy Quran, while also wearing a hijab. A video posted on Facebook...

timthumb.php
Seriously? :rofl: You're not very bright, are you BIrther?

Smarter than you are, Bull Dyke!

You just don't get it.

So when homosexuals start getting unusually harsh sentences, will you Leftists risk offending the sand monkey judge by calling her a bigot?

You're assuming that's what she is going to do. Christianity hates homosexuals too. We have a lot of Christian judges. You don't seem too concerned.

Eventually you people are going to have to face the odd predicament you create by your sycophantic devotion to both gays and Muslims. Which side shall you take? Me personally I have no problem with gays. They are mellow people who don't chant "Death to America" on cable news or commit terrorist attacks in my country.

That's an easy question to answer. I take the side of justice and thus far, I have seen no evidence in the US that I need to be any more concerned about Muslim judges than I would be about Catholic judges. Your claims effectively state that a person can not be both religious AND an impartial judge. Do you stand by that?

In the future hopefully we won't be electing people who hold such ridiculous beliefs.

The should swear in on a copy of the constitution, not a book of fairytale.

Unless you are a Muslim you can't believe Mohammad talked to God, yet we would nominate someone dumb enough to buy that story?

And this doesn't bother anyone?

I guess not because 40% of voters voted for a Mormon 4 years ago.

People are free to believe what they want, as long as they can do their job professionally.

Here? Inna United States?

... next thing ya know she gonna wanna be...

... judgin' by sharia law.:omg:
This is also as ignorant as it is hateful and wrong, and fails as a slippery slope fallacy.
One of these days you Leftfucks are going to realize Muslims don't like gays very much and you're going to regret putting them in positions of power.
How are they about cat killers?
Depends do they eat the cats? If they do no different than a cow goat deer or pig

You just don't get it.

You're assuming that's what she is going to do. Christianity hates homosexuals too. We have a lot of Christian judges. You don't seem too concerned.

That's an easy question to answer. I take the side of justice and thus far, I have seen no evidence in the US that I need to be any more concerned about Muslim judges than I would be about Catholic judges. Your claims effectively state that a person can not be both religious AND an impartial judge. Do you stand by that?
I wouldn't want any overly religious person judging me.

"New York: Black Muslim Woman Takes Oath As Judge, Swears on Holy Quran"

And?

Let us guess: those in public service should only confirm their oath of office with a 'bible,' including those not Christian.

The bigotry and idiocy of this is remarkable.

Just as idiotic as the notion that there's something 'wrong' with being Muslim.

Nothing wrong with believing women should be slaves with no rights, covered head to toe. Nothing wrong with outlawing being gay?

Judge Islam by middle eastern countries with vast majority Muslim populations, not by the ones pretending to be civilized in a Western country.

You have no idea what that judge believes. You have no justification for your attack.
We do however know what you believe so labeling you as a moron is easy.
She believes Allah is God and Muhammed is his prophet. That says it all.

That says nothing except that you are a bigot and a moron.

will this Islamic Judge

be for Sharia Law too?

where do we draw the line?

when is enough of crap enough:dunno:

Forum List

Back